gaming World of Warcraft

Street Comedy

Could you explain those to me?  They were just showing up by the time I stopped playing, so I don't know much about them. 

Every now and then, Timewalking dungeons open up for a week. Last week it featured Lich King dungeons (not all, unfortunately. Just certain dungeons. I wish they'd add all of them), on September 30th, Burning Crusade dungeons will be open.

Basically, anyone from level 80 (70 in the case of BC dungeons) to 100 can run these dungeons through the group finder. It will scale down your gear, and also award you gear, based off your level. So your level 100 axe will deal damage equivalent to a level 80 weapon, and so on. But the thing is, legendary and top tear items aren't scaled properly. Shadowmourne and the Legendary Cloak for example completely wreck faces in timewalking dungeons, allowing you to complete dungeons quickly. It's fun to make use out of old items again.

• Brohoof 2

Also this took some time to find but. 

Wow that was beautiful and poignant. As an RPer, I regularly just take a moment to appreciate the landscape of where I am. When I first went into Zangarmarsh, Terrokar, and Nagrand, I was blown away by the natural beauty of these places and the time it must have took to create them. Makes adventuring through them all the better because I actually appreciate who would live here, and who would want to destroy it.

I was able to go to 591 Item level to 640 thanks to Timewalking. Just hit 100 too so yeah I was enjoying them. Also this took some time to find but. 

I have no idea what I just watched, but it was amazing.....

Timewalking is pretty cool though. The ilevel and mount rewards makes it all worth it.

So if any of you have active accounts on the WoW website and forums, I have a thread I created that maybe you would be interested in commenting on? No pressure or anything and this is more for those I have regular discussion with than just anypony happening upon this post. If you don't fall into that category, no need to even click. If you do fall into that category, I only ask you give it a brief once over and decide for yourself whether you would like to contribute or not.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/18705076703?page=1

So if any of you have active accounts on the WoW website and forums, I have a thread I created that maybe you would be interested in commenting on? No pressure or anything and this is more for those I have regular discussion with than just anypony happening upon this post. If you don't fall into that category, no need to even click. If you do fall into that category, I only ask you give it a brief once over and decide for yourself whether you would like to contribute or not.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/18705076703?page=1

I cannot comment, well because... US. The pandaren are kind of new lore wise, so I see that they may be hard to fit in lore wise. They had some trade with the night elves, but that turned hostile and ever since the pandaren have exiled themselves to pandaria. Soo rp's that take place before the events of mop would not really work.

Outside of rp I see no reason to dislike them. They make cool shamans and monks... panda warriors... *shivers*

But ya they are cool. Nice racial spell for pvp, the female models reminds me of my mom. XD

Not much to dislike about them other than the fact that they are kinda new. (They are soo cute and fluffy!)

Edited by A Cat
  • Brohoof 1

But ya they are cool. Nice racial spell for pvp, the female models reminds me of my mom. XD

Not much to dislike about them other than the fact that they are kinda new. (They are soo cute and fluffy!)

Yeah it's come to my attention that such negative attitude is almost exclusive to the forums themselves. In my actual in-game experience, I've never been accosted, which is why it surprised me to see such on the forums.

They had some trade with the night elves, but that turned hostile and ever since the pandaren have exiled themselves to pandaria.

Well that was because of the Sundering. It wasn't really hostile so much as "cut off completely." But can you blame them and Shaohao in particular? It was the end of the known world, I think it's more than a little sensible to want to shield themselves over trading goods. 

Soo rp's that take place before the events of mop would not really work. Outside of rp I see no reason to dislike them.

I've never even thought of RP's before Mists.

They make cool shamans and monks... panda warriors... *shivers*

What's wrong with warriors? I like their weapon animations, very Kung Fu-esque. Wish I could use them with my monk. 

What's wrong with warriors? I like their weapon animations, very Kung Fu-esque. Wish I could use them with my monk. 

The pandas are kinda obese... and weak looking. This works ok for monks and shamans as they don't depend on physical power too much. But they look too out of shape to be warriors or rogues. Plus most rogue and warrior sets look pretty bad on pandas. (with a few exceptions)

The pandas are kinda obese... and weak looking. This works ok for monks and shamans as they don't depend on physical power too much. But they look too out of shape to be warriors or rogues.

20140729080337_1MG_4006.JPG

eric-butterbean-esch-09.jpg

Fat is just something over their muscles and fur. And there is a difference between obese and "heavy."

Edited by Steel Accord

20140729080337_1MG_4006.JPG

eric-butterbean-esch-09.jpg

Fat is just something over their muscles and fur. And there is a difference between obese and "heavy."

Those guys more resemble orcs. Pandas are obese, look at the panda bellys man! Those two guys are just a bit on the big side.

I mean, protection warriors are fine, but I kinda throw up a bit when I see a fury warrior panda. Its just... too much and does not work with the race or even their values for that matter. Same problem occurs with the gnomes.

Those guys more resemble orcs. Pandas are obese, look at the panda bellys man! Those two guys are just a bit on the big side.

I mean, protection warriors are fine, but I kinda throw up a bit when I see a fury warrior panda.

Yeah, I have looked at their bellies, Roy Nelson up there used to have an even bigger one. He was still a knockout fighter. And Pandaren clearly aren't obese despite their size. If they were, they would simply not be the capable fighters that they are, monk, warrior or otherwise. Obesity is a state of unhealthiness, the Pandaren clearly don't have an unhealthy lifestyle, otherwise that warrior couldn't use the charge attack without getting out of breath.

I kinda throw up a bit when I see a fury warrior panda.

You don't think that's a little extreme, in the least? 

Its just... too much and does not work with the race or even their values for that matter. Same problem occurs with the gnomes.

That race is filled with individuals and remember the class you choose is not necessarily the one that character has been all their life. Some pandaren that left the Wandering Isle to help the Alliance and Horde may well have been effectively "classless" but when exposed to the more militaristic side of their chosen faction, may have decided to enlist. (Either after long contemplation or on a whim depending if they follow the Tushui or Huojin.)

What's wrong with Gnome warriors as well? Sure they are small but you know who are also small ass kickers? David, Yoda, Reepicheep, and Bruce Lee. In-universe they likely compensate for their lack of reach and strength by tactical insight, and thinking three moves ahead of their foe. Just because you are the biggest and strongest, doesn't mean victory is guaranteed.

Those guys .

I personally think a pandaren fury warrior would make some sense. It could fit a pandaren who follows the more action-oriented Huojin philosophy. Heck, it could even be the spec of a calm, wise master who simply specializes in dual wielding.

As for gnome warriors, come on, this is a world were the same guys can easily take down a fully-armored male tauren in single combat. I think gnome warriors would make a ton of sense.

Ah, also, does anyone remember the Stormrage novel were everyone was getting trapped in a nightmare? What was your character doing during this time? Were they victims as well?

What's wrong with Gnome warriors as well? Sure they are small but you know who are also small ass kickers? David, Yoda, Reepicheep, and Bruce Lee. In-universe they likely compensate for their lack of reach and strength by tactical insight, and thinking three moves ahead of their foe. Just because you are the biggest and strongest, doesn't mean victory is guaranteed.

I ment fury warriors. Gnomes are simply too small to carry two-handed weapons. Its basically the same reason they cannot be hunters. They are simply uncapable of taming an animal because of their size. They are also too small to carry two gorehowls for example.

You don't think that's a little extreme, in the least?
  No, pandas value peace and controll. Such values don't really dissapear from an individual entirely, if at all. Fury warriors are just too "wild" of a role for them to have. Fury warrior = Berserk warrior. Arms kinda works, but not very often.

Obesity is a state of unhealthiness, the Pandaren clearly don't have an unhealthy lifestyle, otherwise that warrior couldn't use the charge attack without getting out of breath.
Muscle makes up for fat, but the pandaren are not even close to strong, probably as strong as the humans. Berserkers depend on strength, rage and pain immunity. Pandas only have the last one. Humans are as strong but not fat, so it makes sence for them to be better warriors. Oh and not to mention the strain on their knees by carrying both plate armour and their own fat. Their warriors would have to be about 18-25 years for them to still be able to charge forward, without collapsing.

I personally think a pandaren fury warrior would make some sense. It could fit a pandaren who follows the more action-oriented Huojin philosophy. Heck, it could even be the spec of a calm, wise master who simply specializes in dual wielding.

Fury warrior is the berserk class, its in the description even. I mean, imagine a panda carrying two surfuras and massacreing hunters in the most brutal matter. Can you imagine it? Me neither!

As for gnome warriors, come on, this is a world were the same guys can easily take down a fully-armored male tauren in single combat. I think gnome warriors would make a ton of sense.

This would make sence, but only if their weapons were mechanical. There is just not enough muscle in a gnome to penetrate an armoured tauren. This is like a mouse chasing a t-rex.

You're talking about a game with more confusing story elements than The Room.

I think whether or not a certain race fits a specific class is the least strange thing.

• Brohoof 3

No, pandas value peace and controll. Such values don't really dissapear from an individual entirely, if at all. Fury warriors are just too "wild" of a role for them to have. Fury warrior = Berserk warrior. Arms kinda works, but not very often.

Who says that isn't exactly what happens? Who's to say pandaren warriors don't follow the martial philosophy aspects of the Tushui or Huojin way of life? You can't restrict class specialization either way. Besides, every person is an individual. Some aspects may never leave us but the worldview we are raised with can change when exposed to new ways of thinking, for good or ill.

Muscle makes up for fat, but the pandaren are not even close to strong, probably as strong as the humans. Berserkers depend on strength, rage and pain immunity. Pandas only have the last one. Humans are as strong but not fat, so it makes sence for them to be better warriors.

I'm sorry do you have a quantified statistic that says the pandaren are on average weaker than humans? If you want to get technical, their base strength stat is both 23, so even at the most pessimistic estimate, the pandaren are actually on par with humanity. Second of all, dwarves are shorter than both races yet usually portrayed as very strong. While in the real world, great apes like orangutans and gorillas are shorter than the average human even standing upright, and many have noticeable pot bellies but of course both are much stronger than humans.

Not that pandaren are, I just think that you may be seriously underestimating them just because of an in-game model. (And maybe large people in real life but I make no assumptions.)

Oh and not to mention the strain on their knees by carrying both plate armour and their own fat. Their warriors would have to be about 18-25 years for them to still be able to charge forward, without collapsing.

Who's to say they all are overweight?

sig-4079339.pandaren_by_plainandplain-d6

Even the Emperor doesn't look particularly big around the waist at least not disproportionate to the rest of him.

sig-4079339.the-burdens-of-shaohao-short

But you can't change the in-game model base on class unless you are a Druid or something. You think every single individual human in Azeroth turns into Atlas cover model when they hit puberty?

I think whether or not a certain race fits a specific class is the least strange thing.

Oh I know, but this stuff fascinates me, so I love discussing it.

Fury warrior is the berserk class, its in the description even. I mean, imagine a panda carrying two surfuras and massacreing hunters in the most brutal matter. Can you imagine it? Me neither!

I can imagine quite a bit. (Writer.) A panda viciously killing in combat though? No. A pandaren though? . . .

sig-4079339.88f127045a87f486d5c0f206bae6

sig-4079339.horde-panda.jpg

sig-4079339.pandaren_shadow_priest_by_de

. . . . It's a stretch but I could buy it. (Albeit that last one isn't a warrior.) Of course there is a difference between could and would, and a big difference between a Genghis Khan wannabe and Chen Stormstout. Just as there is a difference between your upstart farm boy from Westfall and Anduin Lothar or your average grunt from Durotar and Grom Hellscream.

You see my point though? I respectfully submit that you may be missing the forest for the trees. Seeing the pandaren solely defined, at least physically, by their in-game model and perhaps those that play them in PvP, rather than the nuance of circumstance that must be compromised within the context of the game.

Edited by Steel Accord

The million dollar ansver is here. XD

Second of all, dwarves are shorter than both races yet usually portrayed as very strong. While in the real world, great apes like orangutans and gorillas are shorter than the average human even standing upright, and many have noticeable pot bellies but of course both are much stronger than humans.
Again, a gorillas fat is mostly natural, and they have A LOT more muscle mass. Dwarves are born of steel and stone, ofc they are waaay stronger than both humans and pandas. Also, their models have quite visible upper body strength, so FURY WARRORS WOULD WORK.

Again all the pictures, were of protection and arms warriors. I was speaking about FURY. Pandaren berserkers is not exactly compatible with them or their culture. Its all about rage, they don't appreciate it the way a fury warrior would.

But you can't change the in-game model base on class unless you are a Druid or something. You think every single individual human in Azeroth turns into Atlas cover model when they hit puberty?
  Yes? Is'nt that kinda what they do? THEY ARE DECENDANTS AFTER  THE VRYKUL, OFC THEY TURN INTO RAMBO WHEN THEY GROW UP!

The million dollar P!

Well, it's just as possible to have a raging Arms warrior as it is to have a Beserker warrior who's more of the Tranquil Fury kind. Y'know, the kind who can quietly cut their way through entire armies with a stoic expression like they're just carving a cake? I think a pandaren Fury warrior would be that as opposed to, say, your typical troll Beserker or the paladin who runs in screaming his name for all to hear.

• Brohoof 1

@@Steel Accord,

Well, I think you'll love these.

This one especially.  I know how much you love your lore.

Wow.  :( It wasn't that long ago that I was actually doing that quest chain. Plucks the heartstrings as much as a guitar. It really puts things into perspective, how even with all of the big threats being fought there are a thousand smaller adventures that can leave such a lasting impact on people more than the apocalyptic events. (Or that they put those events into a greater context.)

Well here's one video that is a marvel of editing:

Wow.  :( It wasn't that long ago that I was actually doing that quest chain. Plucks the heartstrings as much as a guitar. It really puts things into perspective, how even with all of the big threats being fought there are a thousand smaller adventures that can leave such a lasting impact on people more than the apocalyptic events. (Or that they put those events into a greater context.)

Well here's one video that is a marvel of editing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYABYMIAKVI

Yes, I tend to find stopping the latest apocalypse preferable to dealing with tragedy so close to home and matters of the heart.

But... What did I just watch?

• Brohoof 1

Yes, I tend to find stopping the latest apocalypse preferable to dealing with tragedy so close to home and matters of the heart.

Yeah. I love fighting the demons and other world destroying threats, but the reason I like doing that is because those smaller quests make Azeroth seem like a world that's worth saving.

But... What did I just watch?

The fan community of WoW is one of the few comparable to the Brony community in terms of artistic talent, at least in my experience. (Obviously with a good deal of overlap between them.)

Edited by Steel Accord