Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Pony University (Romance//Sol)

Ihei

@@MyLittleCell,

Denim watches as he infuses the cards, trying together what she can from observation.

She takes a deep breath before choosing three cards, taking them from the deck in her magic. He watches her aura pulse around them for axes seconds before looking to Royal, "Will they work on their own, or is there another step?"

@@00Pony,

Royal smiled. "Now usually i would gather your energy to put into the cards, while i change them, but since your a unicorn you can out your own magic into it." Royal took that as a cue, and he began transforming it.

"Now use some of your energy, and it should dispensary for a few seconds, then i can read it once i return."

@@MyLittleCell,

"Yeah, I can imagine. I don't think I know anypony who would. But if you need someone to demonstrate with, I suppose I could do that."

Denim says, brushing her mane back behind her shoulder.

"I have a pretty good idea what it'll show for my past... You were going to have to tell him soon anyway."

@,

He chuckles, "There is no point. I'm just a bit of an eccentric pony."

Saro flips around so he is properly aligned, "You're not a fan of the Frats or sororities either then? That's good to hear."

"It's not that I hate rhem it's just that they are SO rich! I mean how could anypony be such a wuss! And don't even get me started on the stallions. They always think they're better and when I beat thm they're like. "OOO! That didn't happen! Because you're a mare! And mares can't be good at hoof wrestling!"

@@MyLittleCell,

Denim closes her eyes and charges a bit of her energy into her horn, releasing it in a tri beam blast into the cards. She opens her eyes and watches.

@,

Saronyx chuckles, "Trust me. My own sister has put me in my place most of my life. You don't need to be a stallion to be strong."

(edited)

@@00Pony,

Royal looked at her for a second, wondering if he should even continue, but he put the cards down, and the magic began dancing around the cards, taking shapes and forms, locking in place before seeping into different colors, eventually forming an image. 

"The past."

It was a mare, and a stallions. There was magic swirling around the young one, forming out to different elements. There was an older mare with their hoof around the small one, and  larger stallion that was standing between her and some strange figure.

"It's as you said before. You showed large amounts of elemental magic, and i'm guessing this was meant to be your mother..." He said cautiously, as he lightly touched the older mare.

"Then amicus, i assume..." He looked over at the older stallion.

The second card formed out.

"The present, sometimes close future and past."

The shapes formed a larger mare then before, this time a scarf wrapped around her. She was midst a field, surrounded by a school, but there was a strange darkness coming from the corner , that the image of denim seemed to be unaware of.

In the background, there were mares and stallions kissing, romantically interacting, but the denim seemed to be trying to ignore it, yet there was one stallion that was approaching her.

"Knowing your talent, you joined the university to diversify your talents, and while you didn't actively seek it, romance seemed to find you." He said with a smile, nodding to her.

"I'm not sure what this darkness is mean to be..." He frowned. "Could be anything, really."

The third card finished its picture.

"The future..." He said ominously. Now that he had integrated himself with her, he was afraid of what her future showed.

The darkness from the former card was bigger, and was seemingly overtaking her, slowly grabbing at her, her scarf mysteriously gone. But that wasn't what put royal off.

Royal wasn't in the picture. 

The rest was simple, the college in the distant background, appearing to be unaware of denim. On the ground, on the hill near her, there was a single rose, wrapped around by her torn scarf.

"Whatever this darkness is, it...takes...over..." He said, still looking it over intensely. He didn't know if he wanted to elaborate what else he'd seen, but he put that aside, and waited for her answer as he sighed.

"Don't worry. Sometimes the cards change with events. Some decision you make will surely change this..."

((Let me know if you want me to change it in some form, like if he was supposed to see something.))

Edited by MyLittleCell

@@MyLittleCell,

Denim closes her eyes and charges a bit of her energy into her horn, releasing it in a tri beam blast into the cards. She opens her eyes and watches.

@,

Saronyx chuckles, "Trust me. My own sister has put me in my place most of my life. You don't need to be a stallion to be strong."

"Hell yeah you don't! I got my brute awsome from my dad! Went in the military and fought wave after wave of changeling!" Agile exclaimed with pride. "Of course they lost but hey! he did his damnest to fight back. Buuut he kinda went missing shortly after so mom has to take care of me and my little bro."

@@GaleFenrir,

Todd fought hard to resist the urge to yell at Gardenia. Rejected again?! This just.... this wasn't something happened to Todd. Ever. Doing his utmost best to keep his voice even, he spoke, "Gardenia, you are the only mare who has ever resisted my advances.... Tell me, what is it that makes you resist me? Is it that you think you're better than me? Is it that your barn door swings the other way? I highly doubt it, but I dunno... But what is it that allows you to say 'no' to me?! I'm Todd freakin Stocks!" 

@,

"Well, you made a terrible first impression, you have an over-inflated ego the size of the sun, you're awfully rude... no, he's in a pitiful enough state as it is. I should take the blame on this one, for his sake." Gardenia thought to herself, taking a step back.

Gardenia took a deep breath. She never liked admitting this particular fear of her's; it made her feel like a sheltered little filly. "I'm sorry Todd, but you seem to be only interested in one thing from me. And that is one thing I can't offer to anypony. It has nothing to do with who you are, it is a fault of my own."

@@GaleFenrir,

((Hooray for making an irredeemable character seem sympathetic!!))

Todd looked away, thinking for a moment. "Well, she's not totally wrong when she pegged me for wanting to only have sex, which she won't do.... but is that what I really want? I've had that plenty of times before, and its not exactly rewarding. Short term, sure, but not long term. Didn't I always envy those couples who didn't just 'have sex' but actually 'made love'? Is that what I'm after with her?"

Taking a deep breath, Todd spoke in halting sentences. "Look, Gardenia, I... Well, its true, I was interested in being physically intimate with you. I'm like that whenever I meet an attractive mare. But you've been treating me different... better than other mares. They see me as a walking wallet, and do what they have to to get into that wallet..... I've never had a mare care about me for more than that. You, despite me treating you very objectively and poorly, have treated me better than any other mare ever has. I guess that's why I was coming on to you... Because for me, I didn't know any other forms of intimacy besides sex. Maybe there are other ways of expressing intimacy and.... love."

"Talk about going for broke.... either this works, and she is my marefriend, albeit with sex off the table, which I'd actually be perfectly ok with, or she leaves and never talks to me again...."  

@,

"Intimacy? Love? I can provide neither of those. I hold no love for him, I've only been pitying him, only been giving him the benefit of the doubt. And intimacy... of any kind, no... no, I can't, nothing physical, not even a simple touch of the hoof. "

"I'm sorry, Todd. I can't be your marefriend; quite frankly, I don't think I can be anypony's. I can't even bare to shake hooves with anypony, let alone show any other form of intimacy." Gardenia shook her head, and could feel new tears start to form.  "And I've only been treating you like I would hope anypony would treat me if I was in your position. If you showed this more vulnerable side of yourself to anypony besides me, you wouldn't have so many enemies."

@@MyLittleCell,

Denim nods, "Yep. That's accurate..."

"It didn't show.. That. At least not directly. Perhaps that's for the better. I would rather tell him myself, rather than him see it in a vision."

She glances up at Royal, then down at the second card when he begins to speak again.

She smiles at his description of the present, reaching out to touch him, "I'm glad it did."

Denim glances back down, at the creeping darkness, "Whatever it is.. I'm sure it'll be nothing overly serious.."

Her voice trailed off when she saw the depiction of the future.

She bites her lip, scooting over to wrap him in a hug, "If that's the case, I'll do everything in my power to keep that from happening."

A few tears form at the corners of her eyes, and she blinks them away, wrapping her arms tighter about him. After half a minute of holding onto Royal, Denim releases him, her mind wandering back to the first image. She take a deep breath, letting it out slowly, "Royal, there's.. Something I feel I should probably tell you," she clears her throat, brushing a bit of her mane back, "If we're going to be serious about this relationship, I need to be honest about why I made some of the choices I've made."

@,

Saronyx makes a small humming noise of acknowledgment, "Sorry to hear that. My eldest brother's a military pony."

He lands again, raising an eyebrow, "You've got a little brother?"

@@00Pony,

Royal sighed and hugged her back when she did.

"The darkness can be anything." When she said she'd stop it. "It's something that happened right before or during your time here." He realized. "It wasn't there when you had your powers. My best guess'd be todd...." He trailed off until she spoke again. wiping the tears from her eyes, he smiled to her.

"Anything you have to say, i'll listen..." He looked over and nodded at the past card. "Amicus was protecting you from someone, not something..." He turned to her, hugging her before he spoke again. "Go ahead, i'll listen."

@@MyLittleCell,

She relaxes slightly when Royal hugs her, telling her he'd listen to whatever she had to say. Denim takes one more deep breath to calm herself, before speaking, "Remember when I mentioned having attracted a stalker or two? When I was about 15, one of them... Tried to take advantage of me.

"I used to attend a public school, which was where the pony noticed me. We never spoke, or really interacted in any way, but I had noticed him hanging around whenever I walked home. I never thought much about it," she pauses, taking a few breaths before continuing, "One time, when I was on my way to the station, to meet Amicus, the pony must've seen an opportunity, and siezed it.

"Despite having elemental magic, it ended up not really helping. He struck me with a paralysis spell, so I couldn't move, or use my magic. I couldn't even cry out, but I could still see and feel everything."

Denim absent mindedly begins to toy with the end of her scarf, looking distractedly at the windows as she speaks, "He... Started to.. Unclothe me. He didn't get anywhere serious, because by that time Amicus had started looking for me. He had learned a detection spell from my father a few days before, and he located me using that. Ami tore my attacker off and dealt with him."

More tears escaped Denim's eyes as she spoke. She glanced out of one the windows again and shuddered, practically hurling herself to Royal's side, huddling herself into a small, ball shape against him, "I blacked out after the enchantment placed on me was dispelled. After that incident, I began to study at home, and learned every combat and defense oriented spell I could. Amicus began to become even more protective. That's why I moved into his house with him the next year."

She wraps her hooves around Royal, resting her head on his side, "I recovered from it... Kind of. As you can see, there's still some scarring. So I tend to repress the memories."

After a few seconds she sighs, "Maybe that's why I froze my room, and cocooned myself after I got hammered. I started reliving the incident and wanted to protect myself."

@@GaleFenrir,

Todd felt his chest ache at Gardenia's words. So that was it. She didn't like him, and he'd never know what real care and love was. "Maybe I should just leave. It wouldn't be prudent to stay here any longer. No. I am not going to be weak. And what's this crap she's saying about showing everypony this, this.... WEAK side of me?! I will never show weakness, never!" 

"So you're only being nice to me out of some misplaced, condescending pity.Todd snapped. "Figures..... And I don't know what you're talking about Gardenia, but I will NEVER show anypony 'this vulnerable side of me' like you said. I will not be weak! Do you hear me?! You wouldn't understand... I have a reputation to uphold; to protect! I must remain untarnished, confident, in charge, lest I lose my influence! I simply CAN'T show what I feel or think, or I will pay for it in spades! I thought maybe you could understand my need for a pony to confide in, to help and support me, to let me let my guard down around. I thought you could be that pony. I guess I was wrong." 

@@00Pony,

Royal was silent as she told her story. He quietly listened and thought, and held her close as she spoke, and he still was quiet when her story was finished. 

Royal sat in silence for a second before he said something.

"Don't you be afraid." He finally whispered, lightly wiping the tears from her eyes before giving her a kiss on the head.

"I won't let anything happen to you. You won't let anything happen to me..." He said. "We protect each other. I'll protect you as you would me, and nothing will ever happen..." His voice trailed off, but royal looked over at the future card, and he didn't know what to think. All he knew is that he wouldn't let that darkness get her, either of them.

@@MyLittleCell,

She sighs when he hugs her, her tensed muscles relaxing as she did. Denim nuzzled the underside of his cheek from her position beside him, "Sounds like a plan.. I'm not going to let anything hurt you. That I can promise."

She falls silent, basking in the sense of security she felt when she was with Royal. She almost spoke, but stopped herself. Was she really ready to say that? They'd only been a couple for a day... That wasn't enough time, was it? Denim didn't necessarily have any experience in this field, but she figured she couldn't just say it that early in a relationship. She decided to wait. How long, she would figure that out later.

@@00Pony,

Royal lightly nudged her back when she nuzzled him. He closed his eyes, laying his head against hers, enjoying the moment for a second.

"How about we do something else?" He asked, turning his head to her. "I saw your past, i believe it's only fair to show mine." Royal wasn't sure if he wanted to even see his future, but he knew he wanted to comfort denim, and perhaps royal's much less dark past would help with that.

@@MyLittleCell,

Denim nods slowly, "Yeah... I'd like that."

She smiles, squeezing him slightly, "If I'm going to be sharing a space with you for the future, I guess I should learn some more."

She releases the hug to allow him space to perform the spell, but doesn't move from beside him.

@@00Pony,

Royal smiled as he set her fortune cards aside, and he pulled his deck forward to him, shuffling the cards.

He quickly input magic into it, constantly shuffling it until letting it go. He held the deck in his hoof before taking three random cards, and blasted it with his magic, leaving him a little drained.

"The past."

The magic strings formed an image, a small grey colt, floating cards with his magic. There was a bigger stallion, black with a white mane, who had a wing around the smaller one.

There was another bigger stallion, surrounded by mares, of all different types. Neither the biggest stallion nor the two others noticed each other.

"I told you of my father, and my brother. This card is about as straight-forward as it gets."

"The present."

The same stallion was bigger, at the college they both knew. He was surrounded by other ponies, and seemed to be over-burdened, but was seemingly trying to get away from them, towards a certain mare.

"When i got here, i was caught in some of the chaos, trying to help but finding myself useless. I somehow found you."

"The...Future..." He aid it cautiously, not sure if he wanted to see it.

He sighed, quietly.

The image showed royal, this time in a full suit. He was in the middle of some sort of field, and he seemed to be alone, no one in sight. His cards were missing from his front pocket, and he seemed tired, walking away from something in the background.

"I'm... not sure what this means..." He said, after looking it over.

@@MyLittleCell,

Denim nods, "Yep. That's accurate..."

"It didn't show.. That. At least not directly. Perhaps that's for the better. I would rather tell him myself, rather than him see it in a vision."

She glances up at Royal, then down at the second card when he begins to speak again.

She smiles at his description of the present, reaching out to touch him, "I'm glad it did."

Denim glances back down, at the creeping darkness, "Whatever it is.. I'm sure it'll be nothing overly serious.."

Her voice trailed off when she saw the depiction of the future.

She bites her lip, scooting over to wrap him in a hug, "If that's the case, I'll do everything in my power to keep that from happening."

A few tears form at the corners of her eyes, and she blinks them away, wrapping her arms tighter about him. After half a minute of holding onto Royal, Denim releases him, her mind wandering back to the first image. She take a deep breath, letting it out slowly, "Royal, there's.. Something I feel I should probably tell you," she clears her throat, brushing a bit of her mane back, "If we're going to be serious about this relationship, I need to be honest about why I made some of the choices I've made."

@,

Saronyx makes a small humming noise of acknowledgment, "Sorry to hear that. My eldest brother's a military pony."

He lands again, raising an eyebrow, "You've got a little brother?"

"Of course!" Agile said as if it was obvious. "My little bro was the greatest thing to ever come onto this planet! I protect him like a baby. For whatever reason. I dunno," She shrugged." Probably because the OC page says so. You wouldn't know what that is. And neither do I."

(edited)

@@MyLittleCell,

Denim rests her chin on Royal's shoulder as she observes the cards with him, humming in acknowledgement of his 'past' card.

She gently pokes him in the ribs upon his description of his 'present', "Well, I'm glad you did. You've been pretty far from useless to me so far."

Denim narrows her eyes at the 'future' card. Whatever it meant, she didn't like it. Any future where she wasn't by Royal's side, she didn't like. She... She really was, wasn't she? She was falling in love with this stallion. And after such a short time.

Denim sits up slightly, kissing him on the cheek for a couple seconds, "Whatever it means.. I'm going to do as much as I can to make sure that it changes," she re-situates herself so she is in front of him, partially draped over his lap. She blocks his view of the cards with her body, supporting herself with one hoof, placing the other one on his chest as she looks him in the eyes, "I'm probably sounding really clingy right now, but I don't quite give a damn."

@,

Saronyx shakes his head, "You're right.. I have absolutely no clue what that is."

He chuckles lightly, looking at the bottles scattering the ground, "Sure you're not a little.. Buzzed?"

He shakes his head, "Perhaps you protect him, merely because you love him? You are his older sister, after all."

Edited by 00Pony

@@MyLittleCell,

Denim rests her chin on Royal's shoulder as she observes the cards with him, humming in acknowledgement of his 'past' card.

She gently pokes him in the ribs upon his description of his 'present', "Well, I'm glad you did. You've been pretty far from useless to me so far."

Denim narrows her eyes at the 'future' card. Whatever it meant, she didn't like it. Any future where she wasn't by Royal's side, she didn't like. She... She really was, wasn't she? She was falling in love with this stallion. And after such a short time.

Denim sits up slightly, kissing him on the cheek for a couple seconds, "Whatever it means.. I'm going to do as much as I can to make sure that it changes," she re-situates herself so she is in front of him, partially draped over his lap. She blocks his view of the cards with her body, supporting herself with one hoof, placing the other one on his chest as she looks him in the eyes, "I'm probably sounding really clingy right now, but I don't quite give a damn."

@,

Saronyx shakes his head, "You're right.. I have absolutely no clue what that is."

He chuckles lightly, looking at the bottles scattering the ground, "Sure you're not a little.. Buzzed?"

He shakes his head, "Perhaps you protect him, merely because you love him? You are his older sister, after all."

Agile realises that she had dropped all her beer and went around picking them up. "Now way! A few bottles of beer aren't gunna stop me! I'm the heaviest drinker this side of Equestria! And that's saying something because allot of ponies drink apparently." She shrugged. "I dunno. Je's just my little bro and I protect him."

@@00Pony,

Royal smiled.

"I think we both will try to change the future." He chuckled as she changed positions, and he put his hooves on her side and under her chin.

"Mayhaps we're both being a little clingy, but i don't care either." He said, leaning forward to give her a kiss, then he pulled forward to hold her in his arms for a second. He looked down at the future cards of them both, trying to piece this together.

He knew she'd be kicked out soon, (Unless they looked cute enough again.) and he didn't waste his time.

@,

Saro picks a few of the bottles that were nearest to him off the ground, looking them over, "These don't really seem to be the highest percentage anyway."

He spins one in his hoof, "That's as good a reason as any to protect him, I suppose."

@@MyLittleCell,

Denim smiled when Royal placed his hooves on her, leaning into the kiss. She rested her head under his chin when he pulled her forward, tucking one arm to his side, allowing her other to be pinned between them. It wasn't uncomfortable, so she didn't care.

She hummed quietly, "I look forward to when we can sit like this in an actual bed."

She glances at the door, "Wonder if they'll let me sleep here again. I doubt it.. But, it's nice to think about."

@,

Saro picks a few of the bottles that were nearest to him off the ground, looking them over, "These don't really seem to be the highest percentage anyway."

He spins one in his hoof, "That's as good a reason as any to protect him, I suppose."

@@MyLittleCell,

Denim smiled when Royal placed his hooves on her, leaning into the kiss. She rested her head under his chin when he pulled her forward, tucking one arm to his side, allowing her other to be pinned between them. It wasn't uncomfortable, so she didn't care.

She hummed quietly, "I look forward to when we can sit like this in an actual bed."

She glances at the door, "Wonder if they'll let me sleep here again. I doubt it.. But, it's nice to think about."

Agile shrugged. "Yeah. Suppose." She looked around as she popepd open anothe beer, which was now warm rather than cold. "So where are you in this collage exactly? Cause I ain't seen you around either. Then again I haven't really been paying any attention so there's that of course."