gaming World of Warcraft

Street Comedy

@@Celli,

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but how do you RP in old raids?  How do you yourself do it? 

Well that would depend on the character and the raid in question. For instance, just to show how archaic my raid knowledge is, in the Molten Core where one fought Ragnoros and his minions, it would depend on the character and how they would react to what they were seeing. 

Shaman would see THE fire elemental acting up and having to bring him into line, but Ragnoros has some devilish fiends as he servants including one named "Luciferon" so a priest(ess) of the Holy Light might consider it a personal sanctified mission to stop this monster.

I actually don't know :lol: . I just thought that would be something RPers do. I've never RPed, but I'm kind of interested.

@@Celli,

Ah, I see.

Well, RPing in WoW is pretty fun.  With the plethora of race-class combos you can make, along with all the professions in the game, the possibilities are almost endless.

Yeeeeeees . . . . join uuuuuuus.

Villagers_giving_big_smiles_during_In_Ou

Seriously though RPing in WoW may just curb some of your problems with it in terms of engagement. Blizzard gives us a canvas for which we can tell our stories, all it takes is a little imagination, some creative /em commands, and a little method acting and Azeroth really comes alive!

The ones we're getting in Legion.

Oh yeah, I just can't wait! The fact that they are class unique as well as customizable shows how individually focused on the character they are.

• Brohoof 1

Yeeeeeees . . . . join uuuuuuus
I'll give it some thought. Will probably go with a Draenei Retty as that's the first toon I rolled when I joined in MoP. And Pallies are really fun in my honest opinion.

Ever heard of ERP?
Yes, I have. Looking at you Goldshire :okiedokielokie:
  • Brohoof 2

@@Steel Accord,@@Celli,

I must warn you though.  Some folks like to indulge in... ah...

Ever heard of ERP? 

Yes, I prefer the term RRP. "Romantic Roleplaying."

I'll give it some thought. Will probably go with a Draenei Retty as that's the first toon I rolled when I joined in MoP. And Pallies are really fun in my honest opinion.

My first real main was a Draenei Vindicator.  B) The stories I told with him . . .

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 1

@@Celli,@@Steel Accord,

Please don't kill me, but when I was starting out, I thought warriors and paladins were pretty darn boring.  XD  And I was just ecstatic to start up a death knight when my night elf druid had reached level 55.

Now, I can say that I had raised a draenei paladin to level 100.  

I would not kill you for saying such, merely disagree. I find the idea of a Paladin to be compelling, a Holy champion of all that is good. It's a superhero ideal that I long to play as.

@@Steel Accord,

Eh, I find paladins to be pretty interesting nowadays.  Especially the Sunwalkers!  Lore-wise, they're almost like balance druids stuck on the sun side and given plate armor and a hammer!  I would totally kill to get tribal-looking armor befitting a Sunwalker.

Edited by Akari of Duskshire
  • Brohoof 1

I would not kill you for saying such, merely disagree. I find the idea of a Paladin to be compelling, a Holy champion of all that is good. It's a superhero ideal that I long to play as.

I agree. And The Knights of the SIlver Hand are really interesting, with Tirion, Uther, and the like. Man, I can not wait to wield Ashbringer.

• Brohoof 1

I rather like the standard version that Tirion currently wields.

I agree. And The Knights of the SIlver Hand are really interesting, with Tirion, Uther, and the like. Man, I can not wait to wield Ashbringer.

Completely agreed to both. I do hope I can give it a bit more of a Draenei flare to it but otherwise I prefer the base version. And I especially don't like that dark version! Ashbringer was already corrupted once!

@@Steel Accord, I've always wondered. Draenei couldn't join The Silver Hand, so how did they become Paladins? Is it their nature with the Naaru? Did the Silver Hand follow The Naaru?

• Brohoof 1

And I especially don't like that dark version!

Oh you don't?  Ah, I quite like the darker side of things.  It's why I'm so ecstatic for the demon hunters...  hehehe... 

@@Celli,

Draenei were taking up arms to become paladins in the name of the Naaru long before The Silver Hand was formed.  They simply went under a different term:  vindicators.  They had always been paladins, just not by that name.

Edited by Akari of Duskshire
  • Brohoof 1

@@Steel Accord, I've always wondered. Draenei couldn't join The Silver Hand, so how did they become Paladins? Is it their nature with the Naaru? Did the Silver Hand follow The Naaru?

That's just the thing, they didn't become "Paladins," they became "Vindicators." They learned to wield the Light directly from the Naaru as their followers and disciples. Empowered by the Light that was ever present in their lives. They do have an organization called "the Hand of Argus" which presumably is their counterpart to the Silver Hand.

It's funny to think of what the Dranei would think of to find a planet where the Light is worshipped and discovered largely independent of the Naaru.

Oh you don't?  Ah, I quite like the darker side of things.  It's why I'm so ecstatic for the demon hunters...  hehehe... 

@@Celli,

Draenei were taking up arms to become paladins in the name of the Naaru long before The Silver Hand was formed.  They simply went under a different term:  vindicators.  They had always been paladins, just not by that name.

There is a reason I've never extensively RPed as a Warlock or Rogue.

• Brohoof 2

That's just the thing, they didn't become "Paladins," they became "Vindicators." They learned to wield the Light directly from the Naaru as their followers and disciples. Empowered by the Light that was ever present in their lives. They do have an organization called "the Hand of Argus" which presumably is their counterpart to the Silver Hand.

It's funny to think of what the Dranei would think of to find a planet where the Light is worshipped and discovered largely independent of the Naaru.

Ah, I keep forgetting. Paladins are the Human version. Like Vindicator Maraad, not "Paladin Maraad."

• Brohoof 1

I am really upset now. Guys, please tell me this is just realm maintenance and I didn't restart my account for no reason at all.

Hmm, well, I was able to play, as I just soloed ICC not half an hour ago.

Ah, I keep forgetting. Paladins are the Human version. Like Vindicator Maraad, not "Paladin Maraad."

Exactly, and that's what @@Akari of Duskshire, and I find so fascinating about the classes. How so many can come to the same place, wielding the same powers but how their culture filters the interpretation of where these powers come from and what they do.

It's the same on the Horde side. The Blood Knights and the Sunwalkers. Paladins in particular seem heavily sect based.

Hmm, well, I was able to play, as I just soloed ICC not half an hour ago.

Could you do me a favor and try to log in now?

Edited by Steel Accord

No. :( Never mind. It seems WoW and I are just never again meant to be.
Can you even get to the character screen at all?

Can you even get to the character screen at all?

Nope, I'm good up until that point. It only says "connected" after I select the realm and stops there.

@@Celli@@Akari of Duskshire

Never mind, Blizzard has been their typical awesome selves and got back to me with support. 

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 2