Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will you guys stop being bronies because of this whole Alicorn Twilght thing?

Sir.Flutter Hooves

I know this topic has been done before, but I just wanted to know.

I won't, I think the show evolving so early is a good sign for what is to come. 

So, will you guys quite being bronies, and do you think this fandom is dying?

Thanks, and bro hoof. /)

(P.S. I'm not one of those dramatic bronies who freak out at every little change. Just wanted to know your guys' input on this.)

• Brohoof 9

(\ Broohoof to you too good sir~

I wont~ I'm quite fond of Alicorn Twilight :3 When I first started watching MLP I hated Pinkie Pie, but as I continued to watch I now love her :) There isn't anything in the show that could stop me from being a Brony really. 

I don't understand people who get so bothered by it, it's a kids TV show so things (in my personal opinion) shouldn't be taken so seriously.... Or am I the only one who thinks this? O.o

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

(\ Broohoof to you too good sir~

I wont~ I'm quite fond of Alicorn Twilight :3 When I first started watching MLP I hated Pinkie Pie, but as I continued to watch I now love her :) There isn't anything in the show that could stop me from being a Brony really. 

I don't understand people who get so bothered by it, it's a kids TV show so things (in my personal opinion) shouldn't be taken so seriously.... Or am I the only one who thinks this? O.o

I agree with you. I don't understand either. Why get so upset over a change? Changes are good for the show, because it gives the show room to grow.

While a agree with you on that part, I have to disagree with you on the kid's show part. I for one never picture this as a kid's show. I know the market is for little girls, but this show is for everyone. If I remember correctly, when Spike fell asleep in the punch bowl Pinkie said, "I guess the punch has been spiked!" And if that's for little girls, call the FCC.

/)

Edited by Sir.Derpington Hooves
  • Brohoof 4

I agree with you. I don't understand either. Why get so upset over a change? Changes are good for the show, because it gives the show room to grow.

While a agree with you on that part, I have to disagree with you on the kid's show part. I for one never picture this as a kid's show. I know the market is for little girls, but this show is for everyone. If I remember correctly, when Spike fell asleep in the punch bowl Pinkie said, "I guess the punch has been spiked!" And if that's for little girls, call the FCC.

/)

I'm glad I am not the only one who thinks this is good then :3 I honestly think changes are good in TV shows because it gives room for possibly more episodes/better content. 

Haha, I actually forgot about that ~ I guess you're right but in the end we do have to remember, It IS a cartoon, and cartoons shouldn't really be taken so seriously, they are made to be enjoyed for fun and also in this case for kids (and possibly some adults too), to learn a few morals on friendship ^_^ 

(\

• Brohoof 2

For better or worse I have hopes. Evolution in character and story has made the greatest of series. Let's take Avatar as the best example. If that show had nothing else going for it, its greatest feature was the dramatic changes each of the characters went through during the progression of the series. Something like becoming a princess could only be beneficial unless a writer jumps off a cliff.

• Brohoof 3

I'm all for shaking up the status quo and establishing continuity in the plot. It makes me empathize with characters more, and makes me care for them as I watch them go through trials and tribulations and see them grow. So I'm all for Alicorn Twilight. After all, she can't remain a student forever. Unlike say, Spongebob, who still hasn't gotten his boater's license...

What I'm not in favor of is sloppy and rushed writing. The last episode was really scrunched up in my opinion, and left me with the feeling that the writers just wanted to get it over with. It was just a whirlwind of events that didn't leave any time at all for exposition or development. Just the first part of the episode, Twilight messing up, deserved a two-parter to really drive the home how much her carelessness hurt her friends. And then we got to the second part where Twilight magically becomes a princess and just goes with it. No adjustment period, no awkward moments, nothing. Just student to princess all in one go.

I've heard that they'll be continuing that episode in season 4 though to show that Twilight still has a lot of things to learn as a princess, but as it is, the end of season 3 just left me feeling, "Okay.... what just happened?"

• Brohoof 3

For better or worse I have hopes. Evolution in character and story has made the greatest of series. Let's take Avatar as the best example. If that show had nothing else going for it, its greatest feature was the dramatic changes each of the characters went through during the progression of the series. Something like becoming a princess could only be beneficial unless a writer jumps off a cliff.

I have to agree with you. It will be beneficial, because this one change has opened up so many possible stories it's unthinkable! And the only reason why a writer would jump off a cliff, is because of them going crazy over the awesomeness of season 4! 

Bro Hoof to you! /)

• Brohoof 1

I get why people would be nervous over Alicorn Twilight, but to stop watching the show preemptively is a little much.  I can understand if you quit watching because you think the episodes are bad now, but to stop because they might be bad later possible?  Doesn't make sense.  

I'll keep watching, even if I may be a little nervous about the future of the show.

• Brohoof 3

I'm all for shaking up the status quo and establishing continuity in the plot. It makes me empathize with characters more, and makes me care for them as I watch them go through trials and tribulations and see them grow. So I'm all for Alicorn Twilight. After all, she can't remain a student forever. Unlike say, Spongebob, who still hasn't gotten his boater's license...

What I'm not in favor of is sloppy and rushed writing. The last episode was really scrunched up in my opinion, and left me with the feeling that the writers just wanted to get it over with. It was just a whirlwind of events that didn't leave any time at all for exposition or development. Just the first part of the episode, Twilight messing up, deserved a two-parter to really drive the home how much her carelessness hurt her friends. And then we got to the second part where Twilight magically becomes a princess and just goes with it. No adjustment period, no awkward moments, nothing. Just student to princess all in one go.

I've heard that they'll be continuing that episode in season 4 though to show that Twilight still has a lot of things to learn as a princess, but as it is, the end of season 3 just left me feeling, "Okay.... what just happened?"

I have to agree, at least she's moving up. The last episode I think was rushed because they wanted to make it a three parter without giving out to much information in the first part. How boring would it be if the 2nd and 3rd part would be what we learned in the 1st. 

Thanks, and bro hoof! /)

I get why people would be nervous over Alicorn Twilight, but to stop watching the show preemptively is a little much.  I can understand if you quit watching because you think the episodes are bad now, but to stop because they might be bad later possible?  Doesn't make sense.  

I'll keep watching, even if I may be a little nervous about the future of the show.

I know, it makes no sense. Good on you to keep watching! I was a little nervous about the future of the show until the season finale. But I saw the episode, and loved it. 

Thanks! and bro hoof. /)

Yay for brohoof!

And yeah, opinions on things change.  We may not be super excited about this Alicorn thing right now, but who knows what'll happen a few episodes into the next season.  When the show first started, my two least favorite ponies were Applejack and Rarity, and now Applejack is one of my favorites (still don't like Rarity, but the hate isn't as strong lol).

• Brohoof 1

It seems to be taking away from the feeling that they are all just regular ponies living in a town. Having one of them be a princess who has power over all of them seems like it might take some feel away from the show.

• Brohoof 2

It seems to be taking away from the feeling that they are all just regular ponies living in a town. Having one of them be a princess who has power over all of them seems like it might take some feel away from the show.

Awesome Simpsons avatar btw. Non of them are regular ponies! They are pastel, unicorn and pegasi for Celestia sake! 

And Twilight does not have power over all of them, that is Celestia you are thinking about. Each pony is in control of themselves. 

Thanks, and bro hoof /)

Awesome Simpsons avatar btw. Non of them are regular ponies! They are pastel, unicorn and pegasi for Celestia sake! 

And Twilight does not have power over all of them, that is Celestia you are thinking about. Each pony is in control of themselves. 

Thanks, and bro hoof /)

By ''regular ponies'' I meant that the three main races in equestria that are common for ponies. If you lived in equestria you wouldn't just walk up to a pegasus or unicorn and say ''Wow! A pegasus/unicorn!''

By ''having power over all of them'' I also meant that Twilight is now a princess, and being a princess means she is royalty. So therefore she must have some kind of authority over others.

By ''regular ponies'' I meant that the three main races in equestria that are common for ponies. If you lived in equestria you wouldn't just walk up to a pegasus or unicorn and say ''Wow! A pegasus/unicorn!''

By ''having power over all of them'' I also meant that Twilight is now a princess, and being a princess means she is royalty. So therefore she must have some kind of authority over others.

I know what you meant, just making a joke. 

Is Kate Midleton baring down apon England, controlling them? No, so Twilight will not have authority over the others.

Thanks and bro hoof /)

I know what you meant, just making a joke. 

Is Kate Midleton baring down apon England, controlling them? No, so Twilight will not have authority over the others.

Thanks and bro hoof /)

I don't think you get what I am trying to say. I don't mean that because she is an alicorn she is now some kind of dictator that controls everything. I mean that she is royalty, and she has some kind of authority. You could probably get away with saying something nasty to another regular pony but if you say something nasty to a princess oh it's banishment time for you.

I don't think you get what I am trying to say. I don't mean that because she is an alicorn she is now some kind of dictator that controls everything. I mean that she is royalty, and she has some kind of authority. You could probably get away with saying something nasty to another regular pony but if you say something nasty to a princess oh it's banishment time for you.

Oh, I get it now. Sorry about that, but since she's royalty she's treated higher. Ok, thanks, and you have some good points there.

Thanks and bro hoof /)

(edited)

I wouldn't say id stop being a brony because of it. Since Twilight is one of my two favorite characters.

The only problem i have with the Alicorn thing is the fact that it doesn't fit Twilight at all.

Its like giving Rainbow Dash a horn. It doesn't fit..

I just think i'm letting all of this Alicorn stuff go straight to my head. Its probably not even permanent and it probably is.

We will never know till Season 4!  :blush:

Edited by KToadstool
  • Brohoof 1

I wouldn't say id stop being a brony because of it. Since Twilight is one of my two favorite characters.

The only problem i have with the Alicorn thing is the fact that it doesn't fit Twilight at all.

Its like giving Rainbow Dash a horn. It doesn't fit..

I just think i'm letting all of this Alicorn stuff go straight to my head. Its probably not even permanent and it probably is.

We will never know till Season 4!  :blush:

I agree it doesn't fit Twilight's character, but when I first saw the wings I though they looked cool.

I think this alicorn thing is temporary, just so Hasbro could sell a few cheaply made toys. 

Thanks and bro hoof /)

• Brohoof 1

Me?  Quit?  No way.  :)  I enjoy the cartoon and this community too much to simply walk away. 

I've expressed my misgivings elsewhere.  I'm not the kind of person that keeps harping on a major change I disagree with.  Droning on and on about why I don't like Twilicorn serves no constructive purpose.  An Alicorn and princess Twilight would've been best as a series conclusion.  Instead, we're getting this now.  So I'm just going to sit tight and hope for the best. 

• Brohoof 3

I agree it doesn't fit Twilight's character, but when I first saw the wings I though they looked cool.

I think this alicorn thing is temporary, just so Hasbro could sell a few cheaply made toys. 

Thanks and bro hoof /)

And i do have to agree with Hasbro making cheaply made toys.

The dang toys look nothing like the actual show. Brohoof to you good sir! /)

Me?  Quit?  No way.  :)  I enjoy the cartoon and this community too much to simply walk away. 

I've expressed my misgivings elsewhere.  I'm not the kind of person that keeps harping on a major change I disagree with.  Droning on and on about why I don't like Twilicorn serves no constructive purpose.  An Alicorn and princess Twilight would've been best as a series conclusion.  Instead, we're getting this now.  So I'm just going to sit tight and hope for the best. 

Love your picture by the way. Fluttershy is awesome. 

You're right, it does no constructive purpose. Just be glad that this show is still going on, being the longest running mlp show. And the Alicorn thing should have been a series conclusion, but this way it opens so may more advetures.

Thanks and bro hoof /)

(edited)

I'm not going to stop being a brony, i just became one around four months ago. Besides, even though the show would start to suck, which i doubt will ever happen, since the staff behind Mlp is really good. I would just watch the old episodes, i would still be a fan of the old episodes.

If they wouldn't let the show evolve, then how would they be able to continue with the series. If we don't allow them to make little changes to the show, then it would just stay the same.. In the end it would end, because they would run out of ideas. Although, i am not fond of this alicorn thing, i will be okay as long as they don't turn the whole mane 6 into alicorns.. That would be going over the line..

It's my opinion, that Twilight has always been much more powerfull then the other mane 6. Also, she could just use magic to make wings appear.. So what i am saying is, that even though she's an alicorn she is still the same. She could have easily just found some spell to make her wings appear. Also, she will stick with the mane 6.. All i'm saying is, now it's over she has become an alicorn.. Let's just give this a change, see where this is going... Maybe it will be horrible, maybe not.. This sentence has been used a lot, but it still has its value.. I trust the writers. Also, this was what Lauren Faust wanted, Twilight becoming Celestia successor.. Knowing that Lauren Faust wanted this to happen, makes it easier for me to accept it.

I am not speaking for everyone else, but i will still be here and plan on doing so for a long time. It takes more then adding wings to Twilight to scare me away.

I can tell you all, this fandom is not dying.. I don't care how big it is and neither should you.. We are all here just to enjoy the company of fellow fans. Of course it's nice knowing that our favorite cartoon has a large following, from a buisness standpoint.. But still it's not why we are here, we aren't here because it's popular. We're here because we share our love of a show called my little pony.

The fandom isn't dying, sure a few people leave, maybe even a lot.. But we can't forget that there are always people being introduced to the show.. People are becoming fans every day, we should rather focus our energy welcoming them, instead of thinking about how many have left.

Brohoofs to all loyal fans out there, keep calm and brony on. /)

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 1

I'm not going to stop being a brony, i just became one around four months ago. Besides, even though the show would start to suck, which i doubt will ever happen, since the staff behind Mlp is really good. I would just watch the old episodes, i would still be a fan of the old episodes.

If they wouldn't let the show evolve, then how would they be able to continue with the series. If we don't allow them to make little changes to the show, then it would just stay the same.. In the end it would end, because they would run out of ideas. Although, i am not fond of this alicorn thing, i will be okay as long as they don't turn the whole mane 6 into alicorns.. That would be going over the line..

It's my opinion, that Twilight has always been much more powerfull then the other mane 6. Also, she could just use magic to make wings appear.. So what i am saying is, that even though she's an alicorn she is still the same. She could have easily just found some spell to make her wings appear. Also, she will stick with the mane 6.. All i'm saying is, now it's over she has become an alicorn.. Let's just give this a change, see where this is going... Maybe it will be horrible, maybe not.. This sentence has been used a lot, but it still has its value.. I trust the writers. Also, this was what Lauren Faust wanted, Twilight becoming Celestia successor.. Knowing that Lauren Faust wanted this to happen, makes it easier for me to accept it.

I am not speaking for everyone else, but i will still be here and plan on doing so for a long time. It takes more then adding wings to Twilight to scare me away.

I can tell you all, this fandom is not dying.. I don't care how big it is and neither should you.. We are all here just to enjoy the company of fellow fans. Of course it's nice knowing that our favorite cartoon has a large following, from a buisness standpoint.. But still it's not why we are here, we aren't here because it's popular. We're here because we share our love of a show called my little pony.

The fandom isn't dying, sure a few people leave, maybe even a lot.. But we can't forget that there are always people being introduced to the show.. People are becoming fans every day, we should rather focus our energy welcoming them, instead of thinking about how many have left.

Brohoofs to all loyal fans out there, keep calm and brony on. /)

You my friend are a true brony. This is the best responce (no offense to the other responders), I've seen all night. I applaud you, and you're right.

We should take a lesson from this brony.

Thanks and bro hoof /)

• Brohoof 1

Personally, I fully embrace Twilight's ascension. When I first heard of the rumors, I was on pins and needles hoping it was true. I must admit that I literally "Squeed"  while watching the last episode! I think it opens so many new possibilities for the show. I'll also add that I'll be mightily disappointed if they do a turn around and take the wings back from her. There's little chance of that though. I hate to say it Bronies, but little girls will positively LOVE Princess Twilight. They out number Bronies, so there you have it!

B)

Personally, I fully embrace Twilight's ascension. When I first heard of the rumors, I was on pins and needles hoping it was true. I must admit that I literally "Squeed"  while watching the last episode! I think it opens so many new possibilities for the show. I'll also add that I'll be mightily disappointed if they do a turn around and take the wings back from her. There's little chance of that though. I hate to say it Bronies, but little girls will positively LOVE Princess Twilight. They out number Bronies, so there you have it!

B)

while I agree with you about the many possibilities that Alicorn Twilight will bring, I disagree with little girls out numbering bronies. Without bronies, this show would get maybe a million, a million and a half tops. But now it's getting alot more then that.