Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming New 3D Super Mario For Wii U

Bright Honor

As some of you may or may not know, Nintendo is making a new 3D Super Mario platformer for the Wii U system. It will be revealed by E3 and playable at E3. The Nintendo EAD development team behind the  Suer MarioGalaxy games for Wii and Super Mario 3D Land for 3DS. It is expected to release during this holiday season.

Are are your hopes and wishes for this title?

For me, I hope it has a new concept rather than be a previous sequel to past 3D Mario titles.

Personally I'm excited for this, mainly because all of the 3d Mario games have been absolutely beautiful games. I would play Mario 64 when I was in kindergarten all the freaking time, and when I got a Gamecube I'd have some good times with Sunshine and don't even get me started on how godlike the Galaxy games are.

New Super Mario Bros and the spinoffs are also fun, but man they don't compare to how great the 3d games are!

• Brohoof 2

I think it is safe to say that this game won't be Galaxy 3. Galaxy 2 really only exists because the game is pretty much tall the ideas that Nintendo didn't or couldn't fit into the first Galaxy game.

I love all Mario games, except for Sunshine. I think all of the others are just cracker jack! I'm hoping it will be more like 64. I'm excited for this new game and can't wait to learn more  about it when E3 comes around! :3 

I think it is safe to say that this game won't be Galaxy 3. Galaxy 2 really only exists because the game is pretty much tall the ideas that Nintendo didn't or couldn't fit into the first Galaxy game.

Mario Galaxy 2 was suppose to be a dlc but then they decided to make it it's own thing. Reason why the game doesn't have much of a story and why not many new elements were put into it. 

I love all Mario games, except for Sunshine. I think all of the others are just cracker jack! I'm hoping it will be more like 64. I'm excited for this new game and can't wait to learn more  about it when E3 comes around! :3 

The game will be revealed in the next Nintendo Direct alongside Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. Plus....you might, just might, be able to play it at Best Buy during E3 week! ;)

• Brohoof 1

I hope for something that doesn't have Bowser as the main villain; Super Mario Bros. 2(even though it was more of a reskinning of a different game), Super Mario Land 2, or most of the Mario RPGs didn't have him as a villain, so why can't a 3D Mario platformer not have him as the villain? Make it someone new or, say, Waluigi or someone else or something and I'll be fine. Having all new powerups and no rehashes would be cool too, Super Mario 64 did this I believe.

(edited)

What about a time travel theme? Where Mario has to travel to different time periods to get whatever objects he needs and such to stop the villain, which is probably Bowser.

Time travel theme has already been used in Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time for the DS.

In fact, the whole game revolves around time travel.

Edited by DeiStar

Time travel theme has already been used in Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time for the DS.

In fact, the whole game revolves around time travel.

So? the way I am talking about is a bit more different. Nintendo has reused themes for their games before, so why would they stop now?

Honestly, i really don't mind what kind of theme they'll use for the next installment, even if it's something they've used in the past. Something else than Mushroom Kingdom really, like a new region with new species would make me content with the next game. (See M&L: Superstar Saga)

And one more thing....

A less linear world and a more open world. :V

First of all, I want it to take full advantage of being HD. Mario would look gorgeous in HD, even though the style is simplistic. I'm still expecting a lot, and from what I've seen of how the team has handled the games on the consoles they have released, I'm actually not too worried.

What I am worried about is the trend of linearity that has seeped into the series since the first Super Mario Galaxy. The fact that this is developed by the same team that has developed all of the linear Mario games, that worries me. Although Super Mario Sunshine unfairly gets a lot of hate, I thought it created a nice balance - The worlds were all open world, but they all had a level or two that took you into a linear level.

Either way, though, I much prefer the open world style. It set Super Mario 64 quite a bit far apart from the 2D Mario's it succeeded. It made it a whole new experience for a whole new console. Sadly, today's 3D Marios have essentially become 2D Marios with a little bit of running room. Considering we have the New Super Mario Bros. series going on in full-force, the 3D Mario platformers really need to set themselves apart, like Super Mario 64 and Sunshine did. I've had enough of the NSMB series already. I don't want to feel the same way about the 3D Mario series.

I will say that I did like Super Mario 3D Land, I just wish that could become a separate style of 3D Mario platforming, perhaps one for handhelds, while the console series goes back to the style of 64/Sunshine.

• Brohoof 2

MarioSonicSochi_Mario.jpg

^This is a picture of Mario in the upcoming game, Mario & Sonic At The Sochi 2012 Olympic Games. Pretty snazzy HD character model eh? Now imagine Mario in a 3D Platformer...

First of all, I want it to take full advantage of being HD. Mario would look gorgeous in HD, even though the style is simplistic. I'm still expecting a lot, and from what I've seen of how the team has handled the games on the consoles they have released, I'm actually not too worried.

What I am worried about is the trend of linearity that has seeped into the series since the first Super Mario Galaxy. The fact that this is developed by the same team that has developed all of the linear Mario games, that worries me. Although Super Mario Sunshine unfairly gets a lot of hate, I thought it created a nice balance - The worlds were all open world, but they all had a level or two that took you into a linear level.

Either way, though, I much prefer the open world style. It set Super Mario 64 quite a bit far apart from the 2D Mario's it succeeded. It made it a whole new experience for a whole new console. Sadly, today's 3D Marios have essentially become 2D Marios with a little bit of running room. Considering we have the New Super Mario Bros. series going on in full-force, the 3D Mario platformers really need to set themselves apart, like Super Mario 64 and Sunshine did. I've had enough of the NSMB series already. I don't want to feel the same way about the 3D Mario series.

I will say that I did like Super Mario 3D Land, I just wish that could become a separate style of 3D Mario platforming, perhaps one for handhelds, while the console series goes back to the style of 64/Sunshine.

I hope 3D Super Mario for Wii U isn't 3D Land 2. 3D Land is fun, but it makes more sense for handhelds than consoles. I can see a similar artstyle though.

I hope they make a sequel to Mario Sunshine! It was such an amazing game! Put Mario in a tropical paradise and you get an amazing game! I miss FLUDD and the amazing level designs. Remember the theme park and the hotel with the giant electrical sting ray? It had some of the most memorable bosses, and it even introduced Petey Piranha to the series! It was such an amazing game, I hope this one's a sequel!

Mario Galaxy 2 was suppose to be a dlc but then they decided to make it it's own thing. Reason why the game doesn't have much of a story and why not many new elements were put into it. 

except for sunshine.

except for sunshine

except for sunshine

except for sunshine

except for sunshine 

except for sunshine 

EXCEPT FOR SUNSHINE.

That's like the best one! LIKE, WHY?

• Brohoof 1

except for sunshine.

except for sunshine

except for sunshine

except for sunshine

except for sunshine 

except for sunshine 

EXCEPT FOR SUNSHINE.

Personally it is my least favorite 3D Mario, but I don't dislike it. I think some people dislike it because it doesn't feel like a Mario platformer for them.

except for sunshine.

except for sunshine

except for sunshine

except for sunshine

except for sunshine 

except for sunshine 

EXCEPT FOR SUNSHINE.

Well one I do not like my Mario characters to have actual vocal lines. I prefer them to make a noise instead of actually talking. I also find the concept of Mario Sunshine to be really silly, and this is far from the best one.

The best Mario game is the first one, the Super Mario Bros 3, and then Super Mario World. 

Well one I do not like my Mario characters to have actual vocal lines. I prefer them to make a noise instead of actually talking. I also find the concept of Mario Sunshine to be really silly, and this is far from the best one.

The best Mario game is the first one, the Super Mario Bros 3, and then Super Mario World. 

Btw, i meant the best 3D one, and i was only KIND OF lying. The best 3d is Glaxay 2, the best is mario world (My favorite game ever.)

I love that game

I hope for a nice uniquely themed game, i wouldn’t mind a Galaxy 3 though. But it's already been said by Nintendo that Galaxy 3 is unlikely to happen. A sunshine sequel could be cool or maybe even something like the canceled Super Mario 64 2 for the 64DD. I just hope for a awesome game. Graphics wise if Nintendo could make Galaxy 2 look as good as it does on Wii this game could look really sweet now on Wii U. I am just glad to be able to enjoy another Mario title as they are my favorite series of games.

Super Mario Galaxy is my personal favorite Mario game. I can see the new game playing alot like it, even if it isn't Galaxy 3. I do want a 3D Land sequel, but for 3DS. the gameplay style makes sense for handhelds, but not so much for consoles.