Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Uncertainty of an Unknown Evil

Game Design

@@Game Design,

Muddle was taken by surprise when she saw the box, and her eyes could only reflect her feelings with tears. She stared into the sparkling ring, and she could see the reflection of a mare that she 'barely' noticed. She wiped a tear away from her eye and sniffled, "When did you?" She sniffled again. Then she looked down at herself for a moment.

She thought about what the future would hold if she just said yes: A new start, foals, a pony that would loves her for who she is; but she knew she could never agree to a marriage, not now. There was still too much she didn't tell him, and she never thought that she would work up the courage to tell him. "Would he even still love me? The headaches were only getting worse, and if I..."

She stopped sniffling, and started to cry without an end. She turned towards the stallion, knowing what she was about to tell him about their marriage would break his heart. “I can’t do it…” (No she not cheating)

"I'm sorry," She cried, "but... I... I..." She couldn't finish her sentence. Her sobs and tears were muffling her voice. Desperately, wanted a place to run, but the only places were back inside her house and past the stallions whose heart she broke. She just stood still, with tears overflowing her eyes, completely unsure of what to say or do.

@danzxc123

Hearfull Arte'st's  heart fell into his stomach when he heard the mare reject his offer. As before, he had not thought about what he would do if she said no. Or that she could, or would say no. He fell limp and sat there for a short while.

"I'm sorry," She cried, "but... I... I..." Heart sighed and was ready for her to slam the door in his face, but he began to hear the sound of whining. He looked up to see muddle crying. Well, she must obviously still care about me. He lifted himself up and pulled the mare into a tight hug.

"Its okay, muddle..." He said, carrying a hint of whimper in his own voice. "M..Maybe some other time..." He began to fell a tear run down his cheek. He quickly rubbed his eye before it could fall on her back. No, no none of that! Your a royal guard. He pulled back form her, her hooves in his. He faked a smile, even though his eyes where watery. 

"If you don't want to marry me right now... It's fine..." His smile then faded unable to hide his emotions any longer. Even letting a few tears fall down his cheek. 

"Because no matter what." He leaned in and whipped her tears away." You will always be my muddle." He kissed her forehead  just below her horn, and took her into an embrace, turning his neck around hers.

"If you don't want to marry me right now... It's fine... Because no matter what. You will always be my muddle."

His words echoed in her ear for what felt like forever. She became completely lost in the stallions warm hug. Slowly her tears began to stop falling. She wished that they could stay like this for awhile longer, "But who's to say we can't..." She muttered softly. She shut her eyes and slightly pulled Heart closer to her towards her, and tried to kiss him.

Her Shadow had been watching from a few feet away. It wanted to give Muddle some space while she made her decision, but started to slowly drift back towards Muddle after she stopped crying and was hugging Heart.

As her shadow got closer Muddle's grip on Heart loosened, until she was holding nothing; and she backed away from the stallion. What she found strange was that she couldn't remember what happened after he had said past 'my'.

-

Her shadow was started to become worried when Muddle stared at the pony in a confused way. She has been doing this a lot lately, spacing out and not know what's going on around her. She can never recall what she was doing in those few moments when shadow wasn't there or look, and usually they were followed by an awful headache. "This is a little bit weird... even for her." Muddle always said that she remembered nothing or what she thought when she had these headaches, but it started to figure out that Muddle might not have been telling the entire truth.

Edited by danzxc123

@danzxc123

Heartfull was about to let the hug go, turn back and return to his duties at canterlot, when he was stopped but soft and gently words. 

"But who's to say we can't..." Heart was surprised for a seconded, and some what confused. She just said she couldn't but then he smiled. He went in to hug her again when muddle began to lead towards him. Heartfull's heart began to thump hard and loudly in his chest, and his face began to glow red. He leaned in with her, but could only feel her going farther away. He opened his eyes to see that she looked confused. Like she hadn't known him, or anything that had happened. He himself was confused for a moment.

"Muddle?" He called. 

"Are you okay?" He took a step towards her only for her to step back. He then lowered his head and wings. 

"Okay... I get the message..." He slowly turned, spread his wings and was about to fly off when he stopped himself. He turned and looked at her.

"Why? What... Muddle whats going on with you?" He took another step towards her with pleading eyes. "Muddle please answer me."

@@Game Design

Her shadow was eager to hear what was troubling Muddle, but also grew jealous at the thought that she would tell something to some, "Stallion," rather than tell itself personally. "... I was always there when Muddle had a problem," it thought, "Right... remember, he makes her happy... I'm still supporting of this one- two hundred percent!" It's thoughts sounded unsure even to it'self. "Muddle just needs some space when ever Hearts' around right?"

~

Muddle tried to look away from heart and divert both of their attention to something else. Then she heard him say.

"Muddle please answer me."
She cringed at his words. She honestly didn't know what to say. She looked at him and opened her mouth, hoping that words would magically flow out; but unfortunately, hoping for these actions only made her look stupid. She shut her mouth and turned towards her house, "I can't... Heart, I love you. I really do, but I think I need time to... think." She sighed loudly and said, "I had better just go." She turn her head so she could wish him goodbye. She thought she owed the stallion that much, "I'm glad I got to see you today Heart, really I am."  

With those last words said she trotted into her house, and used her magic to close her door. The only thing that was odd about this was that, as long as anyone could remember, Muddle's magic was blue; but the door frame was glowing with a pink aura as it slowly closed.

@danzxc123

Heartfull sighed. He turned and spread his wings and flew off, back towards canterlot. As he continued to fly his vision became blurry. He quickly whipped his tears away and told himself that there was no time for that now.

___

Archer and The Captain walked towards the mess hall. The had gotten half way towards it when hearfull flew down beside them. The Captain smiled and trotted towards the Brown Pegasus.

"Came to your seances hu?  That's right no mare can hold you down!" Heartfull ignored the small stallion and walked past him.

"Heart, are you alright?" Archer asked. Heartfull looked to his friend, with tears in his eyes.

"She, she said, NOOOO!" He whined falling to the ground hiding his face in his hooves. Archer walked towards Heart, rubbing his back. 

"Oh you poor thing, come lets get you some ice cream.' Heatfull pushed Archer away and whipped his eyes.

"No! I don't need your petty ice cream! I want cider. Come on, we're going put." Heartfull then began to trot off into the direction of the central plaza. The Caption looked on in confusion but then began to walk in the direction that the Pegasus had gone. He was stopped by archer clearing his throat. He turned to she the unicorn pony holding his hoof out. The Captain grunted and reached into his armor and pulled out a hand full of bits. Archer smiled and nodded.

"Pleasure doing business with you Captain."

"Shut up." The two then followed after their comrade.

Twilight and Game Design continued towards Sweet Apple Acres. As they arrived, Applejack had been bucking apples. She whipped her forehead with her hoof. She turned her head to see them coming down the road. She smiled and trotted towards them. 

"Well howdy you two." She greeted, hugging her old friends. "Ya'll gotta drop by more often, A'h haven't seen nether of ya'll in five years."

"Its good to see you too AJ." Game replied. "And don't worry, we're living in Ponyville while Midnight grows up." Applejack smiled and looked down at little midnight.

"Well how do you do little niece?" AJ asked, walking up to her and rubbing her head receiving a smile and laugh from Midnight. "My, have you grwon, last time i saw ya'll you where such an itty bitty thing." Midnight puffed her chest out and smiled. 

"Well aunt Applejack, as you can see im not a little filly anymore. For i am a big foal now!" The little filly announced, bringing  a hoof to her chest. AJ let out a laugh and nuzzled her niece. 

"But you still are the cutest little filly." Midnight quickly back away from her aunt and gave her a scolding look.

"HEY! I am not cute! You're the one who is cute. You and your freckles." She announced, scrunching her nose up. The three older ponies shared a laugh, while midnight just huffed a strand of her mane out of her face. After they stopped their laughing, Twilight began to speak. 

"Well, we better get a move on, we want to get her sighed up for school tomorrow."

"Wait, before you go, Game there's somepony that would love to see ya." Game grew a smile on his face. 

"Well, best i go pay him a visit." Game trotted off towards the barn as Applejack and twilight walked off to catch up, midnight went off to find Applebloom and the other crusaders. Even though she knew exactly where they had been.

"Give me, a... *hicup*... Nother!" Heartfull demanded, tossing his empty one to the side. Joe did as asked and handed the stallion another cup of Cider. Heartfull reached for the cup when it was quickly taken away by Archer. 

"I think you've had enough heart." He said, pointing to the ten other cider cups. 

"Oh, so... I see... Y-you just wan...*hicup*.. want, all the cider to yourself.., T-*hicup* to get over the mare that told you, to hit the road." He uttered out of his slurred drunken mouth. 

"No." Archer said. "You've had more then five. We need to take you." Heartfull agreed and shock his head. 

"Yeah... Y*hicup* your right, your a good friend archer." He said putting his arm around his friend. "I-I dont know what i'd do with out you buddy." Archer smiled. Even though most of that might have been the cider talking, he knew his friend appreciated him. He laughed and lead his friend out the door, The Captain following behind them. On their way to hearts house. He stopped and yelled at what he thought was Muddle, but it turned out to be a bush. They finally arrived to his house and walked back towards the castle. "

"Wow, he is going to have a headache for tardurus in the morning." The Captain announced.

"Yes and as his friend you're going to..."

"Brake him out of it and give him the most rigorous training he has ever received!" Archer sighed.

"Of coarse you are."

After catching up with big Macintosh, and Applejack, and meeting up with the cutiemark crusaders, the family headed towards the school. As they came in site of the school a flash of blue zipped past them. Midnight's eyes grew wide as she knew the only pony that could go that fast. 

"You guys where planning on coming to see me right?" Rainbow Dash asked pointing at the two.

"OF coarse rainbow." Twilight said. "But soon sighing up for the school will be closed, and." "Rainbow Dash!" Midnight yelled flying up to her cyan aunt and hugging her tight, then looking up to her.

"It's soo good to see you again!"

"Good to see you too Mid, look at you. You're a big foal now hu?" 

"Yep, big enough to fly!" Midnight said flapping her wings, flying around Rainbow. Dash let out a chuckle and took off herself.

"Great, now i can take you to all the coolest clouds to nap on." Midnight cheered for joy and was off with her aunt. Rainbow was sure to be just slow enough to let midnight to keep up with her. 

"Midnight!" Twilight called. Game stopped her.

"We can go sighin her up ourself's let her have fun with Rainbow, this is the happiest she's been in days." Twilight looked back and smiled then turned to nuzzle her husband. 

"Your right." She said. Then the two headed for the school. As Dash and midnight flew though the air, midnight looked down. She loved flying and better then that she loved to see how high she could go. She noticed a familer pony and smiled. 

"Aunt dash look! I know that pony!" She then folded her wings in, and dropped towards the pony. Rainbow Dash panicked and chased after the falling filly. No matter how strong her wings where, they where to small to stop her at the speed. Rainbow dash cought her and let her drop the little ways from the ground. midnight then hoped in front of the mare.

@danzxc123

"Hi!" She blurted out, sitting in front of the mare with a smile. "Do you remember me?"

• 2 weeks later...

@@Game Design, (about time I got back)

Carnation cringed at the fast moving object, coming towards her. She was sure that her life would be over in matter of seconds. She waited... one... two... three seconds had passed, and from what she could tell. Air was still in her lungs. 

"Do you remember me?"

She looked down slowly, expecting to possibly see a large crate or piano. She didn't care for an explanation why it fell so quietly, but she wanted to know what was the object that was about to cause her death; and hopefully avoid it in the future. She was surprised to see a Young alicorn, smiling happily. It was almost as if she was happy to see her, but why.

From what she could remember, she knew no alicorns other than Twilight and the princesses; and even then this one seemed so small. Although, it could have been the very 'different' perspective she had of the pony. She was after all cowering on the ground.

"She does look a lot like twilight," she thought, while starting to stand. "She looks like twilight..."

"Midnight?" she asked cautiously, "Is that you darling?"

@danzxc123

(pffff what? i didnt even notice ;] XD)

Midnight smiled at the mare that stood in front of her. The pony was silent but midnight still had her smile on. Rainbow recognized the mare from how Rarity had described she gave the mare a scolding stair but stayed quiet, not wanting to look bad in front of midnight. 

"Midnight, is that you darling?" The mare asked. Midnight chuckled and and nodded her head to the mare.

"Mhm, its nice to meet you again, i just wanted to say thanks for the dress you made me, it was so pretty and beautiful!" Midnight then rose an eye brow sporting a confident smile, walking next to the mare and nudging her leg. "Sure have grown sense the last time you saw me hu?" Midnight asked smiling up at the mare. Rainbow Dash gave a laugh to the little filly and walked up to her, rubbing her head. 

"What are you talkin about squirt? Your still a cute little filly" The cyan mare teased. 

"Hey, im not cute! And I'm not little!" Midnight corrected with a snort. Rainbow giggled and nudged the filly.

"I know im just teasin." Rainbow then started to tickle little midnight.

"Aunt dash... stop!" Midnight waled out while laughing. She was able to get Rainbow to stop. She got up and dusted herself off and fixed her hair, and walked back over to the fashion mare. She smiled and began to talk again.

"So, miss carnation how are you after all this time?" 

@@Game Design,

Carnation watched as Rainbow Dash, mercilessly tickled the young alicorn. The mane 6 seemed to always give her a reason to dislike them. It seemed as if Twilight was the only sane one out of them all. She after all had the common decency to settle down, and raise such a "Cute and ad... What am I thinking..." 

She realized that while she was thinking midnight had walked back up towards her and asked, "So, miss carnation how are you after all this time?" 

The question made Carnation slightly cringe. She remembered how she acted the day that Midnight was born, and how uncouth she had acted. Hopefully her parents or that guard didn't tell the little...~ Tell the little 'filly' what had happened.

~

Carnation gave Midnight a small hug and said, "Everything has been fine dear. I can't say I have too many..." She glanced back at rainbow dash for a moment, then forced a smile and looked back towards midnight, "Ahem... 'Problems' as of late; and my, my you have grown quite a bit haven't you." She looked at everything Midnight was wearing. "Dear! You mentioned my dress. Why are you not wearing it? I would have loved to see you in it..."

@danzxc123

Midnight smiled and returned the hug she was given. She was happy to see one of her future subject in such a good mood. Rainbow only rolled her eyes at the fashion mare when she received Carnation's look. 

"And my, my you have grown quite a bit haven't you."   Midnight smiled and sat on her haunches and put one hoof on her chest and another on her hip, and finished with a confident look that bloomed over her face. Her cyan aunt rolled her eyes and a smile on her face. As Midnight took her pose Carnation began to speak again.

"Dear! You mentioned my dress. Why are you not wearing it? I would have loved to see you in it..."

"Oh i was wearing it." She then gave a look of annoyance remembering the itchy dress. "But aunt Rarity made me take it off cause she thought she had a better one. But it was sooo itchy, and not nearly as pretty as yours." Midnight then grew a look of guilt."Please don't tell her i said that..." She looked back at rainbow dash. "Aunt dashie, you cant tell Aunt rarity!" 

"Relax kid, i wont." 

"No! Aunt dash, you have to Pinky promise!" Rainbow sighed and with a light smiled did the normal pinky promise motions. Midnight smiled and hugged her parents friend. Rainbow dash then decided to take midnight back to her parents. Midnight said her good bye to Carnation and the two where off, but as she walked her adoptive niece back to her parents she looked back at Carnation and shot her a look, then quickly looked back in the direction she was waling.