Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Golden Corruption

That One Techpriest You Used To Know

@@Charcoal Embers

Jaeger stepped between the orb and Charcoal, "What the hell is wrong with you Charcoal? This isn't like you!" He said as he wrapped up the orb quickly in his cloak "At this time, this piece of evidence is being confiscated be the Black Legion for testing, you will jab a chance to look at it once it's been cleared. There, that should satisfy everypony."

@@@Frosty V

"Hey, you can't do that. We are a team here and I have just as much of a right to see that orb as you do. So just shut your trap and let me see the damn orb." Charcoal said angrily. "And also, I am acting no different than normal. You are the one acting different with you trying to steal the orb from the shop!" Charcoal yelled a bit louder than normal so it could be heard by everypony.

@, @@Charcoal Embers

Jaeger stared in disbelief, "Charcoal....we are a team...but why are you acting like this, lying, cursing, staring at this like a hungry dog?! That isn't you, you are starting to worry me Charcoal...if you want to see it fine, but it does not leave this shop got it!" he said loudly

Edited by Frosty V

@@Charcoal Embers

Jaeger sighed, "I'm just worried Charcoal, this...thing is dark, it is capable of corruption, you can look at it, but I need to be with you at all times while you do." he said stepping out of the way of the orb, "Here...take a look...don't touch yet alright." he said with a smile

Lee got bored of the bar and decided to follow Charcoal and Jaeger. He tailed them to the smith's shop then stopped as they entered. Thinking quickly, he ducked around back and snuck around until he found the smith. "For the hive. Do him in. It's ok my little drone." At his queens urging, Lee snuck up behind and quickly jabbed his fangs in to the poor ponies neck. Instead of letting go almost immediately as he had with Sunny, Lee held his fangs in for a whole three seconds before letting go of the smith. He knew that the toxin in his fangs, in small doses, would only knock ponies out. If to much ended up in a ponies system though, it would be fatal. He watched the smith fall over dead and placed his horn against the smith's head. In doing so, he cast a spell that let him absorb all the smith's memories, mannerisms, and everything that made the smith the smith. Stepping back, he picked up the body with magic and pushed it in to his own furnace, burning the body. He then closed his eyes and a ripple of green flame crawled over his body. When he opened his eyes, he was the smith. He summoned forth the memories he had just stolen and became an exact replica. This was his forge now. He knew how to make a sword, armor, everything the smith knew. He turned around towards the shop part of the forge upon hearing raised voices. He could discern Charcoal and Jaeger's voices. They were fighting. "Better go help her out." With that, Lee steps inside the shop. His voice changing to sound just like the smith's he says "Well. Hello there again. Come back to look at the orb I see. Who is this you brought with you? And if you would be so kind as to keep your voices down, your disturbing the other customers."

@@Charcoal Embers

@@Frosty V

Edited by The Dragonborn

@@Aerodynas,

Solar Sentinel

Solar began to toss and turn in his sleep, mumbling to himself, resighting what he had read in the book. His conscious mind would never allow him to do such a deed, but his subconscious may. He would do what ever it took to keep Sunny safe, even at the cost of the entire town.

"....lesser  void creature...thou are strong, though not as strong as I....together we shall end the tirony of thy unjust ruler..."

@@Frosty V @

Charcoal scoffed. "Corruption? Please, I have enough control over my mind to keep anything from corrupting me." Charcoal said, her anger beginning to rise up. "Now all I want is to get some information from the orb. That's all. But I can't do that unless I have enough room to experiment with my-" Charcoal's words were suddenly cut off by the blacksmith/Lee walking up to them. "Hello there. I'm Charcoal. And I have to admit I do love thus orb you have here." Charcoala said very kindly and politely, like her and Jaegar's conversation never happened.

@

You feel all of his past memories and feelings flow into you- paranoia about the orb, yet the relief that White Quill would be here any time to remove it. All of your craft and skills, as well as a blunt attitude, came immediately to mind, as well as the decision that if they didn't stop arguing, they would be thrown out. It was hard at first to suppress these memories, but, when you did, you found yourself in complete control, yet totally comfortable in this forge that this pony called home...

@@Skycoaster,

You find yourself running along a midsummer field, basking in the warmth with Sunny next to you, frolicking and romping through the prairie flowers. With the scent of honey and caramel on the mare next to you, the two of you dance for hours, sharing everything between you in mind, body, and spirit.

Suddenly, darkness falls and the fields, the smells, the sun fade away to black, leaving a Sunny has gripped to you in terror. Out of this darkness, whispers come, followed by the black shapes and shambles of various creatures, each taking swipes at Sunny, infecting her with darkness. Even otherwise friends- Charcoal, Jaeger, Lee, even Lord Moon Crypt- reach their gasping hooves towards her, trying to drag her into the darkness. As you pull her away from danger and look at her, she slowly becomes darker and darker, her silhousette slowly changing into one of the beasts so loathed, hated... feared?

Calling upon a power long forgotten, a rush of energy comes to you as a spirit of darrkness fills your veins. Yet an understanding of darkness aids the light, and two blades of pure energy spring from your hands. With a wave, the creatures are gone and the threats have been destroyed. Yet as you look around, you notice that Sunny has disappeared. Starting at a noise behind you, you turn around to reveal a giant, four-armed creature, fifty feet high and glaring down at you. It will take more power than what one is capable of to defeat me, Bearer of the Light. Even with the Nightmare decadent on your bones, you will need more if you in your petty little rage will be able to stop. I am the puppet master, and you and all your friends are merely puppets. And I find that you have not served me well. It is time to cut those strings. You find yourself looking up and noticing that attached to each part of your body are millions and millions of strings, each held by a different pony yet all of them held, either directly or indirectly, by the demon lord. With a swift chop, the demon severs the strings sending you spiraling down, alone in the darkness and insanity, forever...

Yet you find yourself still connected by a sole string, and you feel it pulling up at you, repairing you. The creature known as the Nightmare repairs your weaknesses and maximises your strengths, before placing the strings into your hands, making them disappear. This colt is under my protection. He will not fall to the darkness and decadence that you represent. As you take up your blades once again, the demon laughs, shattering the world like glass and leaving you to fade back into consciousness, refreshed in body but not in mind...

• Brohoof 2

@@Charcoal Embers, @

Jaeg looked over to the smith and grinned, "Yes I just had o come back and we it again for myself, as well as make sure prying thieves didn't steal it." he mumbled tue last bit under his breath before lpoking back up with a friendly smile, "Arguing? Well I think t wasn't that bad but we can lower our voices for sure!" he said happily

Lee nods, and says in a gruff voice "Good. You better not get to attached though. I'm having someone more capable come to look at it. In fact, I think I better hold on to it until he gets here ok?" He says, holding out a hoof? He'd found some protective gloves behind the table and suspected they were for the orb. He put them on as He, Jaeger, and Charcoal were talking, and now had them on so that he could hold the orb.

@@Charcoal Embers

@@Frosty V

Edited by The Dragonborn

@@Skycoaster

Sunny Caramel

The mare could feel him flinching and moving in his sleep on top of reciting some strange words, making her feel a little uneasy minus his already grim appearance. She just held on though, not in tears, but in strength and comfort. This was her stallion, no one elses. Whatever would happen, she would see it that he would be alright. Her rapier jingled on the bedside as Sunny moved a little to give herself the full ability to wrap all her hooves around him, not letting him go. "It's alright ya hear...I'm with ya..." she whispered, trying to comfort his slumber.

• Brohoof 1

@@Aerodynas, @,

Solar Sentinel

Solar is startled out of his sleep, sqeezing Sunny beside him. He is revealed that she was still with him. "...For you...I would give anything..." he says under his breath, though something is different. He can feel a power growing inside of him, almost as though there is a comforting presence within him. Was that a dream or something more. Solar had to know. His head pains had faded as he looked down at the pendent hanging from his neck. He kissed Sunny on the head before slowly getting up and walking into the bathroom alone.

"Oh creature of nightmare's, give thee a sign, or was this all a dream..."

• 2 weeks later...

@@Skycoaster,

As soon as you think this, a soft purring of sorts starts up, seemingly in your head, and something dark smirks with amusement...

Quickly, something dark flashes into the bathroom, revealing Moon Crypt making himself small and squeezed up against the wall. He doesn't seem to notice you immediately, but a trio of dark shapes fly past silently, with barely a woosh to reveal that they were there.

He blinked twice before turning to Solar. Weariness seems to pertain his figure as he pauses, examining you, his hoof moving to what appears to be a hilt made out of an orb. "Well... heh, heh... what a coincidence..."

@@Charcoal Embers, @,  @@Frosty V,

The afternoon nears a close as the continuation of browsing looks around. The three of you notice three swooping creatures rush past silently, roughly the shape of birds but bigger. They seem to be radiating dark energy of sorts...

With this, White Quill quickly rushes in. "I'm here... for... the orb..." He got out, panting. After a few moments, he stood up. "Did... did you see those things? They were huge!"

((Hopefully we won't be forced to pause this long again. Sorry, guys, for the time it took me.))

• Brohoof 1

@,

Solar Sentinel

Solar gulps, "Welcome back?....Sir?" he says as he turns the light on. "Um...Exactly how much of that did you...um...see and here...and where did you get that?"

"I take it your..trip...went well?" he said with a forced smile. "Things here have gone done hill a bit...Why are you looking at me like that." 

@@Skycoaster

Sunny Caramel

Solar's startle caused a great deal of sympathy from Sunny, worrying her even more. His words were strange in their purpose, and she recognized them. What could he be up too? Did she have something to do with this misfortune occurring unto him?  Sunny's confusion only led to a frown of sadness painted on her caramel face as she licked his cheek slightly in her worriment. She let him leave reluctantly, removing him from her clinging grasp...'It's happenin' again,' she thought to herself, '...again I'm powerless to do anythin' to help...' With a deep sigh, Sunny rolled back over in the bed and looked towards the wall in sleepless thought and sorrow...worrying for her Solar...and what would become of him.

@@Skycoaster@@Aerodynas,

Moon Crypt remained quiet for a few moments, before shaking his head. "Forgive me, Solar. I'm going to be waiting for you to come back. Meet me in your room." He quickly left the bathroom, closing the door behind him.

Upon entering the room, he ran into the room with Sunny, yet remained silent- she did appear asleep, after all...

@,

Solar Sentinel

Solar nodded as he looked to his commander. "Um....yea, Yes Sir, I'll be right out." as Solar put his head down and waited for him to leave.  

As he left, he looked at himself in the mirror before slowly heading out into the main room.

@@Aerodynas,

Solar walked out into the room over to Sunny and nuzzled her back before looking over at Moon Crypt.

"OK sir, I'm ready for what you wanted to talk to me about..." 

@,

Charcoal looks at White Quill in surprise before giving him a curious look. "Um... not being rude or anything, but what do you need the orb for? Did something bad happen that we missed or what?" Charcoal asked, trying to keep the attention on White Quill and not her.

(edited)

Lee grit his teeth in frustration. He hadn't been counting on White Quill to show up quite yet. Suddenly an idea sprung in to his head. He smiled an evil smile that showed very long fangs and hissed "Well, the plansss been ruined. Chrysssaliss will be mossst dissspleasssed." Saying this, Lee shifts himself to look like a changeling. Not himself changeling, but a normal changeling. He buzzes his wings and dives at Jaeger, grabbing the orb from his hand and then diving out the window. As he jumps out the nearest window, Lee, using magic, creates a holographic image of the changeling he'd become, holding the orb, flying out the window. At the same moment, Lee cast his chameleon spell on himself and landed outside the building, quickly scuttling away before anyone has a chance to react. 

@

@@Charcoal Embers

@@Frosty V

Edited by Dante Confusa

• 2 weeks later...

Lee grit his teeth in frustration. He hadn't been counting on White Quill to show up quite yet. Suddenly an idea sprung in to his head. He smiled an evil smile that showed very long fangs and hissed "Well, the plansss been ruined. Chrysssaliss will be mossst dissspleasssed." Saying this, Lee shifts himself to look like a changeling. Not himself changeling, but a normal changeling. He buzzes his wings and dives at Jaeger, grabbing the orb from his hand and then diving out the window. As he jumps out the nearest window, Lee, using magic, creates a holographic image of the changeling he'd become, holding the orb, flying out the window. At the same moment, Lee cast his chameleon spell on himself and landed outside the building, quickly scuttling away before anyone has a chance to react.

@

@@Charcoal Embers

@@Frosty V

Charcoal stared at the window in shock for a minute, mouth agape, before shaking her head and running out the door. What the fuck was that?! How did a changeling get roped into all of this? She thought to herself as she spotted the changeling and began chasing after it.

Jaeger staggered back from the changeling's sudden lunge. Dammit! The orb! Son of a... he thought as he drew his bow and jumped out after the creature and quickly started to pursue him, matching pace with Charcoal. Why did she have to...ugh..I'm sure it would have happened either way no point in getting mad now... he thought angrily.

@@Skycoaster@@Aerodynas,

Moon Crypt paused and sighed. "Well... apparently the demons here have decided that they want to make their foothold more... public." He peered outside through the window. "The townspeople are strangely apathetic about the whole thing. I must have been chased for three hundred yards in open daylight and not a word was spoken. Which means that they have gotten their roots in dee- ah!"

Moon Crypt braced himself against a wall and put a hoof to his head. "Not... again..." He turned, shaking slightly, to Solar. "Bag... metal device... now..."

@@Charcoal Embers, @@Frosty V,

"Ack!" White Quill flattens himself to the wall, sheer panic on his face. "C-changelings?! Changelings...?! But... how? That doesn't make any sense!" You quickly leave earshot as you pursue the changeling.

@, ((I will be very displeased if you killed White Quill. Just so you know. I would be able to make it work, but I'm going to meh you to Mars if you do it.)) 

Lee keeps the spell making the image of the changeling flying for as long as possible, while also holding on to his chameleon spell. He felt a small amount of satisfaction when Charcoal and Jaeger took off after the flying changeling. He strained a little longer, keeping the image of the changeling in the air, then had him fly out of sight and let go of the spell. Breathing hard, he barely held his chameleon spell over himself. He padded slowly back around the smithy, making his way slowly towards the clock tower. As he did, he took the orb and pushed it in one of the holes in his legs where he wouldn't have to worry about carrying it or it hindering his movements should he have to take evasive actions.

@

@@Charcoal Embers

@@Frosty V

• Brohoof 1

@, @@Aerodynas,

Solar Sentienl

Solar looked at his commander. "So, it is a fight we are in for!"  he said as he watched Moon brace himself against the wall. "Those head pains, I know them well.." as he beang to search through the bag before he finds what he believes Moon wants, as he gives it to him. "Sir, I want to end this quickly. My hatred for Mal'dar has given me strength. Together we can end this threat one way or another, even if it means plan B." as he jingles the medallion around his neck. "Who is going to miss a town that's been missing for over 50 years?"