Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Canterlot College : Dorm Life

Shankveld

OOC: http://mlpforums.com/topic/37584-canterlot-college-dorm-life

Nightfall

Every pony born in Canterlot has heard of Canterlot College at some point during their studies. "It's where the best and brightest go," teachers would be heard saying in passing. Yeah, and the richest. Considering anyone with rich parents could buy their foal's way into the school it also had a party reputation. Nightfall however entered the school on his own academic merits.

It was too far for Nightfall to commute to school everyday, so he decided to live in residence. Moving day was finally upon him, and the only thing he was sure of was the name of his roommate : Paros Incendiare - Pegasus.

Paros Incendiare

Wynter was devastated when Paros accepted into Canterlot College and she wasn't. Paros knew this was the best thing for his future, all the most successful ponies graduated from Canterlot College and this was his chance to perfect his shooting skills. He promised to visit her on holidays, since he'd be living in residence. As the train pulled up to his student housing, Paros picked up his luggage and headed to his dorm. He was curious about his mysterious roommate that he'd be living with for the next 8 months; Nightfall - Alicorn.

Kalypso

Canterlot sure was a long way from his home in Cloudsdale. Kalypso wasn't sure how a mainly unicorn city would react to him and his wings. Kalypso heaved as he entered his dorm and saw a long unicorn horn peeking out from the covers on one of the beds. Kalypso flipped on the light switch only to awake the unicorn in a huff. "I'm sleeping here kid, got it?" The unicorn used his magic to slam the door shut behind Kalypso and turn the light back off. Eris Nova, was a second year and the local campus king. It was going to be a long year.

Ice Beam

What pony wouldn't be nervous about leaving Ponyville and going to the big bustling city that is Canterlot. Especially landing a spot in the infamous party school, Canterlot College. Although a degree from CC was pretty much and guarantee into any career Ice Beam wanted to go into, although he still wasn't sure what he wanted to do with his life. Ice Beam gazed down at his welcoming letter from the school. His roommate was Star Keeper - Pegasus.

Star Keeper

Although Celestia wasn't able to take Star Keeper back as her personal student, she was able to get him a scholarship to the most prestigious school in Equestria: Canterlot College. Since most students were heirs to prestigious and wealthy families a scholarship was nearly unheard in the school's history. How could any pony not feel special? Hopefully things this time around in Canterlot would end up better. Star Keeper looked over his welcome letter from the school again before entering his dorm. Star Keeper couldn't bare the curiosity of whom his roommate any longer. Ice Beam- Pegasus simply wasn't enough information.

Suclearnub

Suclearnub's jaw nearly dropped when he saw that his roommate was a FEMALE unicorn. He was a boy, he was suppose to have a male roommate. This was the men's dorm after all. Suclearnub double checked his welcome sheet : Alora - unicorn. There was no mistaking it, she WAS his roommate.

Rockshire

After having a Canterlot College professor recognize her work for the Canterlot Art Museum he wrote Rockshire a direct recommendation to attend Canterlot College herself. Rockshire could hardly believe it, anypony who was anypony had attended CC. It was an unbelievable opportunity and several sculptures she looked up to even taught there! When it came time for Rockshire to move into her dorm she was so nervous she couldn't even sleep the night before. Soon she'd be spending everynight sleeping in the same room as Sugar Rush - Pegasus.

Sugar Rush

Jim's new job had brought about much more fortune than he anticipated, enough to buy Sugar's way into Canterlot College. Sugar had finally just settled into Ponyville and wasn't thrilled about moving to a new city again, but her father assured her it was a once in a lifetime opportunity. Sugar hesitantly agreed and said her good-byes to her Ponyville friends. Sugar rush was sure she'd make new friends in school, starting with her roommate: Rockshire - Unicorn.

Vinyl Blade

It had been a while since Blade had seen her wealthy earth pony adoptive parents, but when they said they had a huge surprise for her she couldn't stay away. They had bought her the opportunity to attend Canterlot College; the mos prestigious school in all of Equestria. Blade happily accepted. It was a rare opportunity, anypony who was anypony attended CC. Blade entered her dorm to see a stunning pink unicorn with a golden mane unpacking on the other side of the room. "Oh, you must be Vinyl Blade. I'm Lovey, you're roommate." Lovely extended her hoof in a greeting, "is this your first time in Canterlot?"

Alora

Alora's jaw nearly dropped when he saw that her roommate was a MALE pegasus. She was a girl, she was suppose to have a female roommate. This was the men's dorm though. Alora double checked her welcome sheet : Suclearnub - pegasus. There was no mistaking it, he WAS her roommate.

Saphira

"Thank Celestia! I was afraid I would get roomed up with some ugly fat ass again this year. Puke. Nothing worse than some virgin prude that can't hold her alcohol." Cherished kinked her head towards Saphira. "You gunna stand there gawking, or you going to unpack already?" Cherished rolled her eyes and turned away before allowing Saphira to respond. "I hope you've brought some sexy colt pictures." Cherished directed Saphira's attention to the abundance of celeb hunks pinned-up on her side of the room. "This is Eris Nova." Cherished pointed at a poster of a white unicorn, "my future husband. You'll be meeting him later"

Edited by Evilshy
Here, have an OOC link.
  • Brohoof 4

Nightfall sighed, stopping on the final landing before he got to his floor, breathing a bit heavily. His pack was heavy. He knew that he could have lifted and carried everything with magic, but he felt like 1.) he needed this "exercise," and 2.) that magically lifting everything would limit his concentration He grunted softly started climbing up, finally reaching the top with the small trail of things floating behind him. He reached his room and unlocked it, using the key that was given to him. Paros Incindiare wasn't there yet, so he found the bunk he liked better and began setting up his things.

• Brohoof 1

Star Keeper stood outside his assigned dorm, the tickling at the back of his head urging him on. Curiosity. It was not everyday you were accepted into one of the most prestigious colleges in Equestria (although he wasn’t surprised). Celestia had been kind enough to put his name forward for acceptance after the incident at the Royal Archives had been cleared up, but he still felt that he had something left to make up for, a burden hanging over his head.

Once again he took out the letter he had received to his home in Ponyville not two weeks before. Its edges were lined with gold foil and it was sealed with the royal crest. Star Keeper looked over the letter, carefully studying each minute detail.

‘My dearest Star Keeper,

‘It has been many years since we have last spoken, and I would not be surprised if you did not wish to meet again on such terms, but I am delighted that you have progressed the way you have over our time apart. It seems like only yesterday that both you and Twilight eagerly studied away in the royal library, you two always seemed to click together.’

‘Aside from fond memories, I have something very important to inform you of. I have lifted your ban from the Archives on strict terms, which may delight you, but I do not feel that we need to resume our tutorship. I have enjoyed these many years but the time has come for you to find your own path wherever that may take you. As a last favor, I put forward your name to the College located here in Canterlot, I still remember how you used to dream of studying there as a young colt. I have a dorm already sorted for you and I trust that you roommate will be an interesting character.’

‘I hope that over these next few months that you find all that you have been looking for, though you may not know what that is yet.’

‘Princess Celestia’

Star Keeper folded up the letter and slipped it back into his saddle bag. Inside was all his belongings that he would need for now, the rest was being delivered during the week. He took one last deep breath and raised his hoof to the door knob. Gingerly, he turned it till he could slip himself inside the entrance, a new life awaiting him inside.

• Brohoof 2

After a puff of air hit Kalypso from the door being shut in his face he decided to check the number on his registration ticket "yup 105 it's the right room but it looks like i got paired with a junior." mumbled Kalypso"Actually I think i'll go grab a bite to eat while I wait for mister grumpy pants to wake up. At least i'll have a nice room being paired with a junior." thought Kalypso as he walked to the snack bar in the cafeteria "Wow! this is great!" Said Kalypso as he took another bite of his Wickers Bar.

• Brohoof 2

Ice Beam looked down at his welcoming letter from his new school, Canterlot College. He was extremely nervous about beginning this new chapter in his life and as he headed to his dorm room, he started to wonder who his new roommate would be, and if he would get along with him. "Ugh, I hope my roommate isn't some douchebag..." thought Ice Beam.
  • Brohoof 2

Parso looked around the dorm, after a while he found his room. he opened the door and saw an alicorn stallion lying on a bunk.

"hows it goin' mate, looks like I'm your room mate. names Parso Incendiare, what do ponies call you?"

he wanted to be as friendly as he could to avoid hostilities between room mates. he unpacked his suitcase and sat on his bunk

• Brohoof 2

Well, at first glance he didn't seem... too bad. His light blue mane was unkempt although he did seem to appear of some distinction. Next step: read initial body language. He was straight, proud, eyes looking down his snout.

'So he has attitude; we will not be co-operating any time soon.'

Star Keeper slid the door open a bit more, the creaking of the heavy wood making his presence known. The blue colt turned to face him, giving a somewhat expectant look of contained annoyance. Star Keeper could read ponies like parchment, even if they didn't know it. He regained his composure and extended a hoof in his direction.

"Star Keeper. Please to make you acquaintance." The blue colt merely looked down his nose at him. "I presume you're the one I've heard so much about? Ice Beam." Trying to be as formal as possible, but sounding a bit arrogant in the process.

'Smooth.' He though to himself spitefully.

Edited by The-Master
  • Brohoof 2

Parso looked around the dorm, after a while he found his room. he opened the door and saw an alicorn stallion lying on a bunk.

"hows it goin' mate, looks like I'm your room mate. names Parso Incendiare, what do ponies call you?"

he wanted to be as friendly as he could to avoid hostilities between room mates. he unpacked his suitcase and sat on his bunk

"They call me Nightfall. At least, all that actually talk to me. And that number isn't many. They think just because I'm an Alicorn, I'm royalty or something, and that ain't true."

He got up and moved some of his stuff around. He knew he had half of the room as his, but didn't want to be that roommate who acts like everything is his.

• Brohoof 2

Grabbing his luggage, I unlocked my room (or actually me and my roommate's). A new room. "Good, I came here first." He thought to himself. Unpacking stuff a little at a time, he rearranged all of his books and stuff into the bookshelves. Suddenly, a unicorn opened the door. I looked away from my luggage and onto her. Gulp. This is the men's dorm, after all! How could she be here? Before he could snap out of it, she was already unpacking her stuff too. Great. This year will be either lame or awesome.

• Brohoof 2

At first glance the blue Pegasus looked exceedingly, well... average. He was of average statue,average build. His mane was nothing special and his colours didn't exactly stand out. He was an average Pegasus. The one thing that seemed to tick him off the most was the illusion of normality. Chances are that Ice Beam wouldn't react well either to having a lore obsessed room mate constantly bothering him and speaking to him in an arrogant tone. He didn't mean to speak down to ponies, it was a force of habit.

'Celestia knows how this is going to turn out...'

• Brohoof 1

Eris rose his head sleepily. He had hardly got any sleep last night, the idea of his innocent baby sister in college made his stomach turn. He knew how college colts were and he knew how CC was. I've got to protect her in a way that's not too overbearing. I can't stand some pervert tainting her.

As Eris became more awake he remembered his roommate. His roommate that happened to be a freshmen; perfect.

Eris went to the cafeteria, the only place a freshmen would be other than his dorm.

"Hey.." he recognized the light blue pegasus.

"Kalypso, right?" Eris put his hoof around Kalypso, "sorry we got off on the wrong hoof. It's been a long night. You could really use a friend couldn't you? A mentor to show you the ropes? CC can make a colt or kill a colt." Eris cocked his eyebrow, he could tell Kalypso was the meeker type.

"I bet you were a real lady killer back home eh?" Eris retorted in a deceptively sarcastic tone.

• Brohoof 2

Rockshire was excitingly standing outside her new dorm room, still excited from her recommendation here. She honestly couldn't believe it. To be in the same college as some of her idols... She could hardly wait. She entered her room, two beds and two desks. She put her bags away, automatically going to her desk, grabbing a few sculpting tools from her bag, and setting up her own little workstation on her desk.

Edited by Gilda The Griffon
  • Brohoof 2

Ice Beam looked oddly at his new roommate who had just introduced himself. Ice Beam wasn't sure why the pegasus was speaking so formally to him; he was slightly confused by this.

"Uh...hi...I'm Ice Beam," he said as he shook the hoof of the pegasus. "I guess you're my new roommate?"

• Brohoof 2

Well, he wasn't as formal as expected. The tone slipped to a casual conversation and Star Keeper felt that his suspitions were confirmed. He was, well... 'normal'.

"Yes, It would seem so. I just came here from Ponyville. Not that I come from Ponyville, it's more of a temporary residence. I originally lived here in Canterlot." Star Keeper threw his gaze at the beds. One already had Ice Beams stuff laid out over it and the other was still barren of sheets and pillow.

He took of the saddle bag that was banging at his sides and turned back to address the blue colt. "So, whats your story? Are you from Canterlot?" He kept his formal tone, despite the fact that Ice Beam did not return it.

• Brohoof 2

"Oh, hi. Uh, wow... You're... Beautiful." She shook the tall mare's hoof and put her bag down on an empty bed. "It's not the first time I've been to Canterlot. I've actually lived in the castle since I moved out of my adoptive parents' house. I never thought I'd be coming here though." Vinyl took a long look around the room before unpacking her bags.

• Brohoof 2

Ice Beam responded to his roommate:

"Uh, no, I'm definitely not from Canterlot...I was born and raised in Ponyville. It's definitely gonna take some time to get used to Canterlot...it's not at all what I'm used to. So you're from Canterlot? Could you maybe tell a bit about what it's like?"

• Brohoof 2

He was taken back a bit by this. Star Keeper did not lie when he had said he was from Canterlot, he chose not to mention the fact he had been suspended from Celestia's tutorship and banned from the Royal Archives. Although these issues had been dealt to and Celestia even paying for the Collage fees, it was past he would rather forget.

Star Keeper had basically fled to Ponyville after being denounced by Celestia, his reputation squandered after his actions. He had lived in the small town for two years while making frequent visits to Manehattan and Coltimore. He wasn't surprised he had never met Ice Beam before in Ponyville, being the reclusive type he was.

"Canterlot is a city that is practically built on history, one of the most culture rich locations in Equestria. There is a standard of class that one must accommodate to but I'm sure that wont be an issue. There is defiantly plenty to to do if you ever have time to sight see."

Edited by The-Master
  • Brohoof 2

Eris rose his head sleepily. He had hardly got any sleep last night, the idea of his innocent baby sister in college made his stomach turn. He knew how college colts were and he knew how CC was. I've got to protect her in a way that's not too overbearing. I can't stand some pervert tainting her.

As Eris became more awake he remembered his roommate. His roommate that happened to be a freshmen; perfect.

Eris went to the cafeteria, the only place a freshmen would be other than his dorm.

"Hey.." he recognized the light blue pegasus.

"Kalypso, right?" Eris put his hoof around Kalypso, "sorry we got off on the wrong hoof. It's been a long night. You could really use a friend couldn't you? A mentor to show you the ropes? CC can make a colt or kill a colt." Eris cocked his eyebrow, he could tell Kalypso was the meeker type.

"I bet you were a real lady killer back home eh?" Eris retorted in a deceptively sarcastic tone.

Kalypso was surprised by his roommates sudden appearance "Umm, yea i'm Kalypso you must be my roommate Eris" he said extending his hoof to meet the Eris's "It's totally fine I understand you were asleep and from what I hear that is a rare thing for college students" laughed Kalypso "but why would you want to be friends with me i'm just a freshman who doesn't even know what CC is, AND I have never once had a girlfriend, but if you still wanna be friends i would be glad to i mean we are roommates after all." smiled Kalypso after his rant.
  • Brohoof 2

Lovely couldn't help from blushing, "thank you." Lovely wasn't use to interacting with ponies that weren't part of her family or close family friends. She had been privately tutored up until now and this was her first interaction with what her family would refer to as a 'townie'.

"You lived with the Princess? That sounds fun. Although I don't really care much for large buildings." Lovely paused, "there's just something so painfully lonely about them."

Flustered by the awkward silence Lovely turned in a panic and continued to speak, "Canterlot is wonderful though. It's my home. Never been anywhere else really!" Lovely smiled nervously as she stroked her mane.

Lovely stumbled over to her bed and laid down, "sorry. I'm not really use to all of this."

Eris laughed and playfully messed up Kalypso mane, "you think too much bro." Eris pulled up a seat and sat down opposite of Kalypso at a near by cafe table. "CC is short for Canterlot College. The less time you spend saying the name of the school, the more time you can spend chatting up the beautiful mares. And if there is anything CC has, it's fine mares. We're not just roommates, we're brothers. We have been bonded together by the room we dorm in. And girlfriend, shirmfriend. Who wants to be tied down just to one anyway?" Eris winked.

• Brohoof 1

"Oh, um... It's not really that lonely when there are guards, servants, and princesses all over the place. Anyway, I moved to Canterlot when I was... Nine, I think. Yeah, nine." Vinyl finished unpacking her bags and let herself fall onto the bed. "So what is there to do around here? You probably read up on this place more than I have."

• Brohoof 2

Sugar Rush yawned *ugh, perfect way to start first day of college in Canterlot* she walked through the large hallways, not caring to pay attention to her surroundings *Didn't even get enough sleep, that train ride here couldn't even let me think* she said snorting angrily *I just need some rest. I really wish I could of stayed in Ponyville, I got no business doing here in Canterlot Manehattan was bad enough, but this?* she finished talking to herself, and took a deep breath, she rose her head to meet with her dorm's door. *If I'm lucky my roommate won't be here and I can at least get a couple minutes of shut ey-* her thoughts trailed off until she looked at her roommate, *well, I guess rest is off the list* she thought gloomily, however she smiled as she walked towards the pony "Hiya, the name is Sugar Rush" she said smiling awkwardly.

• Brohoof 2

Rockshire looked up from her sculpture to see a new pony standing in the room, guessing that it's her roommate.

"Well, hi! I'm Rockshire! It's nice to meet you!" She could tell that the new roommate wasn't really excited to meet her, so she tried to make some small talk. "So where are you from?"

• Brohoof 2

Dogboots & Sugar

There must have been some sort of mix-up. Somehow Dogboots and Sugar ended up in a co-ed dorm room, in the female's dorm. Maybe it was done on purpose though, to keep the earth ponies together. This was Canterlot after all, the place of the rich and famous. Who knows what these ponies were capable of?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lovely's ears perked up at the question. "My big brother goes here," she beamed. "Oh, you'd love him! Everypony does. I'll call him and see what he's up to." Lovely used her telekinesis to lift a bright pink cell phone out of her bag; the newest model of course.

She pressed a couple button a put the phone of speaker for Blade to listen in on.

"Miss me already?"

"My roommate is just wondering if there is anything fun to do around here."

"And you called me? I'm flattered."

"Well, we don't want to have 'Cherished' type fun."

"Ha. Alright. Come down to the cafeteria. I'm having a discussion with my roommate. He is in desperate need of some female contact."

"Alright. See you soon."

Lovely hung-up the phone and smiled at Blade. "Welp! You heard the man."

Lovely turned towards the door and stopped suddenly in her tracks and quickly turned to face Blade with a panicked red-face. "I just remembered I don't even know where the cafe is!!??? And if I call Eris back to ask he'll never let me live it down!"

• Brohoof 2

"Wait a minute. I think I have a map of the place somewhere around here." She started digging through her saddlebag, looking for the map. "Let's see... No... No, no, no, lipstick... Ah, here it is. Lets see... We're here and the mall is... Here!" She pointed to the outline of a large room on the first floor. "Let's start going."

((Just thought about this, my school calls our "cafeteria" the mall, or more specifically, the Benson Mall))

• Brohoof 2

Sugar sat on her bed, looking around the empty room.

she wondered who her roommate would be, hopefully someone nice.

She had arrived a bit late, the family needed help on the farm before she went off to college, but the college was okay with it.

Sighing, Sugar got up and walked to the window, it was a nice day out.

Her bed had her special blankets on it, her grandma had made them for her. They were made from cashmere yarn, and had her name stiched into them. They were Sugar's favorite blankets, because a year ago, her grandma had died, and they had been her last gift to Sugar.

Sugar's eyes welled with tears as she thought of her grandma; it was a painful subject for her, and she thought about it often, though it caused her pain, she tried to think of the good times.

Gardening with grandma, grandma making her soup when she was sick...

Tears spilled out onto Sugar's face, and she shook her head.

"No, Sugar. You will not cry. You will. not. cry!"

She said to herself, and turned her thoughts to school instead.

She wasn't sure what she was going to do now, her classes weren't starting today, because she'd just gotten here.

she'd probably have a buttload of homework, but she was usually good at catching up. With that positive (almost), thought, she smiled and opened her suitcase to begin unpacking.

Edited by Sugar.Honey.Darling
  • Brohoof 2