Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

top 5 fanfics?

noplsno

I gotta say that some fanfics are amazing and definity leave a  puddle of water on my desk, Sometimes, I especially loved "my little dashie". Can anyone name some fanfics for me to check out? gladly appreciated.

I would also appreciate leaving the word "cupcake" out of this conversation.

how 'bout it! name some of your favorite fanfics on this forum post and I will surly check them out!

( sorry if this is in the wrong section, still getting use to this forum. Please don't hesitate to move this forum post to a different section if needed :D )

1. My Little Dashie: Heartwarming story.

2. Discordant: My favorite Discord fic. It's awesome to see him slowly bring Scootaloo to his way of thinking. (You should read this, ~Chaotic Discord~)

3. Fallout: Equestria: An excellent parody of Fallout.

4. Time Lords and Terror: A very good Doctor Whooves fic, keeping true to all the episodes.

5. The Mysterious Doctor: Another great Doctor fic, but the author adds a few of his own elements to the story.

• Brohoof 1

Rainbow Factory was the most powerful and well-written, although I actually hate the application of grimdark to MLP (remind me to never read another one).

Personally speaking, My Little Dashie is very over-rated. I'll give that it was decently written and was touching, but I felt like it was trying too hard.

I haven't read enough fimfiction to devise a top 5, but I know my favourite is The Elements of Gaming. It was so superbly humorous, awesomely written and got the whole "human technology in Equestria" aspect bang-on. If you want the laugh of a lifetime, it's not just a must, it's a must sandwich with must lettuce, sprinkled with must powder and fried in must oil.

Edited by Flipturn

Only five? That's way too little to name all my favorite fanfics! Hmm...this might take a minute...

1. The Light in the Darkness  Originally written as a cure for "That Fic That Must Not Be Named", this is still one of the most heartwarming fics I have read even a year later.

2. The Masks We Wear A great fic that adds some wonderful characterization between Twilight and Rainbow 

3. A New Breed Essentially MLP meets superhero comics, with countless characters being subtle shout-outs to actual well known superheroes like Iron man and Nightcrawler to name a few.  

4. Running From Myself Twilight has a hard time running from her past when two familiar faces from her fillyhood days show up and drag up some painful memories...

5. Crisis: Equestria

Due to a temporal accident, the Mane 6 are transported to a parallel universe and now are on a race against time to get back home. Also features a group of warped Mane 6 evil clones. 

• Brohoof 1

Murr, too lazy to find links. In no particular order...

A Dash of Apple - An Appledash shipping that I find charming and witty.

Fallout: Equestria - because who doesn't love radioactive ponies?  :wub: 

The Unexpected Love Life of Dusk Shine - I've never laughed so hard at a romance fic.

The Incredibly Dense Mind of Rainbow Dash - again, another cute Pinkie/Dash shipping.

The Battle of Fort Book - just some excellent writing and storytelling in a very quick read.

• Brohoof 1

The only fanfic I've ever read was My Little Dashie, and that's it. So if I had to choose my favorite fanfic, I guess it would be that. 

I'll return when I've read some more, I guess.

1.) A study in Humanity

2.) A study in Humanity

3.) A study in Humanity

4.) A study in Humanity

5.) A study in Humanity

And I'm not at all saying that because I wrote it either. Although it's on the mature side of the fanfic spectrum so I can't recommend it to readers under 18.

Edited by Harmonic Revelations

I've only read two fanfics worth mentioning: "My Little Dashie" and "In Another Land". The former- like I need to say anything. Simply put it, MLD was incredible. As for the latter, it was the first HiE fic I read early on in the fandom, so I have a soft spot for it.

Cupcakes

Rainbow factory

Sweet Apple Massacre

Trixie's Funhouse

Cupcakes

Cupcakes

Cupcakes

After finishing this list you will truly be thinking like a sociopath!

Hey wait a minute... 1.. 2.. 3.. THATS 7 YOU WERE ONLY ASKED 5!

Anyways My top 5 (in no particular order) are most like these.

All good things (By Wheller) Definately my absolute favorite fan fic EVER. It's basically about an ancient evil that has been dormant for centuries since celestia banished luna to the moon. It's all about how twilight and rainbow dash fight against this evil. (You really should just read it I'm not good at describing things XD) It is a grimdark fic but it's not a slasher all about blood and gore since those arent grimdark. And I will warn you there is some gore (fairly light) and sexual content in it at times.

as for the other 4

bonds of eternity. This is the sequal to the All good things series and its just as good it introduces new characters new enemy's and some back stories ;)

Ashes to Ashes. Again a sequal this one to the bonds of eternity. Not much to say about it. It's just as good as the other two and its more about the end of things and getting back to a normall life.

The Brony International Gaurd. It's a fairly funny fic about what happens if a ton of bronies come to equestria and dedicate themselves to helping their favorite ponies.

Yep those are my favorite fics.

All good things series link (Note: That links to the last chapter of the final sequal. but it holds the links to all previous chapters of its prequals.)

1. My Little Dashie

2. Fallout: Equestria

3. Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons

4. Fallout Equestria: Pink Eyes (The tears man, the tears. :( )

5. Fallout Equestria:  Heros.

I really do enjoy the Fallout series and it is great with how much it went into detail with parodying Fallout and it themes. I dunno, I guess I have a thing for tragic heros overcoming personal deamons and previous failures.

1: The Games We Play by AbsoluteAnonymous

2: The Life and Times of A Winning Pony by Chengar Qordath ( and all its side stories)

3: Rainbooms and Royalty by Trinary ( and its sequels)

4: Where Your Heart Is by Cloudy Skies ( best shipfic of ALL TIME in my opinion)

5: Tie between

Magnetism by Souldin ( contender for best shipfic) and Naked Singularity by Cold in Gardez ( most awkward story of all time)

Life and Times of a Winning Pony (link - in progress)

Cloud Kicker leads a very wild, shameless, crazy life which is practically just one adult situation after another, while her best friend Blossomforth is pretty much the exact opposite. This fic is hilarious, emotional, moving, and deep. It has excellent characterization of two ponies who are more or less are otherwise ignored by the fandom, and has built up a very nice collection of side stories surrounding the fic.

The Moonstone Cup (link)

Twilight Sparkle is invited to participate in the "Moonstone Tournament", a competition of the greatest magical users in the world (unicorn, dragon, griffion, etc). This story has the best action scenes I've seen in a fanfic - they are beautifully woven, fast paced, and full of excitement.

A Shower of Stars (link)

An half-forgotten plot of distruction starteed by Nightmare Moon threatens Equestria, and no longer being her former evil self, Luna is powerless to stop it, leaving it up to Rainbow Dash and the Wonderbolts to save Equestria. This is a very beautiful and moving story, and has great character development on Rainbows behalf.

The Wind Thief (link)

A semi-Skyrim crossover where Twilight and Sly (OC) are sent on a quest into a crypt to recover an ancient relic which has the power to grant a single wish, intending to use it as a way to rid Equestria of dragons who are devastating the land. Great action and character development, and I love the spooky tone of exploring an ancient crypt.

A Bluebird's Song (link)

Twilight makes a discovery about pegasus flight which ends up attracting some very unwelcome attention from an evil organization. A great adventure story with lots of relationship building and several pleasant surprises. 

• Brohoof 1

Life and Times of a Winning Pony (link - in progress)

Cloud Kicker leads a very wild, shameless, crazy life which is practically just one adult situation after another, while her best friend Blossomforth is pretty much the exact opposite. This fic is hilarious, emotional, moving, and deep. It has excellent characterization of two ponies who are more or less are otherwise ignored by the fandom, and has built up a very nice collection of side stories surrounding the fic.

You read Winning Pony too? That's awesome! I could have sworn I was the only one on the forum :). Cloud Kicker is best background pony.

• Brohoof 1

I can't give you 5 bcause at the moment I've only done one of the fanfic but

is fantastic and if you get the chance listen to CrazedRamblings reading of it on youtube... I won't lie it'll take you about 1/2 a month to listen to it all if you listen to an capter or two a day. Edited by Fridge

ok well i am in love with the fic "tangled roots" by bad_seed_72

also the series by cerulean1313, the first one is tears in the snow

also i love my room mate is a vampire, Dennis the Menace

and Rainbow factory!!

I gotta say that some fanfics are amazing and definity leave a  puddle of water on my desk, Sometimes, I especially loved "my little dashie". Can anyone name some fanfics for me to check out? gladly appreciated.

I would also appreciate leaving the word "cupcake" out of this conversation.

how 'bout it! name some of your favorite fanfics on this forum post and I will surly check them out!

( sorry if this is in the wrong section, still getting use to this forum. Please don't hesitate to move this forum post to a different section if needed :D )

Do clopfics count? I am counting clopfics

1: Naked Singularity: Event Horizon of Lust (not what it sounds like, it is beyond freaking hilarious)

That is literally the best fanfic ever written, I pinkie pie promise you

• Brohoof 1

Do clopfics count? I am counting clopfics

1: Naked Singularity: Event Horizon of Lust (not what it sounds like, it is beyond freaking hilarious)

That is literally the best fanfic ever written, I pinkie pie promise you

I loved that one too! I wouldn't technically count it as a clopfic though, since nothing of that nature really happens throughout the story. What Twilight wrote would certainly qualify though :). Prism Slash is best stallion.

• Brohoof 1

I loved that one too! I wouldn't technically count it as a clopfic though, since nothing of that nature really happens throughout the story. What Twilight wrote would certainly qualify though :). Prism Slash is best stallion.

Oh I was going to include other clopfics but decided against it XD And yes, it is one of my favorite fanfics so far, and was incredibly well written. I swear that is exactly how twilight would have written it. Rainbow Dash wanted that stallion, and she knowsss it... Keep her away from the cloning pool

• Brohoof 1

Every time it's My Little Dashie, so be it...

1- Somewhere only we know

2- Across The Universe

3- On A Cross and Arrow

4- The Kindness of Strangers

5- Past Sins

I almost don't want to mention Past Sins, but it might actually be the only other fiction in this fandom that can be compared to MLD. Not to mention it was one first fanfics I read back in 2011.

Edited by SrFrog

Every time it's My Little Dashie, so be it...

1- Somewhere only we know

2- Across The Universe

3- On A Cross and Arrow

4- The Kindness of Strangers

5- Past Sins

I almost don't want to mention Past Sins, but it might actually be the only other fiction in this fandom that can be compared to MLD. Not to mention it was one first fanfics I read back in 2011.

I have not read My Little Dashie, and I heard so many great things about it I am not entirely sure I want to,,, Is it actually sad at all?

- Fallout Equestria

- Fallout Equestria

- Fallout Equestria

- Rainbow Factory

- Cupcakes

No, really, Fallout Equestria is pretty amazing. 2034 pages? Really? That's more than any book I've read before in my life.