Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Founding of Equestria (RP thread)

Cherry Blossom

He dropped his salute and opened the map. Fortunately, it was marked with the prisoner's location. Stormcloud sighed with relief, "Right this way ma'am." He felt a tad uncomfortable around her now; he still respected her, but he was also beginning to fear her.

(Two pages back, bottom of the page. You brohoof'd but forgot to respond)

All of time seemed to have stopped for Flame Runner as he curled up in that corner of his jail cell. For pegasi, they really did know how to torture a pony, without even torturing them. His eyes began adjusting to the low-leveled light, but even so, he could only make out shadows, maybe a detail or two if he looked close enough.

Letting out a groan of anger, he walked up to the cave wall and slammed his head against it in frustration. He was taken to Pegaopolis in the morning, and jailed here. It's been at least 24 hours, he figured. His extended stay at Pegaopolis was also taking a surprisingly different toll on his body. The higher altitude made the air quite chilly, and the lower levels of oxygen was forcing Runner to take large, hoarse breaths.

Pegaopolis was slowly killing Runner from the inside out. He needed to finish his job, and get out as soon as possible. Pulling out the knife concealed within his sleeve, he began to think, formulating an escape plan if the Commander doesn't allow him access to leave.

Greylight followed, lighting the torch by spinning it a bit and scrapping it against a wall.

"Have we found any information about him yet? If so, I need it for the questioning I am about to do."

He closed his eyes and smiled. Friendship was to good to him; maybe if he'd had it, he wouldn't have gotten into torture in the first place. Ther was a small voice in the back of his head, What if this is something more than friendship? You've only known her a day, and she knows the worst thing about you. No, I can't think about this; it's not fair to her.

She broke from him.

"I-I'm sorry. I'm keeping you from unpacking. I'll... I'll just, um..."

She slowly started backing to the door in a shy manner.

Flame looked at Cumulus. I do not Drool...... I look with much delight.

Now we need to find Greylight, She's probably at the prison questioning Flame Runner. He said flying towards the prison. Was I that noticeable ? Oh dear... I totally was. He thought, as a worried expression came over his face.

Cumulus smiled and followed. Noticing things like that was one of the things he was best at. This was just like how quickly he had noticed Greylight's romance with the earth pony ambassador. "There's a knife missing from Runners saddlebag." He finally mentioned. "I only found a bow and one knife. I believe he had two."
  • Brohoof 1

Velnir blushed, "No! I mean, uh, no... It's fine," he flushed darker, "You can, um, help me. I keep all of the non-poisonous stuff in that bag; they can go on that desk, if you, you know, you want to." He turned to the poisons and begon organizing them in the closet.

Stormcloud shook his head, "No ma'am, as far as I know, he was just an Earth Pony in the wrong place at the wrong time." He turned down a cave and pounded on the steel bars, "What are you doing in there. Present yourself!"

• Brohoof 1

Velnir blushed, "No! I mean, uh, no... It's fine," he flushed darker, "You can, um, help me. I keep all of the non-poisonous stuff in that bag; they can go on that desk, if you, you know, you want to." He turned to the poisons and begon organizing them in the closet.

Stormcloud shook his head, "No ma'am, as far as I know, he was just an Earth Pony in the wrong place at the wrong time." He turned down a cave and pounded on the steel bars, "What are you doing in there. Present yourself!"

Shelby stopped backing up. In fact, she walked over and started unpacking the bag and putting things in the desk, trying to classify them as well as she could.

"I'm sorry if I mess up your classifying system..."

Greylight rolled her eyes.

"Stormcloud, how long have you been working here..?"

She unlocked and walked into the cell.

Flame stopped in his tracks, His eyes widened. "What ?" He asked, Not looking at Cumulus. "Commander Hurricane is there Right now, Questioning Flame Runner who has a knife... and you tell me this Now ?" Flame said.

Then, Wasting to no time he flew as fast as he could towards the prison.

Edited by Flame Dancer
  • Brohoof 1

Echos. Up the cave. Flame Runner stood up, pulling himself out of the small ball in the corner of the cell. He looked toward the entrance of the cave, but the cave tunnel had a bend in it, so he couldn't see what was happening until they were right up in his face. Quickly, he searched for a place to conceal his knife, afraid that they might discover his only means of escaping.

He eventually settled on a small breach in the cave wall, near the floor. The small hole was barely enough to slip the knife in, and concealing it with a small clutter of dirt and rocks obscured it from view unless the investigator peered real close at the location.

He then walked up to the jail cell door, awaiting for his guest's arrival.

(Dang it! Pretend that was before you arrived. -.-)

When the pegsi finally arrived, he had barely enough time to calm himself. He tried to smile, but the light from their torch was incredibly bright, his time spent in the darkness taking a toll on him.

"Ow! Can you get that torch out of my face please?" He squinted at the figures in front of him, then continued. "I'm Flame Runner, ambassador of the Earth Kingdom. Who am I speaking to?"

The pegasus rudely make her way into his cell, the Earth Pony backing up to make room.

Edited by Toothless the Night Fury
  • Brohoof 1

Echos. Up the cave. Flame Runner stood up, pulling himself out of the small ball in the corner of the cell. He looked toward the entrance of the cave, but the cave tunnel had a bend in it, so he couldn't see what was happening until they were right up in his face. Quickly, he searched for a place to conceal his knife, afraid that they might discover his only means of escaping.

He eventually settled on a small breach in the cave wall, near the floor. The small hole was barely enough to slip the knife in, and concealing it with a small clutter of dirt and rocks obscured it from view unless the investigator peered real close at the location.

He then walked up to the jail cell door, awaiting for his guest's arrival.

(Dang it! Pretend that was before you arrived. -.-)

((Will do. ;))

"Come on, Earth Pony. I need a name, and then you will answer questions. I don't like torturing initially, but I will do what I must in order to get my answers, and I'm pretty sure you don't want to get hurt. Besides, there could be some terms we can agree with in exchange for answers..."

Cloudstorm sighed, "Since you assigned me here earlier ma'am. Which is to say, not all that long." He followed her, and appeared at her side,"What were you doing back there, ambassador?"

Velnir shrugged, "Impossible; I'm not organized." He'd fix it later if she did something crucially wrong.

Edited by Dawnpath
  • Brohoof 1

Runner squinted again, the flame from the torch extremely bright in his face. He was losing night vision quickly, he realized. If he could knock out the torch and rearm himself, he could make a last second escape, the pegasi open for attack blind, and able to run out of the cave safely.

How he was going to get out of Pegaopolis, he had no clue, but it was a start.

"What names? I don't understand..."

So many questions so quickly, Runner turned to the other pony, responding, "I was making a peaceful journey to Pegaopolis, in the name of the Earth Kingdom. Did no pony receive the message?"

He scowled, realizing why the pegasi could have mistaken him for an intruder. He needed to check with Sarge, but he wasn't here. Just him, two pegsi, and a knife...

• Brohoof 1

Flame flew down towards the mountain. Almost there. He thought, Landing at the entrance of the cave. GREYLIGHT. He yelled, grabbing a torch and galloping deeper into the cave. HE HAS A KNIFE. He yelled again, as the light from their torch slowly came into sight.

• Brohoof 1

Runner squinted again, the flame from the torch extremely bright in his face. He was losing night vision quickly, he realized. If he could knock out the torch and rearm himself, he could make a last second escape, the pegasi open for attack blind, and able to run out of the cave safely.

How he was going to get out of Pegaopolis, he had no clue, but it was a start.

"What names? I don't understand..."

Cloudstorm sighed, "Since you assigned me here earlier ma'am. Which is to say, not all that long." He followed her, and appeared at her side,"What were you doing back there, ambassador?"

Velnir shrugged, "Impossible; I'm not organized." He'd fix it later if she did something crucially wrong.

"Well, your name, to begin with. Then questions, and then potentially... something else. Maybe like I gave Martin a bit of freedom. I might do the same to you, if and only if you cooperate. And Stormcloud, silence."

She fixed her eyes on the prisoner, cold but with a kind wall in front of it.

"Oh... Ok, then..."

Shelby finished quickly.

"Done, Velnir..."

((Going to bed.))

Aw buck me... Flame Runner thought as he heard the incoming cries from the entrance of the cave. It was now or never... Eliminate a key official of the Pegasus army, and start a war, or stay and be jailed, pausing the possibility of war another day...

Sighing, he stayed his ground, allowing Flame Dancer to catch up to the Commander, his hooves planted firmly on the ground.

"I told ya." Flame Runner chuckled, the pegasus not listening to an Earth Pony, of course. "I'm Flame Runner."

• Brohoof 1

Velnir smiled, "Thank you, Shelby. That should be it. Now, shall we go finish up that water now? Or should we just... Stick around here."

Stormcloud drew his own knife and stepped infront of Commander Hurricane, "Present your weapon, slowly, or die, Earth Pony."

• Brohoof 1

"I'd listen to him." Cumulus said as he leaned on the wall of the cave's mouth. He had his own sword in addition to the crossbow and knife he had taken from Flame Runner's saddlebag. "You dig a deeper grave for yourself; and trust me, such a grave already exists."

• Brohoof 1

He already missed his chance of opportunity, his eyes now fully adjusted to the torch, and with the General behind backing them up. Trotting over to the corner of the cell, he moved away the rocks from the small hole, and pulled it out, revealing the blade to the group at the front of the jail cell.

Flipping the knife in the air and catching it by the blade, he handed it to Stormcloud handle first, a small smile on his face. "Don't break it. I'm looking forward to getting it back when I return to the Earth Kingdom."

• Brohoof 1

"If you try another stunt like that you may not be going back to the earth kingdom." Flame said, Leaning against the bars of the cell. "Oh and Commaner Hurricane, Cherry Blossom is back from the mission you sent her on, I dont know where the rest of the troops are but later today you may want to talk to her... I know where her house is... so I can take you there... later... today." He blushed slightly.
  • Brohoof 1

He took the knife, handing it to the other pegasus, "That's IF we give it back to you, and IF you go back to the Earth Kingdom. You'll have to do much more than smooth talk. Answer our questions, and you might just get your next meal. You say your an ambassador. Why are you here?"

• Brohoof 1

"Isn't it obvious?" Said Cumulus. "They want to negotiate to have Martin returned. I'd say they're out of luck, seeing as how he and Commander Hurricane have been getting very familiar as of late. Very familiar." He glanced at Greylight, then turned back to Stormcloud. "I doubt he wants to leave, now."

• Brohoof 1

The ambassador sighed, and read his purpose, as if off a script in his hoof.

"I'm here to make peace with the Pegasi. The food shortage was simply a misunderstanding." Flame Runner started, a slight boredom in his eyes. "The food shipment was raided by a group of barbarians on the way to Pegaopolis. We didn't receive word that the shipment had not made it until now. I was sent here personally by General Sarge to make sure that message was brought here."

Flame Runner turned to Cumulus, a quizzical expression on his face. "Err... What did you say?" He began, an anger beginning to boil within him like a teapot.

• Brohoof 1

"Cumulus... Can we talk ?" Flame pulled Cumulus a little farther into the cave. "Nopony is supposed to know about that, Think about how the pegasai civilians would react to that, Their leader in love with the earthpony leader. Plus, in the unlikely chance that Flame runner escapes He will tell the rest of the Earth Ponies." He said, Making sure Runner wouldn't hear them.
  • Brohoof 1

"Obviously that would result in violence." Cumulus said plainly. "That was not such a hard question. It's about time we made a permanent solution to our problems with the bud ponies. Imagine how much easier it will be to force them around when their entire military is dead."

• Brohoof 1

Flame Runner's eyes crunched up into a small brow, thinking about what Cumulus said...

Martin was the role model for many of the leaders and soldiers back at the Earth Kingdom... Would... would he really do such a thing? Hook up with... with a pegasus?

Discouraged, Runner walked away from the door, obviously angry. "I'm going to bed." He muttered, slipping into the covers of the bed in his cell. He pulled the covers up over his face and looked away, ignoring the other ponies as he stared off into oblivion.

(Probably would be the last post for the night. =P Seems like a good time to stop.)

• Brohoof 1

Now imagine if the Earth Ponies and the Pegasai were friends not enemies, it would be so much more easy that controlling them. Flame said. We should get back to the Commander. He said, Trotting back to Runners cell.

(OOC: Ima go to bed as well, Goodnight everypony.)

• Brohoof 1

"Cumulus... Can we talk ?" Flame pulled Cumulus a little farther into the cave. "Nopony is supposed to know about that, Think about how the pegasai civilians would react to that, Their leader in love with the earthpony leader. Plus, in the unlikely chance that Flame runner escapes He will tell the rest of the Earth Ponies." He said, Making sure Runner wouldn't hear them.

Flame Runner's eyes crunched up into a small brow, thinking about what Cumulus said...

Martin was the role model for many of the leaders and soldiers back at the Earth Kingdom... Would... would he really do such a thing? Hook up with... with a pegasus?

Discouraged, Runner walked away from the door, obviously angry. "I'm going to bed." He muttered, slipping into the covers of the bed in his cell. He pulled the covers up over his face and looked away, ignoring the other ponies as he stared off into oblivion.

(Probably would be the last post for the night. =P Seems like a good time to stop.)

Greylight was a bit pissed when Cumulus mentioned her "thing" with Martin. As Flame drew Cumulus aside, she stepped into the cell.

"Look, I'm sorry about Cumulus. He's not one who is known for keeping his mouth shut. And if that is the case, then follow me. If you are only an ambassador who brought the knives in case you were assaulted, I will get you better accommodations."

Shelby looked at Velnir.

"We shouldn't waste water... But, um... I would like to know what you would like to do..."

Fire Blade still walked in silence. He was, as it would seem, depressed.

"I heard their was a priestess back at the city... maybe I could get her help..."

Aelicine layed down, her bed seemingly softer than usual. As she fell asleep, Syline stroked her cheek. In the distance, the sun was coming up, and another form, male, and armored, came into the room. The two figures embraced, and the unknown form asked Syline, "How's is your daughter, sister? She looks unwell."

"She is fine, Helios. She asked a lot of me tonight, and asked much of her in return."

Helios nodded, "Why did you explain spirit-realation to a Unicorn?"

"Because he was close enough to it that he needed to know it's dangers."

"And what of these... These Moonberry bushes?"

Syline smiled inwardly, "Because that was what my priestess asked for."

Helios looked agitated, but he said, "Come little sister, let her rest."

Syline shook her head. The moon light faintly picked up, outlining previously invisible runes. Helios gasped, "What is this? You are becoming dangerously close to the ponies, Nightstalker!"

"Be gone Sunhunter. This is a place of peace, a file of solitude for my champion-priestess. My champion-warrior is already out in the field. I request of you to defend him; he was given the maiden mark."

Helios growled, "I will do as you ask, as required by the ancient laws. But what will you do for me."

Syline smiled slow, and then both of them vanished as the smells of jasmine and cinnamon filled the air.

Velnir shrugged, "All the more reason to finish the pitcher; we don't want it to evaporate." Plus I could still use a drink. I feel as though I can feel some sort of flame inside me. What is this mare doing to me. Just looking at her... I don't- I don't know if I CAN be just friends with her. She's soft, but firm, with a straight forward personality that has a shyer side. And when she had her head on my chest, I felt my heart flutter. How can this be, that the power that be choose to give me joy? I have not yet repayed the pain, the suffering, the numerous poisons such as Pleasure-Pain poison, or even Poison Joke! Fate, how will you use this against me? What are you planning to do with my open heart? Shelby, she must be given the choice; it's her life. I'll let her choose.

Stormcloud saluted. He was beginning to wonder about the sanity of Cumuluos, but he showed no signs that he knew what they were talking about, "The Earth Pony relationship with the Commander is a rumor, nothing more. It is designed to weaken her authority, so I wouldn't pay attention to it. Ma'am, with or without irons?" He pulled out hoof-cuffs.

Edited by Dawnpath
  • Brohoof 1