Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Work In Progress - Rainbow Factory: Death Metal-ish... sorta...

Arkane

http://eqbeats.org/track/336

So.. I made that. Trying to get that Death Metal tone. the vocals are not final. Still in the heavy editing progress. This is not the full song too.

The vocals are also temporary. I'm planning on doing some screaming/growling/squeeling. Though not quite sure if it'll turn out good.

I need your suggestions, guys!

You're gonna turn that into death metal?

Okay then. Here's what you'll need.

• Guttural Vocals
  • Satanic Lyrical Themes (Try to tie in Satan as much as you can with Rainbow Factory)*
  • More crunchy guitar
  • No Keyboards. Absolutely no keyboards.
  • Br00tal Bass
  • Involve killing a pony. Somehow.**
*If going with this, I expect Rainbow Dash with an inverted cross burnt upon her head.

**Optimal choice for this would be Fluttershy - as it would be so BR00TAL.

Also I advise you be careful with this, as many metalheads will shit on you if you get it wrong. Best of luck though. :)

You're gonna turn that into death metal?

Okay then. Here's what you'll need.

• Guttural Vocals
  • Satanic Lyrical Themes (Try to tie in Satan as much as you can with Rainbow Factory)*
  • More crunchy guitar
  • No Keyboards. Absolutely no keyboards.
  • Br00tal Bass
  • Involve killing a pony. Somehow.**
*If going with this, I expect Rainbow Dash with an inverted cross burnt upon her head.

**Optimal choice for this would be Fluttershy - as it would be so BR00TAL.

Also I advise you be careful with this, as many metalheads will shit on you if you get it wrong. Best of luck though. :)

I guess I could increase the volume of the drums? Or should I entirely change the drum pattern and add more snare?

The Lyrics will stay the same. As for the guitar, I'm limited because of my amp.. which is GR4

Is there a setting in GR4 to make it sound more crunchier?

And as for the keyboards... well.. I want to incorporate some orchestral elements to it since I'm aiming for something different. Think Symphonic Death/Black Metal. Or maybe I should tone it a wee bit down and change the genre?

Bass? No prob.

Killing a pony? I'm not sure how would that go..

Thanks, btw

I guess I could increase the volume of the drums? Or should I entirely change the drum pattern and add more snare?

The Lyrics will stay the same. As for the guitar, I'm limited because of my amp.. which is GR4

Is there a setting in GR4 to make it sound more crunchier?

And as for the keyboards... well.. I want to incorporate some orchestral elements to it since I'm aiming for something different. Think Symphonic Death/Black Metal. Or maybe I should tone it a wee bit down and change the genre?

Bass? No prob.

Killing a pony? I'm not sure how would that go..

Thanks, btw

For the most part, that was me half serious/half screwing around.

I'm not too sure about guitar settings, as I haven't any experience with it, but I've a bit of experience.

If you plan to add keyboards and turn it into Black Metal, I highly suggest more emphasis on the guitar/bass sound rather than drums, and focus on high screechy vocals. For reference, take a look at Vektor and Burzum.

And the "killing a pony" thing was a joke. Death Metal and Black Metal often have lyrical themes dealing with killing others, whether it be because they can or for a ritual, so for doing a BM/DM version you'll have to be careful about your lyrics. That being said, many other Death Metal bands don't always talk about killing (Death and Atheist for example).

I highly suggest you contact CynicalBrony the Derpiest or Crispy for this. I'm not that far into Death Metal, and those guys would know more than I would.

For the most part, that was me half serious/half screwing around.

I'm not too sure about guitar settings, as I haven't any experience with it, but I've a bit of experience.

If you plan to add keyboards and turn it into Black Metal, I highly suggest more emphasis on the guitar/bass sound rather than drums, and focus on high screechy vocals. For reference, take a look at Vektor and Burzum.

And the "killing a pony" thing was a joke. Death Metal and Black Metal often have lyrical themes dealing with killing others, whether it be because they can or for a ritual, so for doing a BM/DM version you'll have to be careful about your lyrics. That being said, many other Death Metal bands don't always talk about killing (Death and Atheist for example).

I highly suggest you contact CynicalBrony the Derpiest or Crispy for this. I'm not that far into Death Metal, and those guys would know more than I would.

Then I should keep the drum volume or should I lower it and increase the guitar and keyboard volume? but wouldn't that make everything flood out the drum sounds?

As for the guitar, [not the settings] should I lower the octave?

And about blast beats. What's the common pattern for it?