Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The hidden past

Midnightive

Ok this is the start to my ocs backstory, it's not very long so... enjoy the start of my idea!

For as long as Equestria has turned, there have been 4 alicorns to control the seasons.

Aestiva, with a coat warm orange in colour and a fiery red mane, patterned with yellow highlights. His cutie mark was a sun partially covered by a cloud. He was the oldest of the four alicorns. He worked closely with Celestia to make sure the summers ran smoothly.

Vernum, who had a coat of blossom pink and a dark pink mane with highlights of a lighter shade. Her cutie mark was three beautiful flowers. Her job was to use her magic to bring life to nature after the winters.

With a white coat with a light blue mane was Hiems. With a snow flake upon his flank, it was his job to ensure that no winter was dangerously cold, but still contained a certain chill.

Last was Autumnus. She had an odd green coat and light green hair with darker lowlights. Her cutie mark was three different coloured leaves. It was her who was the youngest of the four.

Together they bought the seasons. But over time Hiems grew cold. Year after year the ponies of Equestria would complain. To them the snow was just an inconvenience. This upset Hiems. Every year he watched. No one cared about the snow. Hiems was upset. The world shunned his beauty, and the other alicorns wouldn't even listen to his complaints.

Soon Autumnus noticed that no one knew why she made the leaves fall off. No one ever asked. They just complained that the trees looked horrible without their leaves and that winter was coming. Something started to turn in Autumnus, she was growing tired and bitter. They all shunned her season just like they shunned Hiems'. She spoke with her brother, Hiems, and together they tired to overthrow Aestiva and Vernum.

Decades later the alicorns had begun hating each other. Each one trying to keep their season lasting forever. Celestia saw this, and took away their alicorn powers.

If you can no longer bring the seasons in harmony, then the power will be taken from you.” She paused. Her horn glowed and a magical aura formed around Aestiva.

Aestiva had lost his horn and Celestia looked down on him.

For the rest of your life you will be a pegasus and age like one, the only time you will be given back your alicorn powers is when summer has arrived.” she told Aestiva. Celestia horn glowed again, this time forming around Vernum.

Vernum had lost her wings. Celestia looked at her.

For the rest of your life you will be a Unicorn and age like one, the only time you’ll be given back your alicorn powers when the spring has arrived” Vernum gave a small bow, but kept her head low in shame.

Celestia turned to Autumnus and Hiems, her eyes full of anger. Her horn glowed again this time it covered Autumnus. She had lost her horn.

You have also lost your horn you will be a Pegasus and age like one. the only time you will be given back your powers, is when I’ve seen you can handle them. I will bring the autumn till then.”

She turned to Hiems her horn glowed for the final time. Hiems lost his horn and his wings.

You will be earth pony and will age like one. Your powers will also be given back when I see you can handle them.”

Celestia looked at the four one last time.

But be warned. It will hurt when you've grown what you need to become an alicorn. This is your punishment.” With that, Celestia walked away.

Years later, Celestia called a meeting. She told Autumnus and Hiems that they could have their powers back.

As we all know, you are now getting older.” she paused, looking at the four.

I know you all have loving partners.” She looked at Aestiva,

And it is by my decree that you will bare the next generation of season bringers. They too will have to live through the burden that you have.”

• Brohoof 2