Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Orphanage

Feather Gem

Something occurred to her. Shade had wings. Maybe she could teach her how to fly. She didn't know if she could ask anypony else.

"H-hey, Sh-Shade... Do you know how to fly?"

Shade looked back at her wings, "yes... Yes I do... But I can't fly in this weather, it's too cold for me to fly." Shade flapped her wings a bit. "Why" she asked "do you not know how to fly?" She asked

shade was perfectly capable of flying with her feathered wings, but it's been a long time since she's used them.

Shade looked back at her wings, "yes... Yes I do... But I can't fly in this weather, it's too cold for me to fly." Shade flapped her wings a bit. "Why" she asked "do you not know how to fly?" She asked

shade was perfectly capable of flying with her feathered wings, but it's been a long time since she's used them.

Sunset blushed a bit as she looked at her own wings. The feathers were splayed, making them look messy. She ruffled them.

"No. I-I never got the chance to learn. The attack happened b-before I was really old enough to understand. Um... When the weather gets better... I was w-wondering if umm.. If maybe y-you could teach me?"

Sunset blushed a bit as she looked at her own wings. The feathers were splayed, making them look messy. She ruffled them.

"No. I-I never got the chance to learn. The attack happened b-before I was really old enough to understand. Um... When the weather gets better... I was w-wondering if umm.. If maybe y-you could teach me?"

Shade smiled and put her hoof around sunset, "sure, I suppose I could teach you the basics. That's what friends are for... Right?" She said happily, finally being able to say that phrase. It somehow made her feel warm, and she was happy to finally have a friend. "I could teach you basic stuff inside... Like hovering inside... Where it's warm for now." She said

Shade smiled and put her hoof around sunset, "sure, I suppose I could teach you the basics. That's what friends are for... Right?" She said happily, finally being able to say that phrase. It somehow made her feel warm, and she was happy to finally have a friend. "I could teach you basic stuff inside... Like hovering inside... Where it's warm for now." She said

Sunset weakly smiled back, glad that her new friend was willing to teach her. the smile felt weird on her lips. She couldn't remember the last time she had smiled before today.

"That would be great, if you're sure... I don't need to know super complicated stuff anyway."

Sunset weakly smiled back, glad that her new friend was willing to teach her. the smile felt weird on her lips. She couldn't remember the last time she had smiled before today.

"That would be great, if you're sure... I don't need to know super complicated stuff anyway."

Shade smiled even more just being beside sunset. "I don't know much complicated stuff anyways, The most complicated thing I know would probably be going at high speeds. I guess I'm better with magic rather than-" shade quickly stopped herself, "magic? Did I... No... Not... I didn't say... Cough* cough*... I guess I'm better at... Um... Running... Rather than flying." She despretly said to cover magic.

*what is wrong with me? I can't say I do magic... I'm disguised as a Pegasus... Why do I always get carried away?* she thought to herself.

Chamois jumped when the coat suddenly fell onto her back.  She spun towards him.  "You scare---" she started.  "I-I don't need your coat," she said, taking it off and shoving it back at him.

Chamois turned and trotted to the food.  "Thanks anyway!" she said, so it wouldn't seem too rude.

You made me stutter and jump.  I do not like you.

(Nah.  I get enough e-mails from this place.  Doesn't really help much, I rarely ever check my e-mail xD)

Mystical turned away and went to put the cups away.  It would be breakfast time now.  She should get some food in her.

"It's breakfast time," Mystical called back at Sunset and Shade.  "So whenever you're ready just follow the signs and you'll find the cafeteria."

And then she was gone.

(No, no, you can use Windfall Cx)

The first thing she did when she got into the room she'd have for that day, she curled up into a ball and cried since no pony was there to see her or comfort her.

She needed to cry alone.

(She isn't in the orphanage yet)

Shade looked at sunset, "well, it's time for food... I haven't had real food in such a long time..." she said, her stomach started to growel. *the only type of food I've had was love... Uhg...*

She got up from her seat looking in the derection of the cafeteria. She was holding sunsets hoof to get her to come with her.

Somber, whose belly was just moaning out at this point for food in his gullet, couldn't take it anymore. He broke himself out of the fort, and slowly walked towards the kitchen to where breakfast was served. It was a while since he ate breakfast, so he was a bit alarmed by the kitchen and all... 

(It isnt the email I have turned that off XD It the notification thing that pop up on the user line)

Lionheart sights. "Are you sure ? With that weather outside and the heat closed it will only get colder.  I really don't mind." He said looking at her. It was quite apparent that she wouldn't take it but he tried anyway.

As she trotted toward the food he hung his coat and said. "Well in that case I won't wear it either. I would only feel bad if I was warm and cozy  while you felt cold." 

When it came to the main vent, something very peculiar caught the janitor's eye. A tear in the pipe exposed insulation and created an amazingly dangerous fire hazard. He gulps, snuffing out the furnace completely, wracking his mind for a solution. He would need new pipes and to restore the entire heating system. "Well... This sucks..." He sighs, turning and making his way back up to the main level, looking through the halls before rounding a corner and nearly walking right into Mystic (Assuming she was walking through the halls, I'm a little fuzzy on movement!) 

"Ah! Erm, eh... There's a problem with the heating, Mystic... I think we're going to have to use the fireplaces for a little while, we can't use the furnace..." He shrinks a bit, hoping she wouldn't blame him. He gives her a sheepish half smile, rather silly looking considering how coated he was in soot, nearly entirely. 

(edited)

@@Feather Gem,

(The only person i see mentioning anyone is me. I don't follow topics because it notifies me me of EVERY post and not just the posts i want to read)

After seeing that the food was now ready and available, Fiera quickly got up from her seat and trotted over to the food. She heard Lionel say something about not wearing a coat because Chamois wasn't. "Why would you not wear something because somepony else won't? Thats like not eating at a restaurant because somepony else is very hungry but can't afford food. Seems a bit foalish" Edited by The Original PWD

Shade looked at sunset, "well, it's time for food... I haven't had real food in such a long time..." she said, her stomach started to growel. *the only type of food I've had was love... Uhg...*

She got up from her seat looking in the derection of the cafeteria. She was holding sunsets hoof to get her to come with her.

"Uh, sure..." Sunset said, wondering why her new friend was acting weird. Well, she had just met Shade, so maybe this was normal?

It still seemed like she was acting weird. But she decided to wave it off for now. She hadn't eaten since lunch yesterday.

Sunset's stomach growled as they reached the cafeteria. The smells of the food wafted over to the Pegasus fillies. Her stomach growled again. She couldn't remember the last time she'd had a decent meal.

@,  @@Feather Gem,

(Mentioning hmm that's quite the good idea XD  )

Lionheart turn to Fiera. "Simple  I would feel bad. From how it decreased I will guess the heat is completely  turned off so  in a few minutes  from now this place will have the same temperature as the snowy land outside. I wouldn't feel comfortable if I was the only one feeling warm and cozy  while you two are cold or I am awfully foalish." He said laughing a bit at the end of his sentence

"In any case  since she rejected it, you can have it, It will be freezing in a bit." He said smiling. 

After that he turned as walked toward the table taht the food would be served. It was his first time eating here so the menu was totally unknown to him, nonetheless he hope chocolate was in it.

Seeing that the cafeteria to him was big, Somber also caught from the corner of his eye the table where the food was served. And there were already some ponies sitting down at it. What he decided to do was to sit right at the end of the table, as far away from every pony else. Socializing is not going to work with him...

@@Feather Gem,  

(Thing is, i can't mention you for some reason, it only lets me quote a space in your post)

Fiera shook her head. "I don't feel cold at all actually. Don't know why you two are" she said with a shrug. (I don't know what to do for the food) "Maybe its some sort of... Alicorn-y magic stuff" she thought out loud. That could be the case, but she never used magic.

, @,

(There we go!)

Chamois shrugged at him.  "Suit yourself," she mumbled.  She turned to the food and looked around at it.  Then she grabbed a plate and grabbed some toast from a pile.  She grabbed one of the jars from the counter and dug some of the grape jelly out with a spoon they had prepared and dumped it onto the toast.  She put the jar back with the other dozen.  Then she moved over to where they were pouring orange juice and grabbed a glass, going to sit back down.

Toast was the only thing they couldn't ruin (and the only thing I could think of).

"Eat the toast," Chamois suggested as she passed by them.

It seemed to have gotten even colder.

@@Shame,

"Oh," Mystical said, stepping back, having already felt the cold and wondered what was going on.  "And during winter too..." she sighed.  "Well, there's no helping it.  When do you think you'll have it fixed though?" she asked, knowing she'd have to go and get out the boxes of scarves for the foals.  They'd probably steal some. and thus, the orphanage would lose even more money.

@@Feather Gem,

Fiera shook her head and grabbed a plate, then proceeded to stick a slightly burnt pancake on there, then she covered the entire thing in maple syrup. "I don't care if they burn the pancakes, they always have enough syrup to cover up that yucky burnt taste!" she said with a smile. Nothing like pancakes and maple syrup to start the day off.

His smile fades quickly with her obvious disappointment. He sighs quietly, straightening himself and clearing his throat. "it depends. We don't have much money to put into it, but... If we can get good parts, it might take... A week? Maybe?... But that will last long, it'll be harder to use cheap parts, it might even take longer..." He pauses, chewing on his cigarette, his deep, monotonous voice hopefully softening the blow. "I'll work overtime if it helps, it's not terribly hard work, it just takes time... Sooner I get new parts, sooner we can have heat again..." He exhales a soft puff of smoke from his nostrils, no more happy to do the job than Mystic would be to buy the parts or labor.

(No need to mention me, I read every post!)

Shade grabed some toast and ate it whole, then grabbed some more and hid them under her wing. She then just stood there wondering what more to do. She didn't want to sit down with the other kids... She didn't want to talk to any pony but sunset... She wasn't ready to make more friends, so she just stood in the corner far away from the others.

@,

Chamois took a bite of her toast and chewed slowly.  She herself didn't like too much maple syrup.  It made her feel like throwing up.  But everypony was different.

Chamois swallowed and took a sip of her orange juice, which tasted more like water then orange juice.  So, pretty much water with a tiny taste of orange.  She hated it.

(M'kay.  I skim over every post.)

"A week..." Mystical echoed.  "Well...I...I'll get the good parts.  We can't have the foals freezing," she said.  "So...I'll need help ordering the parts since I don't need which ones you need.  The place I order from also has tools, so if you need any new ones, now would be the time to order them," Mystical said, even though she didn't want to get any new tools.  But in the end, it would probably be better that way.

She didn't say anything about the overtime.  She wanted him to do it, but would feel bad to let him.

Aloïs nods, glad to hear he won't be working with scrap metals. He clears his throat, shifting the cigarette before speaking again. "Right. I can stop by that place after work, the pieces are common, it shouldn't be too much of a problem. I have the tools for the job anyways, no need for those... Uh... Yeah, we should be all set, I'll clean out the fireplaces..." (Assuming they have fireplaces in the main bedrooms.) He nods to her in a respectful fashion, stepping around her and making his way lazily off down the hall to the bedrooms.

Somber saw the food being put out. It was just toast and orange juice... That was his favorite food that the orphanage provided! He got up, and grabbed two pieces of toast, along with the orange juice cup, passing by two fillies that were complaining about the food... Mainly the red one. He sat back down at his side if the table, nibbling on his toast.

@,@, @,

(I presume everyone in the mess hall can hear him shouting XD )

Lionheart looked at the supposed boufe, looking quite frustrated.".....Why ? WHY? Who had the amazing idea to make pancakes and bring only this horrible maple syrup. Where is the melted or  hazelnut chocolate. Who in their right mind prefer Maple syrup over chocolate with their pancakes. I....I don't even have words for this .....this wannabe boufe....If you can even call that." He stood there being left without words grabbing a glass and filling it with some orange juice. He drinks "......Hmm Did they spend the amazing amound of one orange and 3 litres of water to make this ?  I am amazed next time put half an orange in there. Don't want you over spending yourselfs." His frustration was just building up and even though it was mostly the lack of chocolate the whole thing just started to bug him after that.

He put the glass down and grabbed another one filling it with some milk,grabbed a toast and went to sit. "Damn you Leona and the amazing food your are having right now over at the academy. That was a proper five  stars breakfast." He mumbled to himself semi-cursing the fact that he wasn't taken in  Celestia's academy. "They dare bring pancakes without any sort of chocolate..."

Sunset noticed the other ponies and backed up a few steps, trying to hide behind her mane. Just because Shade was nice didn't mean everypony else was. She grabbed her food and ate beside her friend. Thankfully, Shade didn't seem to want to socialize either.

(edited)

@@Feather Gem,  

It seemed Lionel didn't know that chocolate costed a lot more than maple syrup. Chocolate doesn't grow in Equestria, so it has to be imported from other places in the world, so it costs more to buy it. Maple syrup on the other hand is easily obtainable and comes in abundance. "I'll remember to not taunt you with chocolate whenever possible..." Fiera mumbled. She poured herself a glass of water and sat down next to Chamois. 

Edited by The Original PWD