Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The writers might as well change Twilight's overall personality and role

Commander_PonyShep

They could just as easily have Twilight stay in Canterlot, strapped on her throne running Equestria with Celestia guiding her along the way. At the same time, her friends would be the ones reporting to her about what they learned about friendship.

Because Twilight's a princess now, her journey is over. That means it might as well be her friends' journey instead, with Twilight as their new mentor from here on out. Why? Because it would not make sense for her to stay in Ponyville with her friends and studies, all while remaining an alicorn princess. I mean, a princess studying at her library, when she's supposed to be glued to her throne, helping her subjects with their problems?

With the title of princess and the power and responsibilities that comes with it, Twilight should be able to unite all of ponykind under a banner of friendship and tolerance, sometimes with slightly greater efficiency than even Celestia and Luna combined. That's the beauty of your typical Campbellian Hero's Journey; when the hero reaches the end of his adventure, he becomes the strongest thing in the world, capable of overcoming the impossible while uniting everyone else toward a better future for themselves. It was what happened to Aragorn from Lord of the Rings, when he went from small-time ranger to the new king of Gondor; it was what happened to Luke Skywalker when he went from farmboy to Jedi Master; and it was what happened to my FemShep when she went from Spacer/War-Hero, to leader of an entire multi-racial coalition fleet.

I don't know about Sunset Shimmer, though, or what her role will be in Season Four and beyond. Who knows? The S4 premiere might have Twilight take Sunset under her wing (no pun intended) as her student, teach her the ropes on the art of friendship, and then when the time is right, pass on her title to Sunset. That way, Sunset becomes Twilight's replacement princess, while Twilight retires from royalty, gives up her wings, and returns to her friends.

But for now, once the S4 premiere arrives, we're going to have to deal with Twilight uniting all of Equestria to a better tomorrow. I'm sure it's what her friends would want from her, no matter what.

Edited by Commander_PonyShep

Sorry to say this but i completely disagree with your opinion on this, i trust the writers enough not to do something like that and your idea, although plausible will most likely not happen.

Oh and Mass Effect FTW /)  wub.png

(edited)

Sorry to say this but i completely disagree with your opinion on this, i trust the writers enough not to do something like that and your idea, although plausible will most likely not happen.

Oh and Mass Effect FTW /)  wub.png

Well, they can't get rid of Twilight's wings and return her into a unicorn, either! If anything, they might as well go toward the other extreme and have Twilight run Equestria in Canterlot. And, think about it. How awesome would it be to run an entire nation, and unite it toward a common cause? When you look at Commander Shepard, he/she went from low-level space-marine to leader of an entire multi-species mass-coalition fleet. Likewise with Twilight; she has the power, and she can use it to make Equestria a strong, healthy kingdom, sometimes with even greater efficiency than Celestia!

Plus, think of all the things Twilight can do for her friends! Rainbow Dash gets promoted to captain of the Wonderbolts! Rarity franchises the Carousel Boutique across Equestria with her main HQ in Canterlot! Pinkie Pie becomes the royal event manager, creating her own unique parties in Canterlot, while adding spins to some of the older ones, like the Grand Galloping Gala! If Twilight is going to be given a huge change in her life that she may or may not be ready for yet, she might as well bring her friends with her!

now you just pulling shit out of your head and act like its canon, No her Journey is not over, She has plenty to learn, celestial or even luna can destroy her without even trying

Agreed.

However Celestia can be pretty damn useless at times. Like when Discord escaped. 

Molestia Celestia: Twilight I want you and your untrained friends to go and fight my nemesis while I sit in my huge castle.

Me: wow... great job your highness.

• Brohoof 1

Well, they can't get rid of Twilight's wings and return her into a unicorn, either! If anything, they might as well go toward the other extreme and have Twilight run Equestria in Canterlot. And, think about it. How awesome would it be to run an entire nation, and unite it toward a common cause? When you look at Commander Shepard, he/she went from low-level space-marine to leader of an entire multi-species mass-coalition fleet. Likewise with Twilight; she has the power, and she can use it to make Equestria a strong, healthy kingdom, sometimes with even greater efficiency than Celestia!

Plus, think of all the things Twilight can do for her friends! Rainbow Dash gets promoted to captain of the Wonderbolts! Rarity franchises the Carousel Boutique across Equestria with her main HQ in Canterlot! Pinkie Pie becomes the royal event manager, creating her own unique parties in Canterlot, while adding spins to some of the older ones, like the Grand Galloping Gala! If Twilight is going to be given a huge change in her life that she may or may not be ready for yet, she might as well bring her friends with her!

Don't bring Mass Effect into this, i find it hard to dis agree with Mass Effect statements. And she cant run it from Ponyville because? she has a way to instantly communicate with the princess's, it won't change much in my opinion.

And for the fact she can change her friends lives for the better, she won't because that is unfair on her other subjects, treating your friends differently and giving them their dreams is all good but the other Ponies wouldn't be happy. We'll just have to wait and see i guess.

(edited)

Don't bring Mass Effect into this, i find it hard to dis agree with Mass Effect statements. And she cant run it from Ponyville because? she has a way to instantly communicate with the princess's, it won't change much in my opinion.

And for the fact she can change her friends lives for the better, she won't because that is unfair on her other subjects, treating your friends differently and giving them their dreams is all good but the other Ponies wouldn't be happy. We'll just have to wait and see i guess.

Well, Twilight's friends did help her become princess. I think they deserve compensation! It was as much their journey as it was Twilight's, and by turning Twilight into a princess, the writers are also leaving out her friends! And no, I'm not counting their switched cutie-marks, when they eventually restored them thanks to Twilight. They were just back to normal, while Twilight was the one given a destiny that DOES NOT FIT HER!!!

No, seriously! Magical Mystery Cure was the most hypocritical episode I've ever seen. The moral was supposed to be about following your own destiny, rather than obeying the one you don't want. But then Twilight becomes a princess, and that message gets thrown out the window for no reason, other than to sell Princess Twilight toys. What a load of bucking horse-s**t

• Brohoof 2

Yeeaaa-Nahh.

Listen, I really hate the idea of Twilicorn, I've ranted about several times, and made quite a few threads too. But seriously, you've made who knows how many threads in this subforum alone, and while it does involve some sort of relevant discussion, it's mostly gonna get the same responses.

At this point I don't know what'll happen to the show, I don't find any way for them to fix her by returning her into a Unicorn, which now'll be a pain in the ass to live with, by the way. Hate so much to sound like the other folks but give it some time.

• Brohoof 3

You know guys the show is going to get stale if everyone remains the same. It was time for a change and whether you like it or not it is more than likely here to stay. Run with it or run from it.

Stale? Seriously? That's your conclusion of how it'd end?

Please. If they kept it going that way for at least one-two more seasons, trust me, it would not be stale.

I watched the episodes 3-4 times before I moved on to the next season, they changed, and yes I know change isn't always bad, just to clarify that for the hundreth time, that does not stop it from always being good.

I did  not fall in love with the show for Twilicorn, or Cadence or Shining Armor, or even Discord for god's sake. I fell in love with the little adventures, and solving problems as friends.

Really now, this is the same argument in every freaking thread "I'm Right, you're wrong." 

• Brohoof 1

Stale? Seriously? That's your conclusion of how it'd end?

Please. If they kept it going that way for at least one-two more seasons, trust me, it would not be stale.

I watched the episodes 3-4 times before I moved on to the next season, they changed, and yes I know change isn't always bad, just to clarify that for the hundreth time, that does not stop it from always being good.

I did  not fall in love with the show for Twilicorn, or Cadence or Shining Armor, or even Discord for god's sake. I fell in love with the little adventures, and solving problems as friends.

Really now, this is the same argument in every freaking thread "I'm Right, you're wrong." 

Actually I probably shouldn't have said the show would've gotten stale. What I should have said is: this actually gives the writers more options which is a good thing.

I also didn't say that you were wrong. I was fine with the show the way it was - I thought you we're against Twilicorn. I'd still like the show regardless of whether she was or wasn't an alicorn.

Edited by ~Scootaloo

I disagree with the OP. They may have completed one arc of Twilight's character. But there still is alot to explore with her new character and the rest of Mane 6. Twilight will still have her original personality but keep the new traits that she has learned over the series. Many characters go through change and to resist that change and keep the character static sometimes will just backfire and not allow for the show to change and evolve. But just my take on it.

Tara is very disappointed. She has already Tweeted Twilight becoming an alicorn will not change the feel of the show. It's just that she can do more stuff.

TMS: To the current news, [spoiler ALERT] fandom is reacting strongly to Twilight Sparkle becoming a Princess very soon. We don’t think there’s anything wrong with being a Princess, but we do see them a lot in children’s shows and movies. Will Twilight be a stereotypical Princess or something more?

Strong: Well the good news is, Twilight is going to stay Twilight. She is overwhelmed and surprised and grateful for this new phase in her life but it’s not going to change how she is or how she interacts with her friends, she’s staying in Ponyville. I’m certainly not changing any of my performance and it’s really the same Twilight except she can do more stuff now. She can fly…it’s not going to change the overall feel of the show, she’s going to be with the Mane 6.

It’s just Twilight but a little bit better, she can do more stuff! But overall, it’s not really going to change that much. I think that’s what everybody’s afraid of, that it’s going to change sort of that core element that everyone fell in love with these six characters and that’s not going to change at all. I’m not changing a thing about my performance.

• Brohoof 2

Twilight becoming an Alicorn won't change anything. Celestia said she was still her student, but not in the same way as before. So she's grown, in a sense. She still has lots of things to learn, and she won't be leaving her friends. 

I don't think they should change her whole role or whatnot just because she's a princess. She doesn't have to be in Canterlot to rule over. Heck, if she wanted to, her treehouse could become her 'palace'. Plus, Twilight wouldn't want to leave her friends, anyways! So I must disagree. I'm looking at Twilicorn as a positive influence to the show. ;)

Edited by Pixiesong
  • Brohoof 3

Actually I probably shouldn't have said the show would've gotten stale. What I should have said is: this actually gives the writers more options which is a good thing.

I also didn't say that you were wrong. I was fine with the show the way it was - I thought you we're against Twilicorn. I'd still like the show regardless of whether she was or wasn't an alicorn.

Yet you still edited your original post and asked for it to be deleted? Eh, I was a bit pissed off earlier, trust me, nothin' against you. 

Might ask for my post to be removed as well

Princess Celestia knows Twilight won't be ready to start occupying a throne overnight. She has to allow Twilight time to adjust and there are other things for her to learn now that she has friendship down pat.

Despite all the leadership she has shown in the first three seasons, Twilight never saw herself as the boss. The Mane 6 are pals with no formal hierarchy.  When facing a major challenge, they defer to Twilight because of her intellect, logic, and ability to make sound split second decisions.  She provides direction and guidance because she loves them, not because she’s their head honcho.  There aren't a lot of words beside leader and leadership which can be used to denote someone who shows authority without being an authority.  Twilight isn't a chief, a commander, or anything like that. 

Becoming a princess also goes against what I consider to be Twilight’s sixth best feature, her modesty.  She cringed at the notion that she was now a princess.  For the time being anyway, she’s much happier in a Ponyville library than she’d be in a palace or a government office.  Worst of all, her new title meant she was "better" than her companions and would now be expected to rule over them.

Edited by Wingnut
  • Brohoof 1

This thread has become very contentious, so I am going to close it. I remind all members that posts that comment only on another member are automatically off-topic, at least in Show Discussion and similar sub-forums.

• Brohoof 2