Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Golden Corruption

That One Techpriest You Used To Know

@@Aerodynas,

Charcoal nodded and her head lowered a bit. "Yeah... I hope Lee's okay. When was the last time you saw him? Did he walk off on his own or talk to some strange pony or something?" Charcoal asked, really wanting to know what happened to Lee. "Please Sunny, anything will help."

@@Charcoal Embers,

"Actually, I didn't keep much eyes on 'em when I was...doin' my thing...but I saw 'em talkin' to some mares like he knew 'em. Probably met 'em back when he hit up the town," she answered in return, giving her a sympathetic smile. Sunny then went to Charcoal's side, trying to avoid touching her with her wet fur as she patted her back kindly. "Doncha be gettin' all worked up. Lee's a sturdy feller. I doubt he'd get in too much trouble," appeased the mare caringly.

@@Aerodynas,

Charcoal sighed. "I know... and I know that he can handle himself... I just... I just wish that I could see him again." Charcoal said a little sadly before putting on a happy face for Sunny. "But anyways, let's move past that and get to a happier topic." Charcoal said, wanting to liven up the mood a bit.

@@@Frosty V,

He took a deep breath, closed his eyes... and opened them, smiling slightly, but coldly, glancing at Jaeger and looking back. "This clears up a lot." He looked at Solar carefully and talked quietly. "While the energy will only prove to be a test of your resolve, I know who exactly we are up against. It's name as we know it is Mar'Del. It specializes in temptation, pleasure, and lust, and it has a particular fondness for music." He sighed. "And, as it's coming from the clock tower, that will be the best place to start our... cleansing, although we'll need more before we go in..."

@@Aerodynas, @@Charcoal Embers, ((Don't worry, I've talked to Lee. We've figured something else out. Keep socializing.)) 

@, @@Frosty V,

Solar Sentinel

"I understand Sir. You have nothing to worry about. My loyalty is to the Princesses of Equestria, besides, I looked stupid with a horn on my head." he said trying to break some tension.

"I take it you've dealt with this demon before Sir? Also, I know I'm a rookie in this Inquisition, but why was it targeting me...actually, never mind. I probaly don't want to know, but if it's alright with you sir, I'd like to take Jaeger tomorrow morning to finish our chat with White Quill."

Solar looked over to Jaeger. "Jaeger, I want you to keep an eye on me tonight...in case I do something stupid, like try to form an army to take over Canterlot or something. If it comes down to it, I want you...no expect you to stop me. Understand?"

Solar looked back in the door where the mares where. "I think I'm going to get some shuteye. Do you want top of bottom bunk Jaeger?"

@, @

Jaeger just stared at Moon Crypt with dead eyes, his face emotionless, he didnt like this pony...not one bit. He turned and walked away as the two stallions finished conversating. When Solar caught up to him he nodded at his question. "Yeah I'll watch you don't worry." He laughed. As he walked into the bunk room and climbed onto the bottom bunk. "Sure its comfy!" He smiled

@,@@Charcoal Embers,  @@Frosty V

Sunny smiled to Charcoal as she then looked to the stallions that shifted around after their discussion. What had she become? If she keeps being who she's not, everpony will leave her in the end...The mare's heart still hurt, no matter how hard she fought it. Doing her 'performance' made her realize what she was: a show...eye candy...nothing more...It was wrong and Sunny knew it. Her guilt was building up to greatly as her heart tugged her away. "C-Charcoal," Sunny said sadly, "I...I gotta go..." Standing up her hooves courageously, Sunny proceeded into the room Solar and Jaeger were in, closing the door behind her and looking to the floor in extreme nervousness as she awaited a comment from one of them.

@@Frosty V, @@Aerodynas,

Solar Sentinel

Solar nodded to thank Jaeger before flying up to the upper bunk.

Solar had closed his eyes, however he caught a light and shadow moving from under the hallway door. He opened his eyes, half defensive, half scaired. Had this demon come for him?

As the door opened, he saw a familiar outline. It was that of Sunny. Solar's heart skipped a beat as he was revealed. "What is it Private?" he said in a half sleepy, half revealed tone. "I actualy was hoping I could talk to you in private, so it's perfect timing."

@@Aerodynas,

Charcoal was surprised by her sudden shift from her normal self to being depressed again. "Oh no... not again." Charcoal whispered to herself as she got up and walked to the door where Sunny had gone. She didn't try and open the door but instead closed her eyes and placed her ear on the door and began listening intently for what was going on and was ready to burst in at any moments notice.

@, @@Aerodynas

Jaeger was looking at the bunk above his deep in thought about the events of the day, as well as Moon Crypt when he heard the door open and close. He turned his head to see Sunny, definitely a mare he hadn't expected to see. "Oh hey Sunny!" He said right as Solar finished his statement. "Well if you to wanna talk in private you can do it here...you know I'm not one to gossip." He said as he pulled up his covers and waited to hear what they had to say

@,@@Frosty V,

"H-hey, Jaeger..."  Sunny answered back, avoiding eye contact before moving a small strand of her mane from her eyes shyly. She then rubbed her foreleg with a blush as she tried to think of what she was wanting to tell Solar. "Ya...wanted to talk to too Solar?..." she murmured, wondering what words he would use to criticize her and her cruel attitude before. He didn't seem to enthused with her presence so the mare knew to prepare for anything.

@@Frosty V, @@Aerodynas, @@Charcoal Embers,

Solar Sentinel

Solar got out of the bed and few down towards the mare, standing next to her. "I..I just wanted to say something..to you. Sunny, your an amazing mare, so fun and full of energy. I'm sorry for what happened back at camp, I really am. I hope you can forgive me. I forgave you long ago." He said as he put his head down in a mellow tone. "Sunny, I'm worried. After my meeting with Lord Moon Crypt, we know what we're up agents. I had a demon calling to me. It has me freaked out a bit that it singled me out. I'm scared for the first time since I joined the Royal Guard all those years ago." Solar paused, for a moment. "If something where to happen to on this mission, I just have to let you know one thing." as he puts his wing around her, as he had become accustom to. "I...I love you Sunny,.." as he laid his head on hers like a scared little colt. "No matter what happens, I will always remember you."

Edited by ~SadisticSkycoaster~

@ @@Aerodynas

Charcoal's eyes widen as she hears those sacred words. Then a huge smile forms on her face as the weight of the words hit her as well. She starts jumping for joy and hopping outside happily. But there was one big problem. All those words did was remind her how much she is missing Lee. As she sits on the grass she takes out a cigar and lights it, beginning her first smoke in a while.

@,

Sunny's eyes twinkled in shock, not expecting this at all...She figured she would have to be the pony to say it. Feeling his soft head leaned against her's, hearing his words of his heart, and knowing his voice of pure truth, Sunny smiled with a small tear dropping from her eye. Even after everything she had done, breaking his heart, mocking him, shoving him away, the stallion of the greatest honor she had ever met forgave her. He looked past it all, seeing straight past her walls into her soul.

Finding it extremely difficult to hold her true self back, Sunny moved her head to his shoulder and embraced him intimately in a hug. Her tears continued to fall as she was quiet, only squeaking sadly on occasion. She knew she didn't deserve this...

"I've always loved you Solar...from the first day you bandaged my hooves...you bandaged my heart....Please," she whispered stressfully amid her sadness and trembling, "do not be afraid of what lies ahead...We...I...rely on you for leadership. As long as I can breathe...I will be here with you, my love..."

• Brohoof 1

@@Aerodynas, @@Charcoal Embers, @@Frosty V,

Solar Sentinel

Solar smiled sadly. "Thanks, That means alot to me," as a tear ran down his cheek. "Tomorrows going to be an eventful day, and I think we'll both need the shuteye." as he nuzzled her head before releasing his wing from around her. "I'm sure you and Charcoal are just as tired as I am."

Solar kissed the mare of the forhead "Good Night Sunny. I'll see you in the morning. Jaeger and I have an appointment as sunrise...don't we?" as he playfully poked him under the cover before kissing her on the head one more time. "Good luck tomorrow."

Solar flew up to his top bunk and pulled the covers over himself and quickly drifted off to sleep.

@@Charcoal Embers,

"Testing your skills at eavesdropping?"

Moon Crypt is standing there in the dark, gazing at you carefully. "Mind if I sit with you for a while, Charcoal?" Without waiting for an answer, he sat down and proceeded to knead his forehead, watching the night carefully.

After a few minutes, Moon Crypt sighed. "Solar should not have done that... not here. I was hoping that they would have waited until the end of the mission before they made up..."

@

Charcoal chuckled at Moon Crypt's question as she blew smoke. "I guess you could say that. And I can see why you don't want them distracted for this mission... but... if they are sad all the time so... maybe this could turn out for the better." Charcoal said. She blew more smoke away from Moon Crypt before turning to him. "Oh, and by the way, I do mind if you sit with me." Charcoal said in a joking manner.

• Brohoof 1

"Oh, yes. Sorry, oh almighty Charcoal Embers, for disturbing your mindset." He bowed mockingly. He sighed before sitting down again. "It's not just that... we're playing against one of the sneakiest devil in Tartarus. And Solar's been the target of his... opening act. How long will it take for him to play a sleight of hand against either of them, seperate them, then have them spiraling into his trap in thirty minutes?" He shook his head. "But I am forced to keep them seperated... I can only hope that Solar and Sunny has the willpower to resist his words..."

@

Charcaol sighed at Moon's words. She shifted her hooves around as she thought of what she was going to say. "Solar... I can't say I know much about him, but Sunnny... I just... I don't know how she would fare." Charcoal blew another puff of smoke before turning to Moon Crypt. "But... I get what you are trying to say. And if you ever need my help with keeping them appart just ask."

• Brohoof 1

@,

Sunny blushed heavily as Solar kissed her head, smiling ever so slightly as beautiful music played in her mind. Even though Solar had made it obvious that he wished to sleep, Sunny wasn't finished with him just yet...Climbing the bunk bed ever so quietly, the mare leaned forward and returned Solar's kiss to his head. She then lifted herself up on the small space atop the bed and, even though she had no blanket or pillow, laid down up against him. Sunny wanted to be close after so long of being apart, snuggling in with him tightly as she placed her head against his strong chest. 

• Brohoof 1

@@Charcoal Embers,

"Apart?" He looked at her oddly. "Quite the opposite now. By now, his lesser demons will have all the information they need to start twisting the strings. We need to keep them together as much as possible. Whenever they aren't on a mission, they need to have direct line of sight to the other. If we let them alone, they are more likely to fall victim to whatever trap it has planned, and I really don't want to have to duel a greater demon lord by myself again." He shook his head.

"Charcoal, the best thing you can do to help is not get into a relation with Lee yet. Wait until the victory party to start loving. Until then, keep the relationship strictly friendly." He got up silently. "Speaking of Lee, I'm going to see if I can find him. Changelings tend to like quiet places, especially during the night. We don't need to sleep due to our... odd diet, and I'll probably find him on a rooftop somewhere, stargazing." He winked and trotted away, going about three feet before taking off.

((@, @@Aerodynas, @@Frosty V, Now CHarcoal goes to sleep or does whatever, and then I'm going to pull a timeskip. Golden Corruption: Day 1...))

@

Charcaol sighs. She figured that would happen. Charcoal stays outside until she finishes her cigar and snuffs it out before walking back inside to head to bed. She doesn't really feel like sleeping with everypony else so she finds a bed that is alone and lays down in it. It takes her a long time to finally fall asleep and when she does she has a rough night with her night terrors.

Edited by Charcoal Embers
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@Charcoal Embers

((This is for Charcoal and Charcoal ONLY. It is here for ease of reference for me, or else I would PM it to her him. Please guys, don't look in the spoiler below. Unless you happen to be Charcoal. Not that I can stop you...))

As the night terrors continue, distorted images flash through your mind, fears made incarnate through the logic of dreamspace. Yet, after the usual, something you've never seen before... images of a large, shadowy being flash through your mind, his voice remiscent of dark things and a presence so far removed from the basic workings of this dimension...

Charcoal Embers... what an interesting name. Most pony's Cutie Marks also serve as their name, yet I guess that it is not the case for you.

A shy, submissive pony with parents that abused her. I wonder why? I will not elaborate further, but it feels interesting that you do not feel at least some contempt for them. Mostly... sadness. The minds of ponies continue to provide a useful source of study...

But enough ruminating. My name is... well, you wouldn't be able to pronounce it. Call me Mar'Del. I am a... leader, is it? A leader from a race of beings from outside of this dimension. Through the magical energies of this realm, we were able to launch an expedition force into the realm, yet I find myself beset on all sides by accusations of invasion and destruction. I merely wish to study before returning to my home. It is what I do- I collect information from all of the dimensions.

But perhaps you might be reasonable. I know not.

Perhaps we might be able to make a bargain.

I have found recently that there has been a... magical phenomenon between two members of your group that has come here to exterminate the demons. Another useful source of study, yet one I have already. Destructive beings.

I wish to be able to study the magical connection binding these two, as I have never seen anything like it before. It seems to not follow the regular rules of magic, and a few of your members seem to act as a void to this magic, drawing it to them. I request that you guide them- it must be one at a time, although it does not matter in which order- to me so that I may be able to watch them and examine their connection.

And in return? I know not your inner mind. Revenge against your parents, the ability to be seen higher in your superior's mind, cleansing these terrors from your mind... perhaps even enhancing the same connection I feel between you and another pony, or destroying it. As I said, your true desires are hidden from me.

I will be waiting in the clock tower- which I am responsible for the dark presence within, perhaps because of my extradimensional origins- for the pair. Guide each one near to it, and I will be able to do the rest... yet due to the nature of the research, I must insist that you do not inform any of the others about this. If they know that I will be examining them, it will ruin the examination.

May your mind stay quiet.

((@@@Aerodynas@@Frosty V, You guys can look now. XD))

As the light dawns on the town, there is a light buzz in the air. The spring breeze blows through the trees, rustling their branches against the side of the inn. The new day sheds light on several previously hard to see details, such as a fountain in the center of the square, and the fact that the roads were now obviously newly cobbled...

Moon Crypt enters the room with Jaeger, Sunny, and Solar, the door opening. "Come on guys, I need you to get up now. As in, now! Clean yourselves up and meet me downstairs. Breakfast is on the way and I have several pieces of news for you." He left, leaving the door open, en route to Charcoal's room...

Edited by Archmagos Amphrose

@,

((It's funny, since I'm not acually a female. XD))

Throughout the night Charcoal had tossed and turned in her bed until she finally woke up with a start. She sat up in her bed and panted heavilly as she looked around, expecting to see something or someone there, but found nothing. She breathed a sigh of relief and got out of bed, but just ended up sitting back down on it and thought about her dream. Mar'Del... what an odd name... but had he ment? She shook her head, deciding to think more on it later when she wasn't tired and covered in sweat.

• Brohoof 1

@@Charcoal Embers,

((This is for Charcoal and Charcoal ONLY. It is here for ease of reference for me, or else I would PM it to her. Please guys, don't look in the spoiler below. Unless you happen to be Charcoal. Not that I can stop you...))

As the night terrors continue, distorted images flash through your mind, fears made incarnate through the logic of dreamspace. Yet, after the usual, something you've never seen before... images of a large, shadowy being flash through your mind, his voice remiscent of dark things and a presence so far removed from the basic workings of this dimension...

Charcoal Embers... what an interesting name. Most pony's Cutie Marks also serve as their name, yet I guess that it is not the case for you.

A shy, submissive pony with parents that abused her. I wonder why? I will not elaborate further, but it feels interesting that you do not feel at least some contempt for them. Mostly... sadness. The minds of ponies continue to provide a useful source of study...

But enough ruminating. My name is... well, you wouldn't be able to pronounce it. Call me Mar'Del. I am a... leader, is it? A leader from a race of beings from outside of this dimension. Through the magical energies of this realm, we were able to launch an expedition force into the realm, yet I find myself beset on all sides by accusations of invasion and destruction. I merely wish to study before returning to my home. It is what I do- I collect information from all of the dimensions.

But perhaps you might be reasonable. I know not.

Perhaps we might be able to make a bargain.

I have found recently that there has been a... magical phenomenon between two members of your group that has come here to exterminate the demons. Another useful source of study, yet one I have already. Destructive beings.

I wish to be able to study the magical connection binding these two, as I have never seen anything like it before. It seems to not follow the regular rules of magic, and a few of your members seem to act as a void to this magic, drawing it to them. I request that you guide them- it must be one at a time, although it does not matter in which order- to me so that I may be able to watch them and examine their connection.

And in return? I know not your inner mind. Revenge against your parents, the ability to be seen higher in your superior's mind, cleansing these terrors from your mind... perhaps even enhancing the same connection I feel between you and another pony, or destroying it. As I said, your true desires are hidden from me.

I will be waiting in the clock tower- which I am responsible for the dark presence within, perhaps because of my extradimensional origins- for the pair. Guide each one near to it, and I will be able to do the rest... yet due to the nature of the research, I must insist that you do not inform any of the others about this. If they know that I will be examining them, it will ruin the examination.

May your mind stay quiet.

((@, @@Aerodynas, @@Frosty V, You guys can look now. XD))

As the light dawns on the town, there is a light buzz in the air. The spring breeze blows through the trees, rustling their branches against the side of the inn. The new day sheds light on several previously hard to see details, such as a fountain in the center of the square, and the fact that the roads were now obviously newly cobbled...

Moon Crypt enters the room with Jaeger, Sunny, and Solar, the door opening. "Come on guys, I need you to get up now. As in, now! Clean yourselves up and meet me downstairs. Breakfast is on the way and I have several pieces of news for you." He left, leaving the door open, en route to Charcoal's room...

, @@Aerodynas,

Solar Sentinel

Solar yawns as he rolls out of bed, forgetting that he was on the top bunk. With a thud, he hits the floor. "Ow."

Solar pulls himself up, walking over, putting his dress uniform on. He didn't feel he needed has armor today if they where still gathering information, however he still took his officers sword. He looks up to see Sunny sleeping there, comfortably and decides to let her get a few moment of sleep.

Solar walked down the stairs, stomach growling as he arrived where Moon Crypt was. "So...what's the plan today Sir?"

Edited by ~SadisticSkycoaster~
  • Brohoof 1