MLP Card Game

Fluttashy

Just got back from the premiere event and thought I'd share what they gave out.

There were two decks, a Twilight/Applejack deck and a Rainbow/Rarity deck. $20 got you one deck and one goodie bag, and each person could get one of each deck, each with one goodie bag.

The goodie bags came with a promo poster, two booster packs (with Premiere printed on them that presumably won't be on the release-day ones), and a Rainbow Dash promo card.

Additionally there was a limited supply of Nightmare Moon promo cards that you got by playing games against ten different people (I didn't finish in time to get one).

Heavily downsized pictures (sorry, I'm a bad phonetographer):

AdwVIw1.jpg

S7D5tdU.jpg

5WEj9nm.jpg

4FDXABl.jpg

It was a really fun event, and the game itself is great. I'm looking forward to many CCG meetups.

It took me like two hours to get through my first game because the rulebook isn't very helpful and the judge/reps were busy helping everyone else (the game shop was packed), but after you get the rules down the games are pretty quick.

That does sound like it was a lot of fun! :3

Enterplay posted a PDF of the rule book on Facebook that you can download. I did that and read through it a little bit, but I am a hands-on learner so my husband and I will need to figure out the game together. Whether he likes it or not. :3

I was confused when I first started watching people play the demo on YouTube because I couldn't follow everything that was happening. Maybe with the combination of the rule book and watching the videos I will have a better idea of how to play. Especially if anyone who went to the premiere decided to make their own video today and post it.

You can download the rulebook here: https://gofile.me/22LcF/ujM4Ue22

I didn't go to the event, but I will show you guys what I got in the mail today~

img-2086053-1-DSCN2489_zpsd5374e5b.jpg

That, my brony friends, is a MLP CCG play mat. It is large enough for both you and your opponent to place your cards. This one was exclusive to a flash sale that Enterplay had on Black Friday. They have sold a few other kinds as well. Their regular play mat is one of Pinkie Pie surrounded by Discord balloons, but I like this one better.

Now I just need to wait for the release, and then for Toywiz to send my cards.

Edited by RockinRarity

It was a ton of fun. I went to the one in Boston. I work with many gaming companies and was surprised by how solid the game was. There is actually a lot of depth to the game play (which is unusual given the trend of horrible tv show to ccgs) and with the exception of the fabulous rarity hat there is not much OP. I managed to pull a foil Big Mac who seems to be a super rare. I am excited to see the complete card list.

I am happy to answer questions about the game. I will probably do a review on my gaming blog on Monday if I get around to it. They certainly tweaked it in a good way since gen con.

Edited by Robin Hoof

I am happy to draw pictures for people who want them. Just let me know. And in that spirt, Bits for all!

It was a ton of fun. I went to the one in Boston. I work with many gaming companies and was surprised by how solid the game was. There is actually a lot of depth to the game play (which is unusual given the trend of horrible tv show to ccgs) and with the exception of the fabulous rarity hat there is not much OP. I managed to pull a foil Big Mac who seems to be a super rare. I am excited to see the complete card list.

I am happy to answer questions about the game. I will probably do a review on my gaming blog on Monday if I get around to it. They certainly tweaked it in a good way since gen con.

I opened three of my four boosters, got two foil Fluttershys in them. In fact, I think almost all of my booster cards were for either Fluttershy or Pinkie decks. I wonder if the premiere boosters were intentionally skewed that way to avoid much chance of a player getting a powerful card to slip into one of the starter decks while people are playing for the very first time.

Edited by skylights

fabulous rarity hat

DO WANT

foil Big Mac

DO WANT TOO

nnnnnnggggggggggggggggggggggg Imma look for YouTube videos. But please let us know when you have posted your review. :3

Oh but I do have a question. So is it true that Applejack and Rarity don't come as foil cards? In the decks with Twilight and Rainbow Dash, are Applejack and Rarity "Friend" cards or "Mane Character" cards?

DO WANT

DO WANT TOO

nnnnnnggggggggggggggggggggggg Imma look for YouTube videos. But please let us know when you have posted your review. :3

Oh but I do have a question. So is it true that Applejack and Rarity don't come as foil cards? In the decks with Twilight and Rainbow Dash, are Applejack and Rarity "Friend" cards or "Mane Character" cards?

Applejack and Rarity are both Mane cards, but neither come in foil (at least in the ones we got for the premiere).

And Rarity's hat IS pretty fabulous. It'll be really OP if there aren't more ways to disable a resource than we've seen so far.

Edited by skylights

DO WANT

DO WANT TOO

So with the mane character cards (there are 6 of course) one side is foil and one side is not. If you wan them as a friend card you will have to try and pull them as foils. I was fortunate enough to pull a foil rarity and a non foil of the same (rather my wife was who rocked the rarity had pretty hard in the tournaments).

I. Am currently typing up the review but have to get up at 5 am tomorrow....

I am happy to draw pictures for people who want them. Just let me know. And in that spirt, Bits for all!

Applejack and Rarity are both Mane cards, but neither come in foil (at least in the ones we got for the premiere).

And Rarity's hat IS pretty fabulous. It'll be really OP if there aren't more ways to disable a resource than we've seen so far.

See, I heard about AJ and Rarity not being foils at the premiere but I wasn't sure if that changed with the final edition.

So with the mane character cards (there are 6 of course) one side is foil and one side is not. If you wan them as a friend card you will have to try and pull them as foils. I was fortunate enough to pull a foil rarity and a non foil of the same (rather my wife was who rocked the rarity had pretty hard in the tournaments).

I. Am currently typing up the review but have to get up at 5 am tomorrow....

One side is foil and one side is not for all mane character cards then? OK, as long as they are uniform it doesn't really matter to me. Rarity is my favorite and AJ is the husband's favorite so I am pretty sure that we would want our favorite ponies to have the same respect as everypony else. :3

Hahaha I can wait for the review... you need your sleep. My husband has to wake up at an ungodly hour in the morning for work 5 days a week so I sort of feel your pain. :P

See, I heard about AJ and Rarity not being foils at the premiere but I wasn't sure if that changed with the final edition.

One side is foil and one side is not for all mane character cards then? OK, as long as they are uniform it doesn't really matter to me. Rarity is my favorite and AJ is the husband's favorite so I am pretty sure that we would want our favorite ponies to have the same respect as everypony else. :3

Hahaha I can wait for the review... you need your sleep. My husband has to wake up at an ungodly hour in the morning for work 5 days a week so I sort of feel your pain. :P

And here you go, blog post made and I'm off to bed. Glad I could get it done!

http://livininagamerparadise.blogspot.com/

I am a gamer that really likes knowing what's going on and not having a card list of this game is killing me right now. I was hoping that maybe we could post any ultra rares we pulled or saw pulled to see if if we can gauge how many there are and what they are.

S maybe post pictures or text if you have some.

Currently I know of:

Zocora

Dr hooves

Rainbow dash ultra rare

Philomena

Big Mac

post-20639-0-91113400-1386555050_thumb.jpg

Edited by Robin Hoof
  • Brohoof 2

I'm interviewing the VP of Enterplay today for my show (terrible plug, sorry) and I hope to be getting the lead designer on the game too in the next day or so... hopefully we'll get some insight into the CCG and how they plan on running it over the next few years!

Just some eejit who plays games. And makes games. Oh, and reviews them. And publishes them! 

That Playmat is nice I sold it for $80, there is no competition on it right now you might be able to sell it for more. 

Enterplay sent me 3 Mat's and they said they messed up the order so I got to keep them.

That Playmat is nice I sold it for $80, there is no competition on it right now you might be able to sell it for more. 

Enterplay sent me 3 Mat's and they said they messed up the order so I got to keep them.

Nah, I'm definitely going to keep it. It's the only mlp playmat that I liked. Figures they aren't selling it in stores...

I just now heard about this today and I must say the idea seems like a neat idea. I'll have to look into on how the game is played and all. May be something I might have to look into and try out myself :3

The game is surprisingly good (so much so that my grou recruits many just by playing it). Equestria daily posted up the official rules and my blog has a break down of rules: http://livininagamerparadise.blogspot.com/

Edited by Robin Hoof

I just now heard about this today and I must say the idea seems like a neat idea. I'll have to look into on how the game is played and all. May be something I might have to look into and try out myself :3

You should prepare yourself. It's a fairly complicated game to pick it up. Once you get the hang of it it's not too bad but I personally find it a bit confusing at times

Well, I interviewed Gail from Enterplay last night (and she was lovely, it'll be an easy piece to edit!) and hopefully later I'll be able to get one of the developers too. Should have something for you guys to listen to by next week!

Also, the game isn't that complicated from what I've seen. Certainly there's a fair few working parts that need to have an eye kept on them, and the deckbuilding element could be tricky, but I reckon anyone from eight and up could play the game using the basic starter set. There are a couple of videos up that explain the workings of the game - it certainly does things a bit differently to something like Magic: The Gathering, but it'll be easy enough to grasp once you've had a game or two under your belt.

• Brohoof 1

Just some eejit who plays games. And makes games. Oh, and reviews them. And publishes them! 

Well, I interviewed Gail from Enterplay last night (and she was lovely, it'll be an easy piece to edit!) and hopefully later I'll be able to get one of the developers too. Should have something for you guys to listen to by next week!

I'm sure some of us here would enjoy seeing that interview. Post when edited and ready?

I just checked my order status on Toywiz. My booster box is apparently shipping today, but my Fluttershy/Pinkie Pie starter set now says it doesn't ship til January :( I preordered early November too. I really wanted to build a Pinke deck.