Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread MLP:FiM Gameloft App, Friends, and Info

Lost Profile

Are you positive that my save data is saved and that it won't erase anything when I uninstall and reinstall it? Because I don't want to risk losing my whole game data and start all over again !

Yes, I am indeed. However, on the odd chance that this is not the case,

Please don't get mad at me :(

You could try installing the game on somepony else's mobile device, if you know anypony that has the same device as you, and log in, and see if it auto-loads the correct save data from the cloud.

Your results might also answer the question of whether or not Cloud Game Saves are also Device-Bound...

Edited by Onion Sing

Yes, I am indeed. However, on the odd chance that this is not the case,

Please don't get mad at me :(

Well unless something has changed recently (it might have) I certainly have never heard of this game backing up its save.

There are plenty of people who have uninstalled/reinstalled and had to start from scratch, especially on Android.  I wouldn't risk uninstalling my game without knowing I backed it up myself first.

Edited by Alexander Atkin

Whelp, its gone.

My new iPad Air 2 got home, did all the setup process, tried out the game... Crashes.

Retried... Crashed again.

Back to the beginning. Does anyone know how to restore the game using the cloud backup? Do I have to get in contact with Gameloft support?

Well unless something has changed recently (it might have) I certainly have never heard of this game backing up its save.   There are plenty of people who have uninstalled/reinstalled and had to start from scratch, especially on Android.  I wouldn't risk uninstalling my game without knowing I backed it up myself first.

Cloud backup was added in the latest update.

Please look at the update info for confirmation. 

Cloud backup was added in the latest update.

Please look at the update info for confirmation.

Ah, presumably why they added Google Play Games?  But knowing how buggy this game is I STILL wouldn't trust it to work properly.

I wonder how that works if you have multiple devices?

At this point, unless I can get my characters back and all that progress that i brought that's already gone by now, I'm DONE with this game. I'm not kidding. I'm really pissed off about this. I don't know why it happened but I'm going to stop playing until I can get some answers from the Customer Service.

So, I was wondering, do you think we can finish all shards in time? It will be finished in 15 days and Laughter Shard is almost finished.

I am not contributing because I know it would not make much of a difference, but looking at the current rate. No, we will not be able to finish all shards on time. 

I feel kinda down about this all. I mean, I'm reading these comments so I can stay updated on what's happening with the game since I can't open or play my game...

(ever since the update, my game won't open. And somebody told me it happened to them once and they had to wait until the next update to be able to open it and play it again)

and the majority of the comments are about how your games are acting up and resetting themselves and how you guys are losing progress and ponies. And I'm just sitting over here like "that's cool, I still haven't gotten King Sombra nor have I even gotten the chance to see what this 'Everfree Forest Update' looks like. Heck, I can't even get into my game :'( "

Lol but seriously, I'm not complaining, I'm just trying to make a point. I mean, a lot of us are experiencing problems with the app, and I wonder if it has something to do with the update, maybe?? Even though some of us were experiencing some technical difficulties before the update, there's been more problems right after the update.

I don't know ...maybe it's just me. But that's not the only thing I'm here to talk about.

As you all know, I cannot get into my game (if you didn't know this, then please reread the first two paragraphs) ...as much as I want to get back to playing the game, I'm not going to risk uninstalling and reinstalling it and losing my progress. And I have 5 reasons why;

1. I had already lost my progress/whole game data once and had to start all over again. (And there's NO WAY I'm gonna do that again)

2. I have a lot of gems & bits.

3. I am farther than I was before my game crashed thanks to Daily Bonus Glitch to Daylight Savings Time (I believe it was the daylight savings time change)

4. I spent money on this game for extra gems when I had to start all over after losing my progress (and that was before the glitch)

5. I have patience and I can wait for the next update (but hopefully I won't have to wait that long with all the problems that's been going on)

But anyways, since I won't be able to play the game for awhile, I ask you all for a favor. Could you possibly make an extra stop by my town to not only check up on it, but also send me some chests/hearts. It will help me catch up for the time that I've lost due to the new update. It would be very much appreciated and I promise when I can get back to my game I will be sending everyone hearts and chests! :*

Also, a note to those people who are new to this app and got an account:

I wish I could add you, but I cannot because even on gameloft.com on my phone, I cannot seem to find the "add friend/search for people or friends" button. But I can accept friend requests, however! So if you could please add me so I can accept your friend request, that'd be (as Rainbow Dash would say..) TOTALLY AWESOME! My Gameloft ID is: @SongwriterNamedMe .....also if you would like, you can add my second account @KimberlyFaith

I don't use my second account as often as I use (or used) my first one because my second account is on my phone and I have to frequently uninstall it because I have insufficient storage for the update. Then later when I have enough storage I reinstall it and start all over until the next update. It sounds complicated, but its really not.

I care more about my first account because I have more progress and game data on there then the one on my phone since I always have to restart. The second account is more of a "here's some extra chests for my friends. Thanks for the chests and for being my friend" and also a "more hearts for my first account" account.

Well anyways, that was a lot to type. Sorry for the long message, hopefully you're still alive. If you read this whole thing, then you're the true MVP (and a true bring/pegasister friend) :)

Edited by SongwriterNamedMe
  • Brohoof 1

I feel kinda down about this all. I mean, I'm reading these comments so I can stay updated on what's happening with the game since I can't open or play my game...

(ever since the update, my game won't open. And somebody told me it happened to them once and they had to wait until the next update to be able to open it and play it again)

and the majority of the comments are about how your games are acting up and resetting themselves and how you guys are losing progress and ponies. And I'm just sitting over here like "that's cool, I still haven't gotten King Sombra nor have I even gotten the chance to see what this 'Everfree Forest Update' looks like. Heck, I can't even get into my game :'( "

Lol but seriously, I'm not complaining, I'm just trying to make a point. I mean, a lot of us are experiencing problems with the app, and I wonder if it has something to do with the update, maybe?? Even though some of us were experiencing some technical difficulties before the update, there's been more problems right after the update.

I don't know ...maybe it's just me. But that's not the only thing I'm here to talk about.

As you all know, I cannot get into my game (if you didn't know this, then please reread the first two paragraphs) ...as much as I want to get back to playing the game, I'm not going to risk uninstalling and reinstalling it and losing my progress. And I have 5 reasons why;

1. I had already lost my progress/whole game data once and had to start all over again. (And there's NO WAY I'm gonna do that again)

2. I have a lot of gems & bits.

3. I am farther than I was before my game crashed thanks to Daily Bonus Glitch to Daylight Savings Time (I believe it was the daylight savings time change)

4. I spent money on this game for extra gems when I had to start all over after losing my progress (and that was before the glitch)

5. I have patience and I can wait for the next update (but hopefully I won't have to wait that long with all the problems that's been going on)

But anyways, since I won't be able to play the game for awhile, I ask you all for a favor. Could you possibly make an extra stop by my town to not only check up on it, but also send me some chests/hearts. It will help me catch up for the time that I've lost due to the new update. It would be very much appreciated and I promise when I can get back to my game I will be sending everyone hearts and chests! :*

Also, a note to those people who are new to this app and got an account:

I wish I could add you, but I cannot because even on gameloft.com on my phone, I cannot seem to find the "add friend/search for people or friends" button. But I can accept friend requests, however! So if you could please add me so I can accept your friend request, that'd be (as Rainbow Dash would say..) TOTALLY AWESOME! My Gameloft ID is: @SongwriterNamedMe .....also if you would like, you can add my second account @KimberlyFaith

I don't use my second account as often as I use (or used) my first one because my second account is on my phone and I have to frequently uninstall it because I have insufficient storage for the update. Then later when I have enough storage I reinstall it and start all over until the next update. It sounds complicated, but its really not.

I care more about my first account because I have more progress and game data on there then the one on my phone since I always have to restart. The second account is more of a "here's some extra chests for my friends. Thanks for the chests and for being my friend" and also a "more hearts for my first account" account.

Well anyways, that was a lot to type. Sorry for the long message, hopefully you're still alive. If you read this whole thing, then you're the true MVP (and a true bring/pegasister friend) :)

I read it all :3

I'm sorry to hear you can't get into your game.I hope they'll fix it so you can play again. I sent both your accounts requests. I didn't mean to complain so much about mine,I'm just annoyed with it.

Previously i mention about my game progress lost and seeking advice and help which only one person care but then no more message :/

Anyhow i manage restore my game progress back to its former glory through the Cloud backup from Gameloft Customer Care... Manage to obtain back my King Sombra... Yay~ 

Since then i keep making backup on 2 separate computer through Itunes as well as Itools just in case.... and it really happen again my game progress been reset but... i restore through itunes and all my game progress is back again xD

However the only bad thing about this is the timer progress such as the Totem Creation or Pony Building construction will be restart all over... but still worthy than getting our resources and ponies missing from our game right? :P

Anyhow i wish every pony that experience the game progression losses be patient and eventually it will be solved just like mine... I was frustrated about the game progression loss when i experience the first time and plan to delete it but i in love with MLP that i don't have the urge to do so... Thanks for reading it and Merry Christmas :D

At this rate I can't see the quest being completed. 12 more days to go and we've still only got one completed. It's a difficult enough quest as it is without all the bugs and glitches. 

My game has been shutting itself down every few minutes, it almost puts me off playing.