Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

[UPDATE]Decide which Doctor Whooves villain Citrus King does art of: THE RESULTS

Orablanco Account

(edited)

img-1697186-1-Gtd6rIb.png

"There are some corners of the universe which have bred the most terrible things. Things which act against everything we believe in. They must be fought."

-The Second Doctor

This is something I've been meaning to do for a while. In honor of my favorite show's 50th Anniversary, I humbly submit the above: a poll that will allow you to choose which classic Doctor Who villain/monster/jerk you want to see take on the Eternal Equine and his ditzy companion.

No villain is too nasty, no idea too complex (okay, maybe) for me to artify, so be sure to hit up the thread if you have any ideas for any of the monsters that'd you think would be cool to see. Polling ends in a week, so have at it, you rapscallions!

Have no idea who any of these dorky sounding things are? Take a peek below in my handy-dandy refresher course on each choice in the poll.

The Daleks

img-1697186-2-atau45x.jpg

The Doctor's oldest and most iconic enemies. They weren't always metal pepper pots of death: years of warfare and the devastation of their home planet of Skaro left them in a desperate need of adaptation to survive. Unfortunately, the only one with a solution was the licensed mad scientist Davros (more on him later), and thus, they went from being space Nazis with aims to wipe out all inferior lifeforms (i.e. everyone who isn't one of them) to being cyborg space Nazis with the firepower to back them up. Lot's of fun times with these ones, what with the constant shouting of everything they say and their plungers of death.

And no, going up some stairs will not help you.

Cybermen

post-12583-0-56800000-1375065345.png

A foe who's status as one of the all time greats is second only to the Daleks, Cybermen have but one goal: to assimilate all life in the universe and bring it to cybernetic perfection. Fast, difficult to defeat in combat, and always one step ahead, these guys are bad news. If you find a Cyberman and can't kill it quickly, the next logical step is to blow up the planet

The Master

post-12583-0-11697300-1375065363_thumb.png

The name you choose is a promise as to what kind of person you're going to be, so what more can be said of a guy who named himself the Master? A hundreds-year-old Timelord like the Doctor, the Master is his equal in every way. Except, you know, evil, and totally insane, with plans ranging from taking over the Earth with the aid of killer shop mannequins to turning everyone into a clone of himself.

And he's the only Doctor Who villain to have a musical number, so there's that.

The Weeping Angels

img-1697186-3-7J3cYU6.png

The Lonely Assassins, that's what they used to be called. No one quite knows where they came from, but they're as old as the Universe, or very nearly. And they have survived this long because they have the most perfect defence system ever evolved. They are Quantum Locked. They don't exist when they are being observed. The moment they are seen by any other living creature they freeze into rock. No choice, it's a fact of their biology. In the sight of any living thing, they literally turn into stone. And you can't kill a stone. Of course, a stone can't kill you either, but then you turn your head away. Then you blink. Then, oh yes, it can. That's why they cover their eyes. They're not weeping, they can't risk looking at each other. Their greatest asset is their greatest curse. They can never be seen. Loneliest creatures in the Universe.

Don't blink. Blink and you're dead. They are fast. Faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back. Don't look away.

And don't blink.

This one is going to win, isn't it?

Ice Warriors

post-12583-0-57641200-1375065314.png

Natives of the planet mars, the reptilian Ice Warriors are among the most races in the galaxy, despite their reliance on a cybernetic suit of armor to survive temperatures their bodies can't handle. The armor in question looks awesome and they have really cool hissy voices. What's not to love?

Trippy chases down corridors might ensue.

The Gas Mask Zombies

img-1697186-4-cmS0d70.jpg

You can keep your Weeping Angels and Silence: these things scared the shit out of me. Honestly, I'm including them here partly because their story is one of my all-time favorite Doctor Who stories ever, but they really are awesome monsters: creepy zombies, all masked, chasing down any living human they find. If they touch you, you become one of them. You don't want to know where all the zombies are getting their gas masks. Actually, you do, because that episode's incredi--

...are you my mummy?

The Zygons

img-1697186-5-pHlxlxq.png

Hey, they'll be playing a role in the 5oth Anniversary special, so why the hell not? Sure, they may look like baby-faced tentacles with skin conditions, but...they totally are. But they're still awesome! We got shapeshifting abilities, bio-mechanical technology, whispery bad guy voices, and the Loch Ness Monster as their personal attack dog.

Just look at that purty little face.

The Silence

post-12583-0-77138000-1375065334.png

Just...just look at that thing. Imagine walking into the restroom to find a seven foot tall alien cosplaying as Slederman, just standing there, regardless of whether you care that's he invading your personal space. Of course, if its a hankering for your enegry, you're toast.

The worst part? You forget about it the moment you look away. If you look back at it, it will be as if you're seeing it for the first time. So for all you know, there's one standing in the corner of your bedroom right now, and you wouldn't even know it's there because you keep forgetting about it.

You know, for kids!

The Vashta Nerada

img-1697186-6-8TtABxC.jpg

Some say the best Doctor Who monsters are the one that tap into some primordial fear, and how much more basic can you get than the fear of the dark? Also known as the Piranhas of the Air, these microscopic suckers swarm their prey and strip it down to its bones in seconds. Alone or in small numbers, they are no threat. But in the thousands, they will coordinate attacks, mimic shadows to get close to their victims, disable light sources to get closer, and use the bodies of their victims as zombie-like vessels for the swarm.

So yeah, pretty freaking terrifying.

Come to think of it, 40% of the options in the poll (Vashta Nerada, Weeping Angels, Silence, the Gas Mask Zombies) were created by one guy. And all of them have a catchphrase that's repeated to oblivion on Tumblr. So kudos to him.

Davros

post-12583-0-12349700-1375065356.png

The maniacal creator of the Daleks.

Pretty much everything you need to know about this guy can be found here:

That's so Davros!

Allons-y!

UPDATED:

Well, to the utter surprise of no one, the Kandyman Weeping Angels have won the vote! By a large margin, actually. Like, there was only one vote for the Daleks. Man, you guys really like "Blink".

Anywho, sit tight while I work my magic and make dis here Doctor Whooves art. It may take a good amount of time, but I have a rough idea of what I want to do with the Angels, so it shouldn't be too long.

But in the meantime...

Thanks to everyone who voted!

Edited by CITRUS KING46
  • Brohoof 5

Not gonna lie, I've never seen Dr. Who. But I do have a friend that's told me about it. So, I feel knowledgeable enough to answer this question.

Mark me down for SPC-173 fallen angels.  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

I'm going to be honest, I voted Davros just because I want to see how you manage to ponify him. B)

My second choice would have been the Master, but that would have too easy. And I'm mean, really.

• Brohoof 1

Hmmm, appears the Lonely Assassins are in the lead. By a wide margin, actually. They are popular with the youth nowadays, so I can see that happening.

What's really surprising is the lack of Dalek love.

Even though it won't change that much now, I voted for the Daleks. I mean, come on, the friggin' Daleks!

Classics are always the best ones. And they have the best collective "one-liner" ever.

EXTERMINATE!

I guess the lack of love comes from many people to find them annoying for some reason...

• Brohoof 1

I guess the lack of love comes from many people to find them annoying for some reason...

To be fair to those people, though, they haven't quite been the same since their reintroduction with the Eleventh Doctor was essentially an extended commercial for the new Dalek action figure wave.

tumblr_lviuqbS5JN1r5zie1o1_500.jpg

Collect the whole set!

• Brohoof 3

I have never watched Dr. Who but the two villains which peaked my curiosity is the Cybermen and Ice Warriors. I like their design overall and they'd be a great challenge for you to doodle. Even though the Weeping Angels will most likely win I'll go against the tide and choose the Ice Warriors. 

Godspeed Citrus bossdashplz.jpg?1

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
I have never watched Dr. Who but the two villains which peaked my curiosity is the Cybermen and Ice Warriors.

1. Doctor Who is awesome (OF COURSE), and I highly recommend it if you have access to the past few seasons (Netflix, Amazon Prime, whatever). It's just a fun, marvelous adventure...

290775-snipshot_a41jaqb16g7p.jpg

...most of the time.

2. Yeah, the Ice Warriors would be tough. Out of all the Doctor Who monsters, I think the Cybermen (or Cyberponies) are the antithesis of everything Equestria stands for: no emotion or love, assimilation that removes anything unique or alive from the subject, industrialized warfare as opposed to the quaint, old fashioned Equestrian life style.

Edited by CITRUS KING46
  • Brohoof 1

I love doctor who (wearing bowtie right now) and I love the doctor whooves versions of it aswell, I voted the Master because he's my favourite character out of everything in the doctor who world, I cried when he died and everyone else cried when the doctor regenerated. So I am hoping he'll win but weeping angels are always the favourite.

• Brohoof 2

Count me in on the Weeping Angels bandwagon. I happened to watch an episode with them on my mini-Doctor Who binge last week. I look forward to seeing whatever you make :)

• Brohoof 1