Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

K_Cast

This is sure an interesting project I would like to see come to light in the future. My only worry is that somehow someway the entire production goes sour. Maybe I'm just a bit cynical when it comes to that. I'll keep on looking at this thread from time to time though.

Dont worry to much on that, there are back up plans in place incase that does happen, not much will be lost in the end really. Just wanted to try to do it here in MLP first show hasbro what they can do with their own brands, rather then continuing to rebrand and remake things.

Thanks for the support

Just now, TwilySparky said:

This is sure an interesting project I would like to see come to light in the future. My only worry is that somehow someway the entire production goes sour. Maybe I'm just a bit cynical when it comes to that. I'll keep on looking at this thread from time to time though.

• Brohoof 1

Let's stay 100% on topic here. No more discussing your projects this is about a current fandom project. Continue to ignore this request will result in you being kicked from this topic. If you want to discuss C&D's in the past please use one of the many threads in Sugarcube Corner to do so. 

• Brohoof 3

On 10/12/2018 at 3:59 PM, K_Cast said:

Dont worry to much on that, there are back up plans in place incase that does happen, not much will be lost in the end really. Just wanted to try to do it here in MLP first show hasbro what they can do with their own brands, e rather then continuing to rebrand and remake things.

Thanks for the support

Its nice to see more people join your team voice Actors, animation artist, and even popular fan made charecters.

however, how many more months or years is it going to be. before you get an official Response from Hasbro?

true the staff and higher ups love what you are all doing, however your production went through many stages.

the sudden buy from disney, where you had depleyed staff and the future of ET was uncertan.

To the last minute hasbro scrapped the sale of mlp to disney, you regroup the team to continue On.

to a breach you had from within your own team, content got leaked, and production was on a stand still.

This has been in the works for 7 years now going on 8 haw many More years would you have to endure, until an offical answer is given About the Future of the Project With Hasbro?

Edited by RaphLuna

On 10/12/2018 at 1:22 PM, K_Cast said:

Announcement 2 of the last few days, things are really starting to pick up.

Would like to announce the casting of two characters for the Eqt series who will make an appearance, one will be in he pilot, and the other down the road.

First up is Jeremy Irons, who voiced characters such as Scar in the Lion King.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000460/

Jeremy has been in the business for many years, and will be joining as Lord Sombra later in the series.

Secondly we are working and close to signing Patrick Stewart for the role of Star Swirl the Bearded. 

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001772/

Lastly we are working on bringing Patrick Warburton into the cast to play an original character to the show, he is most known for playing Kronk in The Emperors New Groove, we are going to have him reprise a similar side kick character in the story of Eqt.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0911320/?ref_=tt_cl_t4

These crew are in talks, one near final, one will be signed soon. This is just part of the quality that our production intends to bring into the MLP universe, partly why its taking so long to get animation and that kind of content out, we want to make sure this is the best product it can be.

More updates to come as they come.

Thanks everypony

I'm honestly speechless seeing this. Patrick Warburton... Jeremy Irons... Patrick buckin' Stewart... this is amazing. :awed:

And, of course, Snowdrop will be canon in Equestrian Tales. This is all a dream come true.

Well done. :ticking:

• Brohoof 1

This is the very last I will ever reply on this topic as I have covered it several times and we are committed to the end game here, no matter what it is.

To try to answer, we have spent all this time not just working on this one production, yes we started this studio 7 almost 8 years ago now, but this production has only been in development for around 2 years, animation takes a lot of time and careful planning to make a product worth a companies attention. We have also spent all this time building a bridge between us and Hasbro so a pitch and idea like this might be easier to get through, and we are almost there.

If you think FiM took a week to plan you might want to talk to Lauren about that. These things do not happen over night, and we are doing everything within reason to get this approved. Every production goes through these stages, they evolve and grow as the need and teams abilities grow. Once again go back and look at the pitch bible for FiM, yes a lot ended up in the show, but much of it has changed and evolved, even before the show aired, thats a very normal thing. Also this will change more once Hasbro does get involved as they will have changes for us as well.  

We have been given a road map to follow by not only hasbro but others on how to do this, and we have been following it to the letter, we have had some issues in the past, but frankly Hasbro is a very worth while company, and if we did think so we would be pushing forward with it.

In the mean time we have productions on there way right now, one that will be shown in 2 weeks at Ciderfest. 

6 hours ago, RaphLuna said:

Its nice to see more people join your team voice Actors, animation artist, and even popular fan made charecters.

however, how many more months or years is it going to be. before you get an official Response from Hasbro?

true the staff and higher ups love what you are all doing, however your production went through many stages.

the sudden buy from disney, where you had depleyed staff and the future of ET was uncertan.

To the last minute hasbro scrapped the sale of mlp to disney, you regroup the team to continue On.

to a breach you had from within your own team, content got leaked, and production was on a stand still.

This has been in the works for 7 years now going on 8 haw many More years would you have to endure, until an offical answer is given About the Future of the Project With Hasbro?

I'm gonna say, this is getting more and more ambitious by the day. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing a taste of the results when you show them at CF. Or, y'know, after, since I'm not gonna be there. But you know what I mean.

38 minutes ago, K_Cast said:

In the mean time we have productions on there way right now, one that will be shown in 2 weeks at Ciderfest.

will we get to see it here aswel after it debuts there? ciderfest is kinda too far for me to attend

I will for sure be putting it here, I would be this weekend if not for a coding issue, this animation relates to Sunset Shimmer. But its being used to show what the team can do, what a lot of the elements of Eqt will look like on screen, and frankly be a lot of fun. It is similar in design to Luna's Determination another one of our productions.

1 hour ago, Trix or Treat? said:

will we get to see it here aswel after it debuts there? ciderfest is kinda too far for me to attend

1 hour ago, Quinch said:

I'm gonna say, this is getting more and more ambitious by the day. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing a taste of the results when you show them at CF. Or, y'know, after, since I'm not gonna be there. But you know what I mean.

• 3 weeks later...

The Equestrian Tales team would like to wish you all a happy and fun Nightmare Night,

we'd also like to take this time to welcome two returning members, Skybolt, and Screwloose. Welcome back to the team, we have missed you so much!

In other news we are a step closer to making this dream a reality, we have reached out to a toy manufacture for an upcoming project that will be announced as soon as we are ready, but here is a sneak peek! 

Big thanks to the crew who has been working on these plushies! They stand 12 inches tall, and will be available for an upcoming release, and give away. Stay tuned for more information on this.

Also added their character sheets for referance, what do ya think?

With this we'd to announce an Indiegogo Campaign currently being built, these toys are only one part of this and will not be nearly as pricey as people might think, we will also be giving some out at up coming conventions at panels our studio is part of, stay tuned for updates on that as well.

These are the first of many items being built for an Indiegogo to complete the pilot episode, a full music album (cd/vinyl/download) is being created, an art book, patches, sheet music, studio artwork, animation cels, figures, and so much more. Tried to get a little something for everyone into this. We will be making an official announcement as soon as things are ready to go.

Thank you every pony for all your support and wonderful comments, you have kept us going through dark times, and if not for you we wouldnt still be here.

Cheers and pony on!

Pink Pony6.jpeg

Pink Pony5.jpg

Pink Pony4.jpg

Pony1.jpg

Pony3.jpg

Pony2.jpg

Pink Pony3.jpg

173EE950-C6E6-4D2F-9797-599085145A1E-image[1].png

Tall Tales.png

Ink Heart.png

• Brohoof 4

2 hours ago, K_Cast said:

The Equestrian Tales team would like to wish you all a happy and fun Nightmare Night,

we'd also like to take this time to welcome two returning members, Skybolt, and Screwloose. Welcome back to the team, we have missed you so much!

In other news we are a step closer to making this dream a reality, we have reached out to a toy manufacture for an upcoming project that will be announced as soon as we are ready, but here is a sneak peek! 

Big thanks to the crew who has been working on these plushies! They stand 12 inches tall, and will be available for an upcoming release, and give away. Stay tuned for more information on this.

Also added their character sheets for referance, what do ya think?

With this we'd to announce an Indiegogo Campaign currently being built, these toys are only one part of this and will not be nearly as pricey as people might think, we will also be giving some out at up coming conventions at panels our studio is part of, stay tuned for updates on that as well.

These are the first of many items being built for an Indiegogo to complete the pilot episode, a full music album (cd/vinyl/download) is being created, an art book, patches, sheet music, studio artwork, animation cels, figures, and so much more. Tried to get a little something for everyone into this. We will be making an official announcement as soon as things are ready to go.

Thank you every pony for all your support and wonderful comments, you have kept us going through dark times, and if not for you we wouldnt still be here.

Cheers and pony on!

Pink Pony6.jpeg

Pink Pony5.jpg

Pink Pony4.jpg

Pony1.jpg

Pony3.jpg

Pony2.jpg

Pink Pony3.jpg

173EE950-C6E6-4D2F-9797-599085145A1E-image[1].png

Tall Tales.png

Ink Heart.png

looking great, i love the chemistry these two have and how expressive their faces are, Tall tale's mane looks a bit off (it's not attatched to the back of his head)but that's an easy fix with a few stitches so it won't really be a problem, looking forward to seeing the rest of the merch, and that video you had on ciderfest

• Brohoof 1

I cannot stress enough how much I like those two. You folks continue to amaze with your hard work, cannot wait to see where it leads :-D

(edited)

Yet another update! This time with some animation!

These are the videos shown at Ciderfest this last weekend, and want to bring them to you for the first time. These will not appear on youtube proper, and for your eyes only, we are using these to showcase what the team can do, and the style we are hoping to bring to the MLP universe. Please note the character rigging will be different for Eqt to more blend with the 2D backgrounds and elements. 

This animation is about Sunset Shimmer, and should be finished around January or February, animation by Minty Root a long time and lead animator for Eqt. Got more to come

Hope you enjoy and Stay pony!!! Look out for that Mirror as it plays a role in the pilot of Equestrian Tales aswell.

And a more extended opening scene.

The background style, lighting and other elements will be used in the animation of Equestrian Tales and this is the test bed for a lot of it.

Edited by K_Cast
  • Brohoof 7

Goooooonnnnnna be honest, I had my share of doubts whether what you've been talking up so much even existed, let alone could be nearly as good as you've been making it sound like.

But I am virtually, if not literally speechless. This is outright amazing. The pacing, the animation, the scenography {is that a word that exists in English?}... I'm legitimately awestruck.

Congratulations. However this goes, I think you're about to create a legend.

• Brohoof 1

11 minutes ago, Bas said:

PVCF = ? (ponyverse convention something?)

I thought you plan to do the storyline 1000 years into the future? Didn't look like that in the videos.

Enough moaning, I love your animation style, high quality and looks super professional!

cider fest i think,
and this is to showcase their animation, not part of the Equestrian Tales as i understand it

7 hours ago, K_Cast said:

These are the videos shown at Ciderfest this last weekend, and want to bring them to you for the first time. These will not appear on youtube proper, and for your eyes only, we are using these to showcase what the team can do, and the style we are hoping to bring to the MLP universe. Please note the character rigging will be different for Eqt to more blend with the 2D backgrounds and elements. 

This animation is about Sunset Shimmer, and should be finished around January or February, animation by Minty Root a long time and lead animator for Eqt. Got more to come

Hope you enjoy and Stay pony!!! Look out for that Mirror as it plays a role in the pilot of Equestrian Tales aswell.

The background style, lighting and other elements will be used in the animation of Equestrian Tales and this is the test bed for a lot of it.

damn, that's some feature length quality stuff, i can't believe you're actually aiming that high for a series, i'm amazed once more by the overal quality of this production, keep it up

Those clips look stunning! :pinkie: I've seen many impressive fan animations before, but I didn't expect anything like this... Simply amazing – I can't put it better. :rarity:

Good luck with the project, I'll definitely watch it when it's finished! :)

• Brohoof 3

Hi there, I wanted to address your comment, this is not Equestrian Tales, but a production among a few others we have worked on and designed to test out assets, and techniques that will be and are being used in the production of the Equestrian Tales pilot episodes. 

We are a bit off still in getting animations for Eqt out, but wanted to show what it might look like. We are using the same effects, lighting systems, pretty much everything but the rigs as they will be worked and designed to fit a more traditional animation environment.

These are also just teasers, the final animation of these will be out asap, not even made to many editing passes yet.

We wanted to show everyone the quality that we intend to bring, and what we can really do. 

8 hours ago, Bas said:

PVCF = ? (ponyverse convention something?)

I thought you plan to do the storyline 1000 years into the future? Didn't look like that in the videos.

Enough moaning, I love your animation style, high quality and looks super professional!

On a second note, the story of Eqt does in fact take place over 1000 years in the past of the FiM timeline, before the founding of Equestria. For example, Luna and Celestia are only kids when our pilot takes place. We wanted to test some of the techniques being put in as the characters and settings were being worked out, so decided to make some fan animations to get bugs worked out.

Just now, K_Cast said:

Hi there, I wanted to address your comment, this is not Equestrian Tales, but a production among a few others we have worked on and designed to test out assets, and techniques that will be and are being used in the production of the Equestrian Tales pilot episodes. 

We are a bit off still in getting animations for Eqt out, but wanted to show what it might look like. We are using the same effects, lighting systems, pretty much everything but the rigs as they will be worked and designed to fit a more traditional animation environment.

These are also just teasers, the final animation of these will be out asap, not even made to many editing passes yet.

We wanted to show everyone the quality that we intend to bring, and what we can really do. 

• Brohoof 1

16 hours ago, K_Cast said:

Both videos were really good animation. My compliments to the animators. :D

5 hours ago, K_Cast said:

On a second note, the story of Eqt does in fact take place over 1000 years in the past of the FiM timeline, before the founding of Equestria. For example, Luna and Celestia are only kids when our pilot takes place. We wanted to test some of the techniques being put in as the characters and settings were being worked out, so decided to make some fan animations to get bugs worked out.

What was the panel you hosted at PVCF?

Also are yall still looking for VA's? Or just working on animation, production etc.

We in fact had a few, but the animation was shown at 2D Vs 3D ponies panel 2:00 - 3:00 on Friday. Hosted by Mintyroot. We had a much bigger Eqt panel planned and approved but we lost it week before the con due to the surprise of the holiday special so we got bumped off, but still got to show some of the work.

1 hour ago, Misscellanio said:

What was the panel you hosted at PVCF?

Also are yall still looking for VA's? Or just working on animation, production etc.

• Brohoof 1

This is absolutely astounding work. The animation is deliciously fluid but if I had to pick a primary object of admiration it would definetely be the work with the background, effects and atmosphere. This is a new breath of life for the fandom's creative demography, nothing but props to you and the team :-D

• Brohoof 1