Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

artwork help

AskTheLostAngel

hey im new to this forum and i was hoping someone could help me with a question involving the show sorta 

in the show i know after the 1st 2 episodes i was curious to if nightmare moon's(evil luna) image appears on the moon still i haven't really watched to check and rather then do the ultimate brony challenge or try to type nightmare moon image after episode one into Google which is rather pointless i was hoping someone would help me ... and before someone asks why id request for this its because Im starting one of my many to come backgrounds (hopefully) and while drawing ... Im doing a night seen for my ask pony tumbler aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand i've kinda hit a wall cause idk if its normal moon or not ... thanks to who ever can answer my question  oh also does anyone have any ideas on how to draw a good moon or maybe just put a cloud infront of it ... any ideas?

Edited by AskTheLostAngel

First of all, welcome to the forum; I hope you enjoy yourself here!

Now, onto your question.  As far as I can recall, once Nightmare Moon is freed, the silhouetted image is gone and it is a normal moon from that point on.  For drawing a moon, I would simply suggest looking up some images of the moon and using those as references for your drawing.  Even if you do not wish to delve that deeply into detail, it will still give you a solid starting point.  Or you could just draw a circle and add some spots for craters.  That would work too, I suppose.

Anyway, best of luck to you on your tumbler!

I'm pretty sure it went back to normal after she escaped, and other than on special occasions*, it would just be a normal moon. I don't think there has ever been a non-full moon in the show though, although I'm not sure, but you may want to draw it as a full moon to be on the safe side.

*In Scootaloos nightmare Lunas (normal... mode) silhoutte was on the moon:

q9lfL.png

Good luck!