Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Golden Corruption

That One Techpriest You Used To Know

@ @@Frosty V

As Charcoal continues to look around like she is searching for a dark spot she suddenly remembers why she was actually doing this. Surly Lee had gotten enough time to get Sunny. "Well... for some reason I don't seem to be able to see anything. Guess I was just crazy. Sorry for wasting your time Jaegar. You can head back inside to do whatever it was you were doing before. I need to head to town hall." Charcoal said. "I'll see you later." Charcoal said before she began walking in the direction of town hall. As she walked she waited till she was completely out of site before switching directions and going to the Clock Tower.

@@Charcoal Embers,  @@@Aerodynas,

As the two of you approach the tower with Sunny, you feel... watched, as if there is an invisible crowd surrounding you and whispering, commenting on every move you make. As you approach the bottom of the tower, the doors open and two black, smoky beings float out from the doors, relieving Sunny from your grasp, before gesturing to follow them inside.

((Sunny's still there, and she's barely conscious- more aware of a strange, floating sensation then anything else- but she is still there...))

• Brohoof 1

@@Charcoal Embers, @, @@Aerodynas,

As the two of you approach the tower with Sunny, you feel... watched, as if there is an invisible crowd surrounding you and whispering, commenting on every move you make. As you approach the bottom of the tower, the doors open and two black, smoky beings float out from the doors, relieving Sunny from your grasp, before gesturing to follow them inside.

((Sunny's still there, and she's barely conscious- more aware of a strange, floating sensation then anything else- but she is still there...))

Charcoal nods as she follows the shadowy figures inside the tower. what would she find inside she thought to herself as she walked into the darkness. "Here we go. Be ready Lee." Charcoal said to prepare her friend for what was about to go down inside the tower.
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

As the two of you enter the darkness, the doors creak shut... and then a trio of wisps begin orbiting around your head, providing light and a slight sense of security as you see that this wasn't any clock tower at all, but something biological hiding behind brick and plaster. Looking up, grey, fleshy tendrils extended from everywhere, creating a web of flesh extending above you. The shadowy figure leads you towards a set of stairs leading down. As you begin your descent, you hear... a synthesizer...?

Edited by Archmagos Amphrose

As the two of you enter the darkness, the doors creak shut... and then a trio of wisps begin orbiting around your head, providing light and a slight sense of security as you see that this wasn't any clock tower at all, but something biological hiding behind brick and plaster. Looking up, grey, fleshy tendrils extended from everywhere, creating a web of flesh extending above you. The shadowy figure leads you towards a set of stairs leading down. As you begin your descent, you hear... a synthesizer...?

As Charcoalbegins to deasend she begins to get a strange feeling inside of her. She isn't sure exactly what is causing it or what it is exactly, but she is oddly comforted by it as she begins getting closer to whatever it is that is in this very clever disquise, or hideout or whatever it is that this clock tower really is.

((P.S. 2000th POST! :D ))

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Descending down, the smoky beings lead you through several back and forth passages and other materials. You see other smoky beings flit in and out of the corner of your eye, but, upon looking at them, you can't determine where they are.

The budding music stops- as well as the spirits- and two more open the door, revealing an odd sight indeed.

It was a perfect circle, paved with bleached tile and bone. On the exact opposite side of the room was a throne of marble. The entire place looked like it was a giant, gothic mansion room of sorts. Yet the middle of the room was what drew your eye.

A huge, dark blue, spherical ball of floating mist was floating in the middle of the room. Beneath it was a faint orange glow, and you can determine what appear to be tendrils connecting to the ball to the small inner circle of the room.

Hello, Lee and Charcoal Embers, a voice sounded, seemingly coming from the mist ball. I see that you have found yourselves down here without much trouble- with the mare, as well. Perhaps you will are the ones...

Well, as I keep my promises, I could reward you now. Or... perhaps, if you are patient and are willing to perform a few more tasks for me, I will be willing to... expand on this promise. Only an option, I assure you. The glow seems to writhe and illuminate as it considers you. You obviously have some questions about you- I can see them in your eyes. Perhaps I may answer some of them.
Edited by Archmagos Amphrose
  • Brohoof 1

Descending down, the smoky beings lead you through several back and forth passages and other materials. You see other smoky beings flit in and out of the corner of your eye, but, upon looking at them, you can't determine where they are.

The budding music stops- as well as the spirits- and two more open the door, revealing an odd sight indeed.

It was a perfect circle, paved with bleached tile and bone. On the exact opposite side of the room was a throne of marble. The entire place looked like it was a giant, gothic mansion room of sorts. Yet the middle of the room was what drew your eye.

A huge, dark blue, spherical ball of floating mist was floating in the middle of the room. Beneath it was a faint orange glow, and you can determine what appear to be tendrils connecting to the ball to the small inner circle of the room.

Hello, Lee and Charcoal Embers, a voice sounded, seemingly coming from the mist ball. I see that you have found yourselves down here without much trouble- with the mare, as well. Perhaps you will are the ones...

Well, as I keep my promises, I could reward you now. Or... perhaps, if you are patient and are willing to perform a few more tasks for me, I will be willing to... expand on this promise. Only an option, I assure you. The glow seems to writhe and illuminate as it considers you. You obviously have some questions about you- I can see them in your eyes. Perhaps I may answer some of them.

Charcoal nodded, not at all weirded out by everything around them. "Yes, we did find our way here just fine. And I must say this is a clever disquise you have put together here. But getting tp the point. What exactly are you going to do to Sunny? She is still my friend and I don't want her to get hurt. Also, I was wondering what kind of reward are we talking about here?"

Ever since she had gone to the door, everything was fuzzy. Her body felt so weak and noodly as she could never seem to find focus, hearing echoes of voices and brief glimpses of images. It all seemed to fade in and out of the light as her eyes remained barely open but without sight. Some of the feeling in her tickled to the touch of unknown things as her muscles all relaxed...What's...going on...? Solar?....Celestia?...anypony?....Her thoughts barely managed in her head.

• Brohoof 2

The ball fluctuated slightly. A simple magical potency test. It will be concluded in a few hours, and hopefully while she is still sedated...

A pair of wisps let out a charm before floating over and beginning to orbit around it. Well, that is a problem... perhaps we might ask our friends here if they are able to assist me in that regard... there is an orb of metal, currently in possession of a blacksmith. This metal is bright red and can prove to be a problem to me if it is allowed to be constructed. With this pony's partner's currently... puritanical state, I would appreciate it coming here so he does not decide to use it offensively against me. I wish not to go to the outer void.

((A part with Solar is coming up soon, I just wish to finish this part up first.))

(@

((What does that mean exactly?))

Charcoal nodded. "Of course. Anything to help you. I'm sure this "outer void" is not a place for anypony... or anything to be. I shall go to the blacksmith and procure this metal at once." Charcoal said as she gave a slight bow of respect.

Lee steps up the the shadowy orb now, determination in his eyes. "I'm here on behalf of my queen. Sshe may have banisshed me, but I was promised a special place if I can perform thiss tassk for her. You may know thiss, as you sseem to be a being of immense power, but the hive that I hail from is one of complete dissaray. My queen, through me, wishess to assk for power to ssolidify her possition. I will continue helping you if you find thiss propossal agreeable. I'm ssure you have sseen how convenient it iss to have a changeling at your dissposal."  Stating this, he takes another step forward, awaiting a reply and trying to get a glimpse of what ever was on the throne. "I alsso have a more sselfish requesst. If it iss within your power, I would like to have my wingss back. I misss them terribly and would do jusst about anything to have them returned." 

@

Edited by The Dragonborn
  • Brohoof 1

@,

As you peak around, it is revealed that, in fact, nothing is on the throne, yet a shadowy outline is on it. The wisp huffs, amused. That being on the throne is me, yet I have not fully configured myself to this dimension yet, so I am not able to fully take my form.

At your request, he pauses. I can grant you your wings back, and ensure you queen her power, yet I wonder why you still serve a queen that removed those wings from your back. He pauses again. Very well, but more will be requested of you before I return the favor, and even then it may require the time needed for me to manifest in this realm- which will not be for a few days yet.

@,

Solar Sentinel

Solar continued to read the ancient book, being drawn if with each page that he read. He was amazed by what happened all those years ago in the Everfree. He could feel the pain in his head return, however instead of fighting it, he embraced it, putting the pain towards a hatred and resentment of what ever demon was in that tower. A mad smile graced his face. He could have the power to defeat his foe.

"That demon picked the wrong pegasus to mess with. A decision that I'm going to personally make sure it regrets."

• Brohoof 1

@, @,

"Lee... I have an even better idea. Instead of you getting the respect of your queen, why don't you become the leader of your own hive? I'm sure that could be a thing. But we should probably get going and bind this metal. I personally don't want Mar'Del to be killed."

Lee looked towards Charcoal. He is faced betrayed a struggle for a moment before he calmed down. "No. I wass misstaken. Ussed as a, to put it in a way you would undersstand, sscape goat. Ssomething happened and I wass in the wrong placcee at the wrong time. Sshe hass promissed me much in return for thiss. Oh yess. And why sshouldn't I make my own hive? I'm not of royal blood. I would be killed before the next moon. But enough of thiss idle chatter. We musst be bussy. Look as if we aren't what we are yess?" Turning back to the glowing ball of energy in the center of the room, he asks "Are you almosst finished with our...friend? Yess. Sshe is our friend. You are almosst done, yess?"

@@Charcoal Embers

@

@

Jaeger shook his head, he looked around and guessed everypony had gone there separate ways, now he was alone, he sighed as he thought of what to do next. After a minute or two of thinking he figured that he would just head to the tavern, he was actually starting to look forward to a little alone time.

He started to trot, his gaze falling onto the mystery tower. He stared for a bit and shook his head, he figured that he was the only one who was able to shrug off the feelings, but he couldn't help but feel different, like the darkness had something in it that he hadn't seen before, it scared him slightly but he shook at least some of the thought off.

He entered the tavern and took a seat at the bar, he ordered his drink and started to drink slowly, he looked around the tavern for anything or anypony out of the ordinary. If anything, sitting around was not something he enjoyed.

• Brohoof 1

@@@Charcoal Embers,

If you desire your friend back, I have finished with her. She has been quietly teleported to her room, with barely a memory of these events. You will find her there. I believe that it would save you the trouble of walking back with her and drawing attention to yourself, yes? The wisp emitted an air of amusement. I will leave you to it, then... I must examine these results. They are quite interesting...

((If you two could first head back to the inn and give @@Frosty V something to do, that would be great.))

((And, @@Aerodynas, you will regain consciousness in your room. When you are ready, go ahead and wake up. This should certainly give Solar something to worry about.))

@

As the mare of the night beckoned softly, a void slowly appeared. Speaking softly into it, she spoke words of binding, drawing the reclusive being from within the planes to come to her. "Thou art strong, void-creature, yet I am stronger. Together we will be able to take back what is rightfully mine from the people and from my sister." As the being manifested, it silently began to inspect the princess. As she watched, she continued to go on, detailing her plans of revenge and vengeance against her elder, all while the being was taken form. As the ritual was nearing completion, the monster spoke. It was indeed powerful, it said, but such power was to come at a price. If Luna was truly willing to be granted the power to destroy her oppressor, she would open her mind to the being, and allow it to reside within her, guiding her from within. Desperate for assistance, she did as the creature asked, yet realized, too late, that the being was too big for both minds to occupy the same space. Waging a battle against the creature, it did not take long for the being to overwhelm and captivate the Lunar Maiden, forcing her to become a prisoner behind her own eyes, forced to watch, horrified, every step the creature took with her own body, and, on the twenty-first of July, caused her to transform into the monster that is Nightmare Moon...

- Sir Chrono Scroll, The March Of Time (suppressed by Order of the Inquisition, 994 C.D.)

• Brohoof 1

Sunny's eyes awaked, looking up towards the ceiling of the inn. 'What a weird dream....' she thought to herself as she stretched her dark caramel body, itching her ear before relaxing. Her tail flicked a little at her boredom as she looked over next to her. 'I guess Soaly must've put me up here back in bed...I didn't mean to konk out...' With a weary smile, Sunny jumped off the bunk bed and proceeded downstairs into the inn, brushing back her honeyed mane.

@, @@Charcoal Embers,

If you desire your friend back, I have finished with her. She has been quietly teleported to her room, with barely a memory of these events. You will find her there. I believe that it would save you the trouble of walking back with her and drawing attention to yourself, yes? The wisp emitted an air of amusement. I will leave you to it, then... I must examine these results. They are quite interesting...

((If you two could first head back to the inn and give @@Frosty V something to do, that would be great.))

((And, @@Aerodynas, you will regain consciousness in your room. When you are ready, go ahead and wake up. This should certainly give Solar something to worry about.))

@,

As the mare of the night beckoned softly, a void slowly appeared. Speaking softly into it, she spoke words of binding, drawing the reclusive being from within the planes to come to her. "Thou art strong, void-creature, yet I am stronger. Together we will be able to take back what is rightfully mine from the people and from my sister." As the being manifested, it silently began to inspect the princess. As she watched, she continued to go on, detailing her plans of revenge and vengeance against her elder, all while the being was taken form. As the ritual was nearing completion, the monster spoke. It was indeed powerful, it said, but such power was to come at a price. If Luna was truly willing to be granted the power to destroy her oppressor, she would open her mind to the being, and allow it to reside within her, guiding her from within. Desperate for assistance, she did as the creature asked, yet realized, too late, that the being was too big for both minds to occupy the same space. Waging a battle against the creature, it did not take long for the being to overwhelm and captivate the Lunar Maiden, forcing her to become a prisoner behind her own eyes, forced to watch, horrified, every step the creature took with her own body, and, on the twenty-first of July, caused her to transform into the monster that is Nightmare Moon...

- Sir Chrono Scroll, The March Of Time (suppressed by Order of the Inquisition, 994 C.D.)

Charcoal nodded and gave a small bow. "Of course. And thank you for returning to her room. That will save us time in explaining what happened and as you said it will draw less attention to ourselves. We will get going post hast." Charcoal said before turning to leave.

@,

Solar Sentinel

"So...it was another void creature that created Nightmare Moon...A good idea, but it lacked foresight on Luna's part, however, it's from a third party and not from the Princess of the Night herself.....I will find a...." The pain in his head was now unbearable as he slammed the book. "Come on Mal'dar. Keep pumping this dark magic energy into me and see what happens!" he yelled "If that's all you got, you better go back to that void that you came from!"

Lee followed Charcoal out of the tower and back to the inn, arguing silently inside his mind all the while. "They will notice I'm different." "It matters not my little one. They wouldn't harm you. You are their friend, are you not?" "Why did I listen to you? How are you even talking to me?" "You don't remember? Your time in the hive? My voice was always there, helping you decide what to do." "How did you find me? Why...How?" "That's enough my little one. Go to sleep. When you wake up, you'll feel better." "But I-" "Sssssleeeeeeep." Lee stumbled but righted himself in an instant, smiling at Charcoal as he ran to catch up to her.  "I...I want to apologize for how strangely I've been acting. I guess all of this has, well, it re-awoke something in me. I think I'm better now that it's over though."

@@Charcoal Embers 

Edited by The Dragonborn

Lee followed Charcoal out of the tower and back to the inn, arguing silently inside his mind all the while. "They will notice I'm different." "It matters not my little one. They wouldn't harm you. You are their friend, are you not?" "Why did I listen to you? How are you even talking to me?" "You don't remember? Your time in the hive? My voice was always there, helping you decide what to do." "How did you find me? Why...How?" "That's enough my little one. Go to sleep. When you wake up, you'll feel better." "But I-" "Sssssleeeeeeep." Lee stumbled but righted himself in an instant, smiling at Charcoal as he ran to catch up to her. "I...I want to apologize for how strangely I've been acting. I guess all of this has, well, it re-awoke something in me. I think I'm better now that it's over though."

@@Charcoal Embers

Charcoal chuckled a bit and gave Lee a small kiss on the cheek as they walked. "Don't worry about it. You're still me Lee and I love that Lee. But... on the subject of strange... I've been... sensing things. When we pass somepony I hear small voices coming from them and I get these odd feelings from them that aren't my own."

@,@@Aerodynas, @@Frosty V,

Solar Sentinel

Solar made his way out of the room, his vision blurred from what ever was going on in his head. He made his way over to the stairs, making the first few steps before collapsing, falling down the stairs. He was in pain, but the only thing he could do is laugh. His pure white coat was now darker, his normally well groomed mane was wild and unkempt. The only thoughts running through his mind were that of revenge on the demon responsible.

Edited by ~SadisticSkycoaster~

@,

Sunny's turned as she noticed the hoof steps...Her jaw dropped as water cleary began to mist in her eyes. Something was very wrong. "...S-s...Soaly?" she whimpered as she hesitantly moved in his direction, unsure of how to approach what stood before her. As she got up close enough, it was clear that she was trembling, a small trickle of a tear going down her cheek as she brought her hoof up very slowly to touch the side of his muzzle tenderly. "I-Is that...What happened to you?" Sunny asked quietly as the terror was audible in her voice. The mare dared not get any closer to him.

@, @@Aerodynas

Jaeger heard the clattering and crashing on the stairs, making him jump slightly as he turned to see what looked to be like a dark pony, but when he saw Sunny mention Solar's name and talk to the stallion he knew exactly who it was. "S-solar? Is that you? What in the name of Celestia happened to you?" He asked as he rose from his seat and slowly walked over to the two ponies, reaching to place a hoof on his dagger, just in case things went south. What the hell is going on? he thought frantically, still staring at Solar.