private Canterlot College : Dorm Life

Shankveld

Rockshire didn't want to talk about her with Dogboots... But she still did want to talk about her pregnancy... Just not with him.... "Star, I'm ok. You don't have to worry about me..." Suddenly, she started to feel a little nauseous.... "Eugh.... Why do I feel like puking all of a sudden?"

"Please don't try and lie, I'm offering to help. Is it something I did? If it is I'm sorry, but I can't help unless you tell me." Star's voice was genuine, now having something else to be concerned for other that himself. Star tried to put the pieces together in his mind, but was struggling. But one thing kept coming back to mind...

"Shire... do you even like me? Am I just wasting my time?"

• Brohoof 1

Vinyl felt a bit awkward being the third wheel in the room with Shire and Star. She got up and walked toward the door. "I'll um... I'll just be going now." She walked out of the door and down toward her dorm.

Vinyl had just gotten to the door when she had thought against staying in her room. She felt like she was restricting herself to the dorms and the hospital, so she walked out to the courtyard and took in the fresh air for a few minutes. After that, she started walking to the pub, but remembered she was pregnant. "Damn it! Can't even get a drink to relax anymore." She trotted back over to the courtyard and laid down on a bench.

• Brohoof 2

As She walked past the line of Dorms to go speak with Whirlwind she say Vinyl and finally smiled. She walked up to her Marefriend and sat down next to her, nuzzling her her neck. It felt so good to just be close to something and someone that felt normal and safe. No pressure, no expectations. 

"I love you, Vinyl. I just want you to know that. I didn't think I really realized how much until just this moment but I love you so much." She sighed a little and spoke softly.

"I love you so much that I want you to be happy. If Parso turns up again, he may want to try and be a good father. He may want to try and be with you and I want you to know I support whatever you decide. Our lives are different now that all this has happened. I just want you to know I support you."

• Brohoof 2

A wide smile came across Vinyl's face and she nuzzled Obsidian. "Parso's going to be a great father, but I want you to know that I've already chosen somepony to be with... and it's you." She kissed her and rested her head on Obsidian's shoulder. "So what happened with Nightfall?"

• Brohoof 3

A wide smile came across Vinyl's face and she nuzzled Obsidian. "Parso's going to be a great father, but I want you to know that I've already chosen somepony to be with... and it's you." She kissed her and rested her head on Obsidian's shoulder. "So what happened with Nightfall?"

"Well, I told him he was forgiven and that he was free to move on. I told him he needs to toughen up and fix himself so he could be a good father for the foal. I covered his medical expenses and as far as I am concerned we are square. If I ever see him again or not, I could really careless. I need to put him in my past and let him make his own choices. But now, my ex whom I loved more then anypony in my life is back.....and I would be lying if I said those feelings were not still there. I don't know what to do."

• Brohoof 1

Vinyl looked down before looking back up at Obsidian. "That night that Whirlwind came back, Nightfall texted me, telling me that he wanted to see you. I was a bit harsh on him. Well, a bit would be an understatement. I told him to get on with his life and to stay out of our lives and the foal's... Whirlwind told me about what was going on between you two before here, but something tells me he wasn't telling the whole story."

• Brohoof 1

"Please don't try and lie, I'm offering to help. Is it something I did? If it is I'm sorry, but I can't help unless you tell me." Star's voice was genuine, now having something else to be concerned for other that himself. Star tried to put the pieces together in his mind, but was struggling. But one thing kept coming back to mind...

"Shire... do you even like me? Am I just wasting my time?"

"Star... I do like you. I really do... I'm not telling any lies. Promise. Now, I hate to break up this conversation, but I promised an old friend of mine that I would go with her on the town tonight."

Rockshire kissed his forehead, and making a few adjustments to her hair, she teleported away from her room, and at the entrance to Dogboots' room. She knocked on the door.

• Brohoof 2

parso looked out the window from the cafe, he saw Vinyl and Obsidian cuddling and let out a smile

'well, she's with Obsidian, I would have liked to be with Vinyl, but if she's happy, the foal will be happy'

he smiled and continued to eat his food

'cant wait until this dinner tomorrow'

• Brohoof 2

Odd. Night with the girls? Fixing her hair? So suddenly? At this hour? Did Shire even go out at this hour at all? To many questions still rattled around Star's head. There was only one person who seemed to know the full story.

Star galloped out the door, making sure to lock it as Shire had left in a hurry, and  scampered off down the hall. When he came outside he stood in the courtyard catching his breath. Turns out he had already found the mare in question with Vinyl.

"Obsidian!" Star cantered to their side. "We need to have a quick talk."

• Brohoof 1

"Star... I do like you. I really do... I'm not telling any lies. Promise. Now, I hate to break up this conversation, but I promised an old friend of mine that I would go with her on the town tonight."

Rockshire kissed his forehead, and making a few adjustments to her hair, she teleported away from her room, and at the entrance to Dogboots' room. She knocked on the door.

Dogboots jumped a little in surprise hearing the door being knocked. "J-just a minute!" He said as he quickly lit the candles again and pulled out the warm meal from the oven. He set it just right on the table and gave the place one last look. "Okay, everything looks good." He thought to himself. He opened the door to see Rockshire and she looked amazing to him. "Wow. y-you look amazing. Uh please come on in." He said trying to keep a calm tone but he was already beginning to lose it in his head. "What did Star want to talk about?" He asked curiously hoping that he didn't find out about them.

• Brohoof 3

Dogboots jumped a little in surprise hearing the door being knocked. "J-just a minute!" He said as he quickly lit the candles again and pulled out the warm meal from the oven. He set it just right on the table and gave the place one last look. "Okay, everything looks good." He thought to himself. He opened the door to see Rockshire and she looked amazing to him. "Wow. y-you look amazing. Uh please come on in." He said trying to keep a calm tone but he was already beginning to lose it in his head. "What did Star want to talk about?" He asked curiously hoping that he didn't find out about them.

Rockshire walked in, just standing in the middle of the room. "Well... He wanted a heart-to-heart... with me... He figured there was something wrong, and he got to be a bit picky... Which brought something up to me... From our little "moment"... Do you think I might have gotten pregnant from that night?"

• Brohoof 3

Rockshire walked in, just standing in the middle of the room. "Well... He wanted a heart-to-heart... with me... He figured there was something wrong, and he got to be a bit picky... Which brought something up to me... From our little "moment"... Do you think I might have gotten pregnant from that night?"

His heart sank a little when she asked him. "Did I get her pregnant? Oh god what have I done? You idiot! Why the hell weren't you using protection! two reasons. First, i'm poor and second, I didn't know I was going to buck with Rockshire." He thought fighting against the little voice in his head.  He quickly collected himself and tried thinking back. "It is indeed a possibility. I wasn't wearing protection then so it's possible. Are you pregnant?" He asked hoping that she wasn't.

• Brohoof 3

His heart sank a little when she asked him. "Did I get her pregnant? Oh god what have I done? You idiot! Why the hell weren't you using protection! two reasons. First, i'm poor and second, I didn't know I was going to buck with Rockshire." He thought fighting against the little voice in his head.  He quickly collected himself and tried thinking back. "It is indeed a possibility. I wasn't wearing protection then so it's possible. Are you pregnant?" He asked hoping that she wasn't.

"That's what I'm wondering too...", Rockshire said softly, looking down to her stomach. "I'm going to do a pregnancy test tomorrow... Then, only fate would handle it... Plus, it sort of constricts the decision between you and Star on who do I choose to go out with....", her eyes closing.

• Brohoof 2

"That's what I'm wondering too...", Rockshire said softly, looking down to her stomach. "I'm going to do a pregnancy test tomorrow... Then, only fate would handle it... Plus, it sort of constricts the decision between you and Star on who do I choose to go out with....", her eyes closing.

It was as if time stood still for Dogboots. A bit of time had passed before the stunned stallion finally came up with something to say to Rockshire. "Am I the father?" He asked already knowing the answer as it was already useless to ask. In a way he was hoping to put some sort of false sense of security on himself.

• Brohoof 3

It was as if time stood still for Dogboots. A bit of time had passed before the stunned stallion finally came up with something to say to Rockshire. "Am I the father?" He asked already knowing the answer as it was already useless to ask. In a way he was hoping to put some sort of false sense of security on himself.

She didn't seem to know the exact answer... For all Rockshire knew, Dogboots could be the father... Or Star could as well... 

"OK, this plan didn't work out... Later on, when I know that I'm having a foal, we'll go to see who is the real father. Maybe, it'll get your mind off it for a bit?"

• Brohoof 3

She didn't seem to know the exact answer... For all Rockshire knew, Dogboots could be the father... Or Star could as well... 

"OK, this plan didn't work out... Later on, when I know that I'm having a foal, we'll go to see who is the real father. Maybe, it'll get your mind off it for a bit?"

"Y-yeah. I just didn't expect this. Then again its my fault for not being careful." He said looking down at the floor. It was his fault but he tried shaking it off. He had other questions he wanted to ask her and it wasn't the time to worry about whether or not she was pregnant. That bridge wouldn't be crossed until they got to it. "Uhhh, lets eat shall we? Don't want the food to get cold eh?" He asked trying to lighten the mood up as he sat down at the table. 

• Brohoof 1

"Y-yeah. I just didn't expect this. Then again its my fault for not being careful." He said looking down at the floor. It was his fault but he tried shaking it off. He had other questions he wanted to ask her and it wasn't the time to worry about whether or not she was pregnant. That bridge wouldn't be crossed until they got to it. "Uhhh, lets eat shall we? Don't want the food to get cold eh?" He asked trying to lighten the mood up as he sat down at the table. 

Rockshire's mindset of the baby and who was the father and everything else was now fixated onto the food that Dogboots had mentioned, once her stomach had replied to his suggestion.

"Yeah, it would be a good idea... I've been hungry for quite a bit.", she said as she sat down right at the table.

• Brohoof 1

She looked Vinyl in those beautiful eyes of hers and decided to tell her the truth. " I was pregnant and happy with him. I loved him more then I could ever love another creature until I found out I was carrying the product of that love. I was so happy and for a while I didn't even have to wear my beads. But then I was in an accident and the foal....our foal...couldn't be saved..I wasn't strong enough.....I wasn't good enough..."

She had silent tears streaming down her face

"When I lost the foal I lost my sanity and nearly leveled the entire township. I was arrested and Princess Luna, for reasons I am still figuring out, took pity on me and sent me here to learn control. I was lucky no pony was killed......" She trailed off as Star came running up.

"What is it Star, this is really bad timing"

• Brohoof 2

Rockshire's mindset of the baby and who was the father and everything else was now fixated onto the food that Dogboots had mentioned, once her stomach had replied to his suggestion.

"Yeah, it would be a good idea... I've been hungry for quite a bit.", she said as she sat down right at the table.

Dogboots mind was going out of control. On the outside it seemed like he was calm but his head was filled with questions and worry. He couldn't even taste his own food due to his mind on being a possible father. "Say something you idiot! Quit thinking about it. Your not crossing that bridge now!" The inner voice inside his head said trying to make him work up some courage. "Sorry if the meal seems a little simple." He said before thinking about facehoofing himself. "Really? That's all you can come up with?" The voice inside his head said in surprise. 

• Brohoof 1

Dogboots mind was going out of control. On the outside it seemed like he was calm but his head was filled with questions and worry. He couldn't even taste his own food due to his mind on being a possible father. "Say something you idiot! Quit thinking about it. Your not crossing that bridge now!" The inner voice inside his head said trying to make him work up some courage. "Sorry if the meal seems a little simple." He said before thinking about facehoofing himself. "Really? That's all you can come up with?" The voice inside his head said in surprise. 

Rockshire could definitely tell that Dogboots was still thinking about the possible foal... But she shook it off, and shook it off.

"No, no, the food is divine... I always love a good plate of spaghetti every now and then.", she said after taking a few bites of hers.

He was a little relieved to hear that the food was alright. "You need to ask her cause quite frankly i'm even curious too. So go on, ask her." The voice inside his head said trying to urge him to bring up another topic that wasn't about him being a father. "Rockshire, I need to know. Why me? What do you even see in me? I don't mean to come off as rude or pathetic but why do you want to be with me? I'm just a work horse. I'm not like you or the others that excell in fields that will get you well known or well paid. I've lost my cutie mark. I barely even meet living expenses. I'm nothing compared to everypony here. Hell I don't even think I'd be worthy to even be a father. Sometimes I think you would be better off with Star than me. I'd only bring you down or just get in your way." He said in a confused but depressed tone. He knew he was nothing. Sure he was cunning and was able to get himself out of most situations but it wasn't enough to pay the bills.

• Brohoof 1

She looked Vinyl in those beautiful eyes of hers and decided to tell her the truth. " I was pregnant and happy with him. I loved him more then I could ever love another creature until I found out I was carrying the product of that love. I was so happy and for a while I didn't even have to wear my beads. But then I was in an accident and the foal....our foal...couldn't be saved..I wasn't strong enough.....I wasn't good enough..."

She had silent tears streaming down her face

"When I lost the foal I lost my sanity and nearly leveled the entire township. I was arrested and Princess Luna, for reasons I am still figuring out, took pity on me and sent me here to learn control. I was lucky no pony was killed......" She trailed off as Star came running up.

"What is it Star, this is really bad timing"

Vinyl didn't have a clue of what to say. "I... I'm so sorry, Obsidian. I wish I could've been there to help." She paused for a minute and laid down in Obsidian's lap. "Maybe this is fate's way of giving you another chance. This time, you'll be with me and we'll raise two foals instead of one."

• Brohoof 1

He was a little relieved to hear that the food was alright. "You need to ask her cause quite frankly i'm even curious too. So go on, ask her." The voice inside his head said trying to urge him to bring up another topic that wasn't about him being a father. "Rockshire, I need to know. Why me? What do you even see in me? I don't mean to come off as rude or pathetic but why do you want to be with me? I'm just a work horse. I'm not like you or the others that excell in fields that will get you well known or well paid. I've lost my cutie mark. I barely even meet living expenses. I'm nothing compared to everypony here. Hell I don't even think I'd be worthy to even be a father. Sometimes I think you would be better off with Star than me. I'd only bring you down or just get in your way." He said in a confused but depressed tone. He knew he was nothing. Sure he was cunning and was able to get himself out of most situations but it wasn't enough to pay the bills.

Rockshire shook her head, and got up from the table. She walked over to Dogboots, and looked right in his eyes.

"Dogboots... I don't care how you look, or what you've been through.. You have to understand this... I love you for your kindness, your caring... Not for your scars, or any pity... I love you for you... And I know, deep inside, if I do ever have a foal, and you ARE the father... You'll be the best father to me..."

She closed her eyes and kissed him before drawing back and opening her eyes again.

• Brohoof 2

Rockshire shook her head, and got up from the table. She walked over to Dogboots, and looked right in his eyes.

"Dogboots... I don't care how you look, or what you've been through.. You have to understand this... I love you for your kindness, your caring... Not for your scars, or any pity... I love you for you... And I know, deep inside, if I do ever have a foal, and you ARE the father... You'll be the best father to me..."

She closed her eyes and kissed him before drawing back and opening her eyes again.

For Dogboots it was in that moment that everything had disappeared completely. No worries over being a possible father, no pity on himself. He felt better to hear her say that but hearing her say that she loved him had touched him too. "I love you too Rockshire." He said before kissing her back. "If I am the father then I promise that I will do the best I can to raise the foal with you." He said looking into her eyes and holding her hoof in his hooves.

Edited by thor9356
  • Brohoof 1

"When I lost the foal I lost my sanity and nearly leveled the entire township. I was arrested and Princess Luna, for reasons I am still figuring out, took pity on me and sent me here to learn control. I was lucky no pony was killed......" She trailed off as Star came running up.   "What is it Star, this is really bad timing"

Star could have said a million things that moment, but he kept his question as simple as blunt as he could.

"What isn't Rockshire telling me?"

Only those with really keen eye sight would have noticed the slight pools of tears forming in the corner of Star's eyes. He honestly thought that the idea of keeping any secrets was worse than the secret itself.

"She wont tell me, so I want you to."

• Brohoof 2