Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Real Name on Youtube

wipergone2

I would never EVER use my full name on the Internet for two reasons:

1. It's unsafe to use your full name on a forum especially when you have Facebook because your Facebook pictures can be found on Google Images.

2. My surname is a double barrel one and I don't think they leave the best impression...

However I have no issue with using my first name, though that's obvious from my username. Yes, I am indeed called Tori :)

Edited by YesIAmTori

I havn't been able to go on youtube in a while cuz of my shitty computer so i was unaware of this. And i was shocked when i heard about it. So i went on Youtube again (the only reason i wouldn't go on is cuz my PC can't play videos at the moment so there was no point). But i didn't see a thing for me having to use my name. The only thing different i saw was i can't use my username to login. So sorry to be ignorant but where does it make you use your real name? When you comment or somethin'? idk this whole thing is still a shock to me and i really don't understand why Youtube (or should i say Google?) would do this.

I have to agree that YouTube's decision to basically force this full name thing on their website was a bad one. Thankfully I just ignored it and kept my old username.

I don't mind telling people my first name (Tim), or even my initials (since it's part of my username, TEC), but I'd never give out my entire name over the internet. That's crazy talk.

I use my first name on youtube, but not my last, and that's only because of the google+ integration forcing me to. I used to just use Brosparkles, but now it's Jake Brosparkles. Not that that changes much.

Well, that is why I am verrryyyy careful with my info on the internet. I don't even put up my first name or age...but stuff like your birthday or interests is pretty fine. 

> And because I don't like to take risks and that i'm a wimp in RL. Well, besides the fact I go on loop roller coasters.

Edited by Shift

I like it as you can use it to change your username. 

I used it to change my extremely embarrassing username to "Rarietty Czarina", as Youtube has no formal username change option. So for me, this turned out to be a good thing (for me at least) after all. As long as you don't already have a Google Plus account that's connected to your Youtube account, you can change your "name" to whatever you want (you need a first name and last name however.) 

Seriously, though, I don't get why you would use it for your real name. I never interact with anyone I know in real life on Youtube, so why should I feel the need to display personal information to strangers? Especially if you comment on videos...

I really didn't like this move.  Personal information is never something to give out, even if it is one's name.  I'd much prefer usernames.  They're much safer, and provide for a level of anonymity.  Information like this should only be given to those who you trust.