gaming World of Warcraft

Street Comedy

@@Steel Accord,

Oh definitely.  But like I said, I don't know about the other Houses and it's been months since I've been on, so much could've changed.

So I take it we're going to get level 100 boosts with a pre-ordering of Legion?

Wait, as a plan? I was just going to try and level my guy as far as he could go leading up to it.

I mean, you know how anyone who preordered WoD got a free level 90 boost?  Maybe with Legion we're getting a free level 100 boost if we preorder it?

I think that will be the case.

Also, to all you folks with draenei or orc characters, what is the state of their AU selves in the WoD Draenor? 

Chulorn "lived" closer to the Genedar (Oshu'gun) rather than Shattrath or the Temple of Karabor, although he frequented both. He truly was a nomad and quite friendly with the Orcs. That the Prophet decreed Draenor their new home irked him. Not to the point where he lashed out or brooded, he was a couple centuries old by this point, such would just be immature. He did however make it a point to say to the Aldor he believed that their place was not on any one world.

In the main timeline, Chulorn greeted the onset of the Burning Legion with the same outward feelings all else did, but beneath the exterior he was almost glad that now they at least had an excuse to leave the world behind. He was among the vanguard in re-taking the Exodar, upon waking up and realizing that it had indeed crashed, Chulorn felt the despair that had befallen many Draenei, not for the loss of Draenor though but for his true home to be both forever beyond his reach, and now a cracked crystal shell lodged in the dirt.

In the alternate timeline, Chulorn is broken. Literally, he is one of the kro'kul. When the Iron Horde swept across the world, grinding their enemies beneath the hammers and wheels of their machine of conquest . . . the Naaru did not save them. Tempest Keep did not descend from the Heavens to take them up into the Holy Aether, the sky was filled only with smoke, fire, and ash. This was enough for Chulorn, after thousands of years . . . to loose faith. Instead he hid away in the Genedar, pouring into the arcane studies, searching for a way to open a portal to the Twisting Nether. Limited exposure but over time and without the Light to shield him, reduced him into what he now is.

Needless to say, Chulorn Prime would be horrified at what he could have been.

Edited by Steel Accord

AU Selves? Huh...Ehh....I never really thought about it to be honest. Till right now. Naru is middle Aged. So he might not have even been Born on Dreanor. Or was Very young at the time. 

Galadora is probably still a Vindicator Like I said haven't thought about it much. 

• Brohoof 1

@@Steel Accord,

I sure do hope so!

But to answer my own question:

Minalin was born shortly after the draenei arrived at Draenor.  The safe walls of the Temple of Karabor and Embaari were all she knew, but she knew from the elders' stories that there was so much beyond their homeland, so much danger, but so much that could be learned.  So eager to get out there and see the world she was, that she jumped at the first chance to become a Rangari.  Being a quick learner, she did well during training and raised and trained her wolf partner, Shadow.  But then, she would realize that ideals and training don't fully prepare you for reality.

Main timeline Minalin and Shadow were far away from society by the time the orcs began their rampage across Draenor.  Due to factors in her disappearance that made her chance of survival low, she was presumed dead by almost everyone.  She and her partner tried to find their way home, but due to spending more time evading or fighting off enemies, they never made it onto the Exodor.  It would be a terribly long time before they reconnected with the draenei who had managed to flee Draenor.  If anyone knew her before she went missing, they wouldn't recognize her until she convinced them.

In the alternate timeline, Minalin and Shadow once again went missing, but they weren't so lucky this time.  She found herself in the Crimson Fen and she fell under the influence of the spores there, just like other draenei and orcs who had the misfortune of coming across that area.  An Alliance adventurer had put an end to her, but her spirit lingered.  Having her ideals broken and left to scatter instead of being reforged, she refused to move on, thinking that she could've been saved without being killed.

@@Notachangeling,

I really wonder if there's a character who's alternate Draenor self didn't run into as much tragedy as our's did.  Hey, Not, maybe your characters could break this trend. XD

Edited by Akari of Duskshire
  • Brohoof 1

So this dropped for me the other day. Jumped on the game for the first time in awhile and randomly ran ICC.

eSkCZ6G.jpg

Edited by Rivendare
  • Brohoof 2

@@Steel Accord,

I sure do hope so!

But to answer my own question:

Minalin was born shortly after the draenei arrived at Draenor. The safe walls of the Temple of Karabor and Embaari were all she knew, but she knew from the elders' stories that there was so much beyond their homeland, so much danger, but so much that could be learned. So eager to get out there and see the world she was, that she jumped at the first chance to become a Rangari. Being a quick learner, she did well during training and raised and trained her wolf partner, Shadow. But then, she would realize that ideals and training don't fully prepare you for reality.

Main timeline Minalin and Shadow were far away from society by the time the orcs began their rampage across Draenor. Due to factors in her disappearance that made her chance of survival low, she was presumed dead by almost everyone. She and her partner tried to find their way home, but due to spending more time evading or fighting off enemies, they never made it onto the Exodor. It would be a terribly long time before they reconnected with the draenei who had managed to flee Draenor. If anyone knew her before she went missing, they wouldn't recognize her until she convinced them.

In the alternate timeline, Minalin and Shadow once again went missing, but they weren't so lucky this time. She found herself in the Crimson Fen and she fell under the influence of the spores there, just like other draenei and orcs who had the misfortune of coming across that area. An Alliance adventurer had put an end to her, but her spirit lingered. Having her ideals broken and left to scatter instead of being reforged, she refused to move on, thinking that she could've been saved without being killed.

@@Notachangeling,

I really wonder if there's a character who's alternate Draenor self didn't run into as much tragedy as our's did. Hey, Not, maybe your characters could break this trend. XD

Well, in our defense we are more prone to seeing the ones we play as as the "real ones." That the prime timeline is the true one where our story worked out and that Garrosh's interference made a possible outcome that would be worse.

Do we really want to see a "it's a Wnderful Life" scenario where the ripple effect has resulted in a BETTER outcome than what we are living?!

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 1

But anyways, wonderful story as always!  Wonder how our draenei characters would get along?

Still glad that you just enjoy them. Probably fairly well. She's a hunter and kind of a drifter from what you tell me. Chulorn would easily identify.

• Brohoof 1

So this dropped for me the other day. Jumped on the game for the first time in awhile and randomly ran ICC.

sig-4036570.eSkCZ6G.jpg

Jelly.

I'm a Lore Freak/Collector.

I'm not huge into 6.2 content. The Tannan jungle doesn't really pull me in, especially because I'd outleveled the place before it was released (like half of the WoW playerbase).

Currently leveling some alts, farming mounts, and working towards Dragonwrath and Fangs of the Father.

• Brohoof 3

So I figure, because why not, I finish the legendary ring quest before my sub ends. And I'll keep my ring as a sort of trophy after I get greens in Broken Isles that make it obsolete.

Has anyone gotten their legendary ring yet?

@@Celli,

Not yet.  I'm the furthest along the quest line on my blood elf hunter, but I stopped caring about getting the ring a long while before I let my game time run out. 

I never had too much of a desire to get legendaries.  I don't particularly care about stats and you can't use legendaries for transmog.

Edited by Akari of Duskshire

So I figure, because why not, I finish the legendary ring quest before my sub ends. And I'll keep my ring as a sort of trophy after I get greens in Broken Isles that make it obsolete.

Has anyone gotten their legendary ring yet?

Missing one week of game time to finish it. :/

So I've just joined a serious RP guild, it was amazing! I was sworn in like a knighting ceremony!

I've always wanted to do a tabletop RPG game (especially after watching The Gamers: Dorkness Rising), but I've never had the time/schedule to uphold the sessions for one, even online. They sound fantastic(ly insane).

Serious RP in video games isn't something I've ever really embraced, mainly just because it seems like it would be a bit too inflexible at times. Let us know how it goes for you Steel. :)

Edited by Lagrangian