Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv For all Whovians!

The Cynical Lone Wolf

According to Tumblr(source down below), One Direction has made Nov. 23rd (the same day as the 50th anniversary of Doctor who). 1DDay and my reaction to that is  huge:

WHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAT?

So may questions are spinning through my mind as in why would  1D choose that date? What is your guys/girls opinion?

Source:

http://fandoms-have-destroyed-my-life.tumblr.com/post/63227858800/not-ok

Edited by COBLoneWolf

What? No! D:

Seriously, why? Doctor who has been around for much, much longer and so deserves that day more than that silly band.

I really hope that they move it to another day, 'cause I want the 23rd to be only for Doctor Who.

• Brohoof 2

One direction day shall be ignored, with all the contempt the band deserves.

They probably chose the day to try and get as much attention as possible.

'cause I want the 23rd to be only for Doctor Who.

​And the S4 premier of our favourite cartoon ponies.

• Brohoof 1

And the S4 premier of our favourite cartoon ponies.

Oh wait what? I thought Ponies were the next day! Dang it, I really hope that they're not around the same time as well... 'Cause then I'd be torn over which one to watch D: 

• Brohoof 1

With so many awesome things happening on November 23rd I could careless about a band ,whose music I greatly dislike, trying to lay their grubby little hands on that day. I still need to decide whether to watch the MLP season opener or the Doctor Who Anniversary special first biggrin.png!

(It will be MLP though I think. I'm planning to watch DW with a friend of mine.)

Edited by Armchair Adventurer

Oh wait what? I thought Ponies were the next day! Dang it, I really hope that they're not around the same time as well... 'Cause then I'd be torn over which one to watch D: 

Nope, same day. But I suspect the Ponies will be on in the morning, they usually are.

Of course, it probably wont be aired here in the UK, so I'll have to wait.

The doctor will come first with me, considering that ponies don't air here anyway. And all my friends will be here to watch too. I'm the only brony, and we'll probably all have to be up early if they are still going to air it live. I'm happy to get up at like 6am to watch it. 

Honestly I could care less.

One Direction is doing something on the same day as Doctor Who and MLP. So what?

If you're like me and don't like or care about One Direction then it shouldn't bother you.
But I think if anything else happens on November 23rd then that day is going to explode.

• Brohoof 5

What is there to worry about? :) 

I don't think it is them who decide on the date. 

It could be their spokesperson. Or manager.

And maybe, they are not Whovians. 

Who knows. 

Oh god school's gonna be the worst.

Gonna have hundreds of squealing girls going. "Omg it's doctor who day!" and evey nerd going going "OMG Doctor who!"

and then both sides fight over the day untill the whole of England explodes into butterflies.

I don't really care that 1D chooses that day to be their whatever day (I'm not really sure what the hell they'e doing...)

It's not like it's that big a deal, I still get to watch it, it's not like 1D is going to cancel Dr. Who...

Or MLP Season 4 for that matter (same day WOOT!)

Unless they did this on purpose which means 

a) Their Whoovians 

b.)They wan't to troll everyone and annoy people 

Edited by NocturnalRainbow

I'm not really worried about this at all. Granted, it is One Direction but they deserve their own moment too and in all terms of respect we all know that the Doctor Who 50th anniversary matters more than a band from the United Kingdom.

This is likely a coincidence. It's absurd to think One Direction consciously did this to annoy Whovians.

Sounds to me like Tumblr bloggers fabricating conflict where there isn't one. Ignore it.