Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

First drum & bass song

Noctix

Hey everypony!

Here's the preview to my very first drum and bass track: Snowflake!

I've been making a lot of experimental songs to get the hang of things, but with this one I've got a good feeling it's actually gonne turn out to be something. The song revolves around the character 'Snowflake', or 'Roid Rage'. I find his character incredibly funny and the song is definitely gonna feature the 'YEEEAAAHHH' ;). While I was working I also found it to be a bit Christmas-like, so that fits the name even better :).

Snowflake.mp3

Feedback is much appreciated :D

Cheers!

• Brohoof 4

Wow, really cool so far, Liquid d'n'b I suppose? I think you might need a bit more percussion because there's not a-lot of moving parts so far, and you should filter the hats a bit. :)

I Really, REALLY love the intro, this could make a really good piece of music, can't wait for the finished one :D

• 2 weeks later...

Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Guys, halp me!

So I bought this new computer a few days ago and reinstalled all my programs I used on my old pc. This included FL Studio 10 with the Wow filter and the Massive plugin.

After reinstalling I wanted to continue on my song, but FL Studio gave a warning that the Massive plugin could not be found (even after refreshing the plugin browser and enabling Massive)... In other words: all my instruments for my song are now gone...

This made me cry. Very hard. No, just kidding I didn't have to cry, but this still sucks.

Does anypony know how to help me? I already browsed some others forums, but nopony there seems to know the answer.

Thanks a million guys.

After reinstalling I wanted to continue on my song, but FL Studio gave a warning that the Massive plugin could not be found (even after refreshing the plugin browser and enabling Massive)... In other words: all my instruments for my song are now gone...

Does anypony know how to help me? I already browsed some others forums, but nopony there seems to know the answer.

That's pretty harsh :/

Can you find the .dll file for Massive? This hasn't happened to me before, but maybe if you overwrite the .dll in your "FL Studio 10 Plugins" directory, it could clear itself up. But I'm not too experienced with FL, so I really have no idea, sorry :(

The track sounds pretty cool, though. I don't listen to much DnB, but I really like where it's going. If it were up to me, I'd probably make the drums come in a little more gradually, starting with just a simple kick beat to drive it, and then build it up from there :)

May I ask what you're using for drum sounds? I've been struggling like anything to find a snare that sounds like that, and I can't make anything that comes close xD

That's pretty harsh :/ Can you find the .dll file for Massive? This hasn't happened to me before, but maybe if you overwrite the .dll in your "FL Studio 10 Plugins" directory, it could clear itself up. But I'm not too experienced with FL, so I really have no idea, sorry

Yeah I did that :(. Reinstalled Massive but it still gave the error... Ah well, I only have to remake the synths, so I should be able to fix it :).

The track sounds pretty cool, though. I don't listen to much DnB, but I really like where it's going. If it were up to me, I'd probably make the drums come in a little more gradually, starting with just a simple kick beat to drive it, and then build it up from there

Thanks for the feedback ^^

May I ask what you're using for drum sounds? I've been struggling like anything to find a snare that sounds like that, and I can't make anything that comes close xD

Well, right now I just took the standard samples from FL. Some of them sound pretty good to be honest, but I'm planning on recording the drums and hats from an actual pair of drums from a friend of mine.