Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Struggle for Canterlot

Literally Snails

OOC: http://mlpforums.com/topic/70220-the-struggle-for-canterlot/#entry1772198

Canterlot is not the beautiful city it was made to be. Crime festers in the lower parts of the city and corruption spreads among the higher class while the Royal Guard struggles to keep order. The citizens of Canterlot rarely leave their homes, and do so wearily. The city has become a breeding ground for villains. But their may yet be hope for heroes to emerge.

"Hell of a party, Shale!" Big Shot bragged. He was a very ugly fellow, an earth pony with cheeks so fat and deflated that they drooped over the sides of his mouth. He was walking alongside his personal butler, Shale, in the expansive hallways of his private mansion. "Nothing beats being rich as a god and immune to the law! This systems so damn easy to beat!"

"You aren't completely immune, sir." Shale warned. "The Royal guard is starting to make a push on organized crime."

"They can all stand upside down with their hoofs up their asses for all I care! They aint touchin' me!"

"Eloquently put as always sir."

"Thank ya, Shale!"

(All Royal guards must start out in the Royal Guard HQ. Everyone else can start in various parts of the city. This is a very open RP.)

Edited by SecretAgentSnails

Tarot sat quietly on a park bench, watching the Ponies pass. she was clearly there, but it was obvious she may as well have been invisible. Her mind was full of little snippets of past memories of the ponies who walked past her. "Father was killed"..."Siblings ran to join a gang"... "regret, regret regret". There were few stories that she enjoyed to read on these ponies. Her own past wasnt much better, and there was certainly no promise of happy times to come. She began to walk back to her little shack where she used her gift to get bits. She hated using her ability as a scam to get money, but it was the only way she could get by in this twisted society.

Capony lined his crosshairs on the head of a pony, as did his fellow squad mates. "Time to bust this drug trade, in position," he said over the COM channel. "Ready, steady, fire!" As soon as he said that, 10 of the gang members dropped, "Blow the charges," he said, and they detonated a small bomb implanted on the underside of each cart, destroying the transport. "Bingo, drug operation snuffed," he said, dismissing his group of fellow vigilantes.

Capony lined his crosshairs on the head of a pony, as did his fellow squad mates. "Time to bust this drug trade, in position," he said over the COM channel. "Ready, steady, fire!" As soon as he said that, 10 of the gang members dropped, "Blow the charges," he said, and they detonated a small bomb implanted on the underside of each cart, destroying the transport. "Bingo, drug operation snuffed," he said, dismissing his group of fellow vigilantes.

(Looks like you guys are finally posting. Guess I'll get involved then.)

"You obviously aren't very smart." A nazely vice said from behind Al's back. He had apparantly missed a thug, a suited stallion with an out of date pair of sunglasses. "You do know who owned those carts, don't you?"

"You obviously aren't very smart." A nazely vice said from behind Al's back. He had apparantly missed a thug, a suited stallion with an out of date pair of sunglasses. "You do know who owned those carts, don't you?"

Capony quickly turned and aimed the rifle at this new pony's head. "I don't, but I know it's illegal, if it were marijuana I wouldn't mind so much, but crack? That stuff messes you up, I assume your the one who owned them however. I'd suggest you stand down before you get a bullet through the head," he said, tapping a button on the side of his rifle that alerts all his allies nearby of danger nearby and where it is. 

Tarot was about to enter her house when she heard the explosion. Her curiousity got th ebetter of her and she went to see what it was. It seemed to be another drug bust, but this was the first one so close to her home. A look of concern crossed her face. She saw two ponies arguing and decided to stay silent, but watched them carefully. Pony watching was a habit of hers

Tarot was about to enter her house when she heard the explosion. Her curiousity got th ebetter of her and she went to see what it was. It seemed to be another drug bust, but this was the first one so close to her home. A look of concern crossed her face. She saw two ponies arguing and decided to stay silent, but watched them carefully. Pony watching was a habit of hers

@

Capony dropped the rifle and pulled out his to pistols in the blink of an eye. One was aimed at the head and one was aimed at the head of the new pony, "Don't think your partner can sneak up on the best in Canterlot," he said. "What's your game Big Shot, oh don't look so surprised I know who you are, you're so easy to find on any database concerning crime. Thinking you're so safe by hiring others to do your dirty work, if you really were smart, you wouldn't have written out checks to the goons you payed, and you'd also have picked members who don't squeal when give them pain."

Edited by Al Capony

Tarot was shocked. " I think you have the wrong mare" She said, voice shaky but confident. she hoped her calm demeanor might help this pony put his gun down. worst case scenario, run like the wind, though that bullet would surely catch up. "I can assure you I have nothing to do with that colt" She said, eyes glued onto the barrel of the gun

Tarot was shocked. " I think you have the wrong mare" She said, voice shaky but confident. she hoped her calm demeanor might help this pony put his gun down. worst case scenario, run like the wind, though that bullet would surely catch up. "I can assure you I have nothing to do with that colt" She said, eyes glued onto the barrel of the gun

"If you did, you would have ran or resisted, only innocents stay calm and cool. If they have a plan, they have a smirk, like Big Shot here. I suggest staying behind me, or getting to cover, this might get ugly," Capony said. "Big Shot, one of us is going to die soon, here in this very city, don't try to run, I have traces of all your connections and the locations of all your hideouts."

"If you did, you would have ran or resisted, only innocents stay calm and cool. If they have a plan, they have a smirk, like Big Shot here. I suggest staying behind me, or getting to cover, this might get ugly," Capony said. "Big Shot, one of us is going to die soon, here in this very city, don't try to run, I have traces of all your connections and the locations of all your hideouts."

(this isn't Big Shot. This is the minion of one of his minions minions. A little bit less important.)

"Well obviously you aren't that well informed if you think I'm Big Shot." The creepy stallion said with a smile. He combed back his bangs and revealed that he had been shot already. He had a huge bullet hole on his cranium. There was no blood at all. "Your snipers never missed. And if you think that that gun will have more effect than the last you are sorely mistaken." He removed his outdated sunglasses. He had no eyeballs. The flesh underneath his skin moved around as if he were a skin bag filled with snakes. Soon, eight, green tentacles ripped through his skin. They were attached to the base of a green torso and it had two long arms with sharp claws. His head was small and had a trunklike mouth that looked like it belonged to a tiny green elephant. His new torso had a large mouth on it. "Hahahaha! Feast your eyes upon me: a demon in flesh and bone! I am Hirue: the inlet of leaches!"

Tarots eyes were wide and her jaw dropped. What was this thing? She didnt move though. This creature was disgusting, but she kept her eyes glued to it. how was this possible? who could have created something like this? a million questions swirled in her mind. (That escalated quickly) "wh-what are you?" she said, her fear obvious in her voice

"Well obviously you aren't that well informed if you think I'm Big Shot." The creepy stallion said with a smile. He combed back his bangs and revealed that he had been shot already. He had a huge bullet hole on his cranium. There was no blood at all. "Your snipers never missed. And if you think that that gun will have more effect than the last you are sorely mistaken." He removed his outdated sunglasses. He had no eyeballs. The flesh underneath his skin moved around as if he were a skin bag filled with snakes. Soon, eight, green tentacles ripped through his skin. They were attached to the base of a green torso and it had two long arms with sharp claws. His head was small and had a trunklike mouth that looked like it belonged to a tiny green elephant. His new torso had a large mouth on it. "Hahahaha! Feast your eyes upon me: a demon in flesh and bone! I am Hirue: the inlet of leaches!"

"I didn't realize it would get this ugly, freak show! This pistol uses my favorite kind of ammo," Capony said, and, with a step back, fired, while saying "EXPLOSIVE AMMO! HAHAHA!" "You scared yet? If not, I suggest you should be, I've alerted the whole city to this location, if you want to stay unknown, run along, before I blow your brains out, if you have any!" 

"I didn't realize it would get this ugly, freak show! This pistol uses my favorite kind of ammo," Capony said, and, with a step back, fired, while saying "EXPLOSIVE AMMO! HAHAHA!" "You scared yet? If not, I suggest you should be, I've alerted the whole city to this location, if you want to stay unknown, run along, before I blow your brains out, if you have any!"

"I... What the... Why aren't you scared." Hirue asked in a way that said he had never not been feared before. "I mean, I'm a freaking DEMON! The creature from your nightmares! The darkest abomination from realms unknown! I mean come on, my hands have cracking mouths on them!!!" He held out one claw and a mouth lined with razer sharp teeth opened in his palm.

Gloomfury was sitting in a bar a few blocks way, nursing a hangover, when he herd the loud bang. He sighs."What now?" He finishes off the last of his bourbon and tighten the knife strapped to his leg. To get ready to put his hoof in the ass of whoever made the racket. He then steps out the door and head towards where the sound came from.

"I... What the... Why aren't you scared." Hirue asked in a way that said he had never not been feared before. "I mean, I'm a freaking DEMON! The creature from your nightmares! The darkest abomination from realms unknown! I mean come on, my hands have cracking mouths on them!!!" He held out one claw and a mouth lined with razer sharp teeth opened in his palm.

"You have no idea what I do for a living, all the suffering I see everyday, I don't fear any demons, I've been to Hades and back more times than I can count. All that I fear, is letting this city down, and that's not going to happen. Tick tock, 10 seconds to let you leave, or do I need to pull out some bigger firepower?" 

Tarot watched the scene unfold before her, but it was becoming too much. she turned and ran as fast as she could. what a coward she was. She was so confused and scared she ran right into a mysterious colt who had exited the bar. "oogh.. Oh! I am so sorry, I had no intention to run over you" she said, looking behind her to see if she could still see that... thing. 

Tarot watched the scene unfold before her, but it was becoming too much. she turned and ran as fast as she could. what a coward she was. She was so confused and scared she ran right into a mysterious colt who had exited the bar. "oogh.. Oh! I am so sorry, I had no intention to run over you" she said, looking behind her to see if she could still see that... thing. 

"Ow! You need to watch where your going!" He says with irritation. He then calms down and sighs. "Sorry that I snapped at ya. Bad week." He looks down at her and sees that she looks horrified of something. His attention goes to where the commotion is coming from. He looks back to the mare. "Do you know what the hell is going on?"

"Well, judging by your Background in the war, I doubt its anything new to you" Tarot said nonchalantly. "Theres a disgusting wierd demon thing over there fighting one of the royal gaurds. or at least I think it was a royal gaurd. Its hard to tell nowadays" she says, losing her train of thought.

"Well, judging by your Background in the war, I doubt its anything new to you" Tarot said nonchalantly. "Theres a disgusting wierd demon thing over there fighting one of the royal gaurds. or at least I think it was a royal gaurd. Its hard to tell nowadays" she says, losing her train of thought.

He raises a eyebrow and looks at her like she's mad. "What do you mean a wierd deman? Are you off your rocker or something, lass? Maybe it was just some of those gangs causing the usual hell or something."  He says as he still watches the commotion grows. But he thinks back to one of the things the mare said and looks back to her with narrowed eyes. "What do you mean my background in the war?"

Tarot looked at him funnily. "You should know, you were the one who lived it" she said, still not really thinking about it. "The whole griffon thing, which is quite an impressive fea if you ask me" she said, still watching over her shoulder before it finally hit her. oops. "oh, ummm, I read it in the papers?" she said, not very convincingly

"You have no idea what I do for a living, all the suffering I see everyday, I don't fear any demons, I've been to Hades and back more times than I can count. All that I fear, is letting this city down, and that's not going to happen. Tick tock, 10 seconds to let you leave, or do I need to pull out some bigger firepower?"

"THAT'S IT!" Hirue wailed. He jumped into the air, using his tentacles as a spring, opening the mouths on his hands and chest and screaming, "I WILL NOT BE MADE A FOOL!"

(Hirue is just a nobody minion with very little strength. This will not be a very long fight.)

Tarot looked at him funnily. "You should know, you were the one who lived it" she said, still not really thinking about it. "The whole griffon thing, which is quite an impressive fea if you ask me" she said, still watching over her shoulder before it finally hit her. oops. "oh, ummm, I read it in the papers?" she said, not very convincingly

Gloom grasps her shoulder firmly and looks at her with cold eyes."No one knows about that but the military, me and the dead and sens you're not me and I never met you in the service and you're not dead. How in the hell do you know about my life? Did the government hire you to keep tabs on me or something?" He pulls out his knife with the names Sheila and Elly carved into it and looks her dead in  the eyes. "You better start talking, lass."

(btw Elly is the griffin child's name)

Well, this is what happens when Tarot opens her mouth. "Im terribly sorry, Its my special talent. I can see peoples pasts. I didnt mean to offend you, I just forget that normal ponies dont have that ability" she said, poking the ground. "ummm, anyways. I can show you that monster I was talking about if you want?" she said, trying to change the subject

He sheaths his knife, and lets go of her . "Don't try  to change the subject, how do I know you're not just lying to me just so you can get away unscathed? Besides, I never heard of a special talent like that. And what makes you think there's really a monster? AS I said, could just be one of the gangs using a new spell or something. Or maybe you're just nuts."

Tarot glared at him. "NUTS?? YOU THINK IM NUTS?" she said angrily. she looked around for the nearest pony, a little colt playing with a racecar. "That little guy is orphaned and his parents are deadbeats in Las Pegasus." she said before spotting an older looking mare. "She fell in love young and her husband died recently, Giving her immense heartache. "She said before grabbing him and forcing him over to where she saw the monster. "And THAT thing looks pretty damn gross if I say so myself!" She said, stomping her hooves angrily