Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the nicest thing you have ever done?

Fallen Angel

I gave a friend £500 that I had been saving to help with her tuition fee's for university. I think that might be the kindest thing I've done at least the largest act of kindness I've done in one shot. I mean I do a lot of volunteer work too but that's spread out a lot.

I do little things all the time, but I never do anything significantly nice, because I never get a chance. I can't return money if nobody loses it. I can't give money to the homeless without finding a homeless person. I can't save a life if nobody in my area needs saving. If I could, I would help more, but people don't really need my help. I guess that's kind of a good thing that hardly anyone in my area needs my help (That I know of, anyways).

I have done volunteer work before and given money to those I pass that are without it, but I think the kindest thing I have done happened about a year ago. ((Story time everypony!))

I was at work one winter's night (I think it was sometime in late January-Early February) when a table of 4 sits in the section next to mine. (I work in the dining room of an Assisted living)

One of the ladies there had on one of those medical masks because she had a terrible cold. After a while, she asked to be moved away from her table to make sure no one became sick. She was sat in my section, in the corner booth, all alone. I saw her and asked her how she was feeling and she explained. I offered to get her some Orange juice since I knew the Vitamin C would help her cold go away faster. She smiled at me and said that would be nice. 

I made sure she got a new glass when she finished it and talked to her the entire night checking to see how she was feeling and to generally just give her some company. She just said thank you when she left because I had become busy.

About a month later as I enter the staff parking lot for a picnic event when a woman calls me over. It was the woman I had served that night. She told me how thoughtful I was that day and that the Orange juice had helped her recover two days after I saw her! I smiled and told her that I was happy to help and asked her how she was feeling now. She said she was feeling great and was drinking lots of Orange Juice. 

I wanted to cry because I felt so happy. ; u ;

Long post is long. Sorry blush.png  

I've done a few nice things these last couple months.

- I donated about $100 of my dining account to the local food pantry while my school was running a drive.

- I gave a homeless man some money while I was at Chicago-Union Station in January.

- I bought a few people meals during finals week (our meal plan accounts don't refill that week, and people occasionally run out before the end of the semester).

- I help a LOT of people with IT problems. Most recently I helped people get their gaming consoles online when the server wasn't accepting their MAC addresses.

• 8 months later...

I have done so many kind things in my life... but this one to this day makes my heart feel soo good.

I was standing in line at the store. A woman and her daughter were in front of me.. as she went to pay for the things she was buying the man said that her credit card was no good.. she asked the man if she could just have some of the food for her daughter, because she has not eaten in 2 days and she well be getting paid tomorrow.

The man said sorry cant help. So I pulled out what money I had left in my wallet, 200 bits. was going to buy some MLP stuff and food. I told her "here take this" I gave her all the money. she thanked me, and wanted to pay me back for what I did... I told her

"You have repaid me, by saying thank you"

Probably giving a now deceased, former friend of mine 100 euros for food, because he claimed was starving. I later found out that he had actually blown the money on street drugs. I felt so cheated. He died earlier this year from speedballing.  He was only 20 years old.

Edited by Bron-Yr-Aur