Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Equestrian Civil War Roleplay

Pinkazoid

Applejack was snoring in her tent, having troubled dreams as usually when the courier came with an emergency letter. She fell asleep at her desk again and was drooling on the map. She got so little rest these days. When the courier ran in she startled awake.

"Ya be takin' me alive Solar ponies!" She drew her sword with her mouth and nearly struck the courier pony with it. He stop and she stopped at the same time.

"Heh, sorry 'bout that....nightmares, ya know? heh...heh heh..*Cough* whut is it ya got there?"

She read over the scroll and nodded, signaling for him to write back.

Dear Golden Eye,

Your presence is required at Dragon Mountain. I believe you have a certain hot head down there with you, Lt. Vanguard I think his name is. I want you to get him and both of you take your regiments up to Dragon Mountain and report to Valkyrie. I am promoting you to 1st Lt. Good work. Your orders are to secure the mountain and then head east if you are able to the West side of Ponyville. If my plan worked, Solar ponies will be occupying 3\4 of that space. I am dispatching another letter to Col. Macintosh who will approach from the south along with Sky Warden once they are wrapped up dealing with Steeleyes troops. Should you need more reinforcements, please let me know. The goal is to have secured Baltimare and Ponyville by weeks end.

General Applejack

She had the scroll magically sealed and sent off to all four ponies mentioned in the letter; Col Mac, Sky Warden, Golden Eye and Valk.

She peered over at the map she had been reading.."Give up Ponyville that easy? Ya'll solar ponies must be dumber then ya look." She laughed as her plan fell together nicely.

"Sir, we have captured as many as twenty Solar Troops. The rest of them lie dead of have retreated."

"Excellent work. Prepare our troops to move forth and hold the northern end of the pass. Move the artillery to the higher positions and have the sergeant move the camp into the gorge. This has been a marvelous victory for us, though what were our losses?"

"Eight were lost on the front line. We have near 450 troops remaining and ready to move."

"Excellent. You are relieved sergeant. Be about your duties."

"Yes sir."

"Now we must simply wait for word to reach us. Certainly I will not remain in this valley like cattle, the forefront is where I belong. Luna would not abandon me here, not ever."

Edited by The-Master

The unicorn scientists sat together, anticipation filling the air. They had been waiting for hours now, and the outcome of the month's work was uncertain. Would the creature return, and if so would it return with a Phoenix?

A chill seemed to converge upon the room as a figure climbed effortlessly through the lone window of the laboratory. The Poacher was met with fascinated gazes, looks that grew even more shocked as the unicorns saw what he held in one hoof.

A Phoenix chick, cawing desperately for its parents. The silence that followed seemed almost as loud as gunfire, and was broken at last by the creature himself.

"The task has been completed." the Poacher spoke in an emotionless, blank voice without accent or tone. The others looked to the head unicorn for help, and at last he answered. "So... it does work... incredible..."

"Should we inform princess Luna?" another unicorn suggested quietly, his gaze never leaving the clothed automaton.

The head scientist paused for a moment, then answered. "No. Our experiments are not yet... complete. We know that it works, but not at what level and to what standard..."

A greedy look fell upon his face. "We have not tested its combat skill... For all we know, this thing may be an unstoppable juggernaut!" he stopped talking, then began to pace, formulating ideas. "We should send it on another test mission... to Ponyville. I understand that the town is a place of particular interest..."

"And do what there sir?" the other unicorn asked doubtfully.

"Poacher." the head spoke directly to the weapon now; "Your next task is to scout around Ponyville. You will wait there, then assist Lunar troops at a later time. Find information on the town's current status and relay it to the commander when he arrives."

As the head scientist finished talking, there was a quick swoosh as the Poacher departed the room, exiting through the window and dropping to the ground below. He moved into the shadows, and began to run.

That night, it was rather cold. Golden Age was laying down in his tent, day dreaming about his life back home, and he wondered if he would ever see it again.

His dreams were cut short by a sudden voice outside "Message for you sir". Golden Age crawled out and opened the letter.

Dear Golden Eye,

Your presence is required at Dragon Mountain. I believe you have a certain hot head down there with you, Lt. Vanguard I think his name is. I want you to get him and both of you take your regiments up to Dragon Mountain and report to Valkyrie. I am promoting you to 1st Lt. Good work. Your orders are to secure the mountain and then head east if you are able to the West side of Ponyville. If my plan worked, Solar ponies will be occupying 3\4 of that space. I am dispatching another letter to Col. Macintosh who will approach from the south along with Sky Warden once they are wrapped up dealing with Steeleyes troops. Should you need more reinforcements, please let me know. The goal is to have secured Baltimare and Ponyville by weeks end.

General Applejack

A smile came upon the stallion's face. "Something to do and a promotion! A win win!" He then turned to the messanger "Dismissed private, thankyou."

He then took out his quil and wrote to Vanguard

Vanguard,

I have recieved a promotion and orders from General Applejack. You and I are to meet at Dragon Moutnain, where we shall secure the mountain and then move to the west side of Ponyville. I look forward to seeing you there

Also, I do take it you have wiped all solar existence from the valley? Hah! 'Tis something I would expect from a pony like you.

~1st. Lt. Golden Age

Golden Age then walked up to the fire pit, where his men were sitting by to keep from freezing to death. "Gentlecourts, I have just gotten word that we have orders to march to Dragon Mountain and rout all solar forces from the area! I suggest you go to sleep early, revielie is at 5 am tomorrow!"

He called out for a courier, and then handed him the letter "Make sure this reaches the hoof of Lt. Vanguard with safety private" With a quick salute, the stallion trotted off. Golden Age then crawled back into his tent tand blew out the candle

"Golden Age, 1st lieutenant? How does a fool come about the position of first lieutenant? Curse Luna for such stupidity. This war was supposed to herald my rise in military standing, not it's decline. Where are my soldiers? Prepare to move out on my command!"

Vanguard seized a quill and paper, beginning to quickly write down a letter. This was no destined for Golden Age, nor any of the rebellion  This was to be sent elsewhere.

"Have this sent to the Canterlot as quickly as possible. Bear the flag of truce and go swiftly."

Princess Celestia:

Looking at the surgeon before her, she would sigh softly to herself. Looking at the doctor with a certain sadness, she would shake her head. "The pony I want you to operate on is still very much alive, barely, but still alive. There is nothing I can do to fix the consequences of his actions, but there is much that can be done to repair him, to a point. His leg no longer exists, indeed, it is if it never existed at all. Half of his head is much the same, fortunately it did not penetrate past the bone. Here are the exact details of what I require, just brought forth by a few of my attendants."

A large scroll was unrolled on the nearest table, depicting Steeleye in his current state. Several devices were also shown, each audacious in its design. A metal mask, formed to fit the exact outlines of Steeleye's missing face, was to be bolted to his head. While flexible enough to allow him movement, it would still mar his features. In particular, the back of the eye cavity would have to be opened further, allowing a small crystal disc to be implanted. When done, it would hopefully allow sight through both eyesockets by the use of magic. The leg was a bit more delicate. The newly grown coat and flesh would need to be opened and removed in some places, allowing for a replacement to be inserted into the leg socket. In the sketches, the replacement appeared more to be several seperate peices floating in mid air, obviously powered by magic aswell.

"So from this, you are to take your instructions and keep him alive. Once the face plate and new leg are attached, your service will be complete. Anything you want in return will be immeadiately forthcoming afterward."

Princess Celestia w/ Cherry Blossom:

Celestia had retrieved a scroll detailing the profile of Col Macintosh to the assassin. "He is the sister of Applejack, one of the foremost warriors the Lunar Republic in his own right and the leader of the most dangerous frontline unit that we face. He prefers to keep his silence and talks little to anyone but his sister. I will say this once, use any means at your disposal. Kill him if need be. But there is to be no failure on this mission. There will be no failure."

War Deployments:

While the initial thrust into the Lunar Kingdom had met a disatrous end, its effects were no doubt to be influential in time. With the breach opened along the border, Solar troops began a slower encroachment into Lunar Territory. Far from the lightning thrust of General Steeleye, this was like a slow moving wall of bodies, pressing ever inward. Scouting parties of pegasi and earth ponies would go first, keeping to the shadows and high airways. Any attempt at conflict caused them to immeadiately retreat to their own lines, only to illicit a brutal counter-attack once they were safe. The roads General Steeleye had made in his dash assisted the southward growth, further drawing  a line between the western Lunar Kingdom and the east.

The plan was thus, to create a noose around the Lunar Republic and hang them with it. Sabotage teams began attempting percision strikes on supply assests such as food and war manufacturers. In Baltimare, word of the approaching Lunar forces had begun to trickle in. Thus far not commited to one side or the other, the city was now faced with a choice, Lunar or Solar. Though some Solar forces were present in the area in hopes of recruiting fresh soldiers, no solid presence had been established. Confronted with this, the city of Batlimare remained undecided. Meanwhile, the Solar troops made a careful decision. They would ingrain themselves into the city, become undistinguishable from its original inhabitants, and wage their resistance from the shadows. A city that watched your every move, was aware of your every mis-doing, was as dangerous as an enemy army.

Dragon Mountain:

Yet again, the plan was simple: blow the entire enemy presence into tiny peices. However, unlike Steeleye's mass obliteration of the enemy border garrison, this would take time and planning. The situation at Dragon mountain had remained near constantly fluid and difficult to manage. Trenches were yours one day and against you the next. So, instead of fight over land that had changed hands a hundred times, they would shoot for the bullseye. Preparations had begone as thus: Solar Mages were drawn back from the front lines unless absolutely neccesary, forming magical conclaves at the rear. Gigantic earthworks, what appeared to be randomly placed ridges were built in intersecting lines. Finally, a slow trickle of Solar troops began to pull back to within a safe distance. Though the entire project would take two more days, it was hoped the Lunar forces would remain in the dark until it was ready.

Valkyries head throbbed, she had this headache since she first woke up. It was driving her mad, and being couped up in her tent, going over scout reports trying to figure out what the Solarians are up to,wasn't helping.
She sighed
<It might be best to get some air>  she thought to herself. She stood, knocking her stool over in the process. She stretched her powerful limbs, some of her joints making a *pop* with the effort. Walking through the tents flaps, she almost headbutted Shadow weaver, who was standing on the other side.
Their muzzles almost touching, Shadow's eyes lit up with excitement, "Val, Val, we managed to get some of them up and about, granted they ar.."  Val cut her short. "Thats great Shadow and I want you to show me, but will you back off? You are a bit close" Val could smell her breath, the overpowering scent of mint, was making her head throb even more. "Oh..Right..right sorry" Almost shying away.
Letting out a long sigh "Alright Shadow, show me the progress you lot have made"

(Ooc: Im in a hurry, Ill finish in another post) 

Black Market-Location Unknown 

It's always been a shock to Whirlwind that a peaceful kingdom that never saw war and conflicts were always resolved by a chosen few after being given the power to do so, could become so war torn, and yet everything feel like this is how it always been with the cloak and dagger ponies working in the shadows to the black markets that feel like they been open forever buck the number of ponies with a name that would seem out of place if not for this war. But this is the world now and its something Whirlwind need to survive in. 

"what can I do for you today?" asked the Unicorn behind the counter who look more like he should have been working at a StarBucks, "I require some gear and information on a general of the SE by the name of Steeleye "Whirlwind replied, the pony gave him a blank stare "why would you need stuff on him, have you not heard the news about him, he suffered a humiliating defeat and word going around that he likely dead, if not then he won't be seen for awhile".

"well that kinda sucks, I was gonna be paid handsomely for taking him out" said Whirlwind scratching the back of his head "well I guess i still have work to do, so i'll take some yellow crystal arrows and maybe that bow" he said placeing his gold on the table and pointing towards the bow in the glass cabin-ate next to him.

(i'll post more later) 

Sky Warden shook his head in attempt to clear his gaze. He fluttered his wings hard and flew backward with his spear in his foreleg, ready for any attack while he was blinded. He saw a weird empty space in the battlefield and he realized that the battle was over. He sighed and found that he got some wounds which he didn't realize before. Some scratches on his forelegs and a deep one on his right shoulder. He got a bruise on his neck where a soldier tried to buck him and another one on his left flank.

Sky shouted to gather his men and found that he just lost four ponies under his command, including his quartermaster. He pointed to a black maned pegasus and simply granted the pegasus a position as a new quartermaster. He asked one of the Lunar soldier about the location of Col Macintosh and he ordered his warband to follow him to the Colonel.

• Brohoof 1

Wavering looked shocked at the scroll, the knowledge and techniques that it described were absolutely new to him yet he was excited, as hea read it and saw the sketches he mumble to himself "..yes, this could work if I..." After reading the scroll he looked again at Celestia but this time his determination was boosted with an excited yet serious tone he answered.

"Your Highness, this resource you have given me it's just... Incredible, I could do some many things after testin- I mean treating the General Steeleye! I promise he's gonna recover, I cant estimate how long it will take him to fully recover, I-I've never done this procedure before, but don't you worry your Highness" Wavering looked at his hooves "As long as he stays under my scalpel, he won't perish, I'm gonna need to keep the scroll to study it better and have other surgeons to do the same. If we want him to recover as fast as possible, I'm gonna need help, so if you could be so kind to make about 6 copies it would really help us out, and honestly the only thing in return I want, is to be helpful and treat as many pacientd as possible before they die before reach the Centre, that's all..."

Wavering bowed and said good bye to the Princess as she left the structure not before asking the stallions to leave the case on the surgical table, then he took a breath and asked his main assistant to gather the most talented medical staff in the area as soon as possible. He trusted the other assitants to deal with the injuries of the remaining pacients.

Soon enough, a group of complaining ponies and unicorns entered the room, Wavering coughed loudly to get their attention "Fellow Physicians, we just got visited by Princess Celestia herself, now I dont't want to sound arrogant, but she trusted me to treat a very important Pacient that we have right now ontop of that table, General Steeleye. The ponies walked to the case and looked at the corpse, they were completely confused. "Now, as you can see, our pacient is still alive but he has been heavily injured, how are we supposed to treat him you might ask" said Wavering pulling out the scroll and opening it. "Princess Celestia gave me this, its a really detailed and methodical procedure on how to replace body parts with this new material, I'm not gonna lie to you, this procedure has never been done before, but we can't let down our Princess and the Empire! I want you all to study this scroll, hopefully we might get copies for everyone in this room very soon. If any of you doesnt feel capable of doing this task, I'll have to ask you to leave this room and go help the assistants with the injured"

With that, Wavering told the ponies to be prepared and in the mean time go back to their business. A small smile appeared in his face as he walked around the case. "Don't worry General, we'll patch you up, but come back as soon as you are done, I have something planned for you" he grinned at the last sentence, closed the case and walked out of the room putting his earbuds on again.

• Brohoof 1

The Poacher stood examining the town ahead of him. If he moved in now, then he could risk being seen. It was more important to note that the town seemed unguarded, low on soldiers and population. The automaton's task was complete, and he initiated the second part; awaiting a military high command. He stood, unmoving and still as stone. The only indication that there even was something in the shadows of the Everfree outskirts, were a pair of glowing blue eyes.

• Brohoof 1

(@

Be proud of the Technological Terror you have created - Bloons Tower Defense 5, on the Technological Terror.)

Luna started to write orders, especially concerning Vanguard- the pony with an attitude. While she was writing orders, she glanced outside. It appeared that the Solarians were making these ridges of dirt. What is Sister planning? And, even more concerningly, what are they doing out there?

General Applejack,

We need to fill the gap that was created as soon as possible. I suggest putting a corp of two inside the gap to cut off reinforcements.

Luna.

"There shall be no failure in getting rid of him, your highness." Sour Blossom recieved the information and saluted to the Princess before trotting out of the room. She left the castle and transitioned back to having her original self, Cherry Blossom. After a few seconds of trotting on the grass, she got into the air and started flying towards Baltimare. Is it right to kill somepony I never even met? Oh stop whining. Just let me take care of all the killing. she thought as she stared down at Canterlot, one last time before leaving their airspace.

Apple Mint gave orders to the surviving NLR soldiers to start repairs on the town. He also asked the remaining civillians to start creating victory gardens due to most of the apple tree being burnt down. After organizing repairs and construction projects, he started trotting towards the land of the Buffalo tribe.

• Brohoof 1

"There shall be no failure in getting rid of him, your highness." Sour Blossom recieved the information and saluted to the Princess before trotting out of the room. She left the castle and transitioned back to having her original self, Cherry Blossom. After a few seconds of trotting on the grass, she got into the air and started flying towards Baltimare. Is it right to kill somepony I never even met? Oh stop whining. Just let me take care of all the killing. she thought as she stared down at Canterlot, one last time before leaving their airspace.

Apple Mint gave orders to the surviving NLR soldiers to start repairs on the town. He also asked the remaining civillians to start creating victory gardens due to most of the apple tree being burnt down. After organizing repairs and construction projects, he started trotting towards the land of the Buffalo tribe.

Applejack was given the letter from Luna and read offer it closely before writting her next orders.

To the Current leader of the Appleloosian Division,

I know that Appleloosa has been hit hard and I pray that this finds you in better health then I fear you may be in. As devastating as this all has been, we cannot back down now. If he still lives, try to find Major Braeburn or Captain Silverstar and begin the march back up along the road of destruction created by Steeleye. Orders are to bring builders along with you and repair as much defense structure as possible. If you are met with Solar resistance, Lethal force isathorized, though if they surrender, take prisoners. We coud use everypony possible to help rebuild.

Respectfully,

General Applejack

• Brohoof 1

Golden Age and his regiment soon arrived at Dragon Mountain. "Prepare to break ranks, break ranks, march!" With that order, ponies than dispersed in all directions, attending to their own tasks whether it be pitching their tent or finding a shady tree to relax by. Golden Age briefly studied the breastworks. They were a series of connecting trenches; clever. He then took out his telescope and studied the Solar positions. Not a mage to be found, and a surprisingly low amount of infantry. Surely they can't be retreating! It would be foolish to give up a position such as this! He collapsed his telescope and searched for Valkyrie.

The Lieutenant asked a guard where he could find the pony, of which he pointed to large tent. He heard two voices come within, so he sat himself upon a nearby log and waited.

• Brohoof 1

Apple Mint came back after settling some complications of the Buffalo tribe staying neutral. He took off his hat and read the new orders that he received. "Well Ah'll be a buffalo's uncle. Cousin Applejack is givin' me orders, with writin' some letter?" he laughed a little and proceed to carry out the commands. He ordered two soldiers to search for Braeburn and Silverstar, then gathered engineers and construction workers. "All of ya start workin' on them fancy defenses n' all that. Startin' by that path of ash that Solar varmint made." Immediately the engineers and workers started going down the road.

The two soldiers came back with Braeburn scratched up and Silverstar with a few cuts around. "Howdy cuz, Captaine Silverstar. We got orders from cousin' Applejack to put together Appleloosa back up again. She wants us to take any Solar prisoners that er givin' up and take out the hostiles."

"Ah will go n' manage the repair and defenses here." Silverstar replied as he threw a salute and went with his duties. "Ah'll take care of the remainin'  Solarians around here." Braeburn added. He went off to gather soldiers and handle the remaining Solar military forces in Appleloosa. Apple Mint went to help carry out the sick and wounded.

Cherry Blossom continuously flew towards the direction of Ponyville from Canterlot and stopped a quarter of distance she needed to travel. She landed down near a few trees and was exhausted from all the flying. looking around, the area seemed secure so she laid her back against a tree and caught her breath. Maybe I should just sit here for a little while, check my things, and then start going again she thought.

Edited by Cherry Blossom
  • Brohoof 1

"Certainly" said the merchant how opened the  glass box and levitated the bow towards Whirlwind "as for the arrows you request, i'm afraid we don't have many and they aren't charged to there full potential, you see the source were we get out wears has been under pressure from the solar empire"

" those arrows will do but you better lower the price" said Whirlwind as he picked up the bow dragging on the sting to get a feel for the torque of the bow "of course, that's 1800 bits overall sir" Whirlwind handed over the gold and left the shop taking to the air to read the orders he was given, he might as well help the NLR even if he can kill Steeleye for them. 

Whirlwind flew up to a nearby cloud and began to read his order, informing him that he was to return to Dragons Peak as speak with a General AppleJack.

"Sir..."The head scientist turned, annoyed at the interruption from the other unicorn. "What? Is something wrong?"The other scientist looked fixedly at his hooves, but continued nevertheless. "I was just thinking sir... about number seven..."At the mention of their latest endeavour, the head stiffened a little. "What about it? It's still working on the second task.""But shouldn't..." at last, the other unicorn put his foot down. "I think we should tell princess Luna. We've tested it, and it should be up to her to decide what to do with it."The head scientist didn't reply for a while, before answering. "No. It's still being tested.""But sir! We need to report our findings to the highest author..."The head interrupted his colleague. "In this laboratory, I am the highest authority. I decide what happens to number seven. Remember your place." with that, the head scientist stormed off to another part of the lab. His colleague thought for a while, then shifted out of the lab.If his boss wouldn't tell, then he would.

Dear Princess Luna

I represent the arcane science division, and I am writing to inform you of the success of a recent experiment into the activation of an automaton artefact. I would like to know what your wishes are regarding this matter. If you would like more information, then I will inform you to the best of my knowledge.

Yours faithfully, Luminess Abyss.

He had no idea what the princess would make of his letter, nor if it would even reach her yet Luminess sent it regardless.

Edited by Silverpoint345
  • Brohoof 2

Luna had been discussing defensive measures when a scroll came in for her. She opened it and read it.

Dear Princess Luna

I represent the arcane science division, and I am writing to inform you of the success of a recent experiment into the activation of an automaton artifact. I would like to know what your wishes are regarding this matter. If you would like more information, then I will inform you to the best of my knowledge.
Yours faithfully, Luminess Abyss.

She thought about it.

Dear Luminess Abyss,

I would like to hear the details on this machine before I make this decision. Seeing it, also, might be of help as well. Bring the artifact to my chambers tomorrow if possible so that I may see it, give my opinions, and, if all goes well, it's first commission.

Princess Luna.

"I want all our forces to leave position and prepare to move out. I want the artillery mobile and all troops to be ready to depart on my word within the next hour."

"We cant get that all done in one hour. The soldiers are over worked as it is."

"You have your orders sergeant, you best fulfill them. You have one hour, then we depart to Dragon Mountain."

Whirlwind flew with haste back towards Dragons Peak, thinking of general AppleJack along the way, Whirlwind was something of a fan/ admirer of Applejack after watching her compete at the Equestria rodeo competition, she was also the weilder of the element of honesty to not to mention one beautiful "WHOA!" shouted whirlwind after teetering to the side almost throwing him off balance, perhaps this wasn't the best time to day dream and those were simpler times back then.    

Whirlwind began to lower his altitude as he approached the mountains, making sure not to be followed or to appear as a hostel to the NLR forces, he landed to the ground safely and continued to trot the the NLR camps. Once he got the the camp the guards were quick to holt his movement, NLR soldiers of different races (dogs, ponies, griffins) rushed down brushing there steel close to Whirlwinds neck.

"Holt there dog, what's you're business here" said the Dog solider, "i'm here to offer my assistance" Whirlwind replied avoiding his instinct to reach for his rapier "i was ordered to remove an SE general from the upcoming battle, but that is no longer the case so i'm hear to assist, that's all". the solider weren't believing what Whirlwind had to say until one of the Griffins noticed the letter in Whirlwinds pocket and grabbed it, "hmmm he's telling the truth" he said as he signaled to other to sheath there blades "mercenary, you free to enter the camp but you weapons remain with us for now until the general says other wise" said the Griffon.

"very well, but I keep my Rapier, it doesn't leave my side...... ever" Whirlwind replied relinquishing his gear to the solider and watched and the dogs ogled the crystal tips of his arrows, and keeping his blade at his side as the griffon gave him a glare followed by a nod " very well you may keep you sword, but if you draw it against any of my comrades i'll will cut you down".

the Pegasus gave a nod of kind gesture and entered the NLR camp.      

Edited by PonyEcho
  • Brohoof 1

The Twins Gemini were among those that managed to be rescued, not entirely unscathed, from that disasterous event that came from the hands of the very General they were protecting. Rag and Tag were lucky enough to escape with relatively minor burns, and although their flanks were badly scarred, obscuring their cutie marks, they were to be redeployed soon.

They appealed directly to the Princess, requesting to be sent to the undecided city of Baltimare. The fact that it was tactically important did not concern them as much as the fact that the city was the hometown, and current place of residence of their friend, Descant Beat. Descant was loyal to the city alone; if Baltimare threw its lot in with the Solar Empire, not only would the Twins be spared the agony of having to meet their greatest friend in the battlefield, they would gain an invaluable asset; Descant would be a very important resource for either side, a high priority target; and was completely unaware of his desirability  He could easily be one of the decisive forces in this war, being able to communicate and relay vital information from one part of a raging battlefield to another with his sonic magic. If they could secure his allegiance, with that of the City of Baltimare, they would have won a major victory for the Empire. 

Edited by Descant

Dead Eye

Dead eye stumbled backwards narrowly avoiding the what would be devastating blow of a solarian halberd,It caught his chest cutting the thin armor and cutting the skin. Dead eye stepped on the halberd and broke the handle, cutting down the pony wielding it. Dead Eye stopped and looked around him about twenty solarians lay dead and scattered. "That was to easy I didn't have to kill a single mage,where did they all go? This can't be good, I need to tell somepony." He ran to the mountain and up it to the opening in the face where the pegasus could land. He ran through the corridors till he reached the war room. He skidded to a halt and asked the gaurds to let him in so he could give the princes vital information about the battle outside. The gaurds looked him up and down Dead eye was covered in dirt and blood(not all of it his own). They looked at each other and asked for his weapons. He agreed and gave them his arms, they then allowed him in but not before calling out to luna that an informant form the battle outside was there. Dead Eye stepped in and bowed. "M' lady I have news on the battle."

(OOC: One more post til the Solars begin the destruction of Dragon Mountain. Giving y'all a warning this time, don't waste it.)

Princess Celestia:

The Princess had recieved the Rag Tag twins just as she was about to open a letter, supposedly from a Lt Vanguard of the Lunar Republic. Luckily for the sender, the courier responsible for its delivery had survived a brush with death whil en route. A border patrol had happened upon him, not seeing the flag of truce in time. The attack was already in process, when the timely action of the patrol's NCO halted what would have been an execution. The courier himself had the minor wounds that were inflicted there-in healed and given a money compensation for his trouble. After hearing their request for their next deployment, she thought the matter over.

Further reports of Lunar activity in the direction of Batlimare had been trickling in for the past while. Her own troops were hard pressed as it was, numerous units being drawn into the invasion of the Lunar Republic as it was. Finally, she gave her assent. "You shall be accompanied by a score of ponies, ten earth, five pegasus, and five unicorn. You are charged with the conversion of Baltimare to the Solar Kingdom and with preventing Lunar ambitions in the area. Nearly half a regiment, five hundred, are scattered across the area. They have orders to not directly engage the enemy and to sabotage in any manner they can. Your contact will be a Blacksmith, known to us as Col. Darkcopper, but under the alias of Hardiron. You will find him in the market square at his booth every day."

Dragon Mountain:

The earthworks were nearly complete, plotting a complicated multi layered rune across the Solar lines. Thus far the front was still holding, but time was growing short. Nearly sixty percent of the magical preparation was complete aswell. By now the vast majority of Solar Mages present were in magical enduced comas, their magic used to fuel the process. If seen from the air, it would be a slightly hazy scrabble of lines, as it would from the ground. But seperated, the layers formed five things: An eye, an arrow, a tongue of flame, a sun, and a semi-cliche bullseye. The eye was centered on the head of the arrow, which was pointing towards Dragon Mountain. The flame stretched from the eye to the feathers of the arrow. The arrow notch was centered in the middle of the bullseye. Finally, the entire thing was surrounded by a giant twelve pointed sun.

• Brohoof 1

Golden Age once again studied the enemie's position as best he could in the darkness of the night. "Perhaps they're playing Connect the Dots?" He said to himself sarcastically. "Those Solars are up to something, I just know it.  But what in Celestia is it? Some sort of magical spell?" Golden Age was completely absent of ideas of what the collection of lines could be, but if there was anything he learned about Steeleye, is that it has to be something bad.

He decided he would move his regiment's camp down the mountain a tad, to be safer from shelling or something even worse. Another thought entered his head, Vanguard. Where the hell was Vanguard? Surely it can't take an entire 24 hours to march from Los Pegasus to Dragon Mountain? He settled the matter by deciding if he wasn't here by tomorrow night, he would send a patrol back towards the valley.

Edited by HistoricallyInaccurate
  • Brohoof 1