Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual Manehattan RP.

Fender

@@TheLineTrotter -

"One bowl of cotton candy for here, coming right up!"  She grinned as she used her magic to get the ice cream scoop.  She might actually have some company for a bit!  Which would be nice, definitely on such a boring afternoon.  As she scooped the ice cream for the griffin, she wondered what brought him to Manehatten - maybe he'd strike up a conversation, and she could find out.  It was a pretty rare thing to see a griffin...

"Here's your ice cream," Raspberry said to the griffin.  "I hope you enjoy!  The cotton candy is a new flavor, the shop's owner decided we should try it out.  Let me know if you like it, okay?  If not, I can get you something else."  She nudged her glasses up her nose, as they had slipped down her nose a little bit, then grinned at the griffin.

@,

"Don't get cocky, tough guy." Symphony winked. "I know where you live now, after all."

She made a very obviously fake display of stretching her wings and examining a hoof for chips or scratches - almost comically so with the extent of her blatantly fake yawn. "It was okay I guess..." She teased, looking at him sideways from the corner if her eye.

• Brohoof 1

@,

@,  

Sabel landed carefully on the balcony, rolling her eyes with a good-natured smirk.  "If you two are going to be getting all emotional, I WILL sleep on the roof."  She stepped on into the apartment slowly, so as not to jar her leg.  Where's this couch he's making me sleep on?  May as well make the best out of this.  She dropped her satchel on the nearest table as she looked around his place.  "Gotta say, it's not what I was expecting.  Looks nothing like the old nest.  That the pony in you coming out again, Percy?"  She looks at the other griffon and grins, making it obvious she's just teasing.

"Don't get cocky, tough guy." Symphony winked. "I know where you live now, after all." She made a very obviously fake display of stretching her wings and examining a hoof for chips or scratches - almost comically so with the extent of her blatantly fake yawn. "It was okay I guess..." She teased, looking at him sideways from the corner if her eye.

He grinned, "Aaaaaaannnnddd....she loved it!" He chuckled at her, 

@,

@,  

Sabel landed carefully on the balcony, rolling her eyes with a good-natured smirk.  "If you two are going to be getting all emotional, I WILL sleep on the roof."  She stepped on into the apartment slowly, so as not to jar her leg.  Where's this couch he's making me sleep on?  May as well make the best out of this.  She dropped her satchel on the nearest table as she looked around his place.  "Gotta say, it's not what I was expecting.  Looks nothing like the old nest.  That the pony in you coming out again, Percy?"  She looks at the other griffon and grins, making it obvious she's just teasing.

"Yeah, yeah." He smiled, and lead them to the living room and couch. "Here you go," and lead Wind to the bedroom, "Aaaand here's the bed." He smiled, "Hope you like it." He went between the rooms, and called out. "It's not quite dark yet! Anypony have anything in mind?"

@@scooterlou

"Thanks, i`ll be sure to tell you what I think." he said, grabbing the bowl in his talons and moving to allow the stallion that had been behind him to order. Vincent grabbed a spoon with one talon, taking a rather large spoonful of the ice cream and sticking it between his beak. He was instantly delighted by the flavor, smiling contently as it did indeed taste like cotton candy.He smiled over at the pink unicorn "It`s good! Betcha it becomes a best seller sooner or later." he said with a light smirk, enjoying the bowl of ice cream. When the Stallion had ordered, Vincent decided to make conversation with the mare. "So, you live here long?" he asked curiously, wondering if she`d just moved in and was a part timer. Judgeing by the way she`d said 'the owners', that was his assumption. He blinked, realizeing he`d just asked this mare a random question without even introduceing himself. "Name`s Vincent Stormwalker, nice to meet you. Judgeing by how you ponies usually have your names, i`m gonna guess your name is some kind of ice cream?" he joked, having noticed ponies names almost always matched thier talent in some way. 

@@TheLineTrotter -

Raspberry grinned and nodded.  "Yeah, my name's Raspberry Swirl.  It's a pleasure to meet you!"  She served the stallion his order, then went back to talking to Vincent.  "I'm pretty new to town - my aunt actually owns the shop, and I ended up moving here from Ponyville to Manehattan to work for her since she needed some help with the shop, and I wasn't much help back at home..."  She flushed a little, then smiled awkwardly.  "My parents are bakers, but I'm not much of a cook - I kept messing things up on accident more often than I did things right."  She let out a little laugh, and blushed a little more.  "But I'm rambling!  I apologize."

@@scooterlou,

Vincent smirked as he heard the mare ramble, leaning on the counter and eating his ice cream as she spoke. "Ponyville? I use to go there all the time, believe it or not. Usually was a bunch of rare books from the Griffin Empire being delivered to some Treehouse library." He said, having poor memories of those trips. Even with the strength of a Griffin, those long lights with literal stacks worth of giant tombs of books.... even he was exhausted from those trips!  He smirked as she apologized for rambleing. "heh, it`s fine. It was interesting. As you may have guess, I make deliveries. I use to live in the Griffin Kingdom, but I settled down here... oh, 5 years back? I still do deliveries but... well, I injured my wing awhile back, so i`ve been taking some leave. Been wanderering around town all day, and I`m already bored out of my skull." he said with a light smirk. He loved flying too much, and even with everything in the city, he was bored even after the first day all on his own. He didn`t have many friends ethier, and most of them were Pegisi from work who were currently out on deliveries. 

@@scooterlou

"Can i have a bowl of Chocolate and Cookies and cream ice cream, miss? I've heard you serve good ice cream from a strange, and rather klutzy blue unicorn." He said, as he smiled.

'I like her. very much. But i dunno about that griffin. I hope i can get him to back down, but he seems like he could rip my skull off!  best not to try.'

He thought as his mood soured, and he stared intensly at Vincent. He forgot about it.

(A Wild Refference appeared!)

@@scooterlou

"Can i have a bowl of Chocolate and Cookies and cream ice cream, miss? I've heard you serve good ice cream from a strange, and rather klutzy blue unicorn." He said, as he smiled.

'I like her. very much. But i dunno about that griffin. I hope i can get him to back down, but he seems like he could rip my skull off!  best not to try.'

He thought as his mood soured, and he stared intensly at Vincent. He forgot about it.

(A Wild Refference appeared!)

"Sure thing!" Raspberry said to the stallion who was next in line, and began to scoop up ice cream for his order. "I can't believe that Trixie's spread the news about our little ice cream shop!" She grinned and served up a bowl of chocolate and cookies and cream ice cream. "Here you go! Enjoy your ice cream!"

@@scooterlou,

"Yep. I love her magic shows. Even though she boasts, i dont mind." He said, while smiling.

"Now, How much money do i owe you?" He said, while trying to find the menu.

'I can see why Trixie loves this place. The staff here is always friendly' He thought,  as he took out his wallet.

Autumn Glow had been flying around the city aimlessly. She herself was rather unclear on why she was wandering around when she still have a lot of things to do. The pain in her skull had subsided, but it was replaced by something else, something more subtle. There were so many emotion imbalances in the city... Her line of thoughts were quickly interrupted with a loud rumble from her stomach. "Oh dear."

@@scooterlou,

After circling a couple of city blocks Autumn finally came across an ice cream shop. She quickly trotted in and ordered, "Hello there! Do you have any waffles? I would like two waffles with three chocolate ice cream, please!" Autumn Glow looked around her and did a double take. She gawked. "Why would a griffon eating ice cream?"

@,

@,

"No idea. Guess we exhausted the whole 'drinking' thing a bit early." Symphony answered Percy's question with a knowing smirk. "I'd probably still just be out looking for..."

It was far too easy to talk to these two - to forget that they were still practically strangers. In hindsight she decided that they probably wouldnt react well to finding out more about her or the game - despite her little display to Percy earlier.

"... something to do." She finished flatly.

Edited by Cinderscribe
  • Brohoof 1

@-

"That'll be three bits," Raspberry said.  "And I love her shows too!  I got to see one before I left Ponyville to come to Manehattan, it was great!  Hopefully she'll come here so I can see her perform her magic show again."

@@Starshine-

After the stallion left the line, she turned to the tall pegasus that was next in line and took her order.  "We do have waffles - we make them fresh!  Which means it might be a little bit of a wait, if that's okay?"  Raspberry was enjoying the sudden rush of customers in the shop - this was better than the past couple of afternoons, where she pretty much just washed tables and sang to herself.  She shook her head a little, pulling herself out of her thoughts, and looked back up at the pegasus. "I do have some frozen that I can heat in a hurry, if you're in a rush - the frozen ones were made this morning, so they're still pretty fresh."  Raspberry smiled, happy for the flurry of activity in Two Scoops.

@@scooterlou,

"Here ya go, And keep the change." He said, giving her 4 bits, and taking his ice cream.

He took his spoon, and dug in.

"Daaaang! Trixie was'nt just blowin some kinda lie! It really is great!" He said, smiling.

"I got an idea. If i make an flyer for music while you enjoy the ice cream,

Thats a for sure way of getting visitors! I will do it for free. If thats alright with you, Raspberry?"

He asked the mare.

@,@,  

He turned to Wind, "You okay? You sound like you just lost whatever idea you might have, completely." He approached the mare slowly, "You tired or something?" He frowned, offering a claw toward the bed.

Gonna post this in the OOC as well, but: It's about 7:30 PM in the RP day now.

@,

"Yeah, sorry, I'm fine."

She rubbed the back of her neck with a hoof under the pretence of tiredness as he had suggested, smiling weakly.

"It's just been a long day, that's all." She said.

It was true: while she played her game to stay in practice, she had lost the edge that living on the streets had once afforded her - just as much mentally as physically. Between the mark from that morning, Vincent's chase, the mare in the street and racing Sabel, not to mention the verbal back and forth with Percy...

Edited by Cinderscribe
  • Brohoof 1

@,  

"Yeah, sorry, I'm fine." She rubbed the back of her neck with a hoof under the pretence of tiredness as he had suggested, smiling weakly. "It's just been a long day, that's all." She said.

Percy smiled, and sat her down on the bed for a moment. He held up a claw and one talon, "Gimme just a minute, I have something you might like." He flew into the kitchen, grabbed some of the 'fake meat' he had. He also was sure to grab a fruit salad he had made the night before; he was used to eating greens now. He took the meat to Sabel, "Enjoy." he grinned. He then flew back into the bedroom and set the salad next to Wind, "Hope you like it." He smiled, "I couldn't bring you here and not have something for you to eat."

@@scooterlou,  @@Starshine,

Vincent realized that with so many ponies coming in now, the mare would probrably be too busy for conversation, atleast for a little while, so he decided not to bother her until things smoothed over. He continued to eat his ice cream quietly, when he suddenly heard the Pegasus mare that had just ordered  speak to him, raising a brow at her. "And what exactly is wrong with a Griffin eating ice cream?" he said, sounding a little annoyed that just because he was a Griffin, people had to question why he`d come to an ice cream shop. 

"Well, Griffins are quite rare,Besides in the  Griffin kingdom. Especially in equestria, and such." He explained.

"We dont really know much about the eating habits of a griffin."

Virv Explained. "I infact think a griffin eating ice cream is normal, And nomatter who eats it, Its almost everywhere. Ponies, griffins and such eat it because it tastes good, or like a certain particular flavour." He then goes back to eating some more of his icecream, thathas been mixed(By him) into a chocolate and cookie icecream.

@

@

Sabel rolled her eyes at the meal, muttering a sarcastic "Gee, thanks."  She really was thankful, but it was hard to get excited about the meat substitute.  I wonder if I could use this stuff to catch some real game.  Eh, probably not...  With a shrug she threw the food into the air, catching it in her beak and scarfing it down without really tasting it.

As Percy went back into the bedroom with Wind, Sabel sighed and wandered back out onto the balcony.  She spread her wings while leaning against the railing.  Not as good as flying, but the building was high enough to at least let a breeze brush through her feathers.  Man, what the heck am I doing here?  Those two are really hitting it off...  Maybe I should just take off so they can have some time to themselves...  She shook her head, the young griffon content to let the breeze blow through her wings while she wrestled with her thoughts.

• Brohoof 1

@,
@,

Looking at the food with a half smile, Symphony picked at a piece and ate it.

"I told you, I'm fine." She muttered with a smirk, watching him out of the corner of her vision. "Thanks... No idea what you're going to give to that date you're looking for now though."

She stretched out her wings - a lack of flying leaving them in a near constant state of discomfort. Not painful by any means, just uncomfortable. "I just need five to stretch out and chill, thats all."

More than anything, she was concerned about the other griffin: Sabel insisted that she was okay but the mare could tell that something was bothering her - if not exactly what.

• Brohoof 1

@@TheLineTrotter, @-

Raspberry cast a look in Vincent's direction, a hopeful smile, almost as if to say 'Please stick around for a bit?'  She then turned back to Virvidian.  "That sounds like a great idea!  A live music night could be lots of fun!  I'll have to ask my aunt to make sure she's fine with it, since she owns the shop, but I'm sure she'll be okay with it!"  

At that moment, Raspberry's Aunt Dreamsicle made her way in, and her face lit up as she looked at all the customers.  "Wow, look at all the customers!" she said to Rasbperry.  "Go ahead and take off, you've been here since we opened.  I'll take it from here."  Raspberry nodded to her aunt and made her way out from behind the counter to a seat in a booth at the back of the shop.  If Vincent wasn't terribly busy, maybe he'd come over and talk to her - he seemed really interesting, but she didn't want to be pushy and butt into his conversation...

She took a look at the clock and realized it was much later than she thought - it was evening now, no wonder why Aunt Dreamsicle had come by to relieve her.  'I guess time flies when you're bored,' she thought to herself.

Edited by scooterlou

@@scooterlou,

Vincent smiled when the mare gave him that hopeful smile. He had plans to stick around for abit, maybe hang out with the mare, or someone else if she was busy.   when the mare, presumably the aformentioned aunt came in, Vincent gave the older mare a smile. "Nice place you have here. The cotton candy flavors fantastic!" he mused as he watch Raspberry move to a booth in the back, moving over and setting the ice cream down and sitting in the seat across from her. "Mind if I sit here?" he said as he slid into the other side of the booth from where the mare was sitting. "Now, where we?" he said, refering to thier earlier conversation.

@@TheLineTrotter -

"I don't mind at all," she said to Vincent with a smile.  "Let's see, I was rambling on about how I didn't really fit in at home, I think you were talking about how you're on leave from work..."  She closed her eyes and scrunched her face up a little bit as she tried to remember.  "I think that was it," she said, and nudged her glasses back up her nose with one hoof.  "How'd you end up injuring your wing, if you don't mind me asking?"  she asked, curious.

@@scooterlou,

"Yeah, that sounds about right." he said as he continued to finish up his ice cream, just about done with it.  At her question he rubbed the back of his neck. "Oh, well, ya see..." he glanced back at his wing. "I made a stupid mistake. I was on this delivery, to Canterlot, and i`d been flying all night. I had planned on resting in Ponyville and finishing the delivery the next day, but I decided I could afford to land real quick and get a breather." He looked back towards the pink mare "As it was though, I was flying over the Everfree forest. I was resting for just a few minutes, but... a manticore got he jump on me. Nearly tore it off. I managed to limp through the Everfree until some Zebra found me. She fixed me up enough and let me stay the night at her hut before I walked to Ponyville. I went to a doctor, said that my wing won`t really ever heal fully, so no more long flights for me. Still, says if I stay off it a few weeks, should heal enough for me to fly again."