Is AJ getting too much screen time?

LittleSis

That's because Twilight is the main character. I know we've all become accustomed to the Mane 6 all being considered equals, but at the end of the day, the show is about Twilight (or at least was about Twilight). It kinda explains why Twilight has been in 65 out of the 71 episodes so far, and has played an important part in almost every one.

Though, if you go by appearances in episodes alone, Applejack has been in more episodes than any of the other characters in the entire show (safe for Princess Celestia who is at least mentioned in every episode but two.

Read it and weep fillies and gentlecolts, the stats don't lie:

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Character_appearances

I didn't say Twilight should be toned down, and I didn't ignore that Twilight was the main character. Also, we're not talking about appearances, because that includes appearing in the background. Applejack has been the star of a smaller amount of episodes than any of the ponies. She deserves more.

P.S: 61 episodes have aired, not 71

Edited by PrymeStriker

After seeing lots and lots of of threads of people complaining about Applejack's lack of popularity and screen time, now I see people complaining about her getting way too much attention... Seriously? :huh:

Yes, she is the least popular character of the mane 6 (but not the least popular of the whole series, that title goes to another character), mostly because she doesn't have any over the top quirkiness like the other ponies, but despite that, I love Applejack, she is a very modest and down to earth character. I loved all her appearances in season 3 so far, since they really showcase the best of her, but a character is not good without flaws, and that's something that Applejack lacks, however the Apple's family reunion episode gave us more about that and that's great, she needs more episodes like that one and that will make her character more popular I think  :)

Edited by dreaper

I didn't say Twilight should be toned down, and I didn't ignore that Twilight was the main character. Also, we're not talking about appearances, because that includes appearing in the background. Applejack has been the star of a smaller amount of episodes than any of the ponies. She deserves more.

P.S: 61 episodes have aired, not 71

Ignore me, I can't math today. XD

But, the question was "Is AJ getting too much screentime". While I believe it's impossible for anypony to have to much screentime, AJ factually has gotten the most.

Allow me to beg your indulgence, for just one moment.  It's my firm belief that AJ's seemingly abundant screen time in S3 is long overdue, compared to her past appearances in the first two seasons.

In S1, she arguably has one episode completely centered around her (Applebuck Season), and three episodes where she shares the story's focus (Look Before You Sleep, Fall Weather Friends, Over A Barrell).  I'm excluding any other episode where she may have made a brief appearance;  safe to say those don't count.

Then, in S2, she plays a somewhat minor roll in "Sisterhooves Social", and less of a minor roll in "Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000".   And then there's "The Last Round Up", where it seems the fandom will forever remember that episode for Derpy, and not AJ  :(

Sigh, the fan boy inside me wants to say she should get even moar screen time, but that would be unfair.  All I can say is that it is good to be an AJ fan in S3.

Edited by Halfblood
  • Brohoof 1

Oh god damn it.

Really?

I like this community, but FUCK, it's never good is it? One moment AJ doesn't get enough screen time, then she gets too much, and every episode in season 3 is gonna ruin the series, but it's the best episode yet when it gets released.

You guys don't know what you want do you?

• Brohoof 1

I really like that we are finally seeing AJ actually getting her own episode, that nopony steals from her, but now I think they are going a little overboard. All we see is AJ anymore! And isn't the show actually based on how Twilight Sparkle gains friendship and knowledge?  :huh: