Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open "Not-so" Common Community RP

Anneal

Link to the OOC.

------------------------

"So, how's the children?"

I hanged my hat and clothes on the rack, and sat down on a comfortable chair. It was pleasantly soft, and I promptly leaned against the chair, my hooves lazily hanging out and around the chair handles. Feeling a lever on my right side, I curiously pull against it, and much to my surprise, I was flung backward.

A recline chair. A grin appeared on my face, and I covered myself with a newspaper and rolled around the seat like a silly foal – an odd sight indeed.

"Oh yes. They're at school now, and my husband's off to work. I plan on shopping later in the afternoon, but not without a decent hoof massage," I answered, almost forgetting the pony's question.

I soon placed ten bits on the glass table. "Keep the change," I said, closing my eyes. I soon felt pressurizing on my back hooves, and I sighed in relief. A day in paradise, all to myself, I thought.

But no longer than a minute, the massaging stopped. "Time to wake up, miss," the pony said. Followed by that was ringing.

Rininininining...

------------------

Rrrrrrriiininining!

Blueprint covered herself in her bed-sheets; when that didn't work, she buried herself below the pillow. Drool was forming into wet puddles below her neck. Much to her discomfort, she opened her eyes. It still felt like they were holding fifteen pounds. 

That's it, she thought. I'm going to kill the damn thing. Without hesitation, she slammed the alarm clock off, only to find it that it was not at all ringing. It only took her a second to find out that it was the phone that was ringing, and despite her tiredness, made a spirited attempt to reach the phone.

She was a tad too late. The phone messaging already went off. "Hey, Detective Blueprint, this is Concave. Chief says you have exactly an hour to get to the West Ponyville Police Station dressed up and ready to go or you're going to be relieved of service for the National Investigative Services." 

She sighed; this time, in exasperation. Yet another day in West Ponyville. She looked at the somewhat damaged alarm clock – really, she had attempted to break the thing several times during the month – 7:45, it read. Her little ponies were already off to school, and her stallion was away for the day to work at the university. He must have already prepared the food downstairs. She was terrible at cooking, creating more disasters than actually edible food. Perhaps it was pancakes today.

Never mind about the pancakes, I need to rush off to the WPPD at once! Leaving little time to think, she brushed, showered, combed her mane, prepared some coffee, ate some of her breakfast, stored the leftovers in a plastic bag, put on some her clothes (which included her trademark fedora and grey blue suit), took her revolver, and rushed out the door, all in a process of thirty minutes.

She really wished she was a unicorn; then she'll get her magic to do everything for her. Or at least a pegasus; maybe the flying skills will get things done for her. But no, she was an earth pony. She only had her hooves. Blueprint would have been more grateful if she had any real strength or stamina, but evidently, she didn't not. She couldn't even lift a pony up, added with the fact that she had to do all this manual work. I have such a boring life, my descendants don't even have one slight blood cell related to unicorns or pegasi, and the rituals are crap. 

Blueprint checked her revolver once more, sticking the edge of her hoof inside the trigger, which was locked by a safety lever. She would have thought in these several years, they would have discovered a more practical way for earth ponies to shoot a gun; they had to basically fire it from the body or attach it directly to their hoof. Revision: Having opposable thumbs would help. A lot.

She exited the door. Yet another day at West Ponyville, the most "perfect" town you could ever find in Equestria.

(Hope it's fine that I/Mint Drop brought my/her puppy, Cooper c:) Mint Drop woke up in a daze, staring at the roof. Today was likely going to be one of her slow days, but since she had only Cooper to wake her, she would likely sleep all day if she didn't get up now. As if on cue, Cooper ran up to the bed and started whining for pets. Mint chuckled, pulling the covers off and rolling over to scratch his fluffy, cream-colored head. "Morning, Cooper," she said, and finished giving him pets before getting up.

After they both had their respective breakfasts - Mint had homemade pancakes, Cooper had his dog food -, Mint clipped on Cooper's leash and went outside. "Alright Coop, time for us to get used to this place," she said. Neither of them had been in West Ponyville for ong, and those days had been spent getting things moved in and getting used to the new house. Now, it was their first day to go into town. ((OOC: OC intros coming soon))

Edited by Mint Drop

Solar was floating in a star field. The beautiful constellation of Orion floating by gracefully. Entire solar systems with ecologically stable habitats, waiting to breed the first seeds of life. The Horsehead nebula shining in its glory. And more stunning than all of that was the center of the Galaxy. An amazing white ball, with a black dot at the center. He approached it, moving only by thought towards the amazing sphere before him. He reached his hoof out slowly, in total fascination of the object in front of him. Only mere inches from the ….

"YOU GOT THE TOUCH, YOU GOT THE POWER"

His alarm clock blared in his ear. And solar reacted they only way any sensible Pegasus would to a loud noise out of the blue. He jumped up screaming, startled from his sleep to face his alarm clock, a custom made "Heroes of Stalliongrad" featuring of one of the many factions symbols. He clicked the top of clock and stretched out his legs and wings. Getting up from his bed, he took a look at his calendar which read "Situation 225"

"Wha?!" he whispered, still in a waking daze. He then remembered the record and situation book he kept on the shelf next to his bed. Reaching for it and accessing the vast amount knowledge within the book, he found 225.

225: Clear skies in local area allow for great star gazing and cartography. Recommend using high power telescope and accurate measuring equipment.

“Note to self” don’t confuse the crystal lens with the normal lens this time” He said under his breath.

After reading this Solar went over to the high powered telescope in his closet, and gathered the necessary cartography equipment, and placed it in his room, to be used when it became night time.

“Now to find the right spot” He thought to himself. With this, he crept out the front door, and trotted toward the center of town.

Bayonet made her way on the path to West Ponyville from Canterlot. Bayonet always  preferred walking over taking a train or carriage. She likes to move at steady pace. She never liked to rush things, cause in her job if you you just rushed everything nothing would come out right. As West Ponyville comes into view Bayonet stopped, took a deep breath and put on a determined smile to get ready to make a life for herself.

As she walks through the town she the first thing that went though her mind was to find a place for her to stay that didn't cost to much bits and if she couldn't find a place she would have to sleep in the a park or an ally again.

@@Gloomfury

Sleigh Bell was standing by his cart stall, pulling this out for the day. He had awoken to a lovely day and he was more than happy to start it by working hard! Unfortunately he had forgotten his cart stall keys home. Well, no use crying over spilled milk. Nudging the cart closer he made sure it wouldn't go rolling down any hills, that would be just embarrassing. Satisfied that there would be no carts rolling down hills he turned and started trotting down the street, towards home.

His mind was clearly in the clouds, that is, no pegasi could shoo the clouds of happiness from his mind. No, he needed a bigger shock than that and that appeared to be walking into a smaller mare. Jolting from his happy thoughts he lifted a large hoof to steady the mare so she would not topple over.

"Awfully sorry! Are you alright? I did not hurt you, did I?" Sleigh Bell had reason to be concerned for her health. He was a rather big stallion and he actually has trampled a few ponies without meaning to. With big bodies come big responsibilities or how did you say it. He gazed at her with concern, thinking fast how he could repay her for his clumsiness.

Edited by Stumppa

Flying Ace was sleeping peacefully on his bed, his hard...bed? Is it a bed? Oh well, Ace's subconscious could care less as he journeyed though slumber land. He turned on his to get himself comfortable...

"GAH!!!"

Ace fell head first on to the floor of his new home in West Ponyville, he groggily got up to rub the bruise on his head. "Owwww I just wanted to get comfteble, not play trust fall with the floor." Ace said to himself looking over to see that he was not sleeping on his bed but instead a big pile of books that he took with him.

"Wow, this place is a mess...AH well I'll clean it tomorrow. Time to go out there and explore!" Ace yelled dashing out his door. ((OOC: sorry about any mistakes I made typed this on my IPhone)))

Edited by Flying Ace

@@Stumppa,

Bayonet was a little spooked by the large stallion  who bumped into he. "Oh, I'm alright. It would take more then that to hurt me. I'm stronger then I look." She says with a giggle as she turns to the stallion with a reassuring smile. "To be honest you just startled me a little. But this may have open up a good opportunity to make a new friend." She holds out a hoof with a friendly smile. "Hello my name is Bayonet, nice bumping into you, hehe." She giggles at her own joke.

@@Gloomfury

There was clear relief in Sleigh Bell's eyes as he extends his ridiculously larger hoof, bumping them together in a friendly manner. He nods at her, smiling, still looking apologetic thought. At least she's alright and in one piece, that is the most important.

"Hello Bayonet, I am Sleigh Bell, I love making new friends" Sleigh Bell chuckled and bowed his head to complete the greeting. When he straightened his neck again he tilted his large head to the side, observing bayonet for a second before understanding light in his eyes. A large smile took over the stallions face as he grinned at her, a little bit excited.

"Don't tell me, you've just arrived here?" he asked a little fast. He doesn't remember seeing her before, ever, and where he is working from he is pretty sure he's seen every single pony once or twice. Not necessarily spoken to, but at least seen. 

@@Stumppa,

Bayonet nods. " It's nice to meat you Sleigh Bell. And I did, I just got here from Canterlot. I came her to see if I could start a life here for myself. I herd so much about West Ponyville back home in Germaneigh, that I thought this would be a grate place to live." She looks around a bit at the the ponies with smiles on there faces and the well maintained streets."And so far it just looks so lovely here." She says as she turns back to the stallion.

Solar went galloping though the center of town, looking at every large open spot he could, endlessly chattering to himself about each area. Te center of town seemed to be relatively quiet, with only a few ponies here and there. He moved all through the center of town, ultimately finding a spot that would give him a nice view, without to much light pollution.

Just thinking about what he would see and write tonight excited him. He then lept up into the air, spreading his wings, and started his flight back to his house. On the way, he did sporadic flips and spins out of his excitement.  

@@Commander Tangent & @@Gloomfury

Sleigh Bell chuckled a quietly, eyes following the happy ponies that Bayonet was observing. Yes, the streets were lovely and the guidance was exceptional but he absolutely adored the ponies who lived in West Ponyville. Sleigh Bell nods, agreeing with Bayonet, it is a good place to start.

"It is just dandy living here and there is till room for more kind ponies," he grins down at Bayonet at that, hinting very strongly that he found her very kind and pleasant to speak with. Before he could continue he was momentarily distracted by a swooping pegasus. Oh, wings seemed like such a nice thing, Sleigh Bell had always thought and this pegasus seemed to really enjoy his time in the air. Sleigh Bell smiled at the flying stallion, waving a hoof at him. He has seen this pegasus around before but not spoken with him. Most pegasus ponies never take up on cart or sleigh rides that Sleigh Bell was offering, mostly because they got faster around by flying. Very understandable. 

"Amazing stunts!" he called in a neighborly manner. If Bayonet wanted to meet ponies from West Ponyville then Sleigh Bell wouldn't mind.

@Stumppa  @Gloomfury

Hearing the voice of someone calling to him, Solar looked down to see two ponies watching him. Not really sure what to do, he just smiled and waved as he flew back to his house, witch was  not even a few streets away. Once landing in front of his house, Solar jumped up and down a little and yelled "Yeah 225, woohoo" and ran into his house.

Edited by Commander Tangent

@@Gloomfury

Well if that wasn't a bit of a slap on the muzzle, the pegasus barely look down at them! Well, maybe they were in a hurry, Sleigh Bell decided not to take it too personally. Turning his attention on the mare he gave her an apologetic smile.

"Pardon me. I do not know him personally, but I have seen seen him about. I work at the town square you see, hard to not know almost everypony in someway," Sleigh Bell chuckles. "That's how I realized you must be new around these parts." 

Despite the disappointment of a possible new acquaintance not interested in joining in their conversation, Sleigh Bell still felt that this was a good day. After all, Bayonet was still there, wasn't she?

"Where are you headed? Perhaps I can join in your walk. I'm headed home myself, I forgot the keys to my cart stall," Sleigh Bell flushed a bit, feeling silly admitting that. But that was the truth and no point in lying, also the company might be fun. "Have you found a place to stay already or still considering your options?"

Once in his house, Solar went into his kitchen for a snack. He opened his food store, only to find the place empty.

"Do I really eat that much?" he wondered.

Somewhat irritated, Solar prepared the head out for food, throwing on his saddle bags, and opening the door.

"Now were is the market here....."

"I haven't got a clue" 

"This is why I hate moving" He mumbled to himself.

It looked like his only option was to ask, so he went out the door seeking the two random ponies he saw earlier.

"Great, I have to talk to people, wonderful" He said under his breath.

@@Stumppa,

Bayonet smiles. "That would be nice. I am looking for a place, maybe an  inn or someplace that don't cost a lot of bits. I spent most my time on the road so I don't carry to much with me, and I usually  try to save bits by sleeping on a park bench or on my roll out mat in an ally way."

@@Commander Tangent @@Gloomfury

Sleigh Bell thought for a moment at that, it'd be a shame if the young mare would have to sleep under the stars, especially in the self-proclaimed most wonderful city West Ponyville. Musing for a moment, Sleigh Bell finally looked at Bayonet again, being momentarily distracted by his own hooves. 

"You could stay at my place? If living with a stranger won't be too strange for you," Sleigh Bell's voice caught in his throat at the last word, he cleared his throat and continued. "I live in a simple house, more like a barn, at the outskirts of West Ponyville. Cheaper that way, but it has a kitchen and is warm during the nights."

Too busy describing his home for the new comer, he didn't notice when the earlier pegasus pony closed in on them. 

@@Stumppa

"Oh, I don't want to impose or be a bother to you. It's very kind of you. But I'll be fine. I've grown to not mind sleeping outside." Bayonet always was like this, she never wants to be a burden to others. She never felt like she deserve such kindness. She never knew why, this was just the way she is.

@Stumppa @Gloomfury

Solar galloped his way to were he last saw the two. Sure enough they were still there, carrying out their conversation. Solar slowly walked towards them and attempted to greet them.

"ummm, hey  there..." he said in an attempted welcoming tone.

Solar was never good with talking to new people, as apparent in his speech. 

@@Gloomfury,@@Commander Tangent

Sleigh Bell couldn't help but frown just a bit, but it was gone quickly as he smiles again, realizing that this mare was just humble. He chuckles and sits down, still taller than her easily.

"It is not imposing if I offer," he says, smiling at her brightly, "besides-"

Whatever he had to say next was interrupted. Sleigh Bell stood back up and turned a bit, so he can see both Bayonet and the new face. The pegasus from earlier! How nice of him to join in anyway, no doubt just nerves wrecking that stallions mind. It ain't always easy to make new friends, but Sleigh Bell was happy for the people who had the courage to try.

"Hello, there friend. Amazing moves back there you did, are you an air acrobat or something? Oh where are my manners, this here is Bayonet, she's new to this town and I am Sleigh Bell, the local draft pony! How can we help you?" Well that was a ramble, but Sleigh Bell was very excited that the pegasus came back. But he never lifted his voice, Sleigh Bell was good at keeping a soothing baritone even when excited!  

"Umm yeah, I'm Solar Dust, local astronomer and celestial cartographer. And yeah, not really an acrobat, just... found something exciting, heh" During all this, Solar attempted to avoid prolonged eye contact.

"But, do you know were the  towns local market is, I'm kinda new to this town, don't really know anyplace or anypony" Solar remarked, rubbing his hoof against the back of his head.

@@Stumppa@@Commander Tangent,

Bayonet turns to the other stallion. "It looks like we have something in common." She giggles. "And I'm sure that Sleigh Bell wouldn't mind giving us a little direction around the town.Plus I might be able to find an inn  that wont cost to much." She says with a smile ans she looks toward Sleigh Bell. "Do you mind?"

@Mint Drop

Ace was running though West Ponyville having a destination in mi- ok scratch that, he had no idea where he was going he was running around town looking for anything interesting. He rounded a corner ready to see a new part of town when he came inches away from a pony walking her dog.

"WHOA!"

In despiration Ace tried to jump over the pony using his wings to try to get him higher. The good news: it worked, he was able to make it over without hurting the pony; the bad news: he was unable to recover quickly and landed on his back luckily no one was hurt. "S-sorry about that are you alright?" He asked shaking the dizziness off.

Edited by Flying Ace

@@Gloomfury,@@Commander Tangent,

"An astronomer? How exciting! You must pardon me as I don't know much about stargazing. A little too simple for that," Sleigh Bell sighs, belittling his capabilities to be anything more than just a draft pony. Not that he minded sleigh and cart pulling, he met a lot of amazing new ponies that way. 

"And absolutely, I haven't been here long myself, but I am sure I can show you the way to a local market. This way, if you please," Sleigh Bell kinda wished he had his cart, would be easier to just take them to their destination that way, but they had capable legs, they could trot with along the streets with him. He showed the way down a street, considering which market to take Solar Dust and which inn would not be too hard on a pony's bit pouch.

@@Flying Ace
Mint Drop couldn't see the pony charging towards her as he was coming to her right, but she heard his shout and instinctively squeaked, ducked, and raced ahead, trying to get out of the way. She heard a loud thump and went back to where she had been walking to see a stallion trying to get up. She trotted over to him, Cooper racing ahead of her to greet the pony.
"I'm okay, are you? That looked like a rough landing." Noticing her dog jumping up on him, she pulled lightly on his leash.
"Cooper, calm down, buddy." She turned to the stallion, an apologetic expression on her face. "Sorry about him. While he's too small to knock even a filly over, some ponies don't like him begging for pets, which is all he wants."