movies/tv Sofia the First

VanellopeSofia

post-19272-0-23967700-1377662663.jpg

So a few weeks ago I came across the new Disney Junior show "Sofia the First". It is no where near as good as MLP but the songs are pretty good and the characters are adorable. In my searches I've come across a group of people who watch the show as well, and was wondering if any bronies are into the show as well. I think the show is great, if you haven't seen it yet I encourage you to take a look at the movie below:

http://www.watchcartoononline.com/sofia-the-first-premier

Tell me your thoughts I'm eager to find out what you think :)

Edited by VanellopeSofia

MVZOWbq.png

I've seen a few eps here and there babysitting one of my younger cousins. She LOVES it but I couldn't really get into it like with MLP but it seems entertaining enough if you can get into it. I have to agree the songs a pretty good both catchy and the voice actors sing pretty well and the character design is pretty well done. I had no idea there was a movie of it though. Anyway I've put in my 2 cents so to anyone who likes it enjoy :D

Cedric creeps me out for some reason I can't explain though  :blink:

Cedric_and_Wormwood02.png

• Brohoof 1

JD111.gif

This adorable ball of glorious fluff that is my avatar is the creation of the glamorous Laika

Hey so Johari

I watched it alot when I babysat for a little girl, and the songs are very catchy and well done. The animation is very nice and the characters are pretty good too. Its definitely in my top 5 kids shows. But seriously, Mike the Knight makes me want to shoot myself in the face

• Brohoof 1

• 10 years later...

Yeah I won't pretend that Disney and it's major movies whether theirs from the start or due to their acquisitions could easily go south quality wise.

But their animated works recent as well as last decade including this and it's spinoff Elena of Avalor still are high marks.

Also the much neglected pilot save for DVD release had long been neglected/forgotten on Netflix and Disney Plus.

But now it is finally receiving good distribution on their YT channel:

I always liked the show. It’s an obvious product of Disney marketing in that it makes sure to showcase a different Disney princess in every episode in a cameo role, but in general the stories were good. And my favorite aspect of the show is that every episode had an original song (and pretty good songs at that!) Sofia’s step sister, Amber, is a great character; not just a snooty sister but a girl who knows what it means to be a princess and embraces it. Sofia also got to wear lots of pretty outfits and I liked that too. I watched every episode and liked almost all of them. When Disney started pushing Elena of Avalor, using Sofia as a springboard, I lost interest very quickly.

• Brohoof 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

11 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

When Disney started pushing Elena of Avalor, using Sofia as a springboard, I lost interest very quickly.

Show did get pretty good fast and surprisingly avoided relying on it's ties to StF which made a cameo at one point all the more appreciated, but I won't say anymore in case you do check it out or someone else does.

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...