Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Poniverse Should Branch Into Video Games

Harmonic Revelations

So I have an idea. Poniverse should branch out into video games. This is the perfect way to reach young-uns these days with their Facetubes and Youbooks. So basically the game will play similarly to Ace Attorney, except instead of being an attorney you are Feld0 delivering a speech at Bronycon, choosing various dialogue to keep the audience intrigued. Good idea, no?

The player has different dialogue options that affect how the game turns out. One of the random events I had planned would be Lord Bababa demanding Mountain Dew and Feld0 having to go on a fetch quest to receive it. It could have a platforming element there.

We could have Feld0 dodging various fans looking for autographs, cosplayers, and staff. Maybe he could have an attack where he launches a ball of energy. That would be cool. He could also have some punches and kicks as we all know that Feld0 has extensive experience in martial arts.

The game would have RPG elements too, you could level up your Feld0 and get accessories for him like scarves and glasses. Maybe we could even have suits he could put on to change his appearance entirely like Harry Potter suits or Doctor Who suits if we could permission from those respective intellectual property holders.

Feld0 could advance his skills like Chilling and Getting this with skill points he earns.

Various enemies could appear. For example, Feldo could battle lost pizza delivery men who accidently stumbled into Bronycon, they would throw pizza slices at Feld0 and he would have to blast them away with energy and they could explode. Another enemy might be a cop on a segway trying to arrest Feld0 for speeding because Feld0 had gone too fast on the way to Bronycon. The cop would be slower but more powerful then the Pizza Men.

Feld0 could also explore the entirety of Baltimore and not just the convention center. Several stores would be open, but some would actually secretly be ambushes or traps (i.e. Eating at Subway puts a temporary Tuna Fatique on the player character)

Once the objective had been completed in platforming mode he would have to return to the area of the speech so he could continue talking. 

But on the other hand, the main focus would be on story as Feld0 gives his rivetting speech. The player could choose options that would affect the outcome of the game as a whole and they could affect Feld0's morals, he could become Good Feld0 or Evil Feld0, respectively, over time, depending on which choices the players made in their dialogue and in gameplay.

This will definitely give Poniverse the boost to popularity that it needs. The game could even be multiplayer. We could go maybe for Microsoft with the Xbox 360 or wait and release on the Xbox One. Depending on when the planned release date is. With the multiplayer feature the players could control several other members of the Poniverse staff, each with their own unique skills and abilities.

I'm sure site staff could scrape the five hundred trillion dollars necessary for development out of the glove boxes in their cars or such. Or maybe we could earn it by playing the guitar on the street corners for about 2131 years, that would also cover development costs. The option is of course up to the discretion of the staff team.

So, yay or neigh?

Rough Concept for Box Art:

img-1866144-1-1bY9xoY.png

Customization concept:

img-1866144-2-POHsgsn.png

Edited by Harmonic Revelations
  • Brohoof 14

I have seriously considered making an MLPF staff platformer/fetch quest fest in the past.

Never really got off the ground though, and right now, I'm not in a position to work on any projects anyway :/

Actually there is something relating to gaming in plans for Poniverse... so far we've been fairly silent about it. We're taking out time and carefully planning things out as we speak! If we're going to do some Poniverse/MLP Forums gaming thing we're going to try our best to do it right, and make it worthy of the awesome people of the brony fandom. :)

But making a full game is... not something currently on the agenda. ^^; Making a full game is rather challenging, and while we do have coders most are being dedicated to various forms of web development and custom content. (Be it for our current project or the other ones like Pony.FM.) 

• Brohoof 4

Yeah, I'll go ahead and make it with the tech skills I don't have... :P

Anyway, that sounds kinda cool and hilarious actually, but I don't know if we have anyone capable of making a game on the staff honestly... :huh:

At first I thought it was a joke, but seeing that it's in the feedback section, I assume that this is serious.

If it weren't only about Feld0 and the glory of the staff, but about MLP community as a whole, I would give you my hands.

Pretty much what Marcato said. As far as I know, there is a Poniverse gaming thingy (see this status update.) I'm just an underling though, what do I know?

Edited by Pinkie Pie
  • Brohoof 1

Yeah, I'll go ahead and make it with the tech skills I don't have... tongue.png

Anyway, that sounds kinda cool and hilarious actually, but I don't know if we have anyone capable of making a game on the staff honestly... huh.png

Silly SBB, we weren't going to have the mods make it, we were going to have the tree dwarfs that live in the great Canadian wilderness make it.

• Brohoof 2

Pretty much what Marcato said. As far as I know, there is a Poniverse gaming thingy (see this status update.) I'm just an underling though, what do I know?

Very informative. Thank you. 

• 2 weeks later...

At first I thought it was a joke, but seeing that it's in the feedback section, I assume that this is serious.

If it weren't only about Feld0 and the glory of the staff, but about MLP community as a whole, I would give you my hands.

Although text adventures aren't really considered games anymore, on behalf of the upcoming adventure of MLPTA's Staff, I'd like to personally invite you as part of a "shameless group-plug" to the upcoming game we will create (even though it became more of a community story than a game)

http://mlpforums.com/topic/74939-mlp-text-adventure-story-detailsrulessuggestions-come-help/?p=1896241

Although text adventures aren't really considered games anymore, on behalf of the upcoming adventure of MLPTA's Staff, I'd like to personally invite you as part of a "shameless group-plug" to the upcoming game we will create (even though it became more of a community story than a game)

http://mlpforums.com/topic/74939-mlp-text-adventure-story-detailsrulessuggestions-come-help/?p=1896241

Not interested.

Just a note, text adventures are still games.

• 2 weeks later...