gaming World of Warcraft

Street Comedy

Alright, I am now preparing myself for the upcoming expansion and I thought it would be wise to share a few tips here.

Now, as the economy in WoW is faster than ever because of the garrisons, farming gold is a dream and I would reccomend everyone to take advantage of it.

I have not bought game time in two months and still have 70 000 gold on my alt. I am saving up gold for buying game time tokens during the next expansion as they will fall in price as gold will be harder to earn.

If you want to maximize your gold production, you should make sure to give all your followers the Treasure Hunter ability as they will make you a crap ton of gold, without any effort at all. The barn is also highly reccomended, as you will produce a fortune on the AH by selling furs and Savage bloods. This whole process takes about 30 seconds a day, excluding farming beasts to put into your barn (But that is optional).

Feeling exstra gold hungry? Do all the old raids and see your character drowning in easy made money.

Leveling proffessions is also a really good idea. If you are raiding crafted gear will last you a long time and you can REROLL secondary stats on them, the gear may not be the strongest but you can tailor it perfectly for your build. Therefore you should always have a high proffesion level. Cooking is also freaking gold if you are raiding or doing timewalking dungeons as they will be a godlike gift for your group.

Ok, now as we are ready for a new expansion. LET THE HYPE CONTINUE! LOK'TAR OGAR!

Wow that is good advice. I'm reinstalling the game as we speak. My hard drive failed a few months ago, since been replaced, hadn't gotten around to reinstalling it....gonna need curse Client too I guess for my mods. 

@Laeton: Well damn. O.o Seems like I didn't miss much for my absence. Though I do miss some of my guildies. 

Survival Hunters Getting Melee: GOOD! The three specs all feel so samey now something needs to be done to mix it up. 

OH oh oh let me do the three Thing. 

Naruskorr - A middle Aged Orc Warlock. He delves into the mysteries of the Fel and Demon always searching always seeking new forbidden knowledge. Why does he walk this dark path? Some dark painful secret? Ha! no. To revive some long lost love. Pffttt no. He walks it because, he desires power. and it interests him. He holds his demons on a short leash, and is quick to prove his hold over them. He does not ask, he demands. A survivor from Garrosh's Purge, he harbors a hatred of any surviving Loyalist. He quite enjoyed Killing the former Warcheif's servants. And experimenting on their souls. 

Galadora - Dreani Vindicator. It has long been her duty to protect her people from all threats and she does this happily. However she can't deny a rage and anger that has drawn her from the path of Protection, to Retribution. Her anger and new found joy in killing scares her. She is fighting to stay on the path of light, and fight without letting her hate and rage consume her. 

Daphee - Gnome Mage. Daphee used to make sweets before gnomergon became irradiated. She only fights because she has abilities some don't. She just wants to make the fighting stop. And retake her home so she can go back to a peaceful life making candies and chocolates. 

Okay I'm cheating cause I've been brainstorming for my Demon Hunter. 

Thareyn - Blood Elf Demon Hunter. Thareyn is my oldest character. (Galadora is a race changed him actually.) He was the first one I rolled and really got into. As a result he's been through a lot. So has his brother who does not currently have a toon. The story here is that Thareyn as a pally has been fighting and serving for years now. Taken so many blows his nickname at one point was: The Scar Shield. His Brother on the other hand, became a Death Knight. Unlike the other Deathknights however, Kayrain didn't find joy or peace in killing instead with tinkering. With the dead, ancient magics all that. To the point where he actually drank Faceless One Blood and replaced parts of his flesh with theirs. He became twisted and mad. Thareyn was hunting him. At this point, Thareyn was beginning to lose the light. Many of his friends, (my guildmates) were gone. (Stopped playing, changed their character etc.) He was alone again. and losing faith. Aside from the light, his body was reaching it's breaking point too, you can only heal so much from the kinds of wounds he's taken. (At this point he'd lost an eye, had an arm sliced off and reattached. etc etc.) 

Cont.: Kayrain was observing his brother. and in his twisted heart tried to find a way to help. With all the time manipulation going on lately. Kayrain thought he'd try his hand at it to find a way to reignite his brother's Passions. Instead he found a possibility, a twist in his brothers fate that never came to fruition. An untapped Potential. He allowed Thareyn to find him, and a battle ensued. Thare managed to wound Kayrain, but with the light leaving him and his ailing body he wasn't able to stop Kayrain's machinations. 

Neither are really sure what Kayrain did. But using epcoh stones and a pinch of sand from Kairozdormu's Broken hour glass. He somehow made the possibility in Thareyn's past, become his present. The Thareyn before him faded, but all he was was taken in by the new Thareyn. He remembers being both a Paladin, and being a Demon Hunter. Though locked away he rages in his slumber, Kayrain's actions took away all that Thareyn had been. Kayrain for his part was happy, he'd have his brother back, and finally, finally Thareyn would understand. What it was to fall. 

Okay that last one went on for a while. I'm still working on it. Might scrap it as it's more or less just a way for me to keep an old character around. 

• Brohoof 3

@@Akari of Duskshire,

Just added the other two. 

I study mistweaving tae kwon do, which is a Korean martial art.  You?

Heh I always thought Tae Kwon Do was more Brewmaster or Windwalker but I've never studied it closely. (Though I did know it was Korean.) To quote an underrated actor . . .

(Although my base style was karate.)

Pronounced closer to Gong-Fu with emphasis on the first part traditionally. Makes RPing the decidedly Chinese inspired Pandaren monk pretty seamless though, right?  :P

And I must say, that's not something I saw commonly with a lot of draenei RPers.  A lot of them were either content to remain on Azeroth or so desperately wish to see Outland restored to the home they had settled on.  A lot of them were also weary from all that traveling and so glad they have some place permanent.  Of course, I've seen draenei RPers with that wanderlust, but not like that.

Yeah it was sort of an attempt of channeling my own fascination for the concept as part of the character. One of the things that hooked me to the Dranei in the first place was their alien nature and their technology. That Tempest Keep and the other ships operated unlike conventional "star ships" and more like self contained dark portals except linked to any world and not just two . . . I thought it was awesome.

So that inspired me to make a Paladin, my favorite class before the monk, who not only felt comfortable being a dimensional drifter but actually preferred it to settling on any one world. He takes any quest involving portals, magic that can bridge worlds through the Nether, or anything he believes can repair the Exodar. Chulorn wants off Azeroth as soon as possible but feels no particular kinship to Draenor apart from the sadness of those who died there. He doesn't want to leave Azeroth though because he despises it, rather, he wants to gather reinforcements and then come back.

Edited by Steel Accord

Thinking of coming back to play some Burning Crusade timewalking dungeons and maybe some Raid Finder and PvP. Not sure how long I'll stick around as I've felt sorta disconnected from WoW ever since WoD was released, but I like revisiting old content.

Anyone wanna play a bit this weekend? It'd be cool if a few of us from the forums got together and did a few dungeons and stuff.

Anyone wanna play a bit this weekend? It'd be cool if a few of us from the forums got together and did a few dungeons and stuff.

I would not be adverse to such if I can get my account back in time . . . and you don't mind an RPer. 

• Brohoof 1

Thinking of coming back to play some Burning Crusade timewalking dungeons and maybe some Raid Finder and PvP. Not sure how long I'll stick around as I've felt sorta disconnected from WoW ever since WoD was released, but I like revisiting old content.

That would be sweet and stuff, but I'd have to renew my subscription first. Edited by Akari of Duskshire
  • Brohoof 2

That would be sweet and stuff, but I'd have to renew my subscription first.

Sorry I don't mean to pester you but,

Just added the other two.

Plus my whole quote above is a response to your words.

@@Steel Accord,

Sorry about that.  I was on an iPad when I made my last post and typing posts on an iPad severely limits your reply options (and I was about to fall asleep).

I always thought Tae Kwon Do was more Brewmaster or Windwalker

I only said "Mistweaver" because it's the monk spec I'm best at.  Mistweaver always struck me as deriving movements from Chai Tea Tai Chi.  Tae Kwon Do is more Windwalker in my opinion (we sure as heck don't get ourselves drunk out of our gourd! XD).

Warthick, Worgen Druid

Wei Yu Summerstep, Pandaren Monk

It was kinda as though Warthick was some kind of chosen one (or in this case, one of the chosen many).  Kinda like my own worgen druid (now in the void of deleted characters pre-WoD), except mine was incredibly conflicted and sometimes feral and not docile like your's.  In fact, I don't remember any worgen RPer who were docile prior to getting balanced and all of that.  XD

As for Wei Yu, I fully expected you say something like "they got into this fight over the whole fiasco at the Wandering Isle and they split because of that".  I honestly didn't expect that and your character is my lingering wish that they expanded on the conflict between the Tsuhui and the Huojin more in MoP.

@@Notachangeling,

Your warlock, in my opinion, is quite a fresh change from the "I was orphaned as a child, I lost the love of my life, and now I turned to fel magic to bring them back/take my revenge/out of despair/hopfully get myself killed one day" backstories I saw a lot of.  And with a fresh helping of "kick the guys who supported the guy who wanted me dead".  

I also like how your paladin, this holy champion of the Naaru and all that is pure and good, has found a joy in killing and is scared of that and her own rage.  I bet she would have my head on a spike if I said she was not too different from Arthas, huh?

Last but not least, I'm curious.  What exactly are those abilities that your candy mage has that others don't?

• Brohoof 1

Naruskorr - A middle Aged Orc Warlock. He delves into the mysteries of the Fel and Demon always searching always seeking new forbidden knowledge. Why does he walk this dark path? Some dark painful secret? Ha! no. To revive some long lost love. Pffttt no. He walks it because, he desires power. and it interests him. He holds his demons on a short leash, and is quick to prove his hold over them. He does not ask, he demands. A survivor from Garrosh's Purge, he harbors a hatred of any surviving Loyalist. He quite enjoyed Killing the former Warcheif's servants. And experimenting on their souls. 

I really like the idea. The best Warlock characters are the Noble and the mercenary. As in, those who fight fire with fire, a la, a Demon Hunter and those who are just as much akin to Mages but explore the realms they not dare. (For one reason or another.) Another thing I like is him surviving Garrosh's purge of demonic sorcery. This gives Naruskorr a real conflict and layer. He IS playing with powers that are dangerous but he also WAS the victim of systematic oppression.

Galadora - Dreani Vindicator. It has long been her duty to protect her people from all threats and she does this happily. However she can't deny a rage and anger that has drawn her from the path of Protection, to Retribution. Her anger and new found joy in killing scares her. She is fighting to stay on the path of light, and fight without letting her hate and rage consume her. 

Not an unheard of concept for the Dranei but I would say an important and fitting one, especially for a Vindicator.

Daphee - Gnome Mage. Daphee used to make sweets before gnomergon became irradiated. She only fights because she has abilities some don't. She just wants to make the fighting stop. And retake her home so she can go back to a peaceful life making candies and chocolates. 

I think I might actually identify closest with her. Wei Yu likewise wishing for the fighting to stop so he can return to his home with his brother and be a family again.

Sorry about that.  I was on an iPad when I made my last post and typing posts on an iPad severely limits your reply options (and I was about to fall asleep).

No worries. It was a bit selfish but I just didn't want to write all that and you miss it.

It was kinda as though Warthick was some kind of chosen one (or in this case, one of the chosen many).  Kinda like my own worgen druid (now in the void of deleted characters pre-WoD), except mine was incredibly conflicted and sometimes feral and not docile like your's.  In fact, I don't remember any worgen RPer who were docile prior to getting balanced and all of that.  XD

Well I don't mean to make him sound like a Gary Stu. The first quest for druids is "the wind knows your name." So while he kept quiet about it around others, the idea is that he was not alone, he is of "the Chosen Many." Those who would become the new Druids of the Pack. (Not sure if you know, they existed in the lore when the Night Elves fought a war with the Satyrs.)

I admit, I did take some liberty with the docile before potion bit but in my defense, we don't see THAT much of the Worgen after they escape Gilneas. We most running about feral, but is it equally safe to say that "feral" equals "violent" as opposed to just being the intellectual level of dogs?

As for Wei Yu, I fully expected you say something like "they got into this fight over the whole fiasco at the Wandering Isle and they split because of that".  I honestly didn't expect that and your character is my lingering wish that they expanded on the conflict between the Tsuhui and the Huojin more in MoP.

Yeah I have two brothers in real life. With the one closer to me in age, Luke, sometimes I call him Lukey. (See what I did thar?) As we have grown older, we've become closer but our differences in worldview are ever more apparent. 

I didn't have the whole script at the time but when the Skyseer blew, the two actually cooperated and helped the Alliance and Horde together. Wei Yu sees this as evidence that they shouldn't even be fighting, literally the first time he saw them together was them joining forces to fix his home when one of his own people had injured Shen-Zin Su!

On that note, I created Luke's counterpart and played him for a bit just to see the difference between the Alliance and Horde Pandaren starting experience. It did NOT paint a pretty picture of Lu Kwei's mental state when the two reunite.

Thank you so much though. You have no idea what it means to me, as a writer, that these little stories I write are actually interesting.
Edited by Steel Accord

@@Steel Accord,

I didn't mean to sound like that, sorry!  XD   You're welcome, btw.

Now, my tauren druid is definitely dedicated to nature's well-being and she wishes the politics and fighting between the Horde and the Alliance weren't always getting in the way of it.  She's also the only one of my Horde characters who will most definitely act civil with the opposite faction.  How do you think it would go if she and Warthick were to meet?

@@Notachangeling,

Ah, I forgot about your demon hunter idea.  I'm so sorry.  lD

I find the idea incredibly fascinating.  Maybe change up the "messing around with time magic" thing a little bit, but I find it interesting and I think you should give it a try when the time comes. 

• Brohoof 1

I didn't mean to sound like that, sorry!  XD

You didn't, I just didn't want their to be doubts as to that direction.

You're welcome, btw.

Really, thank you. Sorry if this is annoying but what about Wei Yu's story do you like?

Now, my tauren druid is definitely dedicated to nature's well-being and she wishes the politics and fighting between the Horde and the Alliance weren't always getting in the way of it.  She's also the only one of my Horde characters who will most definitely act civil with the opposite faction.  How do you think it would go if she and Warthick were to meet?

To be honest I am not really sure. Like a lot of Gilneans, Warthick feels like he has something to prove, them basically hiding from the world all these years. He certainly would not attack on sight but I can't exactly guarantee that he would not act with some small level of hostility in conversation. That's if the two were to meet out of the blue, where they to meet in Moonglade or in a capacity that made it clear their calling was the same, say . . . . in the Order Hall, Warthick would see her as a sister.

Mmmmaybe more, given time.  :please:  

• Brohoof 1

Started roleplaying on Argent Dawn EU.

Quite fun to roleplay as a tauren, as I get to say "brother" all the time. xD

Started roleplaying on Argent Dawn EU.

Quite fun to roleplay as a tauren, as I get to say "brother" all the time. xD

Welcome to our venerable brothehood! The ones that try to keep the actual "fantasy" in this fantasy RPG.

Welcome to our venerable brothehood! The ones that try to keep the actual "fantasy" in this fantasy RPG.

Thank you  :sunbutt:

I'm a tauren warrior who hunts the Kolkar in Desolace and the Barrens after the slaying on his father by one of their khans.

What's your story 

Thank you  :sunbutt:

I'm a tauren warrior who hunts the Kolkar in Desolace and the Barrens after the slaying on his father by one of their khans.

What's your story 

I am Wei Yu Summerstep, I grew up in Wu-Song Village on Shen-Zin Su, the Wandering Isle. Along with me in life was my brother Lu Kwei.

We both grew up very similarly but as we got older, differences became more and more apparent. No where was the clearer than at Master Shang's Academy. That I became a monk of the Tushui and he a hunter of the Huojin was not a surprise.

I had always preferred the spiritual path, striving for realization of my self, and seeing the world as how it could be better. Lu Kwei was more focused on the practical, wanting to master the world, and seeing the faults in things first.

At the Academy, we balanced each other out quite well. When he would impulsively leap to a challenge, I would stop him and point out that he almost stepped on a trip wire. Where I would try to negotiate two struggling children to cooperate to free themselves from a finger trap, he would just cut the knot.

It wasn't until contact with the Alliance and Horde where our differences made life . . . difficult. When the Skyseer was blown from Shen-Zin Su, we both volunteered to protect the healers so that they may tend our guardian's wound.

We both wanted to leave with them in accordance with our respective masters. With a final warm embrace, we promised to meet each other again one day.

It wasn't until I had settled into my new home in Stormwind, that Master Cloudsinger made it clear to all of the Tushui the actual terms of our allegiance.

This confounded me to no end, and still does! I saw the Alliance and Horde working together, their records show that they have in the past as well! Why can't they let old wounds heal and gain more from one another as friends, just as what happened at the Wandering Isle?

As we were building the Tushui temple in Stormwind, I was further informed that the Alliance "greatly encouraged" volunteering in their military campaigns. I wanted no such part in these! They were insipid exercises in needless death! As I was out and about in the city one day though, I was approached by an "Agent Glen of SI:7" 

His demeanor was calm, cordial, and polite, but every word and action was bankrupt of sincerity. He expressed sorrow at how "draft dodgers" were so prevalent these days. He implied to draft one of the younger students, barely into learning his first form, to the front lines if I didn't enlist.

With the possibility of a youth dying in my place, I volunteered at last. With the slight saving grace that I was a conscientious objector and thus, not required to carry weapons or engage the enemy unless directly attacked.

At Warsong Gulch, I was posted as a sentry. When my position was overrun before reinforcements could arrive though, I was forced to defend myself. I was successfully able to beat my Orcish attacker, advising he not get up with a few broken ribs. By that time, the reinforcements came and were able to beat back the Horde.

My superior, Kynarnae Blackdancer looked upon my defeated foe and ordered that I kill him. I chose not to follow that order. Through a heated debate regarding fair conduct of war and general ethics, Kynarnae spitefully decided to kill the Orc herself.

. . . I stopped her.

Afterwards, I insisted that the Orc was my prisoner and under my protection. So I was begrudgingly allowed to return him to Silverwing Hold. Over the course of his imprisonment, my Orcish friend, Tul'kar, and I began to talk to one another, his claim of how he let me win went from genuine rage to a friendly jab before long.

When a prisoner exchange was made, I asked Tul'kar of one favor. That if he ever came across my brother, to tell him how much I missed him.

I've managed to stay under the Alliance's notice ever since, most of my time is spent traveling. My training taking me to many places across the world.

It's difficult to say which I feel more, but I both hope and dread the day, I see Lu-Kwei again.
Edited by Steel Accord

@@Steel Accord@@Royce,

(OOC:  I'd say my favorite part is the one were Wei Yu spared the orc and took him back to Silverwing Hold.  I so very wish MoP expanded on that conflict with the Pandaren from the Wandering Isle.  Also, what you said about Warthick...  Hohoho.   :bedeyes: )

*is slumped in my seat with a mug of brew and my sword and hammer next to me*  Quite the story there, monk.  Yeah, it's true the Horde and the Alliance are still goin' at eachothers' throats.  Confusin' to the mind how they haven't wiped each other off the face of Azeroth yet!  *takes a gulp*

But hang in there, bud.  I'd bet my best blade that you and your brother will be alright in the end!

Edited by Akari of Duskshire
  • Brohoof 1

(OOC:  I'd say my favorite part is the one were Wei Yu spared the orc and took him back to Silverwing Hold.  I so very wish MoP expanded on that conflict with the Pandaren from the Wandering Isle.  Also, what you said about Warthick...  Hohoho.    )

I'm not too broken up about it, a good setup to tell my story is sufficient for me.

Hey, I'm all for interspecies romance.

*is slumped in my seat with a mug of brew and my sword and hammer next to me*  Quite the story there, monk.  Yeah, it's true the Horde and the Alliance are still goin' at eachothers' throats.  Confusin' to the mind how they haven't wiped each other off the face of Azeroth yet!  *takes a gulp*   But hang in there, bud.  I'd bet my best blade that you and your brother will be alright in the end!

((OOC: I would respond IC but this is not an RP thread.)) 

I tell you, I love soloing ICC for the RP with Arthas alone. Definitely my favorite raid boss in the game.

Okay, THAT is a cool concept for play! Especially since Wrath so effectively builds him up across Northrend.

Okay, THAT is a cool concept for play! Especially since Wrath so effectively builds him up across Northrend.
You've never soloed old raids before? I think it would make for some interesting RP.
  • Brohoof 1

You've never soloed old raids before? I think it would make for some interesting RP.

No I have not. I've just reactivated my account so now I think I will. Of course I just so happen to do so during maintenance.  >_>

No I have not. I've just reactivated my account so now I think I will. Of course I just so happen to do so during maintenance.  >_>

Hmm. Well, soloing old raids at max is fun, plus like I said, more RP opportunities, also, with the artifact weapons, you have to back to old raids for some. Death Knights are getting Frostmourne.

Well, Frost DKs, anyway, and it's being reforged into two blades.

• Brohoof 1

Hmm. Well, soloing old raids at max is fun, plus like I said, more RP opportunities, also, with the artifact weapons, you have to back to old raids for some. Death Knights are getting Frostmourne.

That's gonna be AWESOME!  Can't wait!

I also never tried RPing in old raids.  Gotta try that once I get game time again (which won't be for a while because there's a big expense coming up).

Edited by Akari of Duskshire
  • Brohoof 1

When you say "artifacts" do you mean the old artifacts or the new ones in Legion?

• Brohoof 1

When you say "artifacts" do you mean the old artifacts or the new ones in Legion?

The ones we're getting in Legion.

• Brohoof 1

@@Celli,

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but how do you RP in old raids?  How do you yourself do it? 

I actually don't know :lol: . I just thought that would be something RPers do. I've never RPed, but I'm kind of interested.

Edited by Celli
  • Brohoof 1