Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Just how underpowered is Trixie compared to Twilight or even other unicorns?

Hive King

What would give is a good idea of trixie's ability is something rather simple. I could bet you 100bits that Trixie did not go to the School for Gifted Unicorns, but a regular school. Trixie is probably like Twilight in that she is self taught in all the basics, the difference is Trixie went straight into work as a stage performer while Twilight too the higher education route.

Twilight is simply better trained.

Trixie may have better magical potential than even she believes she has but simply doesn't know how to tap into it.

Nope, Faust said that Trixie actually did go the School for Gifted Unicorns. If Trixie does have potential, she's too lazy to unlock it seeing as she resorted the AA instead of actually training

Nope, Faust said that Trixie actually did go the School for Gifted Unicorns. If Trixie does have potential, she's too lazy to unlock it seeing as she resorted the AA instead of actually training

Then she must have flunked and I can pretty much guess why. Her Ego.

Twilight gets all embarrassed when Spike says she is the best unicorn, Twilight is sure one of them is better than her.

Trixie would never admit any unicorn is better than her, you can't teach a student who thinks they already know everything.

Let's just say that I would not compare Trixie to Twilight, when it comes to magic. I'd put Trixie above Rarity, since I've never seen Rarity fight anyone with her magic.

Then she must have flunked and I can pretty much guess why. Her Ego.

Twilight gets all embarrassed when Spike says she is the best unicorn, Twilight is sure one of them is better than her.

Trixie would never admit any unicorn is better than her, you can't teach a student who thinks they already know everything.

Similar, but not the same as Sunset. Sunset wanted to have more power than everyone and through she was destined for it. As for Twilight, she's always insecure

I do not consider Trixie to be untalented or "weak" as described in this topic. Trixie's affinity is for stage magic. She is an illusionist, and a quite good one at that as seen during her first appearance. It has already been established that there are numerous types of magic in Equestria. Rarity, for example, has a natural affinity for finding gems. Twilight Sparkle is not a good standard of comparison for one's magical abilities for multiple reasons. She is exceptionally gifted in magic as a whole, she posseses the element of magic, and she eventually transcended into an Alicorn.

Edited by KandeeFlaus
  • Brohoof 1

Let's just say that I would not compare Trixie to Twilight, when it comes to magic. I'd put Trixie above Rarity, since I've never seen Rarity fight anyone with her magic.

True, but Rarity has shown great control with her magic. Not much power, but a lot of dexterity. Rarity is weird because she fights physically while everything else with a horn just fires beams

True, but Rarity has shown great control with her magic. Not much power, but a lot of dexterity. Rarity is weird because she fights physically while everything else with a horn just fires beams

Fighting physically with dexterity, sure. But, the only thing I've seen her do with her magic is finding gems. In my opinion, Rarity's magic is something new to me.

Fighting physically with dexterity, sure. But, the only thing I've seen her do with her magic is finding gems. In my opinion, Rarity's magic is something new to me.

Watch the song "Art of the Dress". Rarity is keeping control of hundreds of objects all at once and moving them about impeccably, something which is apparently high-level studies for Twilight.

Raw Power: Twilight>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rarity

Control: Rarity>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Twilight

Rarity was also able to contain a being that had once had an Alicorn for a vessel and mimic Luna's dreamwalk ability. Go figure. 

That was when under the Nightmare, which I'm pretty sure is like the Symbiote from Spider-Man in that it takes powers from it's previous host. As for her hosting it, that doesn't mean anything as the power boost it granted wasn't on the Alicorn Amulet's level, never mind an Alicorns

Watch the song "Art of the Dress". Rarity is keeping control of hundreds of objects all at once and moving them about impeccably, something which is apparently high-level studies for Twilight.

Raw Power: Twilight>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rarity

Control: Rarity>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Twilight

Yeah, I've seen the song. Twilight's magic is more powerful than Rarity's magic, but you make a point when comparing the two in the control factor.

That was when under the Nightmare, which I'm pretty sure is like the Symbiote from Spider-Man in that it takes powers from it's previous host. As for her hosting it, that doesn't mean anything as the power boost it granted wasn't on the Alicorn Amulet's level, never mind an Alicorns

I meant that creature was able to control Luna, by all rights it should have flat-out obliterated Rarity's consciousness. The mind is connected to the horn that does the magic. And its as you said. Rarity is very pyshically strong for a unicorn, her mental strength might also be pretty good as well

I meant that creature was able to control Luna, by all rights it should have flat-out obliterated Rarity's consciousness. The mind is connected to the horn that does the magic. And its as you said. Rarity is very pyshically strong for a unicorn, her mental strength might also be pretty good as well

It's no doubt she's mentally strong, see her constant manipulation of Spike and the Diamond Dogs and her control over magic, she has mental discipline.

@, I do not think it is possible to decide how powerful a certain character is when we don't know if she has shown her full capabilities in the show or not. Personally I would guess that Rarity's magic is around average. She didn't do anything to the Diamond Dogs when they came and took her.

But about Trixie, she isn't even nearly as powerful as Twilight. However she's probably above average since she went to that school for gifted unicorns thing

Edited by Jokuc

I feel since every unicorn has there own type of magic even if twilight has more raw power in magic trixe may have a type of magic twilight may never be able to grasp because it,s a magic type only trixe knows.

but i stll vote for twilightsmile.png

My own personal guess is that Trixie's base magic is somewhere around where Rarity, and thus the average unicorn, might be. Obviously they don't have the same foci, seeing as Rarity uses her magic mostly for advanced levitation practices in sewing and design making, while Trixie has practiced a specific set of spells that do certain tricks to give the illusion of higher power, but in raw ability, I wouldn't think they're all that different.

I've spent a lot of time on this forum discussing many notable topics, such as the S2 finale, the infamous S3 finale, and other things, but perhaps the one notable topic I've not hit on yet is why Trixie, compared to most other unicorns in MLP, seems so underpowered and basic in her magic. Sure, she is just a magician (as if nopony else in Equestria but her can conjure up magic spells), but surely she must have a decent, if not great, level of magic power in her horn? It's almost as if she had no tutelage in moderate to near-advanced levels of magic. What could be the reasons for this?

Btw, I merged your topic, 'Just how underpowered is Trixie anyway, in comparison to Twilight and other unicorns?' with 'Trixie in comparison to Twilight', and changed the title to encompass both thoughts :3

My own personal guess is that Trixie's base magic is somewhere around where Rarity, and thus the average unicorn, might be. Obviously they don't have the same foci, seeing as Rarity uses her magic mostly for advanced levitation practices in sewing and design making, while Trixie has practiced a specific set of spells that do certain tricks to give the illusion of higher power, but in raw ability, I wouldn't think they're all that different.

Btw, I merged your topic, 'Just how underpowered is Trixie anyway, in comparison to Twilight and other unicorns?' with 'Trixie in comparison to Twilight', and changed the title to encompass both thoughts :3

Somehow I had a feeling you would, but I won't complain. Whereas the other thread compared Trix to Twilight, I wanted to use this thread to compare her to other unicorns in general, because we all know Twilight outranks her by a mile. Guess they kinda merged, huh?

Somehow I had a feeling you would, but I won't complain. Whereas the other thread compared Trix to Twilight, I wanted to use this thread to compare her to other unicorns in general, because we all know Twilight outranks her by a mile. Guess they kinda merged, huh?

:P Your topic included both Twilight and other unicorns, not just Trixie VS the average unicorn. If that was your intent, that's what the title should have reflected ^^

tongue.png Your topic included both Twilight and other unicorns, not just Trixie VS the average unicorn. If that was your intent, that's what the title should have reflected ^^

I see. Well, like I said, I won't get into a spot of bother about it. I did see it coming, and I will say no more. Carry on moderating, good sir!

• Brohoof 1

I see. Well, like I said, I won't get into a spot of bother about it. I did see it coming, and I will say no more. Carry on moderating, good sir!

Not to be picky, but he's administrating lol. Anyway, so that this post is actually relevant, I would like to know what exactly happened on your thread

Not to be picky, but he's administrating lol. Anyway, so that this post is actually relevant, I would like to know what exactly happened on your thread

Oh, nothing much happened. Our esteemed colleague here from the admin corps noticed my thread was the same as another, and took it upon himself to merge our two threads together. There was no real scuffle, so if you were expecting a flame war, don't bother getting the popcorn. happy.png

Oh, nothing much happened. Our esteemed colleague here from the admin corps noticed my thread was the same as another, and took it upon himself to merge our two threads together. There was no real scuffle, so if you were expecting a flame war, don't bother getting the popcorn. happy.png

Darn, I just got through owning two fanboys, a Broly one and a Rarity one. The Rarity one was in the "Is Rarity generous thread". I expected some Trixie fanboys to come in raging about how Trixie is just as powerful as Twilight, with a 3 page essay to back them up(No kidding, the Broly fanboy on Youtbe PMd me 15 excerpts of his paper on Broly)

Darn, I just got through owning two fanboys, a Broly one and a Rarity one. The Rarity one was in the "Is Rarity generous thread". I expected some Trixie fanboys to come in raging about how Trixie is just as powerful as Twilight, with a 3 page essay to back them up(No kidding, the Broly fanboy on Youtbe PMd me 15 excerpts of his paper on Broly)

As much as I hate to divert this thread off topic, I never understood why people on here love flame wars. They're just arguments that can either end good, or very badly. What's the value of sticking around to watch?

As much as I hate to divert this thread off topic, I never understood why people on here love flame wars. They're just arguments that can either end good, or very badly. What's the value of sticking around to watch?

Because, I enjoy the thrill of an arguement, it's kind of blood knightish, but hey, I like it. It's fun going into a flame war and battling powerful debaters

Because, I enjoy the thrill of an arguement, it's kind of blood knightish, but hey, I like it. It's fun going into a flame war and battling powerful debaters

Huh, I never thought of it that way. Well, personally I hate flame wars, because most of the time I get myself into debates I can't win, and I'm always desperately thinking hard of any wild cards to use against my opponent. Sucks to be me sad.png  

Twilight: 100 Trixie: 20 Trixie with Alicorn Amulet: 115(Trixie was beating Twilight, but Twilight could still somewhat hold her own) Twilight during a burst: 130(Growing a dragon is more impressive than aging Snips and Snails) Rarity: 15 Sunset Shimmer: 95

What are we doing Dragonball Z power levels now? Lol that stuff is unreliable dude.

Anyway I think Twilight is magically adept because it's her talent. Same has Trixie since she is a magical performer. This doesn't mean that Trixie couldn't have beaten the Ursa Minor when she had the chance. In fact; I'm sure she could have subdued it if she had used the right tools.  Like Twilight did; she didn't resort to physically attacking it with magic beams or offensive attacks, but with the right elements to make it sleep. She basically took it out tactically and Trixie could've done the same thing though it would require a different tactic.

Since they both specialize in different fields they are both magically adept unicorns.