Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Did Celestia Plan Discord's Return?

Finesthour

Well what I mean is whenever Discord came back and tried to take over equestria, Celestia was nowhere to be seen and automaticly tried to make mane 6 do it. Discord never even noticed Celestia either, and you would guess you would try to get revenge against someone who sealed you away. Your thoughts?

Sounds like a conspiracy theory someone in Ponyville would make up if they had a gripe against Celestia's reign lol.

But I guess Discord isn't really about revenge, he's about disorder and chaos. Didn't Celestia say she couldn't defeat him because she wasn't in touch with the EoH anymore?

Edited by DJ XFizzle

Well if you think about it, Discord never even mentioned Celestia. I just thought of this and was like " :o"

But he did mention Celestia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuWeQPUz4aA

and the mane six were the only ones who could defeat him because they possessed the elements of harmony. It wasn't much of a choice.

Yes, but she never tried to even help the Mane 6.

She could of helped them look. But she dissapeared.

Maybe she just wanted them to figure it out on their own so they could learn a lesson about friendship or something.

Maybe she just wanted them to figure it out on their own so they could learn a lesson about friendship or something.

That was my next example. Discord could of stopped them if he wanted to, but he decided to sit back and watch. Maybe they were working together to make their friendship even stronger...

I think that she planned on using the Elements of Harmony herself to defeat Discord if he ever showed up again. However, she didn't plan for the possibility that she would fall out of harmony with her sister and they would pass on to somepony else. You would think she would be trying to help protect ponies from Discord, but maybe her magic has no effect on Discord's chaos.

But why did Celestia keep him is her back yard :L

She defintely let him hang out in her back yard and allowed school trips to his statue.

This alone, fillies and gentlecolts, proves just how much Trollestia doesn't actually care about harmony. XD

Maybe that's why she was disconnected from the Elements? O_O

This alone, fillies and gentlecolts, proves just how much Trollestia doesn't actually care about harmony. XD

Maybe that's why she was disconnected from the Elements? O_O

Good point when you're thinking about it ._.

I don't think she planned his return, lest I don't think she would react with such contempt towards him and what he does, and she would've known that the Elements had been taken away already. The mane six was given the task to take care of him because they are the Elements of Harmony, and only they are able to defeat him, even if Celestia is much more powerful than they are now.

Why she had him standing in her backyard instead of locking it away I've no idea. Have it as a trophy there, perhaps?

To me, I think it's just a little overlook the writer made when writing this episode. Didn't really involved Celestia that much in this episode which may have confused and throttled many critical viewers like us, :P

Celestia comes off to me as a terrible and selfish leader.

She kept the knowledge that Luna would once again return to herself and risked the lives of the mane 6. While it was good planning to not tell Twilight so she makes friends, it was still putting Twilight at risk.

She left the statue of Discord in her garden and permitted trips to see it. I'm not sure if he was released by the CMC's but if that's the case then it's completely illogical to leave him somewhere like that.

Watch how she see's trouble and calls upon her subjects to clean up her mess.

This may have been overlooked by the creators but she definitely does not come off as good to me.

I think it was just a coincidence that the CMC happened to unleash Discord. I don't think Trollestia knew that that could happen. He was afterall stone, and there should probably some heavy flank magic to dispell that, unfortunately, that happened to be a little fight between 3 cute fillies.