Proof that MLP:FIM is not a show for "toddler girls"

Champion RD92

Of course it could! They used this music to express the scene, as they will with any other show. If you're think that shows for little girls have girly ballerina music, you're wrong. They'll use whatever music is right, and yes, it was very fitting for the scene; little girls aren't going to notice a slight change in music or be scared by it! It doesn't have to be cheesy and babyish. It's all what makes the show flow and more enjoyable.

On that note, I'm still in it for the show definitely not being a show for little girls anymore. Yes, the first episode was written for little kids, but seriously? Most of the jokes, the story lines, they're not for toddlers. Bronies helped make the show it is today.

Af if we needed further proof that this show isn't for toddlers, look what I found:

Carrot Top: "We couldn't fit it all in!"

Priceless...

That's not proof, that's just dirty minded! Edited by Meadowsong
  • Brohoof 2

Perfect example as to why i do not like scoots, But yes there is a lot of messages that younger people cannot keep up with, so they might wanna do some reasearch...

I have four younger siblings, I've watched a ton of shows for toddlers in my day. FiM definitely is NOT for toddlers. That doesn't mean they can't watch it, but they are definitely not the target audience. 

So one of my friends tried to argue with me one time that MLP:FIM is for "toddler girls"

Well, here's proof that the show is NOT for toddler girls.

Would a show for toddler girls have heavy friggin' metal in it?!?!?! Huh??? Would it??? I don't think so!!!

This is from Season 1 and it's even heavier.

So no, they didn't just start adding metal to the show because bronies started watching it, metal has been in it since the beginning. It still needs a fully fledged metal song, the CMC's Theme does not count. I think the world would be a better place if more toddlers listened to heavy metal. 

Edited by Ganondox

I don;t know that toddler girls would appreciate Big Lebowski cameos or references to the ending of Star Wars Episode IV. 

But the best way to argue back is to simply say, "Who the hell CARES?  It's a good show!"  Michael Bay openly admits that his films are for 12 year old boys, but does that prevent other people from enjoying them?

You, sir, get all of my brohoofs.  The argument itself is a bit silly, because whether or not it is for little girls, it doesn't matter.

Well I think the show is intended for all ages. There is something in it for everyone, sorta like a Disney film (at least all the good ones).

I doubt a toddler would appreciate what te show has to offer. For someone that age it would just be a bunch of pretty looking and colorful pictures (I showed it to a cousin of mine that is 3 and all he could remember is that it was colorful and it had ponies).

But that's not to say its bad. It will get their attention and keep the older audience entertained (assuming they watch it).

It has something in it for everybody.

Edited by Phoenix237

And finally, I present to you what is probably my favorite reference.

-Twilight image-

Rainbow even asks if Twilight learned to run from "The Egghead's Guide to Running". biggrin.png

That was a reference scene? I never even knew. ._.

Also, I don't even know what Big Lebowski is.

That episode is obviously teaching toddlers to listen to heavy metal and wrestle other people over tall hills.

Okay, just... lol.

I am referring to the part where Spike asked for another doughnut, with extra sprinkles from the episode about the Gala in Canterlot.

I don't know exactly, but perhaps asking for like another drink or something? Since people were saying it is a doughnut shop instead of a bar.

• Brohoof 2

I don't think the show is specifically for toddler girls, I mean yes my 4 and 5 year old nieces enjoy MLP but they keep asking "what is going on?" meanwhile, it's not like the show has a maximum age limit. Also about the 90s cartoons, definitely! The 90s cartoons were the best.

It's sad that some people seem to confuse 'suitable for all ages' to 'kids-only show'. There's no reason people of all ages shouldn't be able to enjoy the show, which is why I'm proud to call myself a Brony.

Edited by Guest

Why the hay is everypony bringing up toddlers?   Toddlers are kids from the ages of around 1-4.  That's way to young for MLP.  I would say 6 or 7 years would be the youngest for watchers of the show.

• Brohoof 2

You, sir, get all of my brohoofs.  The argument itself is a bit silly, because whether or not it is for little girls, it doesn't matter.

I think we shouldn't waste time trying to point out little adult "easter eggs" in the show (and frankly, while they're certainly there- Big Lebowski, Dr. Who, Star Wars, etc.- some of the ones in this thread are a bit of a reach) to justify our fandom to any "haters" and instead just explain why it's a good show. 

I've always had the opinion that what a show is about, or what genre its in, have no bearing on whether or not it's good. 

Why the hay is everypony bringing up toddlers?   Toddlers are kids from the ages of around 1-4.  That's way to young for MLP.  I would say 6 or 7 years would be the youngest for watchers of the show.

Well they aren't too young to enjoy it, they can still enjoy it for the colorful ponies, but yeah, for most of them the finer points in the plot should go over their head. 

I dont think you need to justify the fact that MLP is not for toddler girls on this forum, because its  the forum for the older audience. Also a show only for toddlers would not make references to alcohol, R rated movies, etc.

• Brohoof 1

This show is geared toward children. Otherwise it wouldn't be on the hub or associated with Hasbro. However I think it's supposed to have an appeal to all ages. Most shows do this, it's just that MLP does it really well. 

That was a reference scene? I never even knew. ._.

It's a reference to 'The Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy' by Douglas Adams. 42 is mentioned in it as the 'answer to life, the universe and everything'.