Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open "Not-so" Common Community RP

Anneal

@Mint Drop

Ace looked at the puppy that jumping on him then to the mare with a smile, "Ah don't worry about this is not the first time I nearly tackled to the ground...usually there's a lot of yelling right after so I'm lucky you didn't" Ace said with a chuckle, gently setting the puppy down and got up. "But I do have to apologize I wasn't looking where I was going and I hope I didn't hurt you."

@Gloomfury  @Stumppa

Solar nodded his head in agreement.

"sure, lead the way" he said with a half hearted smile

He checked his saddle bags and adjusted the straps  and prepared to head out with the others.

Seems like this "Example town" may work out after all he thought to himself happily. Quite a nice start to life I say.

@@Flying Ace
Mint Drop chuckled awkwardly.
"It's all right, I do that all the time. Then again, that may have something to do with my eyesight. Don't worry, I didn't get hurt, just, uh... startled," she said.
Why did i just tell him about my eyesight? Ah, well, he'd probably just figure it out anyway.

@@Flying Ace

Mint Drop chuckled awkwardly.

"It's all right, I do that all the time. Then again, that may have something to do with my eyesight. Don't worry, I didn't get hurt, just, uh... startled," she said.

Why did i just tell him about my eyesight? Ah, well, he'd probably just figure it out anyway.

Ace's smile grew brighter, "Well alright! Glad no one got hurt. Names Flying Ace; Ace for short, I also have nicknames from my days in the orphanage, the most famous was freak, ah fun times." Ace looked up into space at his happy memories then turned his attention back to the mare. "What's your name?"

@@Flying Ace
(Orphanage, hm? Perhaps Ace and Sunset should meet. He might scare her at first but they'll have something in common.)
Mint Drop's ears flattened as he mentioned an orphanage.
Well... At least he seems okay with it, and i don't want to pry. i'll just leave it alone...
"Uh, I'm Mint Drop," she said, smiling awkwardly. She wasn't a very social pony, in fact, she was quite socially awkward. Having autism didn't help with that.

@@Commander Tangent,@@Gloomfury,

Trotting along the streets Sleigh Bell felt himself curious regarding these two and turned his head to look at them, smiling.

"What brings you to West Ponyville then, if you don't mind me asking," the question was put lightly and it clearly stated in an unspoken way, that they did not need to answer if they did not wish to. "I'm here to help out myself, working as a draft pony I work at the town square, giving ponies joy rides or helping with groceries." 

@Stumppa @Gloomfury

"Well, um... I just got out of a secondary school in Canterlot for astronomy, my mother sent me out here saying I was "A perfect example of a shining citizen" Solar said, with a slight grin.

"I'm out here to map out the vast frontier of space.This country area is quite devoid of light pollution, and allows me to see almost everything out there with my telescope" solar explained, excitement in his voice. Solar checked his bag, making sure he still had his bits on him, and then refocused his attention on the group.

Edited by Commander Tangent

@@Flying Ace

(Orphanage, hm? Perhaps Ace and Sunset should meet. He might scare her at first but they'll have something in common.)

Mint Drop's ears flattened as he mentioned an orphanage.

Well... At least he seems okay with it, and i don't want to pry. i'll just leave it alone...

"Uh, I'm Mint Drop," she said, smiling awkwardly. She wasn't a very social pony, in fact, she was quite socially awkward. Having autism didn't help with that.

@@Mint Drop

(I read her character page, and your right Ace would terrify her for a little bit. lol)

"Mint Drop huh? Not a bad name better then Flying Ace at least." Ace said, "and who's this cute little guy?" Ace asked petting the puppy that accompanied Mint. "He's soooo adorable."

@@Flying Ace
Mint Drop chuckled.
"Thank you, but I'm not sure about that," she said, smiling. She chuckled again as Cooper wagged his tail when Ace petted him.
"This little wing nut is Cooper. He's a goof, but he's also friendly and a sucker for pets and treats," she said.

(Then again, most ponies terrify her. Especially if they stare.)

@@Mint Drop

"D'awwwwwwww aren't you just the cutest wittle than." Ace said petting Cooper some more. "So, you new to West Ponyville? Or have you been here a while?" Ace asked picking up cooper and cuddling him. Curse my big heart to all things cute and cuddly, maybe I've gone soft? Ah who cares.

@@Flying Ace
Mint Drop chuckled. Cooper was loving the attention.
"Uh, kinda new. I got here a few days ago, but I've been busy oving in, so you wouldn't have seen me. Right now Cooper and I are - or, well, we were - walking around to get familiarized with the town. What about you?"

@@Mint Drop

Ace was about to answer but stopped dead in his tracks, his mind was blank. "Uhhh, I...don't know. I guess I was just running around trying to see what I could find, until I ran into you that it." Ace said scratching the back of his head awkwardly. "Sorry, my memory is just the worst."

@@Flying Ace
Mint chuckled goodnaturedly.
"Well, i was actually asking if you were new here, but that works too. Don't worry, mine is the same. Half the time I have to repeat something several times to be able to remember it."
Cooper excitedly ran back over to her and she leaned down and petted him happily.
"Good boy, Cooper," she cooed, giggling at his enthusiasm. "Yeah, y'gotta calm down, buddy."
After giving her puppy a quick pet, she stood up again and looked at flying Ace.
"So, how long have you been living here?"

Hours later, Blueprint was out in the streets of West Ponyville. She hasn't exactly been feeling well, not if an old stallion's yelling at her for being so sluggish all the time, getting a pile of papers on her desk and several calls from some ponies, and every civilian staying at least ten feet away from her outside. Probably because of the revolver.

Sigh. She knew her job was to defend and deal with the populace's problems, but they're always creating their own. Serving justice wasn't cracked up as it used to be. True, it did feel good to hold a gun and have a badge on her clothes – it felt somewhat honorable. But it does get tiring to repetitive solving the same problems, again and again, even if crime solving was her talent. Larceny. Theft. Civil "break-up" issues. Civil "your coltfriend beat up a pony" issues. Civil...never mind. Usually that resulted in putting that pony into exile from the town, since West Ponyville was intolerant of such manners.

Thankfully, today she had none of that. It was just patrolling the town. She didn't feel like getting into some civil cases. She's gone tired from that previous divorce issue with a couple having a love triangle. Eventually she had to tell the stallion to give the mare some monthly child support money – but not without some shouting continuing on for the next ten hours, forcing her to work overtime and miss an entire day with her children. That was a living hell, Blueprint thought. I'm not going to be doing that crap again. Had to deprive my sleeping time just to handle that two annoying ponies. 

She then saw a pony colliding onto another, and Blueprint immediately ran to the scene. The first thing she noticed was the mare's dully colored eye, presumbably blinded, in that case. She had had cases with blind ponies involved in theft or assaults, and due to her observation skills, as almost every detective must have, it wasn't too hard to identify one. "Excuse me, miss, but are you okay?" Blueprint asked. "It seems like quite a bump there." – she turned to the other pony – "Sir, you should watch where you're going. As you can see, this little mare here has a blinded eye. You should be more careful."

• Brohoof 1

@@Flying Ace

Mint chuckled goodnaturedly.

"Well, i was actually asking if you were new here, but that works too. Don't worry, mine is the same. Half the time I have to repeat something several times to be able to remember it."

Cooper excitedly ran back over to her and she leaned down and petted him happily.

"Good boy, Cooper," she cooed, giggling at his enthusiasm. "Yeah, y'gotta calm down, buddy."

After giving her puppy a quick pet, she stood up again and looked at flying Ace.

"So, how long have you been living here?"

"Well, I came I think about three days ago, after hearing they were building this town I packed the things I had found a house and moved here." Note to self: remember to put those books away. "Well, since we don't really know where were going how about we walk around and see what we can find?"

• Brohoof 1

@@Flying Ace,@,

((They didn't actually collide. It was a close call, though.))

Mint Drop turned to the mare who had come up to her to ask if she was alright.

"Y-yeah, I'm alright-" she blushed when the mare announced her blind eye and tilted her head so her mane would cover her right eye a little better.

I don't really like it being announced for me... Just like elementary school.

"I-It's okay, it wasn't on purpose, and I didn't get hurt or anything," she said, trying to get the mare's attention.

Edited by Mint Drop

@@Mint Drop,@

((Ace is the master of first impressions))

Ace raised an eyebrow in confusion Ace looked at Mint who was covering her eye with her mane, the realization struck him. "Oh, your just like me! We both have bad eye sight." Ace took off his glasses with a smile then quickly put them back on as everything got blurry. "Anyway, were ok here though I will admit I should have looked before I leaped.' Ace said turning to the newcomer and shrugging. "At least no one was hurt."

• Brohoof 1

@,@@Flying Ace,  
Mint chuckled nervously.
"Heh... i'm blind in my right eye. I can't see depth... And, also, sure, in response to your question earlier," she said, before turning back to the mare that had approached them.
"Yeah, nopony's hurt, and I'm not mad or anything. Actually, we were thinking of exploring West Ponyville together. We're both pretty new here."

@,@@Mint Drop

"Your welcome to join us if you like, who knows you can stop me from colliding into another pony." Ace chuckled, "Name's Flying Ace but you can just call me Ace for short pleasure to meet you." Ace said extending a hoof out to the newcomer of their conversation.

(edited)

@Mint Drop, @Flying Ace,

"And mine's Blueprint," Blueprint introduced herself. "Just your casual, everyday investigative detective. And though the term may sound good, it's more boring than you think."

She looked at the two - the mare was covering her blind eye with her mane, as the stallion commented on his own visual ineptness. "You know, I have a little colt that has eye problems just like you two. His problem was that he was a bit color blind, couldn't tell red from green. Kind of got it due to being genetic carriers."

She then took out a ticket sheet, and ripped it off. "So what did you say what your name was again? Flying Ace and what again?"

Edited by Cartophile

@@Stumppa,@@Commander Tangent,

"I use to work in a forge back home with my papa.And one day he told me that I should get out and see the world and make a life for myself. I did a bit of traveling and then I decided that I wanted to settle down somewhere. I heard about this place and I thought it would be a  great place to plant my roots, so to speak."

@
Mint Drop, wide-eyed, backpedaled a bit, pulling Cooper with her.
"I-I didn't, um, I didn't actually say what my name was... W-well, I didn't tell you..." she said, ears flattening. 
How does she know my name...? ...Don't get paranoid... Maybe she heard me say my name when she was walking up to us...?

@,

Mint Drop, wide-eyed, backpedaled a bit, pulling Cooper with her.

"I-I didn't, um, I didn't actually say what my name was... W-well, I didn't tell you..." she said, ears flattening.

How does she know my name...? ...Don't get paranoid... Maybe she heard me say my name when she was walking up to us...?

(Sorry, thought you introduced yourself.)

Blueprint noticed the mare take a few steps backward, and was confused herself. Did she accidentally scare her with the ticket? "Oh no, you're not going to be fined. Though if the stallion - what was his name again - oh, Ace damaged you recklessly, he would have been placed charges for hurting an impaired pony."

Only did the mare explain what was happening did she widen her eyes. No way. Did I just say her name out loud? I did not just do that... Blueprint noticed her "accidental" clumsiness on words and apologized, "Sorry, I've been working on cataloguing names this entire morning at the investigation department and...you know, I happened to be reminded of your name."

@
Mint's jaw set when Blueprint mentioned her being impaired. It was kinda better than being called straight-out disabled, but she didn't like being called impaired either, even though she was visually impaired. She'd always had ponies telling her she couldn't do something because she couldn't see as well as other ponies, and that wasn't necessarily true.
She listened with a hard expression and sighed.
"Sorry... I was just startled, and sometimes I get kinda paranoid over stupid things. Sorry," she said, looking at Blueprint with an apologetic expression.