Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cutie mark crusaders future.

Pinkieparty

First let me say I'm new here. And to forums in general, I absolutely adore pinkie pie for she is best pony IMO.

Now on to the real reson for this, the cutie mark crusaders.

I know everyone speculates about what their cutie marks will be and what their special talent truly is( the exact talent, not just general ideas like in show stoppers). My question is, do we really want them to get their cutie marks? That would signify the end of the crusaders and this ruin a perfectly good character group. Granted we have babs and the two mystery ponies in manehattan, but the odds of the show moving out there away from the mane cast for them is highly unlikely. It sounds a little cruel of me to wish that the three fillies neve got their cutie marks but I really hope they don't.

What are your thoughts on the subject?

• Brohoof 2

I think that the Cutie Mark Crusaders future will have them finally getting their cutie marks, then maybe parting ways for one last time. I see that probably happening.

• Brohoof 3

If you ask me, I think either 1 or all 3 of them should get their cutie marks in season 4 or season 5.

First it well not be the end of the CMC. They well still be together, but once they get their cutie marks the writers can focus on episodes about them improving on their talents and using them in the real world. So just give it to them already.

Now I think this way because I'm not a huge CMC fan and there is only 1 episode that I like. I just feel the whole looking for a cutie mark is getting kinda old and they need to do something new to keep them fresh.

• Brohoof 2

As interesting as it would be to see the Cutie Mark Crusaders achieve their goals finally, you right, it could possibly mean the end of the character's group whole gimmick that's been going on for so long.

But at the same time, they would still be together. As one poster had just said, they could use their cutie marks to further improve themselves in whatever talent they have finally found.

Plus what I think would be a great idea, is if they began helping other blank flanks in discovering their unknown talents. The Cutie Mark Crusaders would have more than enough experience and generosity to share their teachings with other fillies and colts who have yet to earn their cutie marks. :) 

Plus what I think would be a great idea, is if they began helping other blank flanks in discovering their unknown talents. The Cutie Mark Crusaders would have more than enough experience and generosity to share their teachings with other fillies and colts who have yet to earn their cutie marks.

I kinda think thats a bad idea. It's alright, but it would just feel like a wast of time if they started just helping other and not working on their own talents. 

Besides with the CMC track record, the future fillies and colts of Equestria would be better off getting cutie mark advice from a rock. Just give them the name and have the old CMC go away.

The way I see it, if Twilight became an alicorn (who knows what the plot will be like), then I doubt the writers would have as much trouble having the cutie mark crusaders earn their cutie marks. Not to mention Rainbow Dash's goal of training for the Wonderbolts was also achieved in the series, so why not the CMCs? Assuming they don't get their cutie marks at the same time, maybe they'll still hang out and help each other get their cutie marks. Or maybe, once they have found their special talents, the writers will create a new name for the trio to replace the cutie mark crusaders (and hope it's not a bad one..).

• Brohoof 1

First let me say I'm new here. And to forums in general, I absolutely adore pinkie pie for she is best pony IMO.

Now on to the real reson for this, the cutie mark crusaders.

I know everyone speculates about what their cutie marks will be and what their special talent truly is( the exact talent, not just general ideas like in show stoppers). My question is, do we really want them to get their cutie marks? That would signify the end of the crusaders and this ruin a perfectly good character group. Granted we have babs and the two mystery ponies in manehattan, but the odds of the show moving out there away from the mane cast for them is highly unlikely. It sounds a little cruel of me to wish that the three fillies neve got their cutie marks but I really hope they don't.

What are your thoughts on the subject?

I don't want the crusaders to get their cutie marks. You're right, it would end their adventures (Of getting their cutie marks). Although the fans seem to want Scootaloo get a scooter cutie mark, I don't think that's enough reason to have them all get theirs.

The CMC will probably earn their cutie marks near the end of the show.

And I do hope MLP FIM reach at least 6 seasonsm but with Twilicorn, it will be quite hard to find ideas.

Well, they will eventually find their special talents.

Personally i hope to see them get their cutiemarks during 3 episodes.  Each one would be centered around 1 each and contain elements from previous cmc episodes ending with the one it's centered on earning their cutiemark. Would also be better if the episodes were spread out over the entirety of S4 so would feel natural and they could make appearances during episode's that doesn't revolve around them.  

Also just think about it.  The final episode would be with applebloom depressed about being the last one without one and everyone trying to cheer her up.  She doesn't listen and goes off by herself then later learns that it's ok that she doesn't have it yet because her friends are still her friends even if she hasn't caught up to them yet then when she starts enjoying herself she discovers her cutiemark. 

Bit cliche but still very inline with the show.

Also if the show does give them their cutiemark while the show's still going strong it shows growth of the world they're making and the passage of time instead of a stagnant world where they keep rehashing the same plots with different flavors.

Same with alicorn twilight, i really don't like that they made her an alicorn but i really do like the new opportunities that it opens.

Edited by NightsEmber

even though this sounds crazy, it seems they will find their special talent, but they will not break up for some reason i feel that each of their cutie marks "completes" the next which will keep them together

The future for them will always have it's ups and downs.

I'd say in the end, the will earn their cutie marks.

And as a bonus, their special talent is something that they've been doing this whole time without realizing it.

Isn't there an episode somewhere when the girls go to a talent show and they all take over the other's talent? I thought Sweetie Belle was a good singer, for one thing, My mind pulls up a blank at what the others do. However, I would like to see them get their cutie marks, if only to rub it Diamond's face, but it would be an end to a good background story. I don't think they will get their cutie marks unless it's a season finale.

Isn't there an episode somewhere when the girls go to a talent show and they all take over the other's talent? I thought Sweetie Belle was a good singer, for one thing, My mind pulls up a blank at what the others do. However, I would like to see them get their cutie marks, if only to rub it Diamond's face, but it would be an end to a good background story. I don't think they will get their cutie marks unless it's a season finale.

The episode you are thinking of is "show stoppers" one of my favorites, the skills the three fillys displayed were sweetie bells singing (obviously), scoots dancing/choreography/(perhaps) stunts based on future episodes and her desire for coolness, and appleblooms ability to fix things, maybe that just applies to buildings or with wood or other things around that treehouse, honestly appleblooms is really the only one I have trouble pinning down. Perhaps that episode was foreshadowing? Or maybe just a tease, or maybe it was a subtle lesson to the viewers that you shouldn't force yourself away from what your good at. Who knows, I'm sure eventually it will be resolved but until then I guess I'm going to have to enjoy the cutie mark crusaders while I can.

The future for them will always have it's ups and downs.

I'd say in the end, the will earn their cutie marks.

And as a bonus, their special talent is something that they've been doing this whole time without realizing it.

I understand sweetie bells talent, and scoots is starting to make sense more that I think about it but appleblooms is still extremely hard to pin down. I understand the nature of her talent but not the execution exactly.
  • Brohoof 1