Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hypnotize yourself to be a pony, links included

lardbobobo

The second time, nothing was different. I was interrupted by the sound of my family coming home, so that's probably why.

Yes, quite probably.  Wait until there will be no distractions.

Yes; I'm curious as to the extent of them.

here are the files that have been released so far:

Twilight Sparkle:

1.0:ind-bgm, ind-nobgm, loop

2.0:loop

3.0:ind-bgm, loop, loop-nobgm

Rainbow Dash:

2.0:ind-bgm, ind-nobgm, loop, loop-nobgm

3.0:ind-bgm, ind-nobgm, loop, loop-nobgm

Applejack:

1.0:ind-nobgm

3.0:ind-nobgm, loop-nobgm, raw voice

Rarity:

Fluttershy:

Pinkie Pie:

Vinyl Scratch:

2.0:ind-bgm, ind-nobgm

Octavia Melody:

2.0:ind-nobgm, loop-nobgm, Raw voice

Shining Armor:

1.0:ind-bgm, ind-nobgm, loop, loop-nobgm

Pony Spa:

earth,pegasus,unicorn,alicorn,bat pony: bgm, nobgm, raw

Pony Ears:

ind-bgm, ind-nobgm

Pony Reset:

ind-bgm, ind-nobgm

W.I.P. (that i know of so far):

Trixie

• Brohoof 2

here are the files that have been released so far:

Twilight Sparkle:

1.0:ind-bgm, ind-nobgm, loop

2.0:loop

3.0:ind-bgm, loop, loop-nobgm

Rainbow Dash:

Applejack:

1.0:ind-nobgm

3.0:ind-nobgm, loop-nobgm, raw voice

Rarity:

Fluttershy:

Pinkie Pie:

Vinyl Scratch:

2.0:ind-bgm, ind-nobgm

Octavia Melody:

2.0:ind-nobgm, loop-nobgm, Raw voice

Shining Armor:

1.0:ind-bgm, ind-nobgm, loop, loop-nobgm

Pony Spa:

earth,pegasus,unicorn,alicorn,bat pony: bgm, nobgm, raw

Pony Ears:

ind-bgm, ind-nobgm

Pony Reset:

ind-bgm, ind-nobgm

W.I.P. (that i know of so far):

Trixie

I wonder if they plan on updating Twilight to be an alicorn.

I wonder if they plan on updating Twilight to be an alicorn.

Hopefully they do. i know that they have a script out there for an alicorn pony so i wouldn't surprised if somepony started recording a princess twilight file.

Hopefully they do. i know that they have a script out there for an alicorn pony so i wouldn't surprised if somepony started recording a princess twilight file.

You're a member on their forum, right?  Could you ask?

So I gave a try to some of the files, helped feel a bit relaxed, but there wasn't exactly what I thought to be this complete sense of... How to say "Clear minded." Could it be possible that the position I'm in could be a factor ? Like I did so laying down on my bed, should there be like a certain form of position? Could I do it sitting up?

So I gave a try to some of the files, helped feel a bit relaxed, but there wasn't exactly what I thought to be this complete sense of... How to say "Clear minded." Could it be possible that the position I'm in could be a factor ? Like I did so laying down on my bed, should there be like a certain form of position? Could I do it sitting up?

Actually, I'm gonna go along with this post and second these questions. Any tips for newcomers other than "just relax more" would be super helpful.

In other words, if someone does want to give advice, specifics would be appreciated.

I don't think those are viable currencies. :(

Poo! I've got nuffin'...

Hi guys, thought I would just clear up any skeptical thoughts and give some help with trances and the like, bit of a wall of text, but I'll put a TL;DR at the end.

Firstly, how does it work:

Hypnosis appeals to your subconscious by using a sound known as a binaural beat, it resonates on a specific frequency made to relax your subconscious mind and allow suggestions. However, the mind does not become totally docile, if it went like a complete vegetable, your heart would stop. The idea that someone could take total control of your mind is something that movies and books have made up to increase tension/fear. It is impossible for hypnosis to do anything you don't want it to. After the binaurals have set in, the hypnotist will use other methods to relax your conscious mind, then give your subconscious mind suggestions.

Next, is it permanent:

No. When you use hypnosis, it's a triggered effect, even if it wasn't, the subconscious would eventually forget the specifics (Which hypnosis needs in order for it to work) and it would wear off. It's as simple as that.

Finally, there's the ultimate question: Will it work for me.

Unfortunately there's no straight answer. The only way you can find out is if you try, but there are some things that I have found to help it work:

Don't sleep with the files on; When you sleep your subconscious tries to do all kinds of things, such as saving memories and processing information. This means that it's really active and can't properly relax.

Lie down when you use the files; you need to relax if you want this to work.

Lastly, and probably most importantly: Believe. As much as it is science, there is a certain amount of the placebo effect involved, if you believe that it will work, it will eventually, keep trying, and go into each session with an open mind, that's how it works.

TL;DR: Hypnosis can't make you do anything you don't like, it isn't permanent, and you need to believe in it for it to work.

(Also note that I am not a psychological health professional, I've just done a lot of research into the subject, and if you have any serious mental health issues, it's probably not a good idea to screw with your head)

• Brohoof 2

Actually, I'm gonna go along with this post and second these questions. Any tips for newcomers other than "just relax more" would be super helpful.

In other words, if someone does want to give advice, specifics would be appreciated.

Try to get in a comfortable position, wear comfortable clothing, and take deep breaths before the file. For me i always lay on my back and take a few deep breaths before starting the file. i also wear basketball shorts and a tanktop to ensure comfort

Try to get in a comfortable position, wear comfortable clothing, and take deep breaths before the file. For me i always lay on my back and take a few deep breaths before starting the file. i also wear basketball shorts and a tanktop to ensure comfort

Cool! Yeah, my first time, I [believe] I was way too giddy. Now that the giddiness of the first experience has gone, I think repeated exposure will yield better effects. Plus, more practice getting into a proper trance state will help, too--maybe more than anything.

I'm frequently preoccupied, so that's kind of my biggest issue.

Cool! Yeah, my first time, I [believe] I was way too giddy. Now that the giddiness of the first experience has gone, I think repeated exposure will yield better effects. Plus, more practice getting into a proper trance state will help, too--maybe more than anything.

sometimes i even listen to some meditation music before starting a file. it took me multiple tries with the RD file before i got into the full trance.

Hi guys, thought I would just clear up any skeptical thoughts and give some help with trances and the like, bit of a wall of text, but I'll put a TL;DR at the end.

Firstly, how does it work:

Hypnosis appeals to your subconscious by using a sound known as a binaural beat, it resonates on a specific frequency made to relax your subconscious mind and allow suggestions. However, the mind does not become totally docile, if it went like a complete vegetable, your heart would stop. The idea that someone could take total control of your mind is something that movies and books have made up to increase tension/fear. It is impossible for hypnosis to do anything you don't want it to. After the binaurals have set in, the hypnotist will use other methods to relax your conscious mind, then give your subconscious mind suggestions.

Next, is it permanent:

No. When you use hypnosis, it's a triggered effect, even if it wasn't, the subconscious would eventually forget the specifics (Which hypnosis needs in order for it to work) and it would wear off. It's as simple as that.

Finally, there's the ultimate question: Will it work for me.

Unfortunately there's no straight answer. The only way you can find out is if you try, but there are some things that I have found to help it work:

Don't sleep with the files on; When you sleep your subconscious tries to do all kinds of things, such as saving memories and processing information. This means that it's really active and can't properly relax.

Lie down when you use the files; you need to relax if you want this to work.

Lastly, and probably most importantly: Believe. As much as it is science, there is a certain amount of the placebo effect involved, if you believe that it will work, it will eventually, keep trying, and go into each session with an open mind, that's how it works.

TL;DR: Hypnosis can't make you do anything you don't like, it isn't permanent, and you need to believe in it for it to work.

(Also note that I am not a psychological health professional, I've just done a lot of research into the subject, and if you have any serious mental health issues, it's probably not a good idea to screw with your head)

Also if anyone has any questions ask me and I'd be happy to answer them.

What you really need is to do it after you've done everything for the day like work or chores (Depending on your age). Take a drink, Go to the bathroom. Then just be reeeeally lazy.

To anyone:

Opinions on volume level? If lying in bed, sheets/covers or neigh?

*bah-dum-tss*

Make it a comfortable level, not to quiet that you can't hear, but not so loud you can hear any BG noise from the recording.

To anyone:

Opinions on volume level? If lying in bed, sheets/covers or neigh?

*bah-dum-tss*

i keep the volume pretty high for me but not at max and i tend to not use a sheet or cover since it distracts me

What you really need is to do it after you've done everything for the day like work or chores (Depending on your age). Take a drink, Go to the bathroom. Then just be reeeeally lazy.

You, sir, underestimate my Twilightishness.  ^_^  Mental checklists are ever-present for me, as I like for them to be! I'm an engineer, so it works for me. Basically I was just saying I have to try extra hard to clear them from my mind. Today, for instance, I actually do have everything done that I need to do; it's just a matter of trying not to let my brain wander to tomorrow, or the next day, or the next day...

post-18456-0-29615800-1406757442.jpg

i keep the volume pretty high for me but not at max and i tend to not use a sheet or cover since it distracts me

Duly noted.

Thanks for your opinions, all!

You, sir, underestimate my Twilightishness.  ^_^  Mental checklists are ever-present for me, as I like for them to be! I'm an engineer, so it works for me. Basically I was just saying I have to try extra hard to clear them from my mind. Today, for instance, I actually do have everything done that I need to do; it's just a matter of trying not to let my brain wander to tomorrow, or the next day, or the next day...

attachicon.gifindex.jpg

Duly noted.

Thanks for your opinions, all!

I know that feel. After doing it a few times it becomes easier, though.

(edited)
I tried a few. At first, it didn't work because I didn't take it too seriously. Eventually, I went through another session, but then I did take it seriously. However, no matter how deep in a 'trance' I get, the moment the recording starts telling me about 'myself', I start feeling awkward and uncomfortable, and start questioning every little thing uncontrollably.

It's quite annoying, but atleast the 'trance' felt pretty nice.

Summarized, trouble getting myself convinced because mind goes "look, eh, this is getting weird. wanna stop?". (sigh)

Edit: By the way... No offense, but I find that some of the voices sound a bit unsettling. :[

Edited by Oleg

On another question: Is there a certain type of headphones needed for the best effect or could I just use ear buds? Or have like greater quality phones?

If you use earbuds i would go with sound isolating or noise cancelling

I tried a few. At first, it didn't work because I didn't take it too seriously. Eventually, I went through another session, but then I did take it seriously. However, no matter how deep in a 'trance' I get, the moment the recording starts telling me about 'myself', I start feeling awkward and uncomfortable, and start questioning every little thing uncontrollably.

Summarized, trouble getting myself convinced because mind goes "look, eh, this is getting weird. wanna stop?". (sigh)

Edit: By the way... No offense, but I find that some of the voices sound a bit unsettling. :[

Just focus on the voice in the file. Don't question the changes. When it gets to that part just relax

Just focus on the voice in the file. Don't question the changes. When it gets to that part just relax

Yeah. Yeah. Not that that's obvious as hell, but... thanks, anyway. :[

I guess I'll just keep trying till I manage to learn myself, then.

(edited)

So for anyone who would like to hear about my first hypno file experience, I've decided I'm gonna share a few takeaways (a couple of which I did mention before; I figure I'll treat them with a bit more detail here). This isn't structured, just a compilation of all my thoughts, lessons learned, etc. I think people who haven't done this before could perhaps benefit from my very similar, inexperienced perspective.

• I chose to listen to the RD file, and I listened while lying on my back. I think, in the future, I'll find a way to lie on my stomach to increase the wing sensation. If you choose a pegasus, maybe try a position that takes wings into account.
  • I listened to the RD file when it was still light outside, and I had to put my arm over my eyes to block out the light. This is a very comfortable position for me, but I think, in the future, darker = better.
  • Continuing off of the above comment, I had my arm over my face. Should have thought that one through... I didn't get any of the muzzle sensation at all, and I think it had to do with, well, ya know.
  • I listened without socks on my hands, as I was completely unaware that this was, indeed, a thing. Well... it is. I don't see any harm in trying it if it will possibly increase the hoof sensation. Maybe think about giving this a try yourself.
  • I listened with over-the-ear headphones. I don't really think this was a terrible idea, especially for blocking out extraneous noise. However, if it is peaceful enough, next time I will try less obtrusive earbuds. Perhaps this could increase ear sensation.
  • Going forward, I think once per day will be my listening goal. I think around bedtime, when I know I will have privacy, is a good, albeit obvious, choice. Today, I was simply too excited to wait until then. Which leads to my next point...
  • I know it's super easy to be giddy at the prospect of feeling like you're a pony. For me, this led to my biggest hurdle: my heart rate. Starting the file, I just couldn't get it down. My muscles were relaxed and everything, but my heart was not. And this prevented me from getting really "into it" for a good while. To be fair, it did drop. And I don't think I'll have too much of a problem with it in the future.
  • Expectations: my expectations for my first time listening to the file were, in one sense, ridiculously high. And, weirdly, in another sense, I didn't know what to expect at all. Will I feel absolutely nothing? Will I freak out and start trying to walk on all fours and fly? As one might expect, it was somewhere in between. Closer to the former, yes, but still, I definitely did feel more than just vague sensations. My advice here is to be patient and have fun! Chances are you're not going to have an extreme reaction one way or the other. Go into it with a light heart and an open mind, knowing that these things take time and practice.
  • Maybe I'm restating what I just said here, but basically don't sweat it if your first time doesn't blow you away. I could still walk and move my hands afterward. Trigger phrases didn't seem to produce much mental or physical change. And that's ok! Again, patience is key.
  • I'll end with this one: have confidence. It's the most intangible, difficult-to-explain piece of the hypnosis puzzle, I think, but it's also one of the most important. If you aren't confident that hypnosis can work for you, then it won't, no matter how much you want it to. There are people who will say hypnosis isn't person dependent, i.e. that it will work for everyone. In a manner of speaking, that's true. To rephrase my belief, if it doesn't "work" for someone, it's a matter of the person not being open to the possibility that it can work for them.

TL;DR? Yeah, I figured. This isn't the short post you're looking for; move along.

But hey, if this helps anybody on here, then it will have been worth it to put my thoughts on the page. Happy Wednesday, everyone!

Edited by dsharp105
  • Brohoof 1

On another question: Is there a certain type of headphones needed for the best effect or could I just use ear buds? Or have like greater quality phones?

It doesn't matter really. I haven't experimented, but ones with lots of noise are probably gonna do worse than those without.

Summarized, trouble getting myself convinced because mind goes "look, eh, this is getting weird. wanna stop?". (sigh)

Hypnosis cannot be done by everyone, it's quite tricky if you aren't someone who's psych is made for it.