Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Crystal Requiem: The Rise of King Sombra

EcstaticWind

Aegis Dare

"My team specializes in Archaeology. If you want to know what the other departments do, you'll have to inquire at our Canterlot offices. We're always looking for good scientists and doctors," Aegis said, still unsure of how to deal with Icarus. Especially not with the shiver running down his spine, though that could be the cold. "The Research Division is technically an irregular division of the Royal Guard, so we're all military personnel. We're just outside the usual chain of command."

Bright Eyes

@

He cleared his throat, and spoke again, gradually suppressing his accent. "Ah'm sorry about snappin' at you. Ah just don't understand all the philosophy. It's not something I'm used to. Yes, the southern accent is my natural accent." He looked at the ground, looking ashamed. "I can't even talk to mares without doing something stupid..."

((OOC: Bringing back colour-coded characters because I feel like it.))

@@Windbreaker"Hey... no point in beating yourself about it... you try and you learn... that is the way the world works. I mean you'll make mistakes around other mares, as we mares do to stallions we like sometimes. I mean... look at me! I got all egg-head on you... i shouldn't have done that! That was rude." 

Aegis Dare

(Mention Commander Tangent)

"We're to investigate a source of Dark Magic. And that's all I'm gonna say on the matter," Aegis said, sitting down with a bowl of stew and a cup of tea. Barely waiting for it to cool down to manageable levels, he began eating large spoonfuls of the hot stew. Within a minute, he'd finished the bowl and gulped down his tea. One would think he hadn't eaten in years.

Bright Eyes

@,

"Well...Miss Darkeye, would you join me for some tea?" Bright Eyes offered. Then he thought of something. 'Is everypony on this expedition awkward or psychologically scarred in some way? Has nopony considered that this could be a problem at all?'

@@Windbreaker, Selune was surprised... pleasantly that is. She smiled for a bit in silence... realising she was making this akward she noded saying "Yes... i'd love to... something to relax. Honestly... you asked me in the best time... i don't know if you feel it, there is something strange in the air. It is making me feel uneasy... and tea would be good this time after eating." ((OOC:You might want to advance the story a bit.))

((OOC: Apologies in advance for the godmodding, but we’ve got to get this show on the road.))

The ponies had finished eating, drinking and talking, and their thirty minutes was up. Snowy walked back to the centre of the group.

“Your time is up. Get to your tents now. When dawn comes, I will not wait for you. Be ready, or be left behind.”

His words were cold, but he had a point. This was an important mission, more important than anything else. Aegis nodded in agreement, then stood up.

“You heard Agent Fields. Bed time, everypony. Rest up, ‘cause we leave early!” He yelled, earning a glare from Snowy.

Two weeks later…

Everypony gathered outside a cave that, according to the reports, led to the ruins. Kinetic’s eyes lit up as he stared at it. “By the Sisters, it’s wonderful. Oh, how I quiver with excitement.”

“Easy there, Kine. I know you’re excited, but keep it together,” Aegis said, in considerably higher spirits compared to two weeks ago.

Poppy rolled her eyes at the two. “Idiots, the pair of them…”

Edited by Windbreaker

"Finally something other than endless fields of snow. Now things can start to get interesting." Midnight Sky said to himself. As an expert on magic, he was barely able to contain his excitement to learn what the source of this dark magic is. Even though when they had first set our he had been unable to sense it, Midnight could now feel it in the air even with it being a couple weeks old. While he hadn't associated much with his companions, Midnight was glad to have them nonetheless. There was no telling what might happen once they entered this cave, and it was nice to at least have some ponies there to assist in protecting the research team.

Icarus stared at the entrance to the cave.

So it seems I might be able to complete my old expedition after all 

He hadn't really interact with his teammates since his arrival, only conversing when necessary, and when they inquired about his job. He had also manged to keep his face concealed.

"Hmm, most intriguing, were this movement has taken us" Icarus muttered.

Icarus checked his bag to make sure his poisons were still organized, and then looked to the rest of the group.

@,  ((Sorry it took me a while to respond.))

Gloomfury listen to what Eclipse had to say. He nods. "You make a good point. But focusing only on piece is not a good thing ether. It make you seem weak or a pushover. So a lot of nations will won't to take advantage of that. One must always be ready to fight, no matter what. But I can see that Celly has good intentions. So I'm sure she's not weak. Plus she has a real nice flank."

Sorry for my lack of posting, I'll try to keep up better now - been really busy and most of the time I spend on here is keeping another RP on track I'm afraid.

It had been a challenging couple of weeks: the snow, ice and wind were bad enough - but the company was what put Eclipse on edge. That, and the lack of contact from back home - no updates, no delayed briefing... just the word of his 'companions' that everything was as it should be...

That said, at least conflict had been kept to a minimum - and there were certain ponies who's presence were tolerable - he might even have gone so far as to say he enjoyed the company of some of them!

"Well this is perfectly ominous." The Lunar guard commented to anyone who might happen to be listening, raising the small fire into the air to try and shed some light into the darkness.

@@Windbreaker"Well Bright... you wanted field work? Here it is! Now let's chase this fleeting enchantress dancing in our dreams... adventure!" Selune had grown accustomed to the southerner pony that went by the name Bright eyes. She would definitely count him as a friend... as for the rest... who knows? He'd have to speak it up if there was something. Not like she was a seer or something.

Bright Eyes

@,

"Yeah... Hey, Selune... Let's be careful in there. Ah just... well, Ah just don't want to see you get hurt." Bright Eyes said. He'd given up trying to hide his accent, but he still had confidence issues. Selune had been a big help, though. The only reason he hadn't given up yet was because of her. 'Great big spooky cave. Why not? At least it's somethin' that isn't snow.'

Snowy Fields and Poppy Seed

@,

@,

Snowy made an ice platform and addressed the group. “This will lead to the ruins you have been hired to investigate. And it is here that I leave you. Eclipse Scribe, you are leader of the Guard Team. Poppy Seed, you shall take my place as Overseer on this mission. Understood?”

“Yes sir. I won’t let you down.” Poppy said. 

@@Windbreaker,

Eclipse saluted, not expecting the turn of events but far from surprised. There was a reason he was here after all: he ensured things got done at any cost. If these were to be the 'guard team' they would need a competent soldier in change who was willing to make the decisions that the idealists would struggle with - and the traitors would make all too quickly.

"Understood. By her will, I shall not fail." He said, raising a hoof to his heart before turning towards the mare known as Poppy Seed. "We stand ready - how would you like to progress, Miss Seed?"

@@Windbreaker, Selune smiled... not knowing how to properly answer she did the only thing people do when they want to express gratitude. She surprised him with a hug... she did not know what else to do... but knowing that there were other surrounding him she soon proceeded to release him from her grasp. She gave him a big smile and just let things express themselves. Finally she spoke...

"Thank you... i will if only for you."

Bright Eyes

@,

Selune hugged him... Never in all his life did he imagine that such a thing would happen. It was shame that it had to end, though. When she let go, his face went bright red.

"Hehe, Ah, uh, Ah will, too." He managed to say, before devolving into ecstatic giggling.

Poppy Seed

@,

"We'll proceed into the ruins. From there, the Guard Team will secure a safe location. The Science Team will remain at said safe location until I say otherwise. We don't know what's down there, so have a care and use your brains. Especially you, Captain Dare." She said, singling out Aegis among the Science Team. In response to his shocked expression, she added, "Don't look so surprised. I've read your file."

Kinetic Energy and Aegis Dare

"A mare after your own heart, Aegis?" Kinetic teased.

"No way. After Rose, I'm done with mares." Aegis said, sporting an all too familiar pained expression.

Eclipse nodded, looking over the paltry force he had been assigned: none of them particularly impressing him. Too emotional... not emotional enough... some were better than others of course but this was a far cry from the Lunar Guard.

"Our orders stand - form up and spread out - keep your lights burning bright and don't lose sight of one another... And by her moonlight stay alert! Old magic is not a toy - call for assistance should you discover anything!"

He hoped that the orders were simple enough for everyone to understand, but wasted no time in confirming - Eclipse might have know how to lead when absolutely necessary, but he ultimately prevented working independently. He stepped forward into the darkness, feeling his stomach clench as he steadied his breath and controlled his thoughts.

Peace...

His horn shone more brightly for a moment as the companion-fire intensified - a warm circle of light emanating from it as he held it before him with a ribbon of telekinesis - piercing the gloom like glorious moonlight.

Aegis Dare and Kinetic Energy

@

Aegis nodded at Eclipse. “I wonder how different it’d be if I met him sooner.”

“I find that the past isn’t always so interesting. In fact… I try to avoid it.” Kinetic said.

“That may be for the best, or it may not be… I don’t know which. Anyway, Let’s get moving. Where’s the rest of the team?”

“Miss Silver Heart has been her usual quiet self, to the point where most of us have nearly forgotten she exists. Bright Eyes and Miss Darkeye seem to be forming a bond of sorts.”

Aegis’ ears perked up, though the expression on his face wouldn’t look out of place on an overprotective father. “Oh no, they don’t. I’m not havin’ them sneak off to do whatever when they should be working.”

Kinetic giggled. “Oh? And what did we do around two years ago, hmm? Don’t tell me you’ve forgotten so soon.” Kinetic threw his forelegs around Aegis’ neck in a display of deliberately over the top affection.

“Not here, Kine. I love you, but we’re on duty right now.” Aegis said as he disentangled himself from Kinetic’s grip. “Bright! Selune! Over here, please.”

Edited by Windbreaker

@@Windbreaker, Selune laughed a bit with Bright Eyes before being shaken back into reality. Looking back to her superiors she realized that they were worried a bit, or concerned.... for whatever reason. Nonetheless she saw no reason to provoke them... "Come on... let's go before they start kicking our flanks to do our job."