Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Project Chibi Ponies Online

BronyPony

DISCLAIMER: I know there have been MLP online games that have been shut down because of the copyright issues, but I think this game is not copyrighted because of the following reasons:

• The style of the characters are not of the My Little Pony franchise.
  • The characters are not technically ponies, but Chiponies.
  • The worlds will not be based off the series.
  • etc..

I hope that Hasbro does not attack me because of the game and they shouldn't because I do not see any infringement besides the backgrounds that will be replaced. This is just a notice.

Inspired by an image I saw, I decided to begin working on a project of Chibi ponies, or Chiponies(I guess?).

Here is a screenshot showing progress so far.

img-1868817-1-mve2.png

Not really good graphics, but good for now until I get some artists. This game is online(from the title). Basically, it is supposed to be a side-scrolling online chibi pony game. It is a socializing game where you can do quests, do mini games, explore different parts of Equestria, etc.

There isn't really much to say at the moment, but I really would like to receive some help on:

• Art of the game
  • Music of the game
  • Sound effects

If you would like to help, just post that you would like to help(or PM me, one or the other). You will receive credit for your work, of course.

Hope some people are interested in the idea.

Some of the current art in the game is a replacement until better art is produced for the game.

The game is now released in development phase: http://www.mediafire.com/?tcrn9z2fqzyp1dn

Basic controls:

• Enter - Chatting
  • WASD - Movement

The stage is pretty simple at this very moment, so not much really to test besides the stability of the server. In order to enter the server, you must enter the following IP address...

I will be online for a bit to test more things. Also, all files in the folder must stay together in order for the game to work.

At this current moment, you can only customize your character's color(but it doesn't save). It is done by entering the R, G, and B at the beginning of the game. If you want help finding the values for R, G, and B for a specific color, here is a nifty tool.

http://www.2createawebsite.com/build/hex-colors.html

Workers on the project(so far officially established):

• BronyPony(Head of development)
  • Keypassion(story designer, tester)
Edited by BronyPony
  • Brohoof 4

No way I can help with anything, But this sounds like it'd be pretty cool to play. Sorry I can't do anything to assist you as I'm not good at anything like that. :c

• Brohoof 1

No way I can help with anything, But this sounds like it'd be pretty cool to play. Sorry I can't do anything to assist you as I'm not good at anything like that. :c

Well, thanks for the comment. 

I am going to release a video of the online test once I get the server up. smile.png  I hope people will like it.

The game is now released as development phase. Download is up in the first post for everyone who is interested in playing the game.

• Brohoof 1

oh wow, game maker. haven't seen that in a long time

the game crashed when I was typing a message /=|

anyway, it looks interesting. if you guys ever need another coder, I could help out. definitely could use the exprience

Currently the chat system is a bit buggy. I recommend everyone chat by adding my Skype because it would be easier until a new chat system is implemented.

-snip-

I've played the game, and it's okay. There's not much to do, since you haven't added anything yet. I'd like to see more. biggrin.png I could definitely do some animations for it, if you ever need any. I can't make the actual art for the characters, though. Digital art isn't my strong point.

Edited by Swick

I will be releasing another test release today once I pack a few things into the download and fix some glitches. This will include better camera views. Here are the additions in the new test release:

• Pony races(only Earth and Pegasi so far).
  • Better chat system

Here are some known glitches that will be fixed in future releases:

• If you collide with an object and keep going in the direction of the collision, the scenery will do weird things.

This idea is cute :3 

I think I could help you smile.png

I'm a pony artist, and maybe you'll like my style wink.png

I don't know I'm good enough, but I try to progress.  

I will definitely need art for the title screen and menus. Thanks for offering assistance. I will get back to you soon on the matter. 

I've played the game, and it's okay. There's not much to do, since you haven't added anything yet. I'd like to see more. img-1874597-1-biggrin.png I could definitely do some animations for it, if you ever need any. I can't make the actual art for the characters, though. Digital art isn't my strong point.

I will also have you do menu art. Since the characters are mainly digital style, you can create some of the menu art and maybe even the icon.

Thanks for offering assistance.

Here is the link to the new test version: http://www.mediafire.com/?jl5529s34ed0lrm

Here are some snapshots of the new text:

afn6.png

oty5.png

Edited by BronyPony
  • Brohoof 1

I will also have you do menu art. Since the characters are mainly digital style, you can create some of the menu art and maybe even the icon.

Woah, hang on a second. I offered to do character animation if you needed some done. I already stated that I'm no good with digital art. I've got a bunch of other projects too, and I don't want to get too involved with any others. A few character animations; it's either that or nothing.

Woah, hang on a second. I offered to do character animation if you needed some done. I already stated that I'm no good with digital art. I've got a bunch of other projects too, and I don't want to get too involved with any others. A few character animations; it's either that or nothing.

Hold on, I didn't mean anything. I misread your post and thought you meant you were not good at the other, but at one.

Character animations will be fine, however I already have someone doing that right now. smile.png

Hold on, I didn't mean anything. I misread your post and thought you meant you were not good at the other, but at one.

Character animations will be fine, however I already have someone doing that right now. smile.png

Okay, that's cool. If you need some kind of other animation, feel free to message me. It's always fun to try something new. I've never animated Chibis before. :) Sorry for sounding like a jerk. :P

Edited by Swick

Okay, that's cool. If you need some kind of other animation, feel free to message me. It's always fun to try something new. I've never animated Chibis before. smile.png Sorry for sounding like a jerk. tongue.png

No problem at all.

Anyways, the new release is up there if anyone wants to try the new test release. I am waiting for testers so that I can get this thing off the ground.

BARDIO, MY GOOD FRIEND BUT NOT REALLY

I would be happy to work on music duty! But it depends on what you need because I can sing but I am garbage at making background music unless you provide me with the sheets so I can play.

I promise I will test it tomorrow, though, and I can chat with you in PM about anything. :3

BARDIO, MY GOOD FRIEND BUT NOT REALLY

I would be happy to work on music duty! But it depends on what you need because I can sing but I am garbage at making background music unless you provide me with the sheets so I can play.

I promise I will test it tomorrow, though, and I can chat with you in PM about anything. :3

I don't know what that is all about...but

Sure, I will probably have some singing music in the game for some parts that I will need. 

I don't know what that is all about...but

Sure, I will probably have some singing music in the game for some parts that I will need. 

I'm sorry, you know what I'm like when I'm exhausted from chat. I am a mini-explosive. Except I'm not really mini, I'm kind of fat, but that is neither here nor there.

Do you have particular lyrics and or musical styles you would prefer, or will they be provided?

I'm sorry, you know what I'm like when I'm exhausted from chat. I am a mini-explosive. Except I'm not really mini, I'm kind of fat, but that is neither here nor there.

Do you have particular lyrics and or musical styles you would prefer, or will they be provided?

The lyrics of the smile song would be something that I would need. That is mainly it at this very moment, though later I might ask for more songs.

Here is a new release with some screenshots:

q0y.png

lau6.png

Here are the new features:

• New races(unicorn, alicorn)
  • New customization screen.

Here is the download to the new version: http://www.mediafire.com/?8fdosawo3i6xli7