Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Paranoia

CobraCommando

OOC: http://mlpforums.com/topic/76802-paranoia/

Deserted, Old, left to rot the facility sat without power and without anyone to run it's most basic function's Except there it stood, As a testimony to the old world and the cruel experiments it did to those trapped inside. Yet to this day It still is able to function for the Computer never stop'ed even if it's masters heart did, Driven by madness and a human soul it Ran the experiment Only to have them fail every time Never had anyone left or done what the computer wanted they all were mortal and it continued to stand for whatever reason it had to live. And today Dawned a new experiment one that would pit human nature against the vary thing that makes humans mistrust one another and this could vary well doom there chances of escaping but it was also there one and only chance at leaving this place. Some call it a way of life or a way of survival, other's call it a primitive form of madness we simply call it Paranoia, Fear of the unknown and whatever else you call it, All that mattered was what went on in this facility.

"The time is........." Static blared for a moment as the speakers died out and echoed throughout the hall's and into doorway's and into vent's and into one sealed room were fore test subject's Slept, Only to be awoken by this jarring sound. It's as if one of those odd dreams had trapped them. The ones were you're stuck in a room with only one door, and whatever is behind that door was unknown and it nagged at the back of you're mind, because of Fear, Or curiosity it is you're choice to feel but what is true is the fear of how you got here and why will always haunt you. And what of the other's, are they here for the same reason? or are they in on this whole thing...

A loud ruckus began outside the door, only to abruptly stop as quickly as it began and causing the Subject's of one Room 616 to all jump out of bed at these sounds and encounter each other for the first time.  The keypad to the door slowly fades in and out with a sickly green light, Lighting a numerical key pad from 0-9 it seem's to be a 4 digit code.

Edited by CobraCommando
Adding OOC link

Innsomi-Hack heard a very loud noise coming from his left and leaped from his bed. The sound was then followed by a very loud thud that he could only assume was his body hitting the ground. "Ow..." He whined, not use to such rough wake up calls; actually he wasn't use to wake up calls at all, "Much less getting any sleep... What happened?" He said as he looked around the room. His eyes were a little hazy from his initial wake up, but he could see that he wasn't in the apartment he rented earlier.

Instinctively he panicked, and started yelling for the one thing that he holds dear. "Fi! Fi!" He was relived to hear the soft chirp of an insect, and got up and trotted towards where he heard the noise. His eyes were still adjusting to dim lights of the room, so he could barely see; and he ran into...

Edited by danzxc123

Ambrose heard a loud noise, and slowly rose up on one elbow. What was that. She looked above her and saw a not hanging from the ceiling. Huh, she took the note and read it. Her curiosity cured, she looked around. Where was she, who were these people. 'Kill Them' a voice in her head said. She held back, 'no she didnt even know them, or if they were a threat. She looked up as she heard a "What happened?". "I dunno" she replied. She walked over, and said "Hey am Ambrose".

((Gonna try first person here... or rather, first pony...))
@,
Charred Cream woke up to a loud noise and jumped to her hooves immediately, trying to see where it was coming from so she could run away . Tipping over from drowsiness, she flapped my wings frantically to stay upright.
"Wh-what's going on?" She asked, looking around. Her cream-colored eyes soon focused and the rown Pegasus saw three tubes at the head of her bed.
"Those look rather disgusting, Charrie, perhaps stay away for now. Instead, you should focus on the others in the room," a voice in her head said. Searing Pain.
Oth-others? Char turned her head to look around for other ponies and took a tentative step forward, before getting bumped by somepony.  Still rather drowsy, she quickly lost her balance and fell to her flank. She looked up at who had bumped into her.
"You'll regret you did that," The words came from Charred's mouth but she herself hadn't said them. Searing Pain had taken over her entire muzzle. The teenage mare instinctively took back control and hid behind her mane.
"S-Sorry," she mumbled timidly. She'd never been the outgoing type.

(Decided to go third-pony.)

Edited by Mint Drop

The Sickly green glow from the Number's on the keypad died out for only a moment as power seemed to surge through the room, Lights started to come back on, and a Fan can be heard from the floor. It seems someone is still running this place after all after all Power doesn't just come back at random... right? The being in it's state as of now, Full of light and bright as hell Blinding for most people but you guys are used to the lighting and adjust quite easy compared to most.

The speaker that was buzzing up untell this point has stopped, And for a moment breathing could be heard from inside the room and then silence, Something for if only a moment was behind that speaker and someone turned the power on something's not right here and hell the door's still locked We shall see how this goes.

With his eyes still closed, his hooves crossed over his chest Lautrec  had awaken even if it wasn't clear that he had. He wasn't in the same place he had been when he had fallen asleep and the voices he was hearing didn't belong to anypony he knew. So for the moment he had remained still, carefully going through a mental checklist as he regained his wits.

Wedding Ring? Check. Tool belt? Check, but will have to confirm if the tools are still in it. Upbeat attitude that my wife would be proud of? Check. Time to face the day.

Carefully, Lautrec opened his eyes, taking the time to let them adjust to the poorer then normal lighting before sitting up in order to look around while he rolled his shoulders and moved  his legs in order to get the blood flowing, flapping his wings once or twice in order to work out some of the kinks before rolling out of bed and resting his hooves on the floor. With the pride of a loving professional, he took the time to strighten out the robe that covered almost all of his body so that the pink hooves that were printed on the front of it were wrapped around him in a hug (While checking the contents of his tool belt) before offering the ponies that were in the room with him a bright, warm  and friendly smile. "Good morning. By any chance did anypony make waffles or pancakes? Always a good way to start the day and get to know new ponies."

(I assume that except for me and mint were a bit spaced out?) 

Hack heard the threat and jumped back in fear of what the voice said coming true. Then the light began to flicker on. They were still very weak, but it was an improvement from before. He could mentally feel his eyes dilating as he saw a mare, and assumed that was where the voice came from. "Oh dear me please no!" Then he heard her say,

"S-Sorry,"
. He slightly calmed down seeing as she had apologized, and hopefully didn't intend to hurt him. "D-don't worry. Really it's my fault. I should have watched where I was going."

The voices were screaming in her head "KILL THEM ALL BEFORE THEY COME GET YOU". She tried to blot them out, and decided to ask the question they all had. "Anypony know where we are?" Ambrose looked around and  saw the door, she went to it and tried to open it. 

((Good Story)

Locked, As suspected but it seems it could be unlocked with the Combination of the 4 number code And you don't think that it could be taken off the hinges. So maybe the code is in this room, Or hidden elsewhere but after talking with the other's you get the impression that nobody know's were they are or how they got here. 

His attempt to brighten the  mood ending somewhat in failure due to apathy or simply panic on behalf of those he was now stuck in a room with, Lautrec noticed that there appeared to be  a piece of paper in his hoof. Taking a moment to read it, he glanced around the room almost like he was a potential buyer of a new home... and clearly wasn't impressed with what he saw. Sure, maybe it could have been a fixer upper if he had the time or resources but he honestly had neither.

The piece of paper vanishing out of sight, the cloaked pony walked towards the door and the female pony who had attempted to open it only to discover it locked. He took a moment to examine the door and his eyes landed on the combination lock. Four digit code with the numbers made up of numbers between 0 and 9... over 10,000 possible combinations then. Maybe a little less, if his suspicions were correct. Turning to the woman who had asked him where they currently were, he offered her a disarming smile before answering "Afraid not my dear." 

Waiting until everypony had been given a chance to answer, he asked of the other ponies in the room "What's your favorite number between zero and nine?! Mine is number eight."

"And you are?" Ambrose asked. She had an ideas. If they could pry off the front of the keypad they could manually trip the switch. She explained her idea and then began looking around for a tool they could use. "Oh am by the way my note said this 'find to find the key' that's it. We should share info in order to get out of here."

@
"We-well, I got in your way, s-so i guess it's both of our faults," Charred replied, rubbing an eye with a hoof and giving him a weak, apologetic smile. She was rather glad he hadn't brought up Searing Pain's threat.
"What the hell are you doing? Let me take over and kill them for you. If we're going to get out of here, they'll just be nuisances. "
No...

As another stallion walked up and mentioned pancakes, she flinched, reminded of her family.
Pancakes... Pastries... Café...
Sheshook her head, trying to clear the train of thought, and started to respond, but his attention was turned. She stood up and looked at the stallion that had bumped into her.
"I-I'm Charred Cream," she said. 
Not that it matters.

Edited by Mint Drop

Hack was nervous about speaking to the mare, but still manage to say. "I'm insomni..." His words trailed off as he heard a soft chrip from behind the mare, and leaped to catch Fi before she could get away. With a loud thud of his stomach hitting the floor, and his hooves gently grasping a faint glowing light he moaned, "Hack. Insomni-Hack, and this is Fi."

@@Mint Drop

Ambrose walked over and offered Insomni-Hack a helping hand "Well, nice to meet you, i thought i was the shy one". He seemed like a nice stallion

. She needed a friend, last time well she was betrayed, and it had not made her love/social life easy. "Easy now, up you come".

Edited by Ambrose

@
Charred Cream half jumped, half stepped to the side as the stallion dove to her left.
"F-Fi?" she asked? giving him a quizzical, albeit somewhat timid, look. She took a closer look at the soft glow in his hooves and realized it was a firefly. 
"A fi-firefly? I've never see one before, but-While I'm not fond of the name... "-I've always wanted to. I-is Fi your pet, or something?"

@
(mares are female... Stallions are the males.)

Charred 's attention was turned by something walking up to Insomni-Hack. She backed away, eyes wide and ears flattened.
"Wh-Wh-What... What a-are you...?" she stammered, hiding behind her mane. 
"You're such a scaredy-pony. Grow a backbone, will you?"

@@Mint Drop,

"She's more than just some pet! She's one of the best friends I could ask for. When I woke up and she wasn't in my hair I..." He let his words trail off, noticing how insane he sounded. He awkwardly chuckled and said, "Long... story. I just... feel safer with her around; and I didn't know what I would do if something had happened."

@,

Hack had noticed the 'hoof' stretched out towards him, and accepted the help getting to his feat. When he was fully standing, he could see it was an oddly shaped... thing. He cringed again, but still said, "Thank you." In a very cautious voice.

Edited by danzxc123

"And you are?" Ambrose asked. She had an ideas. If they could pry off the front of the keypad they could manually trip the switch. She explained her idea and then began looking around for a tool they could use. "Oh am by the way my note said this 'find to find the key' that's it. We should share info in order to get out of here."

"Lautrec. It is a pleasure to meet you Ms." Lautrec said with a polite bow of his head. Watching as she began the process of trying to work out how to rig the lock on the door, he considered joining her before deciding to take this chance to get to know his fellow... was inmates the right word? It did  seem like a prison environment but what sort of prison had the locks on the inside of the door? Well, if someone had designed the cell with the intention of one day finding themselves locked in said cell it made some sense...

It was at this point that he noticed that everypony's attention was elsewhere. Shaking his head to bring himself to the here and now, he trotted over to join them with a friendly smile on his face. "Good Morning!... or  Evening... or whatever time it just so happens to be. I'm Lautrec. You may remember my invitation a couple of minutes ago to sit down and enjoy some waffles and pancakes. The offer still stands, but it seems we're going to have to hunt down a house of pancakes first. To that end, does anypony else's super special cards have a number written down? I suspect they work in as a combination to the door."      

((My bad Mint Drop))

Ambrose finally manage to pry of the cover of the key code panel. Underneath was a huge mass of wires, she would need something to cut them with. "Anypony got something sharp." Ambrose asked. Ambrose looked over at Hack, she would have to look out for that pony, Ambrose didn't think he could handle himself in a dangerous situation.

((No offence, just trying to be nice, sorry if that was mean

Also how do you tag some pony))

Edited by Ambrose

@@,
((Ambrose, To be honest, Charred is muc shyer and weaker than Hack. Her only defense is Searing Pain. And, to "tag" somepony, you highlight some of their post, hold your mouse over the highlighted part, and clich the button that sayys @Mention. Danzxc, she's still human.))
"S-Sorry..." Charred mumbled, to the stallion. "I-It's okay... I-I can't really relate to haveng something that makes you feel safe, but I can relate to feeling unsafe..." she added, before noticing what the thing had said.
"Oh, i do, I do, I do~!" Searing chirped, taking over her mouth again. Charred stuffed her face with her hooves, trying to take back Searing's words.
"N-N-N-No, I-I don't!" she stammered between her hooves and hid behind her mane, ears flattened.

@@Mint Drop

Hack stared at Charred as her, what seemed to be, shy and subtle personality vanished. Then she hid behind her mane again. "I wonder what that was all about?" He started to lift Fi back into his hair. He wanted to walk over to Charred and ask what was wrong, but he also wanted Fi to be safe; but when he looked on his arm. She was gone. He quickly turned around to see Fi lying on a note. "She must have jumped out of my hand, but that note." He thought, "Did it fall from my hair." 

He picked it and Fi up and read it. He turned towards Fi and lifted her into his hair. Then folded the note and put it in his shirt. He laughed nervously and said, "This must have been what I heard that... yeah. Talk about." He continued to laugh nervously, obviously afraid that he had held up the group. "It... says three." He looked at the other stallion in the room, and quickly directed his glance to the... Yeah, from earlier. "I... I'm terribly sorry guys."

Edited by danzxc123

Ambrose quickly cut the wire, and the door slid open "Ta Da" she said happily. She looked over sheepishly and  Hack, not wanting to startle him. "Any pony want to go first".

((Hope i was allowed to open the door so soon, but then again Ambrose's specialty is electronics.))

((I always expect the unexpected, But be warned the game you play is not something as simple that the right tool for the job can fix.))

The wires you cut do not simply sit and slice, No they bleed, the oozing substance leaks behind the wall's and into whatever recesses lie under the this floor and for whatever reason they also slither back into the wall like an entity all there own. The door creak's open to reveal a Dark and dusty hallway, It reach's farther then you're sight can see in this lighting and it seem's to branch off Left, and right like a fork and you hear an audible thump in the far forward hallway. What will you do? 

Ticking can be heard from the speaker in the room, But only for a moment and it's gone quicker then it was ever heard.

• Brohoof 1

((Sorry Mint Drop op, btw about the human thing, so using some backstory to cover my blunder))

Ambrose turned and looked at the pony talking to her. She had been so concentrated in escaping she hadn't heard. She turned brushing her mane slightly out of the way. Ambrose looked down at her slight nubs. They were the remains of wings, taken from her at a young age. She was suprised that the pony had noticed. Ambrose had assumed she was talking about them. "I was an alicorn, but my wings were taken from me. Sorry i had been concentrating on the door, didn't quite register." Ambrose said. "Nice to meet you, am Ambrose, you?".

((Sorrysad.png ))