Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is peace between Equestria and the Changeling Kingdom possible?

Magic Man

Is peace between Equestria and the Changeling Kingdom possible?  

20 users have voted

1. 1. Is peace between Equestria and the Changeling Kingdom possible?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe, not sure, depends, etc. Basically, cannot decide for certain.

This is a straightforward question: 

Do you believe it is possible, even remotely so that there is a chance for a peaceful relations between Equestria and the Changeling Kingdom? They do not have to be the best of allies, barely any real life country is with another. I mean, could they ever be in a position where they DON'T wish to beat each other's brains out?

Is peace realistically possible between the two nations and people?

The way I see it, there are many requirements for a peace between, but an absolute for me is that Chrysalis cannot be Queen for a peace to work. She was the aggressor and actively headed the invasion and attempted regicide and homicide. She is a war criminal that must be removed from power (bonus if it's by her own people) and be tried

Edited by Magic Man

Honestly, I don't think right now. Maybe near the end of the 4th season, but we still don't know really anything about them. Maybe Equestria and the Changeling Kingdom can let bygones be bygones, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

• Brohoof 1

Giving what we've seen of the Changeling's selfish nature of caring about nothing but their own hive, it's not possible. Equestria, as Chrysalis said, has the most love for the changelings to feed on. They wouldn't give that up for peace.

• Brohoof 1

Giving what we've seen of the Changeling's selfish nature of caring about nothing but their own hive, it's not possible. Equestria, as Chrysalis said, has the most love for the changelings to feed on. They wouldn't give that up for peace.

Again with the hive thing... why is it always a hive? Where's the solid evidence of that? Why can't they have their own kingdom and culture? I'm sorry, I'm getting ahead of myself.

But say if Chrysalis was replaced as leader, with someone more peaceful and less aggressive? Would it be possible then?

Again with the hive thing... why is it always a hive? Where's the solid evidence of that? Why can't they have their own kingdom and culture? I'm sorry, I'm getting ahead of myself.

But say if Chrysalis was replaced as leader, with someone more peaceful and less aggressive? Would it be possible then?

I'm just assuming that it's a hive. After all, hives have Queens, (Chrysalis) and drones that are all identical (The Changelings.).

Given the parasitic nature we've seen so far, the changelings would never peaceful with a source of food like that.

No one's reading the comics it seems. Because the Changelings don't seem to act like hive drones. They actually question and suggest to Chrysalis. They seem pretty sentient on their own. 

Edited by himanuts

I'm just assuming that it's a hive. After all, hives have Queens, (Chrysalis) and drones that are all identical (The Changelings.).

Given the parasitic nature we've seen so far, the changelings would never peaceful with a source of food like that.

I suppose, I can understand that is what most may go far until proven different.

Well then I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, until the series addresses the issue if ever in season 4.

Well from what I know from the comics the changelings arn't a hive like mind. They question their queen so they are sentient beings.

Now the answer is:

No

Why?

Because according to the comic the changelings have no kingdom. They go to lands steal an consume all the love an move on. Kinda like locust.

So if there is no kingdom then how can this imaginary kingdom be at peace with another?

• Brohoof 1

I'm not sure about that one. The Changelings feed on love, which regular ponies have in abundance--but can they feed on love without draining the ponies into exhausted husks, like Chrysalis did to Shining Armor? Remains to be seen. Many questions about the Changelings are still unanswered. So I'll say "maybe/don't know."

Edited by TailsIsNotAlone

Well from what I know from the comics the changelings arn't a hive like mind. They question their queen so they are sentient beings.

Now the answer is:

No

Why?

Because according to the comic the changelings have no kingdom. They go to lands steal an consume all the love an move on. Kinda like locust.

So if there is no kingdom then how can this imaginary kingdom be at peace with another?

Actually, that was not stated outright that they have no kingdom. Yes, they conquered that kingdom, but that was Chrysalis and her ARMY not the whole species of Changelings. It comes across more of an imperial colony than the homeland, which may be where Chrysalis returns to once defeated. The truth is, we don't know yet until issue 4 is released.

I'm not sure about that one. The Changelings feed on love, which regular ponies have in abundance--but can they feed on love without draining the ponies into exhausted husks, like Chrysalis did to Shining Armor? Remains to be seen. Many questions about the Changelings are still unanswered. So I'll say "maybe/don't know."

Or better yet, can they survive on their love for one another? This is the problem: we know so little of the Changelings that I suppose my question becomes almost impossible to answer definitively. I would just like to believe 'Yes' because of how this is a show with a heavy theme on love and tolerance and this would be the best example.

Edited by Magic Man
  • Brohoof 1

Or better yet, can they survive on their love for one another? This is the problem: we know so little of the Changelings that I suppose my question becomes almost impossible to answer definitively. I would just like to believe 'Yes' because of how this is a show with a heavy theme on love and tolerance and this would be the best example.

You know, I was thinking about this question the other day. I thought that maybe their reason for having to go take love from another species was because they just didn't have enough going around in their own community or maybe they are just incapable of actually loving anything. 

As for the kingdoms coming together, it seems highly unlikely to me. I can't see them coming together unless ponies are able to love changelings naturally, knowing full well that they are changelings. In that case the relationship would be perfect; the changelings would survive and ponies wouldn't be harmed. 

I haven't read issue 3 yet so I might be overlooking something.

Well I don't think the 2 kingdoms can come together. The Changelings seem like creators that don't seek peas and would rather take over the land by force. Also the Changelings feed off of love, which from what we've seen in the comics, can kill.

Also we don't even know if the Changelings even have a Kingdom. To what it looks like they go to area to area, take over that land and make it their Kingdom tell the food is gone, then move on to the next one. Maybe Chrysalis and her army is all that's left of the Changelings. Maybe it's just this small band of solders. Not to mention it would be very hard to move thousand of ponies over to another area.

Idk the changelings are the type of creatures who you can't really trust, we don't even really know how sentient they are, for the most part besides the queen they don't seem to be capable of any form of real dialect, so I don't know how they'd interact anyways.

Besides they are just naturally parasites, its like trying to have a Heartworm and a dog be friends, it doesn't happen, the Heartworm slowly undermines the dog whether it knows it or not. I feel like thats how the changelings would do even if they earned a form of trust somehow, they'd just undermine and eventually betray people and control them by feeding off their love.

Besides, assaulting the capital of Equestria and imprisoning one of its Princesses isn't exactly the best way to get peace between two Kingdoms. :P

• Brohoof 1