Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Video Editting Assistance

DarkParu

So I have decieded that I really enjoy the idea of doing video editing. I go tthe hard ware and software I would need to record anything i want to work with be it gaming or tv shows or anything like that. (I haven't gotten a camera yet to do live action stuff but i will work on that later)

Does anyone have any good tricks and tips for getting started and what is some good software to get. I have some software already for recording video and audio but because I already enjoyed the little i've done I'd like some feed back from anyone who might do this already to keep me on the correct path.

There are lots of different softwares to choose from, and picking one may be difficult at first, but you also need to filter out the good from the bad. There are really only 6 good softwares for editing. List!

Avid media composer (the most expensive and hardest to use)

adobe premiere (my personal favorite but still on the pricy side. There is a less expensive version, but it has less features.)

final cut 7 (hard to find but still great, like premiere it also has a less expensive version)

Final cut X (much MUCH different from 7,not many people like it, but it's super easy to use and there is a less expensive version)

Sony Vegas (a bit simpler and less popular, but it's still great and have some of the best editing software for the price of only 50 to 150 bucks)

Hit Film (can be found bundled with Vegas, it doesn't have the best editing, but makes up with super incredible special effects.)

If you want to get into special effects, go for the vegas/hitfilm bundle right away, and move up to premiere. Otherwise, just pick one based on your budget and what features you want. Also, don't pick final cut Pro X unless you have no idea how to use a computer. By the way, all the final cut softwares are mac only.

There's so much more to learn, and I suggest checking out shows like filmriot or indymogul for some more information on video tech and how to. If you have any questions in particular, feel free to send me a PM. Happy video making!

PS, this is probably the longest post I've ever made on this forum, and I'm posting from my phone :P

I would recommend cutting your teeth with Pinnacle Studio. They have a lot of features the more recognized brands have such as green screening, picture in picture, transitions, slow-time, speed-time, etc.

I've used them for almost 10 years now and why I prefer them is because you can preview anything in realtime. Take for example you want to edit audio. you can just click on the audio bar and raise/lower the section you want. No key-frames or rendering forever. Can fast-forward beautifully.

The only issue is that they do nickle and dime you. Some of their plug-ins are extra but the basic set of the current software should have most you need.

If you want to see what I've made using this, lemme know.