Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Christian bronies: meet, greet, and mingle!

Zach TheDane

I have such a bittersweet relationship with this fandom now.

I can't help but feel like the show is Satanic.

How so? The things unicorns practice would be classified as a god-given talent if they were people.

I go to church regularly, but I prefer to got to a Bible study than attend worship service because you can speak your mind in a study

• Brohoof 1

How in all of Equestria is MLP Satanic? If anything, it's the opposite; the lessons the Bible teaches are one and the same with that of what the show does

• Brohoof 4

• 4 weeks later...

I've had connections with Islam and Christianity, but currently I identify as an atheist :)

It's true, many elements in this show seem satanic, but is that really a bad thing? Satanism is all about freedom, enjoying your life and having respect for all living things. It's not so evil as people would assume. And besides, the shows you watch don't determin what religious beliefs you have.

How in all of Equestria is MLP Satanic? If anything, it's the opposite; the lessons the Bible teaches are one and the same with that of what the show does

In fact, he's kind of right. The show contains pagan references, witchcraft and symbols considered by christians to be satanic.

• Brohoof 1

All you Christian buddies are free to add me as a friend if you wish. I'm a Reformed Presbyterian.

Welcome back into the fold my friend. What caused you to come back?

I've had connections with Islam and Christianity, but currently I identify as an atheist :)

It's true, many elements in this show seem satanic, but is that really a bad thing? Satanism is all about freedom, enjoying your life and having respect for all living things. It's not so evil as people would assume. And besides, the shows you watch don't determin what religious beliefs you have.

In fact, he's kind of right. The show contains pagan references, witchcraft and symbols considered by christians to be satanic.

True, but symbols can only mean as much power as you give them. Ideas, on the other hoof, have power all on their own. The show teaches very Christian messages, regardless of what context they choose to portray it with.

You're also right about Satanism being about personal freedom. While I'm not going to lie and say I don't find the idea a tad disquieting, I'm certainly not going to say you can't worship whomever you choose, including yourself.

How so? The things unicorns practice would be classified as a god-given talent if they were people.

I go to church regularly, but I prefer to got to a Bible study than attend worship service because you can speak your mind in a study

Pay that stallion no heed my friends, if he isn't a troll, I'd be greatly surprised. He started a thread with those exact words and never re-posted in defense of the claim. I had an extended conversation with him, in which he never once gave a solid defense to that claim.

EVERYTHING contains pagan messages if you are technical. Christmas and Easter were both holidays filled with paganistic beliefs but I still watch Christmas, Easter, Halloween, etc. episodes of TV shows. I have seen no symbol of Satanism in FiM. Satanism is worshipping the king of evil, so yes it too is evil. Freedom is the choice to do what is wrong or right, a choice that already exists in all of humanity. True freedom is restricted to a point.

God would not have allowed me to become a brony and meet my perfect match here if he wasn't okay with it.

EVERYTHING contains pagan messages if you are technical. Christmas and Easter were both holidays filled with paganistic beliefs but I still watch Christmas, Easter, Halloween, etc. episodes of TV shows. I have seen no symbol of Satanism in FiM. Satanism is worshipping the king of evil, so yes it too is evil. Freedom is the choice to do what is wrong or right, a choice that already exists in all of humanity. True freedom is restricted to a point.

God would not have allowed me to become a brony and meet my perfect match here if he wasn't okay with it.

Yeah, I'm so sick of people trying to make me feel bad for every little thing I watch!

• Brohoof 1

I guess you could consider me one, but I dislike talking about it because of some Christians' view on certain things (such as the LGBT community). I think that God loves everyone no matter what they identify themselves as, including bronies. We are all created in God's image, with different qualities that make us unique (such as my support, and status in the LGBT world).

I may not be the best practicing Christian either, I don't really actively read the Bible, but that could be a good start. :)

I guess you could consider me one, but I dislike talking about it because of some Christians' view on certain things (such as the LGBT community). I think that God loves everyone no matter what they identify themselves as, including bronies. We are all created in God's image, with different qualities that make us unique (such as my support, and status in the LGBT world).

I may not be the best practicing Christian either, I don't really actively read the Bible, but that could be a good start. :)

Let me start by saying one thing; you cannot actively support homosexuality and still claim Christianity. The two cancel one another out. The Bible, the ultimate source of the Christian's Beliefs, and likely the Book of Mormon as well amongst Mormon Christians (I can't speak for that so much as I am not Mormon) say that homosexuality is a sinful practice. Both Old and New Testaments alike say this, and Yeshua (Jesus) said it himself that it is a sinful thing, a sickening act. I don't hate gays, I love the sinner and hate the sin. I'm only doing what my God, the one true God, tells me to do. You cannot be a Christian and still support homosexuality. You also should read the Bible more.

Let me start by saying one thing; you cannot actively support homosexuality and still claim Christianity. The two cancel one another out. The Bible, the ultimate source of the Christian's Beliefs, and likely the Book of Mormon as well amongst Mormon Christians (I can't speak for that so much as I am not Mormon) say that homosexuality is a sinful practice. Both Old and New Testaments alike say this, and Yeshua (Jesus) said it himself that it is a sinful thing, a sickening act. I don't hate gays, I love the sinner and hate the sin. I'm only doing what my God, the one true God, tells me to do. You cannot be a Christian and still support homosexuality. You also should read the Bible more.

Good point.

I guess you could say I support Christian beliefs and attitudes, as I am very friendly and accepting to everyone no matter what. I guess that's what I was trying to say all along.

• Brohoof 2

There's a lot of things that you can't do  if you're christian then.  anything before marriage, divorce, being assaulted as a woman, many more.  so if any of that happens, you can't be a christian, by your logic.

i agree it really doesnt matter your religion  but i dont think the show is what you would call Satanic i mean look how many christians there are who like the show. As far as magic goes i play MTG, WoW, DDO and alot more its all entertainment i highly doubt we can call the show in general satanic.

There's a lot of things that you can't do  if you're christian then.  anything before marriage, divorce, being assaulted as a woman, many more.  so if any of that happens, you can't be a christian, by your logic.

I don't intend to engage in  sexual activity until after marriage. Divorce is not technically a problem by the Bible. Being assaulted by a woman? Just where did that come from.

Forgiveness exists, though. But if you just go and keep doing the same thing it is useless.

• Brohoof 1

I don't intend to engage in  sexual activity until after marriage. Divorce is not technically a problem by the Bible. Being assaulted by a woman? Just where did that come from.

Forgiveness exists, though. But if you just go and keep doing the same thing it is useless.

AS a woman, not by a woman.  Rape victims have to be stoned.  You can sell your daughter off as a slave, stuff like that the bible says are ok and even required.

AS a woman, not by a woman.  Rape victims have to be stoned.  You can sell your daughter off as a slave, stuff like that the bible says are ok and even required.

The Bible flat-out says it's the rapists' fault, not the victims'!

• Brohoof 3

All of that was taken out of the law when Jesus died for sin. I also believe that the raping, slave trade, and several others were rules instituted by man, not by God.

Homosexuality, on the other hand, is still a sin. Read your Bible (and not the versions the LGBT community translated/made for themselves) and you'll find what is and is not acceptable.

• Brohoof 2

Just wanted to share with everyone here that if you haven't heard of Ravi Zacharias yet, check him out. He's a Doctor in philosophy and a Christian apologist. Very reational and logical individual who holds often open dialogs with David Berlinski, Richard Dawkins, and others.

• Brohoof 1

Just wanted to share with everyone here that if you haven't heard of Ravi Zacharias yet, check him out. He's a Doctor in philosophy and a Christian apologist. Very reational and logical individual who holds often open dialogs with David Berlinski, Richard Dawkins, and others.

Good man. I've heard some of his work.

If it's evil or not, depends on what the word evil means to you. To an atheist like me, evil means things like rape, murder, opression, racism, environmental crimes and so on. Homosexuality, for example, is considered to be evil in christianity, even though it doesn't harm anybody. Just be aware that not everybody shares your beliefs.