Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Shadowbolts

Cobalt Storm

I know this may not be in the right stop, but i dont know a better place to put it.

I just wanted to bring up the topic of the shadowbolts, and my very unusual head cannon about them that me and my friend formed based on there short appearance on the show. We feel that the shadowbolts are not an evil flying group, nor a benevolent group, simply Luna's personal air force. When the nightmare forces where in control of luna, they also controlled the shadowbolts, and hence the shadowbolts where evil, but before then, and after then would the shadowbolts be evil? Me and my friend have talked for hours about this and our conclusion is; they are willing servants of luna, who due to luna's control over them are gifted with immortality so they may serve Luna. They are Luna's personal air force, and will even fight by her side from time to time. Sence Luna is the one who controls them, Luna's will is there will, meaning if Luna is a good benevolent pony, so are the shadowbolts. I have heard from my friend that fallout Equestria shows the shadowbolts as a good flying group, rather than evil, but i have not read FoE, and its not technically cannon so i cannot source it. Some people have said the shadowbolts aren't real, and where simply and illusion made my nightmare moon, but i think that scene proves they are controlled by luna, and where only acting evil because of the nightmare forces controlling luna. I apologize if this all is confusing or down right ridiculous, i simply wanted to share my thoughts on the shadowbolts.

My thoughts on the Shadowbolts are, they are a flying force that is controlled by Luna when she knows about what the Mane 6 are scared of the most and uses them as mirror images of intimidation.

Its possible the shadowbolts may not have turned evil/been corrupted by Nightmare Moon. As its clear that Luna's Night Guard & the Bat Ponies have still been around even while she was sealed in the moon.

Though for now, they are merely an illusion created by NMM from Dash's own memory, tho Dash certainly made the uniform real by wearing it on Nightmare Night and with a name like that you would have expected another team to take it up.

Edited by Malinter

I'm down with seeing the shadow bolts again.  I mean they had so little air time the first time why not?  I'm hopping to see them at the equstrian games,

even as bad guys who crash the party.

• Brohoof 1

I've also wondered about that Shadowbolts since seeing the series pilot and have wondered whether or not they 'died' when NightmareMoon was exorcised with the Elements of Harmony as they seemed to be sentient beings.

I would like to know more about them and whether or not they still live within the Everfree Forest.

It would be interesting to bring back the Shadowbolts and see what they can do. Still part of me thinks that they were just an illusion made by Nightmare Moon. Seeing when Rainbow Dash left to go back to the other, the 3 turned into the NMM shadow thing that has been following them the whole time. As it was also shown to be able to take other forms.

Only time will tell.