top 5 fanfics?

noplsno

I have not read My Little Dashie, and I heard so many great things about it I am not entirely sure I want to,,, Is it actually sad at all?

It's not a bad fanfic, but it's not the master piece people say it is. Now is it sad? well, yes but that's due to it becoming a tearjerker at the end. I would honestly recommend it, only if you had the time to spare.

• Brohoof 1

I have not read My Little Dashie, and I heard so many great things about it I am not entirely sure I want to,,, Is it actually sad at all?

IT is amazing, I don't think its overrated. I loved it, Heart warming story, heart breaking as well(at the end). It was written very well, and since the story doesn't give you much information about the main character, you brain implies it to be you. The writer is did a magnificent job. I recommend reading it!

#1: My Little Timelord

#2: I Forgot I Was There

#3: Fell Into the Right Hooves

#4: Arrow 18 Mission Logs

#5: Retired to Equestria

Op, if you tell us what your tastes are we could give you better recommendations than whatever happens to be our own top five.

well. I loved my little dashie, and how it was written, I like the specific genre it was written in, really cheesy, really sad. I don't know why, but the way it was written ticked something in me

well. I loved my little dashie, and how it was written, I like the specific genre it was written in, really cheesy, really sad. I don't know why, but the way it was written ticked something in me

Well then, if you weren't aware of it already, the same author who wrote My Little Dashie also wrote an equally (if not more in my humble opinion) heartwarming and tear inducing story,  Dreaming With Ponies. If you haven't read it already, I suggest doing so. Bit of fair warning though: it is recommended on having a box of tissues on hand before reading. Trust me.

I have to return to say that I've not a clue why My Little Dashie is being made out to be absolutely incredibly amazingly super-duper tears-flooding-the-room fantastic. It's not! Everything about it seemed quite set up, and Dashie's departure just brimmed with trying too hard to make something feel heartfelt. Nothing clicked for me in that story, it didn't flow right. Concept was great, choice of pony was great. But execution? Nothing special at all. They didn't dip the idea in some light caramel, they drenched it, and the flavour disappeared.

Now I've just found out they're making a movie of it. There isn't even enough what if you replaced every grain of sand on Earth with it. This fimfiction isn't just overrated, it's downright brainwashing.

Edited by Flipturn
  • Brohoof 2

Every time it's My Little Dashie, so be it...

1- Somewhere only we know

2- Across The Universe

3- On A Cross and Arrow

4- The Kindness of Strangers

5- Past Sins

I almost don't want to mention Past Sins, but it might actually be the only other fiction in this fandom that can be compared to MLD. Not to mention it was one first fanfics I read back in 2011.

HOW could I possibly forget On A Cross and Arrow? I was so sad that that story ended...the only other fic that I've felt that way about is Fallout: Equestria. Y'know, those stories that you're both happy to have finished, but sad that you can't go back and relive the excitement of reading it for the first time.

• Brohoof 1

1.) Treating her Right - A fantastic ApplexDash Ship...just so sweet.

2.)Harbinger - A great adventure that takes so many beloved character though hell and back. one of the best ones I've ever read.

3.) On the Wings of Sacrifice - Its uncomplete but active...I never cried so hard over a Fim fic in all my life.

None other ones really stand out but if I think of them more, I will let you know.

What is this threads opinion towards clopfics? I know that some who do not clop may still enjoy a well written fic. What do you guys think about mane 6 clopfics?

A story is a story is a story is a story. /Scott Pilgrim reference

If it's well written, I don't care either way. Although, clopfics tend to follow a formulaic plot...

You read Winning Pony too? That's awesome! I could have sworn I was the only one on the forum :). Cloud Kicker is best background pony.

You misspelled "Blossomforth" - she's best background pony :)

And I've not only read it, I've drawn several vectored scenes from that story. 

(Also planning on drawing a scene from "Moonstone" at some point, but I have no idea how to do the composition)

You misspelled "Blossomforth" - she's best background pony :)

And I've not only read it, I've drawn several vectored scenes from that story.

(Also planning on drawing a scene from "Moonstone" at some point, but I have no idea how to do the composition)

Whoa, are you the guy who draws everything for it? If you are then hats off to you :).

Blossom is my second favorite, I'm still pulling for her to win in the end.

Good luck with your next scene!

Whoa, are you the guy who draws everything for it? If you are then hats off to you :).

Blossom is my second favorite, I'm still pulling for her to win in the end.

Good luck with your next scene!

No, I think you're referring to Inuhoshi - she's drawn the bulk majority of Winning Pony/Winningverse art. I've only drawn two so far, but I'm working on a third.

Though the sheer amount of fanart that the story's attracted (well over a dozen images from about a half dozen artists) should be testament enough to how great that fic is.

• Brohoof 1