Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc (OOC) Defenders of Equestria

Gabriel Smith

(Honestly, most of this is just copy-pasted with some mildly comedic flair added on.)

Name: Knight-Paladin Steeleye Sungazer

Age: 10 (Referencing: http://horses.about.com/od/understandinghorses/a/Comparing-Horse-To-Human-Age.htm )

Appearance: http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j464/koingall/ponyWithBackground_zpsf7d6563d.png

Affiliation: Paladin of the Orda Templaris, on loan to the Inquisition (I stand by this phrasing.)

Skills: Combat Magic ( He is knowledgable in weapon wielding and defensive ward spells.), Expansive Photographic Memory [E.P.M.] (He has borderline-perfect memory and recall due to his cutie-mark.)

Equipment: Quicksilver- An reliable and well used longsword, finely honed and cared for, though it bears the marks of long use. It is receptive to combat magic, enabling one to augment the standard abilities of a normal blade. Blessed Armor- Essentially regular chain-mail/plate hybrid armor with bits of 'holy' paper attached. The significance is more for moral/mental support than physical defense. 'My Smiting Hammer'- Its a large warhammer. Not much more to say other than that. But he's really attached to it for some reason.

Personality: Steeleye is a relatively simple pony when such things as other ponies are involved. His manner his straight forward while remaining tactful, and his speech is short and accurate. Alone he is more of a colt, often talking to himself in a low voice with a vivid imagination. This leads to a strange conflict where it becomes near impossible to associate with him on anything more than a working basis for most ponies.

Backstory: Steeleye was born to a metal smith and a mare who has yet to be identified by him or any other. In a manner of speaking he showed up on his father's doorstep with a stark resemblance and no introduction while only a foal. With no memory of where he came from or what he was, he always felt like his father was not his own. In time he grew up, and moved on to the spartan lifestyle he lives today.

(Honestly, most of this is just copy-pasted with some mildly comedic flair added on.)

Name: Knight-Paladin Steeleye Sungazer

Age: 10 (Referencing: http://horses.about.com/od/understandinghorses/a/Comparing-Horse-To-Human-Age.htm )

Appearance: http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j464/koingall/ponyWithBackground_zpsf7d6563d.png

Affiliation: Paladin of the Orda Templaris, on loan to the Inquisition (I stand by this phrasing.)

Skills: Combat Magic ( He is knowledgable in weapon wielding and defensive ward spells.), Expansive Photographic Memory [E.P.M.] (He has borderline-perfect memory and recall due to his cutie-mark.)

Equipment: Quicksilver- An reliable and well used longsword, finely honed and cared for, though it bears the marks of long use. It is receptive to combat magic, enabling one to augment the standard abilities of a normal blade. Blessed Armor- Essentially regular chain-mail/plate hybrid armor with bits of 'holy' paper attached. The significance is more for moral/mental support than physical defense. 'My Smiting Hammer'- Its a large warhammer. Not much more to say other than that. But he's really attached to it for some reason.

Personality: Steeleye is a relatively simple pony when such things as other ponies are involved. His manner his straight forward while remaining tactful, and his speech is short and accurate. Alone he is more of a colt, often talking to himself in a low voice with a vivid imagination. This leads to a strange conflict where it becomes near impossible to associate with him on anything more than a working basis for most ponies.

Backstory: Steeleye was born to a metal smith and a mare who has yet to be identified by him or any other. In a manner of speaking he showed up on his father's doorstep with a stark resemblance and no introduction while only a foal. With no memory of where he came from or what he was, he always felt like his father was not his own. In time he grew up, and moved on to the spartan lifestyle he lives today.

Right, definitely done and complete here, your status will not be moved - I did honestly think you'd left us. And the other two?

hay, im really interested in this rp. my character is a royal gaurd with both wings and a horn (though only technically an alicorn because his wings are magical (like rarity's where)) if you have a problem with it i think a good idea to solve this is for me to leave lunas gaurds and join the knights, and since i left i get my wings taken away.

Name: Midnight Moon, To keep Equestria safe even at the cost of his life, Purple

post-18728-0-18977600-1376108286.png

Affiliation: Templar Knight

Skills:  combat and illusion magic, has great forsight on the battlefield

Equipment:  full plate armor, sword and shield which he holds magically and carries on his back when sheathed, purse containing 400 bits and a week's supply of food and water

Personality:  very serious and sometimes seems threatening or scary while on the job, but while he is not he is a more of a silly and happy pony.

Backstory:  after a few years of fighting for the royal gaurd Midnight wanted more than to protect just one Princess, but to help the whole of equestria. midnight had recently left lunas gaurds to join the knights, and was stripped of his title and had his wings taken away. Although he may be mocked by the troops he once commanded he sees his new occupation as a more fullfilling life.

Edited by midnight moon

Given that this thread hasn't seen any action in three days, I just wanted to make sure this was still happening, and perhaps remind those who had forgotten about it. I'm really looking forward to this RP, and I would hate to see it never get off the ground.

Given that this thread hasn't seen any action in three days, I just wanted to make sure this was still happening, and perhaps remind those who had forgotten about it. I'm really looking forward to this RP, and I would hate to see it never get off the ground.

We're still going forward at this time. I may cut the timer short even. And no, there's a reason I haven't added the last two trying to join to the que X3

We're still going forward at this time. I may cut the timer short even. And no, there's a reason I haven't added the last two trying to join to the que X3

I never said there wasn't a reason. Although personally I would give Midnight a pass. But that's not really my business.

I never said there wasn't a reason. Although personally I would give Midnight a pass. But that's not really my business.

As they say, "Great Minds think alike". Regardless, two more days before I start anyway. I have yet to hear from either Frosty or Rascal if they've made adjustments.

As they say, "Great Minds think alike". Regardless, two more days before I start anyway. I have yet to hear from either Frosty or Rascal if they've made adjustments.

Should I invite a friend, then? Things are looking a bit lonely at this point.

Oh. My. Gosh. Thanks to AK I got on this thread. I love it!

I know you mentioned Canterlot Guards having to be different, so I'll switch it up. I'd still prefer to use my ponysona Minath, though.

Instead of being taken in by Celestia, I was wondering if she could be taken in by the Knightly Order: Hospitalizer Group?

Name: Minath Watcher (Minath for short), to defend the weak, grey

Appearance: A ton of references in her character page

Affiliation: Knight

Skills: Extreme weapons skills (Spells, weapon tactics, ect.), minor knowledge of healing, and a fierce sense of justice and the knowledge to execute it correctly

Equipment: Her armor (See character page) and two broadaxes

Personality: See character page

Backstory: See character page

Oh. My. Gosh. Thanks to AK I got on this thread. I love it!

I know you mentioned Canterlot Guards having to be different, so I'll switch it up. I'd still prefer to use my ponysona Minath, though.

Instead of being taken in by Celestia, I was wondering if she could be taken in by the Knightly Order: Hospitalizer Group?

Name: Minath Watcher (Minath for short), to defend the weak, grey

Appearance: A ton of references in her character page

Affiliation: Knight

Skills: Extreme weapons skills (Spells, weapon tactics, ect.), minor knowledge of healing, and a fierce sense of justice and the knowledge to execute it correctly

Equipment: Her armor (See character page) and two broadaxes

Personality: See character page

Backstory: See character page

...I'm on the fence. I don't want to disappoint Alex, but there's a few umbrage points here.

1. She's a Pegi/Ali/Whatsit Corn Flake.
  2. We already have a lot of Knights.

However, I've decided to put it on the Pending list.

In that regard, would it help if I added a second character to one of the other groups? Because I'd been thinking about it for a while anyway. 

If you think you can play two characters. Though we'd still be 2 Knights 1 Other Guy.

Though we'd still be 2 Knights 1 Other Guy.

Actually, I was thinking of using my duo of Cloak and Dagger for the inquisition, so technically it would be two knights and two other guys. Plus Steeleye is on loan to the inquisition. 

Actually, I was thinking of using my duo of Cloak and Dagger for the inquisition, so technically it would be two knights and two other guys. Plus Steeleye is on loan to the inquisition. 

Steeleye still counts as a Knight though. So if you think you can play three Characters now then...

Steeleye still counts as a Knight though. So if you think you can play three Characters now then...

Oh, I can play as many characters as it takes. Just you wait and see. So you want me to do Cloak and Dagger plus a monk, then? Or another member of the inquisition? Or both? I can totally handle it.

Oh, I can play as many characters as it takes. Just you wait and see. So you want me to do Cloak and Dagger plus a monk, then? Or another member of the inquisition? Or both? I can totally handle it.

For now, just Cloak and Dagger, and maybe that Knight you made earlier. Assuming you still want to use him.

Sorry I have been gone for a while. All I want to say is do my changes need to be on the OC page or can the be made adjustingly in the RP?

Also what specific changes are needed?

Now perhaps I have misread this but it seems you've made for Celestia being an antagonist of sorts, making her somepony that the players need to avoid... why? Did you consider making het the founder of these groups perhaps instead?

Apart from the above this seems like a very interesting roleplay.

Edited by EquestrianScholar

Now perhaps I have misread this but it seems you've made for Celestia being an antagonist of sorts, making her somepony that the players need to avoid... why? Did you consider making het the founder of these groups perhaps instead?

Apart from the above this seems like a very interesting roleplay.

The reasons were given if you actually sat and bothered to read the first post. That said, I have no plans for any of the Canon Cast and while they are around and exist, will not be taking further part in this RP for the forseeable future.

I'm using the knight regardless. Other character applications incoming when I have time.

Alright...

Sorry I have been gone for a while. All I want to say is do my changes need to be on the OC page or can the be made adjustingly in the RP?

Also what specific changes are needed?

It quite simply doesn't match up with the established Bio - what Affiliation is he? for example. His backstory could also pose a problem given - y'know - mercenary. And stuffy stuff.

Yes actually I have read it all the way through and though you did explain yourself well I still did not quite agree with how you defined Celestia in this roleplay.

Yet it is your roleplay and I will not cause problems simply because of one detail that could very well not play a part. I even have characters that with a little working can be a Knight and an Inquisitor (Golden Dawn and Mythos Gray, in that order).

I'm so sorry Gabriel,I've been very busy of late and I don't have enough time to keep up with your roleplay. Is it alright if I request that I'm taken out of it? It is a great roleplay but I just can't keep up with you guys. Is this Alright? 

I'm so sorry Gabriel,I've been very busy of late and I don't have enough time to keep up with your roleplay. Is it alright if I request that I'm taken out of it? It is a great roleplay but I just can't keep up with you guys. Is this Alright? 

This is perfectly okay. I do not have any hard feelings here Rascal. Hope to very much see you again soon.